Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McNulty's comments 08:34 - Jul 30 with 14208 viewsscarrow

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/july/interview_mcnultypostbradford/

Budget or lack of...

Poll: Final position

McNulty's comments on 09:00 - Jul 30 with 6054 views442Dale

Although he’s obviously mentioned the budget before in the excellent radio interview, there’s even more emphasis on it now.

Despite the doubters, and I was one, his work so far and recent communications with the fanbase has been excellent. The next few months are going to be very tough for all concerned it seems, but McNulty has certainly earnt the support and probably a bit more patience for going about his task in what must be a very difficult environment at times.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

McNulty's comments on 09:23 - Jul 30 with 5987 viewsTrev

Depressing reading.

Up the dog and duck Dale.
McNulty's comments on 09:25 - Jul 30 with 5981 viewsTalkingSutty

The last paragraph speaks volumes as to the state of the club. It's now at it's lowest ebb.
McNulty's comments on 09:30 - Jul 30 with 5951 viewsHullDale

"I would like a few more bodies in the building – I don’t know if that’s going to be possible"

In other words, vote yes at the EGM or else....

That whole interview reads to me like he hasn't even got the budget he was told he'd have when he took the job on. Thoroughly, thoroughly depressing.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2023 9:30]
McNulty's comments on 09:36 - Jul 30 with 5918 views442Dale

One thing that needs to be made crystal clear (there are plenty that do!), is whether the fans forum, which has been promoted as being a vital source of information for fans/Trust members/shareholders, will be available live for people to view.

Fully expect the club to confirm this within the next 24-36 hours as part of their commitment to reengage with the fanbase.

It is vital this happens. There are no alternative stances.

McNulty's comments on 09:45 - Jul 30 with 5876 viewsNorthernDale

I am also seriously concerned for the club this coming season, we will struggle to put a team out, with any injuries or suspensions. I have tried to support the board, but I have reached the stage I think the board is slowly running the club into the ground through its management of the club. We are selling players or letting them go for free (the question is, who is next?), they have reduced the playing budget significantly, we are signing unknown and untried players and yet we still have no money. In over four decades of watching the Dale, I cannot remember the club being so badly run, then in recent years.

I was hoping that we would be at least aiming for a top seven finish, but we seem to be replicating Scunthorpe approach to the NL, yet we can only hope in a brighter future.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2023 9:54]
McNulty's comments on 09:56 - Jul 30 with 5835 viewsTalkingSutty

McNulty's comments on 09:30 - Jul 30 by HullDale

"I would like a few more bodies in the building – I don’t know if that’s going to be possible"

That whole interview reads to me like he hasn't even got the budget he was told he'd have when he took the job on. Thoroughly, thoroughly depressing.

We also receive a 100% solidarity/broadcasting parachute payment this summer following relegation from L2. I think that's about £450k but maybe even more now. That drops to 50% next season.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2023 10:07]
McNulty's comments on 10:07 - Jul 30 with 5758 viewsDalenet

McNulty's comments on 09:30 - Jul 30 by HullDale

And we are looking to borrow from the Board members to cover budget shortfalls just as we used all the new sharev capital last year to cover the annual budget shortfall. What has happened to the cost cutting to manage the club to the position we find ourselves? We run out of options in 2024.

The shareholders need to see greater transparency on costs and budgets. The current position isn't sustainable and we can't keep hearing managers sounding surprised by the position we find ourselves. Is there a budget or not??
Login to get fewer ads

McNulty's comments on 10:08 - Jul 30 with 5751 viewsJames1980

McNulty's comments on 09:56 - Jul 30 by TalkingSutty

We also receive a 100% solidarity/broadcasting parachute payment this summer following relegation from L2. I think that's about £450k but maybe even more now. That drops to 50% next season.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2023 10:07]

I wonder when those payments hit the clubs bank account and is it a lump sum or installments.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

McNulty's comments on 10:10 - Jul 30 with 5742 viewsNewbury_Dale

Id much rather see a rookie like Oscar Kelly or Darren Ehimamiegho given a chance to progress than watching someone "tried and tested" like Scott Quigley show the bare minimum in terms of commitment.
McNulty's comments on 10:21 - Jul 30 with 5699 viewsTalkingSutty

McNulty's comments on 10:08 - Jul 30 by James1980

I wonder when those payments hit the clubs bank account and is it a lump sum or installments.

Not sure if it's a lump sum or not but the information regarding the percentages is on Wikipedia under parachute payments. I'm sure it's a easy question for anybody in the Boardroom to answer, if not somebody from Hartlepool will no doubt help.No other clubs in our league receives this payment. Alongside cutting the playing budget it should still help to provide the manager with a competitive budget.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2023 10:23]
McNulty's comments on 10:24 - Jul 30 with 5677 viewsA_Newby

McNulty's comments on 10:08 - Jul 30 by James1980

A very good question James.
McNulty's comments on 10:39 - Jul 30 with 5611 viewsTalkingSutty

McNulty's comments on 10:07 - Jul 30 by Dalenet

And we are looking to borrow from the Board members to cover budget shortfalls just as we used all the new sharev capital last year to cover the annual budget shortfall. What has happened to the cost cutting to manage the club to the position we find ourselves? We run out of options in 2024.

The shareholders need to see greater transparency on costs and budgets. The current position isn't sustainable and we can't keep hearing managers sounding surprised by the position we find ourselves. Is there a budget or not??

Only 15 months ago the Chairman issued a statement in which he stated 'during the 2021/2022 season we have returned to being a properly and prudently run football club'.

If what he said then was correct then why, just over a year later, is he now talking about possible liquidation? How can a club go from being properly and prudently run to possible liquidation in such a short time span? The money that was used to purchase the MH shares supposedly came out of their own pockets so can't be factored in when explaining this nosedive into possible oblivion.

There is also a reluctance to engage with shareholders in regards to the EGM and a reluctance to screen the forum on line, why? Why have the local media etc failed to pick up on the Chairman's mention of possible liquidation? It feels to me that the shareholders are being subjected to tactics akin to blackmail in relation to the EGM, it's either the Chairman's way or the highway.

Something's not right about this.
McNulty's comments on 10:43 - Jul 30 with 5597 viewsJames1980

McNulty's comments on 10:24 - Jul 30 by A_Newby

A very good question James.

It might explain some of the reason for needing a cash injection, if we are waiting for part or all of the parachute payment.

McNulty's comments on 10:58 - Jul 30 with 5530 views442Dale

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2022/april/chairmanmessageseasoncards_22-23/

If you haven’t already, please read all of the information under the ‘Financial and playing budget update’ part of this article from 29/4/22.

The detail is there about looking at controlling costs and supporting the playing budget. Which was able to be “significantly increased”.

McNulty's comments on 11:16 - Jul 30 with 5466 viewsD_Alien

McNulty's comments on 10:43 - Jul 30 by James1980

It might explain some of the reason for needing a cash injection, if we are waiting for part or all of the parachute payment.

That's something that would take any Chairman two minutes to explain, and it'd be accepted - on that type of basis alone, as a single, short-term measure

But he hasn't, so it's not

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

McNulty's comments on 11:32 - Jul 30 with 5368 viewswozzrafc

McNulty's comments on 09:36 - Jul 30 by 442Dale

One thing that needs to be made crystal clear (there are plenty that do!), is whether the fans forum, which has been promoted as being a vital source of information for fans/Trust members/shareholders, will be available live for people to view.

Fully expect the club to confirm this within the next 24-36 hours as part of their commitment to reengage with the fanbase.

It is vital this happens. There are no alternative stances.

That’s it though it isn’t being a source of information ,nothing is. We should not have to hold a fans forum to presented the information but I like other fans have said it appears to be the only chance we have to get that information if the board are not going to be be forthcoming! I don’t think they realise how much of a bumpy ride they have created for themselves.

I also plead to the board that it is an opportunity to present their case to the fans and shareholders in advance to put forward the importance of getting the loan and put some fans concerns addressed. Whether they have the foresight or respect to do that is another thing.

But we shouldn’t have to rely on fan’s demanding answers. The fans forum is just one opportunity. There’s the website, social media etc etc.

I agree everything has to be done to reach out to velvety fan and shareholder so they can make a decision. That includes broadcasting the fans forum and fully reporting on the events afterwards.
McNulty's comments on 11:32 - Jul 30 with 5368 viewsJames1980

McNulty's comments on 10:58 - Jul 30 by 442Dale

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2022/april/chairmanmessageseasoncards_22-23/

If you haven’t already, please read all of the information under the ‘Financial and playing budget update’ part of this article from 29/4/22.

The detail is there about looking at controlling costs and supporting the playing budget. Which was able to be “significantly increased”.

But that was prior to last season.

McNulty's comments on 11:39 - Jul 30 with 5333 viewsNorthernDale

I agree, the chairman and the board need to explain why we need a loan, is it a short-term bridging loan to short-term costs until we get money due to us in to the club. The must be some or a lot more transparency in how the money is spent.

This some summer we have
1. Sold Brierley and Mullarkey, we even got money for Odoh - we can only speculate on how much we got.
2. We have sold around 2000 season tickets - again we can speculate on the income from this.
3. We will receive according to other posters £450,000 from the EFL.

We may have not received all the money in full yet or it will be in payments, especially to the EFL. Either way the amount that as come into the club may be a significant figure, so it would be nice to know how the money as been spent. Hopefully we can get answers from the board in respect to these concerns, but I am beginning to suspect the board is totally inept.
McNulty's comments on 11:43 - Jul 30 with 5292 views442Dale

McNulty's comments on 11:32 - Jul 30 by James1980

But that was prior to last season.

Yes. So presumably whatever structures were in place would be able to monitor increases in costs and outgoings, with effective planning able to minimise the impacts of other events which happen in football eg changes in managerial teams.

It was prior to last season but the mentions are there about the future. There are no excuses for where we are now, only explanations about what went wrong and what has been put in place for the future.

Gone are the days of the patronising lines about how broken the game of football is. We know this. We always knew this. What are we doing differently?

McNulty's comments on 11:49 - Jul 30 with 5250 viewsD_Alien

McNulty's comments on 11:39 - Jul 30 by NorthernDale

I agree, the chairman and the board need to explain why we need a loan, is it a short-term bridging loan to short-term costs until we get money due to us in to the club. The must be some or a lot more transparency in how the money is spent.

This some summer we have
1. Sold Brierley and Mullarkey, we even got money for Odoh - we can only speculate on how much we got.
2. We have sold around 2000 season tickets - again we can speculate on the income from this.
3. We will receive according to other posters £450,000 from the EFL.

We may have not received all the money in full yet or it will be in payments, especially to the EFL. Either way the amount that as come into the club may be a significant figure, so it would be nice to know how the money as been spent. Hopefully we can get answers from the board in respect to these concerns, but I am beginning to suspect the board is totally inept.

Inept?

It's a deliberate withholding of relevant information to shareholders, in a timely manner

It's time to stop making excuses for any of this

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

McNulty's comments on 11:50 - Jul 30 with 5243 views49thseason

McNulty's comments on 11:32 - Jul 30 by wozzrafc

That’s it though it isn’t being a source of information ,nothing is. We should not have to hold a fans forum to presented the information but I like other fans have said it appears to be the only chance we have to get that information if the board are not going to be be forthcoming! I don’t think they realise how much of a bumpy ride they have created for themselves.

I also plead to the board that it is an opportunity to present their case to the fans and shareholders in advance to put forward the importance of getting the loan and put some fans concerns addressed. Whether they have the foresight or respect to do that is another thing.

But we shouldn’t have to rely on fan’s demanding answers. The fans forum is just one opportunity. There’s the website, social media etc etc.

I agree everything has to be done to reach out to velvety fan and shareholder so they can make a decision. That includes broadcasting the fans forum and fully reporting on the events afterwards.

The Board will be held to account by the owners of the club, the shareholders, at the EGM. It would be wholly inappropriate to discuss sensitive financial matters in an open public forum prior to the shareholders being informed. If fans feel they are being excluded from discussions they are passionate about, they have the option of buying some shares and becoming shareholders and indeed should do if they possibly can.
McNulty's comments on 11:53 - Jul 30 with 5232 viewselectricblue

McNulty's comments on 11:43 - Jul 30 by 442Dale

Yes. So presumably whatever structures were in place would be able to monitor increases in costs and outgoings, with effective planning able to minimise the impacts of other events which happen in football eg changes in managerial teams.

It was prior to last season but the mentions are there about the future. There are no excuses for where we are now, only explanations about what went wrong and what has been put in place for the future.

Gone are the days of the patronising lines about how broken the game of football is. We know this. We always knew this. What are we doing differently?

The old saying....
If you cut your coat according to your cloth, you only buy things that you have sufficient money to pay for.

So why as the the playing budget been drastically cut but the club is bloated with staff..
The BoD seem to have taken the easy route in players wages etc but not cutting staff.....

These day staff can usually be given a months notice before making the redundant surely the same principle happens at the club....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

McNulty's comments on 11:56 - Jul 30 with 5212 viewskel

McNulty's comments on 11:43 - Jul 30 by 442Dale

“Gone are the days of the patronising lines about how broken the game of football is”

Couldn’t agree more yet it’s still being trotted out elsewhere, even now. I’ve always tried to be supportive of the club but I’m now at the point of losing complete confidence in this board. It’s made up of patronising, arrogant blokes who refuse to listen to anybody outside their circle.

I thought those days had gone when we got rid of Bottomley and Rawlinson but this lot take it to a different level. I’d rather start from scratch than be dictated to by this lot.
McNulty's comments on 11:57 - Jul 30 with 5204 viewsTalkingSutty

McNulty's comments on 11:50 - Jul 30 by 49thseason

The Board will be held to account by the owners of the club, the shareholders, at the EGM. It would be wholly inappropriate to discuss sensitive financial matters in an open public forum prior to the shareholders being informed. If fans feel they are being excluded from discussions they are passionate about, they have the option of buying some shares and becoming shareholders and indeed should do if they possibly can.

Excellent point. The place to ask questions in regards to financial matters is at the EGM. I'm assuming the EGM will be minuted?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024