| Assisted dying bill 19:19 - May 13 with 5250 views | raynor94 | Has passed the first stage in Scotland, following Parliament, personally I think it's thw way forward |  |
| |  |
| Assisted dying bill on 13:12 - May 18 with 616 views | SullutaCreturned |
| Assisted dying bill on 08:03 - May 18 by AnotherJohn | I am not a religious person, and I think it is a mistake to think that most who have doubts about the present bill are concerned only about religious doctrine. My worry is that the proposed legislation may have unintended consequences that haven't been properly thought through. Read the impact assessment together with the statements from the various Royal Colleges. You may not agree with all the worries raised but it is hard to deny that the changes in care practices would be complicated, emotionally-charged and have big resource implications. https://www.gov.uk/government/ https://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/news https://www.rcp.ac.uk/policy-a https://www.rcgp.org.uk/News/A I won't be adding anything to this thread now, as I've said my piece. |
The changes will be big in every way you say but then the resources, it may actually use fewer resources because people would not be forced to live and need intensive care and weeks or months of medicines to deal with the suffering. The religious aspect is a part of it however big or small. All legislation has unintended consequences, always has, always will. The clever part is in dealing with them quickly and effectively which has hardly been a Westminster strength because of political ideology. |  | |  |
| |