Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ferdinand. 14:19 - Jun 7 with 2761 viewsSyke_Dale

Anyone else sick of hearing about Ferdinand.

So whether it's coming from RF, his agent or apologists in the media, your England career is over, get over it. Hodgson is hopefully looking and planning for the future, not trying to accommodate a 34 year old 'sick note'......

England have somewhere between zero to no chance of winning Euro 2012 if Ferdinand is there or not. And, after all, what as his so called 'experience' at international level amounted to - errr, nothing.

So if winning sweet f.a. with England is your plan then Ferdinand's your man, ALONG with the so called 'old guard'. It's the future not the past we should be looking at, irregardless of whether they win or not it's time to bring in the younger and or untried players.....

Ferdinand. on 14:29 - Jun 7 with 2741 viewselectricblue

Its all sour grapes by RF, the guy cant be just happy for the other players qho made the England squad.
It takes a big man to say come on lads give your best as you know that you can do it...
But oh no he has to come across all negative, typical red...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Ferdinand. on 14:41 - Jun 7 with 2727 viewsSuddenLad

Ferdinand. on 14:29 - Jun 7 by electricblue

Its all sour grapes by RF, the guy cant be just happy for the other players qho made the England squad.
It takes a big man to say come on lads give your best as you know that you can do it...

Well, he has had a good role model in Old Blue Nose at Old Trafford. The slightest criticism or negative comment about ANYTHING and all the gobs go into top gear.

It won't adversely affect England's' chances if Ferdinand is watching in the pub. At least he won't be having momentary lapses of concentration on the pitch.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Ferdinand. on 14:59 - Jun 7 with 2699 viewsMIlnrowdale

although a little unfair if it is to do with the Anton/Terry fiasco as to why he hasnt been picked, i personally wouldnt have picked either Ferdinand or Terry.

whether they both played or neither played i couldnt see us winning it so why not give the younger generation at least 3 games in a big tournament atmosphere where it might just stand them in good stead for the WC qualifiers and the WC itself
Ferdinand. on 16:03 - Jun 7 with 2638 viewsolympicdale

its just like what happened at Chelsea under AVB, clearing out the so called old guard and replacing them with younger players, natural course of progression that needs to happen, the Chelsea players didnt like it then, and Ferdinand is doing the same now, not wanting to let go.

Life is a game of fate.

Ferdinand. on 17:19 - Jun 7 with 2592 views442Dale

Hasn't he made it clear on twitter how much he is behind the team?

The issue here is how the decision was reached, not what the decision was. Rio Ferdinand is a better defender at international level than John Terry.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Ferdinand. on 17:40 - Jun 7 with 2571 viewsColDale

what surprises me with this is Gary Neville's role. Watching the England game on Saturday, it almost seemed like his influence is growing by the day (and Stuart Pearce must feel a bit pushed out) and if he has had any say, you'd assume that he'd have been able to push Rio's case.
Ferdinand. on 17:51 - Jun 7 with 2561 viewsBartRowou

Ferdinand. on 17:40 - Jun 7 by ColDale

what surprises me with this is Gary Neville's role. Watching the England game on Saturday, it almost seemed like his influence is growing by the day (and Stuart Pearce must feel a bit pushed out) and if he has had any say, you'd assume that he'd have been able to push Rio's case.

I reckon Roy's making a point to Red Nev that he's not going to have it all his own way, hence Ferdinand being overlooked.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Ferdinand. on 18:12 - Jun 7 with 2525 views442Dale

Ferdinand. on 17:51 - Jun 7 by BartRowou

I reckon Roy's making a point to Red Nev that he's not going to have it all his own way, hence Ferdinand being overlooked.

Neville will be England manager by the 2018 World Cup.

Pearce must have loved being sent to Spotland instead of being around the senior side. He should count himself lucky he's going to get the Team GB gig; shouldn't be allowed anywhere near deciding tactics/picking a side.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Ferdinand. on 20:00 - Jun 7 with 2467 viewsShun

Ferdinand. on 14:29 - Jun 7 by electricblue

Did you just make all that up? He *has* given the rest of the players his full backing on numerous occasions, much more times than he's 'moaned' about his unjust fate.

And as for the 'sick note' comment in the OP, say wha? He's played 38 games this past season. That's 10 more than, erm, England's captain.

I have no problem with going with youth. But in that case picking John Terry seems an even bigger aberration than ever.
Ferdinand. on 20:19 - Jun 7 with 2445 viewsdavidab2202

Hodgson couldn't win with this one no matter which way he had jumped.Had he left both out,he would have still been accused of leaving Ferdinand out for non footballing reasons,whilst he would have also have to answer the question as to whether he was pre-judging an up coming court case.
The finger for this whole mess should be pointed in the direction of Chelsea for manipulating the date for the court hearing so that it took place during the close season.This could still backfire if Terry is found guilty,surely bearing in mind the Suarez/Evra punishment Terry could be banned for considerably longer in my book.
Ferdinand. on 00:19 - Jun 8 with 2367 viewsRoChDaLe

1.hes 33 not 34
2.hes a class defender whos lost a little bit of pace that is all.. but a defender who can read the game well doesn't need a lot of pace and i believe ferdinand reads the game exceptionally well.
3.the whole bullsh@t about football reasons why hes not in the squad should of never been said it was clear from the start it was to do with terry!
4.also heard hes signing for rochdale

how is anthony elding still in league one?

Ferdinand. on 12:08 - Jun 8 with 2302 viewsChaffRAFC

Ferdinand. on 20:00 - Jun 7 by Shun

Did you just make all that up? He *has* given the rest of the players his full backing on numerous occasions, much more times than he's 'moaned' about his unjust fate.

And as for the 'sick note' comment in the OP, say wha? He's played 38 games this past season. That's 10 more than, erm, England's captain.

I have no problem with going with youth. But in that case picking John Terry seems an even bigger aberration than ever.

Spot on young man.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Ferdinand. on 14:23 - Jun 8 with 2243 viewsSalwaDale

Of course it was a 'footballing reason'. What other reasons are there. 'Football reasons' don't just mean that he isn't as good as the other players. Wrong decision in my opinion as I would have taken him above Terry but if he Hodgson thinks it will bring any tension into the camp then that is a football reason.

Personally think Ferdinand has handled it all very well and only really mad one comment 'what reasons??!!'.

TBBT

Ferdinand. on 15:30 - Jun 8 with 2226 viewsColDale

the big winner in all of this is United. Had Ferdinand gone to Euro 2012, then you could write off much of next season for him as it wouldn't have allowed him the recuperation he requires after what was a busy season for him. Maybe Ferguson hatched the plot from the start.
Ferdinand. on 16:43 - Jun 8 with 2193 viewsregjenkins

yeah I am.

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024