Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fantastic match 17:18 - Mar 3 with 2679 viewsShun

Great entertainment today, I still have a smile on my face despite it feeling like 2 points lost. Both sides had numerous chances and it could've quite easily ended up 3-3.

Played very well. Special mentions for JK, Long, and Holden. Thompson was good too. We looked SO much better when JLAA came on. He provides some spark and creativity and simply has to start every game now.
Fantastic match on 17:31 - Mar 3 with 2042 viewsolympicdale

JLAA HAS to start now, the team got an obvious lift when he came on, up front with Grimes and Tutte on the wing, and Symes sent straight back to Bournemouth.

Life is a game of fate.

Fantastic match on 17:32 - Mar 3 with 2034 viewsrich_dale

Think Grimes has to be more involved now - despite not sharing JLAA's work ethic, he's a natural finisher. We need goals. Tutte's drive too must be used more in games.
Fantastic match on 17:36 - Mar 3 with 1992 viewsYouTubeDale

Yes, well put. Lucas had a good game also - except for some of his distribution. Adams still not good with his free kicks. That penalty miss by Jonah could mean the difference between staying up and going down.
Overall, a great game to watch and Dale played very well. It's that kind of performance that still gives us hope.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Fantastic match on 17:44 - Mar 3 with 1942 viewsMoonyDale

Fantastic match on 17:36 - Mar 3 by YouTubeDale

Yes, well put. Lucas had a good game also - except for some of his distribution. Adams still not good with his free kicks. That penalty miss by Jonah could mean the difference between staying up and going down.
Overall, a great game to watch and Dale played very well. It's that kind of performance that still gives us hope.

That's a tad harsh on Jonah, he owes this club nothing in terms of penalties and it was only a matter of time before one went astray, just unlucky it was today....Thought we were much the better side second half and in the end the Wendies were fortunate to get a point, we are still in the mix with a shout so no negativity here......

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Fantastic match on 17:44 - Mar 3 with 1938 viewsjustanillusion

anyone from the sandy confirm how clear cut our penalty was?
...thought Wednesday had a good shout for a pen last minute when Darby seemed to wrestle Lowe off the ball
Fantastic match on 17:48 - Mar 3 with 1909 viewsMoonyDale

Fantastic match on 17:44 - Mar 3 by justanillusion

...thought Wednesday had a good shout for a pen last minute when Darby seemed to wrestle Lowe off the ball

Def a penalty, as clear cut as you can get from my view in the sandy.....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Fantastic match on 17:54 - Mar 3 with 1845 viewsashes

Performance like that shows that any of our remaining games are winnable.
Fantastic match on 18:02 - Mar 3 with 1780 viewsD_Alien

Second half was much better than the first, the one highlight from the first 45 minutes being a decent showing from JT

Can't understand why some people were posting before the game about "not looking forward to it" - ffs, this is why we're in League One, to be competing against teams with much greater income than ours in front of 5000+ crowds - how can you not enjoy it, whilst we still have it?

And compete we did. No complaints about Jonah missing the pen, but we took the game to them after JLAA came on and would have deserved the 3 pts. On this showing, I'm still optimistic we can survive but we needs some 3pt-ers now just to keep us in touch.

Impressed with Holden again, and it goes without saying that Kevin Long was a deserved MoM, the best player on the park today for me

I reckon Coleman got it right today, especially with the early substitution. Roll on Carlisle and another chance for the first of at least 5 more wins that we need

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Fantastic match on 18:03 - Mar 3 with 1768 viewsG_Dale

Thought JT was better than normal but wasn't anything to shout about. I hope tutte gets his chance soon

Poll: Dale player. Do you use it?

Fantastic match on 18:04 - Mar 3 with 1763 viewsolympicdale

Fantastic match on 17:54 - Mar 3 by ashes

Performance like that shows that any of our remaining games are winnable.

toughest game we have now is H'field away, the performance from when JL came on gives me hope.

Life is a game of fate.

Fantastic match on 18:09 - Mar 3 with 1724 viewsmaybee

Fantastic match on 18:02 - Mar 3 by D_Alien

Second half was much better than the first, the one highlight from the first 45 minutes being a decent showing from JT

Can't understand why some people were posting before the game about "not looking forward to it" - ffs, this is why we're in League One, to be competing against teams with much greater income than ours in front of 5000+ crowds - how can you not enjoy it, whilst we still have it?

And compete we did. No complaints about Jonah missing the pen, but we took the game to them after JLAA came on and would have deserved the 3 pts. On this showing, I'm still optimistic we can survive but we needs some 3pt-ers now just to keep us in touch.

Impressed with Holden again, and it goes without saying that Kevin Long was a deserved MoM, the best player on the park today for me

I reckon Coleman got it right today, especially with the early substitution. Roll on Carlisle and another chance for the first of at least 5 more wins that we need

Can't argue with that.... Long was the best player on the pitch by some distance and JLAA worried the heck out of them when he was introduced..

My only criticism was that the Dale crowd was so very poor both in numbers and volume. Shame on those who couldn't be bothered cheering the lads on today.

I'd have taken a point before the game, and again at half time, but throughout the second half, we looked the better team, and in the end were probably deserving of all three points. I can't remember them having many efforts on target in the second half, despite them being much taller than us throughout.

Still hopeful that we can muster enough points to survive...but if we don't, then I think we can mount a reasonable challenge to get back up if we invest in a goalscorer.
Fantastic match on 18:31 - Mar 3 with 1630 views442Dale

Fantastic match on 17:44 - Mar 3 by MoonyDale

That's a tad harsh on Jonah, he owes this club nothing in terms of penalties and it was only a matter of time before one went astray, just unlucky it was today....Thought we were much the better side second half and in the end the Wendies were fortunate to get a point, we are still in the mix with a shout so no negativity here......

Two misses out of three now, give the job to a striker now. Symes initially.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Fantastic match on 18:40 - Mar 3 with 1564 viewsD_Alien

Fantastic match on 18:31 - Mar 3 by 442Dale

I'd go along with that

If we get another "pressure" penalty late in any of the remaining games, I don't think Jonah will be able to live with himself if another miss costs us points. I don't actually look at it like that - because the overall performance and efforts on goal is what determines our overall points total - but he might see it differently

It's all about bottle, and Jonah's got that in spades, but maybe it just needs someone with a cool head and less pressure on his shoulders to step up from now on

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Fantastic match on 18:43 - Mar 3 with 1552 viewsSalwaDale

Fantastic match on 18:31 - Mar 3 by 442Dale

His penalty record is pretty good but another miss soon would have to see a change.

As it looks like we're unlikely to set our team up around Grimes it could well be time to move him on to bring someone else in.

Personally I'd give him one more go at it, playing in the current Jones role with Jones and JK as the two main midfielders. I do think we set the team up around Grimes or get rid.

TBBT

Fantastic match on 18:43 - Mar 3 with 1550 viewsFrog

Fantastic match on 18:40 - Mar 3 by D_Alien

I'd go along with that

If we get another "pressure" penalty late in any of the remaining games, I don't think Jonah will be able to live with himself if another miss costs us points. I don't actually look at it like that - because the overall performance and efforts on goal is what determines our overall points total - but he might see it differently

It's all about bottle, and Jonah's got that in spades, but maybe it just needs someone with a cool head and less pressure on his shoulders to step up from now on

I'll do it
Fantastic match on 18:43 - Mar 3 with 1542 viewsfrenzied

Tremendous work by all concerned today,Long outstanding ,joe w had his work cut out against their winger who thankfully wasted numerous crossing opportunities....i heard Dave Jones on the radio praising the comittment of the Weds players but hit the nail on the head when he spoke of them needing much more guille..too much long ball by them ,however some of our play in the second half thro midfield was terrific..Kennedy was the star for me
Fantastic match on 18:46 - Mar 3 with 1517 viewsseasidedale

Fantastic match on 17:48 - Mar 3 by MoonyDale

Def a penalty, as clear cut as you can get from my view in the sandy.....

From my view in Tns stand or whatever its called, no way a penalty more lowe fouling darby than otherway, good refereeing today
Fantastic match on 19:04 - Mar 3 with 1449 viewsolympicdale

Fantastic match on 17:44 - Mar 3 by justanillusion

that was never a penalty, just Lowe having another stroppy fit like he always does.

Life is a game of fate.

Fantastic match on 19:45 - Mar 3 with 1323 viewsColDale

taken in isolation, I'd have been made up with today's game. Like with last weekend's game with Colchester, we have proven that we are a decent League One side and for me that is unarguable. Had the season started today, I'd have been filled with confidence for the season ahead.

My only worry is like last weekend, we have had a game where we've been on top and looked far more likely to win than lose, and yet we've come away with just a point. In terms of survival, I don't think today was enough. In terms of having a side play with pride and effort, it was more than good enough.
Fantastic match on 20:51 - Mar 3 with 1171 viewsSalwaDale

Fantastic match on 19:45 - Mar 3 by ColDale

taken in isolation, I'd have been made up with today's game. Like with last weekend's game with Colchester, we have proven that we are a decent League One side and for me that is unarguable. Had the season started today, I'd have been filled with confidence for the season ahead.

My only worry is like last weekend, we have had a game where we've been on top and looked far more likely to win than lose, and yet we've come away with just a point. In terms of survival, I don't think today was enough. In terms of having a side play with pride and effort, it was more than good enough.

Spot on. Today would normally be good enough but not in the position we are in. It kind of does hurt more when the players are trying.

TBBT

Fantastic match on 21:05 - Mar 3 with 1133 viewskirbys

It was a good match with the first half start showing Dale could handle them but Wednesday coming stronger and stronger- I was relieved to see us go in equal.
Second half Dale grew in confidence and for a great part took the game to them with their passing play - something Wednesday could not do or come near to matching relying on fast breaks from Michail Antonio who gave Joe a torrid time or lumps to COG who slowly but surely became less and less involved.
As Wednesday tried to compete with Hornets for conversions into the stands I felt proud and happy to be watching Dale today and thankful, despite their lofty position that I was not watching their unattractive style of play week in week out.
As said elsewhere in this thread - if we go down, I will miss this exciting entertainment next season.
Fantastic match on 21:07 - Mar 3 with 1123 viewsChaffRAFC

I left the ground today gutted that we'd not picked up three points because we deserved to. Performances are not going to keep us up, it's down to results and today, we had a superb performance but the result was lacking.

Kevin Long, Jason Kennedy and Brian Barry-Murphy were magnificent today. I didn't notice Chris O'Grady whatsoever in the second half. Long was simply brilliant today.

Unfortunately, I think Gary Jones was a passenger all game today and didn't fancy his penalty going in at all when I'm normally so confident. He looked like a very tired individual today. We needed Tutte on earlier to give us a bit of energy.

Joe Widdowson didn't have a great game defensively and was run ragged by their right winger, first half especially.

If we play like we did today for the remainder of the season, maybe we can pick up some wins. We need a monumental effort from every single player now. Is it beyond us? Very possibly.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Fantastic match on 21:27 - Mar 3 with 1059 viewsBartRowou

Fantastic match on 21:07 - Mar 3 by ChaffRAFC

I left the ground today gutted that we'd not picked up three points because we deserved to. Performances are not going to keep us up, it's down to results and today, we had a superb performance but the result was lacking.

Kevin Long, Jason Kennedy and Brian Barry-Murphy were magnificent today. I didn't notice Chris O'Grady whatsoever in the second half. Long was simply brilliant today.

Unfortunately, I think Gary Jones was a passenger all game today and didn't fancy his penalty going in at all when I'm normally so confident. He looked like a very tired individual today. We needed Tutte on earlier to give us a bit of energy.

Joe Widdowson didn't have a great game defensively and was run ragged by their right winger, first half especially.

If we play like we did today for the remainder of the season, maybe we can pick up some wins. We need a monumental effort from every single player now. Is it beyond us? Very possibly.

BBM and Kennedy's form recently would allow for Tutte to come in and show what he can do. However, Jones will play every minute of every match this season. It's written in the stars (or in his contract).

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Fantastic match on 21:58 - Mar 3 with 995 viewsofficialdale

I came away from today's game so bloody sour faced. But for all the right reasons. From kick off it was noticeable the lads had their heads screwed on, and it payed off throughout. Like others have said, we could of easily took the 3 but also, so could of Wendies, so a point was fair I think.

The biggest positive to take from today is the fact that we are showing that we aren't going with a whimper and if we continue playing like we are, then things will happen for us. We have the back four sorted, midfield sorted but now there is just that missing piece up top. Hopefully, JLAA will be the man as he certainly changed the way we went forward when he appeared. Wouldn't mind seeing himself, Grimes up there. But also like to see Tutte given more time on the field. Once again Jones ran his heart out, and felt for him after that penalty miss. He'll only bounce back.

Well done lads.
Fantastic match on 22:02 - Mar 3 with 982 viewsBlenkinsop

I thought the match was pretty poor really. We came needing a win and it started to look likel towards the end of the first half with Antonio begining to get the better of your left back. In the second half we played longer and longer balls that went awry and Dale established themselves as the stronger, more purposeful side. I thought the pen was debateable but I need a second look, my relief whn your boy hit the post. Thought we ay have had a shout as time ran out.
By far the best entertainment of the day was the kids yellows v Blues where the Yellows nicked it against the run of play.

Best news of the day was that Oldham came back from 2 down to dump the Blades in injury time and just to put the icing on the cake Kuqi got the injury time winner.

Your Police, Stewards & Chippy were first class. Hope you get the requisite number of points needed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024