Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I am not one who usually believes in fate or luck but... 11:47 - Mar 12 with 2831 viewsFerdy

It has almost seemed inevitable that we are going down for quite some time now.

I finally realised that we are surely down after the Fulham game when I felt that on any other day we would have snatched a draw. Defeats are much easier to accept when you concede that relegation is inevitable.

The really frustrating thing is that we have not really been totally outplayed and beaten convincingly by any one other than united and spurs.

We seem to have more shots and create more chances than our opponents yet have not picked up anywhere near enough points since November.

We seem to hit the post at least once a match and not to mention being on the end of some poor refereeing decisions.

It is true that our predicament can not solely be based on bad luck, however just as last season we seemed to catch some lucky breaks throughout the season promotion therefore seemed nailed on pretty much all season, we have not really had any games where I thought we were really fortunate to win or get a point (perhaps Chelsea is an exception).

I wonder if the club have privately already started planning for next season in the championship. It would be great if we bounced straight back next season and finally got to have a proper promotion celebration.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Warnock's Leeds team pass us on the way down just to rub salt into our wounds.
I am not one who usually believes in fate or luck but... on 12:01 - Mar 12 with 2813 viewscoolranger

I am sure there must be some serious planning going on now, if not prior to the Bolton game, re our return to the Championship. Most clubs have 3 business plans covering best and worst case scenarios plus an 'as before' plan.

I honestly think it would be extraordinary if Rangers somehow manage to survive now after so so so so many disappointments this season, and especially lately against some poor fellow strugglers.

The recent defeats in our run of winnable games has killed it for me. I'm just going to enjoy what I can from the last ten games, and have already begun the mental process of trying to work out where we might be come August in terms of bouncing back strongly from the crushing disappointments of this season.
I am not one who usually believes in fate or luck but... on 12:23 - Mar 12 with 2790 viewsimustbemad

We have had the look/feel of relegation candidates for some time now. Far too many defeats to teams in and around us..blackburn, wolves,bolton.

We have so many players out of contract that we really need a plan to rebuild and push for promotion next season. I looked at the football league show on Saturday aftr MOTD and depressed me even more...Doncaster,Barnsley,M'Boro Millwall etc...Dog of a league to get out of with a half decent side. Be very interested to know who will stick around next year and who the club wants to stick around. Money has never been an issue with these and the most recent owners but their nerve will be tested next year with the amount of money some of our players are earning irresepctive of the parachute payments.

I also believe we are very lucky to have Amit at the table even if TF gets itchy feet. If we do go down we will need a fast start and a bloody decent plan both on and off the pitch to give us the best hope of bouncing back otherwise it may be several years before we make a EPL return.
I am not one who usually believes in fate or luck but... on 12:27 - Mar 12 with 2778 viewswestolian

In answer to the OP, you seem to have mentioned everything apart from the fact we have been shite defensively and concede more goals than we score.

That, generally, will get you relegated !

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

I am not one who usually believes in fate or luck but... on 12:30 - Mar 12 with 2774 viewsFerdy

I am not one who usually believes in fate or luck but... on 12:27 - Mar 12 by westolian

In answer to the OP, you seem to have mentioned everything apart from the fact we have been shite defensively and concede more goals than we score.

That, generally, will get you relegated !

Yes that certainly doesn't help matters.
I am not one who usually believes in fate or luck but... on 18:20 - Mar 12 with 2698 viewsW7Ranger

Were we not outplayed by Bolton at home and Fulham away, Arsenal away, Liverpool away as well?

I agree we there has been very little if anything that has gone our way. Maybe we used up all our good fortune in just one game.....Chelsea!

Worth it though....
I am not one who usually believes in fate or luck but... on 18:33 - Mar 12 with 2677 viewskomradkirk

not a big believer in luck myself,but i said last week"if luck exists where the fcuk is our share?"
I am not one who usually believes in fate or luck but... on 02:03 - Mar 13 with 2610 viewsCanadaRanger

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024