Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The term "Plastic" fan 12:22 - Feb 10 with 1045 viewsscottishjack

I witnessed first hand yesterday, the magic of our football club. One of my mates at the very last minute was called out to work, so he gave his ticket to a lad in the pub who had never been to a Swans match in his life, (better that it was used instead of going to waste for the day.)

90 minutes later, you couldn't shut him up, the Swans this, the Swans that... I had to listen to it all night as I was behind the bar, but you know what, it made me laugh as he was telling everyone about the game, giving them his own running commentary when match of the day came on, nearly boring half the pub to death, but it did put a smile on my face, and reminded me, we've all got to start somewhere.
The term "Plastic" fan on 12:27 - Feb 10 with 1043 viewsPlasticman

That game was prob also one of the better proponents for the club.

I can't imagine the 0-0 against everton would have had quite the same effect, even though that result was a good one too.

Plastic since 2012

The term "Plastic" fan on 13:31 - Feb 10 with 1026 viewsscottishjack

The term "Plastic" fan on 12:27 - Feb 10 by Plasticman

That game was prob also one of the better proponents for the club.

I can't imagine the 0-0 against everton would have had quite the same effect, even though that result was a good one too.

Oh, I don't know, my first Swans match way back when, we got beat 5-1? There was just something about going to the football that had me hooked from the very beginning. I think the next match I saw was a 0-0 draw that just about saw us relegated but I was hooked.

That 5-1 result was a friendly against Man United mind, I can't remember if it was me or my old man who would've been classed as the plastic fan as football was fairly alien to me at the time.
The term "Plastic" fan on 19:00 - Feb 10 with 970 viewsJrod

The term "Plastic" fan on 13:31 - Feb 10 by scottishjack

Oh, I don't know, my first Swans match way back when, we got beat 5-1? There was just something about going to the football that had me hooked from the very beginning. I think the next match I saw was a 0-0 draw that just about saw us relegated but I was hooked.

That 5-1 result was a friendly against Man United mind, I can't remember if it was me or my old man who would've been classed as the plastic fan as football was fairly alien to me at the time.

The first game I went to was 0-0 against hull down the Vetch, and that got me hooked!

2013 League Cup Champions

The term "Plastic" fan on 19:42 - Feb 10 with 963 viewsGrandPrix

The term "Plastic" fan on 19:00 - Feb 10 by Jrod

The first game I went to was 0-0 against hull down the Vetch, and that got me hooked!

First one for me was Reading home in 1991...we lost 2-1, I was 11 and went on the pitch half time for my clubs penalty shoot competition...in the proper goals, not thrown to the side like they are today.

I was in goal and we lost...I then became a left back

Shame the club does not invite local clubs along to play on the pitch at half time like they use to...the Ospreys do though so glad my youngest plays both sports......

Good times become good memories......bad times become lessons

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024