Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coaches 20:53 - Oct 9 with 1482 viewsscarrow

One not running to hereford I see. No one will pay the £50 a ticket wanted which is understandable. Then you look at prices of coach travel offered by other similar sized and smaller clubs. A fraction of the price... is this Dale using the most expensive coaches out or other clubs subsidising? Whatever its a poor show with some fans unable to get to matches without the coach travel.

Poll: Final position

Coaches on 21:15 - Oct 9 with 1414 viewsDalenet

I saw that Hereford charge £26 per game for coach travel to games including to the likes of Southport. I suspect that is on a not for profit basis. Our £50 will be "marked up" to cover overheads and any shortfall in passenger numbers.

But coaches use 1 litre of diesel for every 1.3 miles. The fuel bill alone to Hereford and back will be £500. Add the driver and coach hire costs for say 11 hours and the bill soon adds up. The club will need to be confident it could fill a coach at £30 a pop to break even. They can't take a risk given our financial position.

Maybe this could be one of the volunteer roles - a co-ordinator for lift shares to away games where no coach is booked. Just a thought
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024