Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matt Grimes 19:36 - May 9 with 1340 viewsKeithHaynes

Has played every single minute of every league game for the last three seasons !

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Matt Grimes on 12:10 - May 11 with 141 viewsSullutaCreturned

Matt Grimes on 19:09 - May 10 by dobjack2

I think that you were a bit harsh and that he would benefit from a better balanced midfield. As would others. But is he playing to orders?

Probably could do with a rest from time to time but we don't have the quality in depth to do that if he is fit and ready to play.

two things about that, first it shows how rubbish the transfer windows were because we signed a lot of players and had a poorer squad.

Second, have our last 4 managers instructed him to play that way, slow, negative dropping deep and putting us under pressure? if that is true then we really need to look again at the type of manager we want.
I'm all for playing good football but ultimately it's results that matter. it might have been shite but if Duff had gotten us winning, we'd have put up with the football while the good results were rolling in.
Matt Grimes on 12:29 - May 11 with 139 viewsRichardO

Matt Grimes on 19:09 - May 10 by dobjack2

I think that you were a bit harsh and that he would benefit from a better balanced midfield. As would others. But is he playing to orders?

Probably could do with a rest from time to time but we don't have the quality in depth to do that if he is fit and ready to play.

You are right about that balance in the midfield I have mentioned about who players with Grimes and what formation you play together the best out of him but that depends where the strengths are in the team. one of the strengths the second half of the season has been out wide but with limited players pushing forward in the middle with some dropping too deep to cover the on rushing full backs who are now by carrying the ball forward or pushing up too high and are closing space up stead of playing the ball first time.
We are not playing effective football.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024