Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Unsung hero's 17:04 - Jan 29 with 2440 viewskirbys

Performances to savour were in abundance yesterday. But take a second to mention two unsung hero's.
Stephen Darby, has had to fight hard to leep his place in a struggling defence. he really worked hard yesterday showing pace and controlled agression to contain the right wing threat of Bury. He even won some headers that he had no right to win, very pleased for him yesterday.
Another come gooder was BBM. Now he is never going to be spotlands hard man, but he won plenty of tough challenges yesterday, wanted the ball in the middle as much as Jonah and JK and passed very well all afternoon.

Just two players who played exceptionally well yesterday great to see and so happy for them.
Unsung hero's on 17:06 - Jan 29 with 2417 viewsSkiptonDale

I thought Barry-Murphy was excellent yesterday. I love how calm and composed he is on the ball, he rarely misplaces a pass. Hope to see him in the team more, and could well be as I heard Coleman favours a 4-2-3-1 formation with two holding midfielders (JK and BBM), and Jones looked to thrive at getting further up the pitch. Up the Dale!
Unsung hero's on 17:07 - Jan 29 with 2405 viewsTomRAFC

since he has come here bbm seems to be a real managers favourite

his lack of pace and strength can often make him look a little daft but at this level he is still an excellent passer of the ball with quality vision

he is no paul simpson as a player but he harbours simular strengths and weaknesses

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Unsung hero's on 17:15 - Jan 29 with 2370 viewsSalwaDale

BBMs ball retention was absolutely superb yesterday and the pass for the second goal was sublime.

As for Darby, very solid but was probably our worst player yesterday due to the fact that bury never really got the ball into his area of the pitch. Easy day at the office for him but everything he had to do he did well.

TBBT

Unsung hero's on 17:30 - Jan 29 with 2325 viewsmacro

bum works tirelessly and fits in well to JC's 4231 system
Unsung hero's on 21:10 - Jan 29 with 2137 viewsBigKindo

Unsung hero's on 17:30 - Jan 29 by macro

bum works tirelessly and fits in well to JC's 4231 system

What about the rest of your body?
Unsung hero's on 22:39 - Jan 29 with 2091 viewsdalenumber2

Joe Widdowson has tweeted
"Got to say that's the most enjoyable game of football I've played for a while! Played some great stuff and got a much needed win! "
also says how much he appreciated the tremendous support from the Dale fans. Let's try to keep it going for the team.
Unsung hero's on 22:46 - Jan 29 with 2077 viewsR17ALE

Unsung hero's on 22:39 - Jan 29 by dalenumber2

Joe Widdowson has tweeted
"Got to say that's the most enjoyable game of football I've played for a while! Played some great stuff and got a much needed win! "
also says how much he appreciated the tremendous support from the Dale fans. Let's try to keep it going for the team.

That speaks volumes DN2.

And we're in this together. I'm not going to Charlton, but it is vital that us Daleys get behind the lads at home.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Unsung hero's on 08:32 - Jan 30 with 1942 views1907

BBM's pass through to Adams for that second goal was David Silvaesque. Actual replica of the ball he turned and hit on the half volley to put Dzeko through at Old Trafford
Login to get fewer ads

Unsung hero's on 10:42 - Jan 30 with 1819 viewsbamford_dale

I've been a fan of Darby from the start. He went off the boil in the middle of autumn and it is a credit to him that he has fought his way back in.

He's never going to be as dangerous going forward as Wiseman but he brings some very impressive attributes to the game.

For me his positioning for aerial balls is almost perfect each time. For a short guy he gets up well and judges the flight of the ball perfectly. From where I stand in the Sandy he's often right in front of me and he reads the game very well.

When he does make a mistake or gets caught out he puts the effort in to get back and recover.

I think MoM could have gone to about 5 or 6 players on Saturday. I really like the look of the back 4 from Saturday.
Unsung hero's on 12:15 - Jan 30 with 1750 viewsbuckbyname

Unsung hero's on 10:42 - Jan 30 by bamford_dale

I've been a fan of Darby from the start. He went off the boil in the middle of autumn and it is a credit to him that he has fought his way back in.

He's never going to be as dangerous going forward as Wiseman but he brings some very impressive attributes to the game.

For me his positioning for aerial balls is almost perfect each time. For a short guy he gets up well and judges the flight of the ball perfectly. From where I stand in the Sandy he's often right in front of me and he reads the game very well.

When he does make a mistake or gets caught out he puts the effort in to get back and recover.

I think MoM could have gone to about 5 or 6 players on Saturday. I really like the look of the back 4 from Saturday.

Same players, different team. As my mate said afterwards "better than a blood transfusion"

Contrary to one post I thought Darby played well under some pressure, most teams target him for spells and Bury certainly did. With the possible exception of Long (case unproven) Darby is the best tackler in the team.

I thought our weakest link was Amankwaah, who does not yet inspire confidence. But any defence looks a lot more solid when there are goals being scored at the other end. However, hats off to the whole team including the new Management
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024