Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best Pundit? 11:22 - Aug 14 with 4992 viewsshandyjack

Ahead of the new season who do you think is the best Pundit and worst pundit the channels have out there at the moment. Unfortunately the good ones are overshadowed by the bad one.

Sky do seem to have the best collective.

The best i think is Gary Neville
The worst i think is Garth Crooks

Poll: Expectation for the season

Best Pundit? on 11:30 - Aug 14 with 4965 viewsTheClash

I like Jamie Redknapp after predicting us outside bet for top four finish, however Darren is a fantastic pudit but Raynor 94 is the worst.

The Future is tomorrow's today!

Best Pundit? on 11:55 - Aug 14 with 4913 viewsJackSomething

The best are generally to be found on Sky. Neville, Gullit and Souness are all capable of insightful punditry. Lee Dixon is alright and Roy Keane can sometimes manage something decent.

I've posted elsewhere that I have some hope for David James, Owen Hargreaves and Steve McManaman on BT Sport.

The bad ones are legion: Savage, Shearer, Lawrenson, Redknapp, Southgate, Claridge, Crooks, Dublin.

The absolute nadir of punditry is Andy 'If anything, he's hit that TOO well' Townsend.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Best Pundit? on 11:59 - Aug 14 with 4902 viewslandorejack

Always hated Neville when he was playing but now I think he is the best pundit . Totally agree crooks is a complete tool . shearer has to be the most boring man on tv
Best Pundit? on 12:12 - Aug 14 with 4879 viewsepaul

and don't forget the biggest f*cking c untpipe of the lot

Merson

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Best Pundit? on 12:31 - Aug 14 with 4852 viewsshandyjack

Best Pundit? on 12:12 - Aug 14 by epaul

and don't forget the biggest f*cking c untpipe of the lot

Merson

i don't actually mind Merson to be fair EPaul, very arsenal biased but apart form that seems on a par with le tiss, Thommo talks sense when he isn't talking about Diverfool

Best Pundit? on 20:36 - Aug 14 with 4674 viewsborinifanclub

What about the radio......on radio wales (which I listen to at the matches) Ian Walsh is a swans fan but honest in his comments...meanwhile we call an ex everton and wales fulback bluenose because of his biased comments....he almost chokes if he has to say we did well

Every day I thank the good Lord for the blessings he gives me. Every new day gives me a new opportunity to laugh at the red chumps up the road.

Best Pundit? on 20:42 - Aug 14 with 4656 viewsswanjackal

Best Pundit? on 20:36 - Aug 14 by borinifanclub

What about the radio......on radio wales (which I listen to at the matches) Ian Walsh is a swans fan but honest in his comments...meanwhile we call an ex everton and wales fulback bluenose because of his biased comments....he almost chokes if he has to say we did well

I actually like Crooks, not because he is a good analyst, not because of his in depth knowledge. No, he wins for his comical value, albeit not intentionally.

Not looking forward to Jamie Carragher though, hate his voice.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Best Pundit? on 21:22 - Aug 14 with 4629 viewsMJR

savage by far the worst, no insightful analysis. just states the obvious
Login to get fewer ads

Best Pundit? on 21:23 - Aug 14 with 4626 viewsstevethejack

Best - Gary Neville (excellent and a pleasure to listed to)

Worst - Barry Horne (knob jockey)
Best Pundit? on 12:17 - Aug 15 with 4486 viewsFergal

Jimmy Armfield is still great on the radio.
Best Pundit? on 12:28 - Aug 15 with 4479 viewsJonezy

Best: Clarke Carlisle was actually quite good as co-commentator for our first leg win over Malmo. Neville is excellent as a pundit, not so much as co-commentator...'Torres...Oh my wooooooorrrrrrrrrdddddddd!!'

For me Souness is the boss. Not afraid to tell it how it is, doesn't rely on obvious cliche's and he's been there and done it at highest level....unlike Andy Townsend, Southgate et al.

Worst has got to be Claridge, closely followed by Andy 'cliche' Gray! Absolutely hate them.

"Take my hand...."

Best Pundit? on 13:04 - Aug 15 with 4460 viewsshandyjack

i thought clarke carlise was dreadful for the Malmo away game. Also forgot about how bad Dwight Yorke is, i can never understand him

Best Pundit? on 13:32 - Aug 15 with 4450 viewsMagicDaps

Best Pundit? on 13:04 - Aug 15 by shandyjack

i thought clarke carlise was dreadful for the Malmo away game. Also forgot about how bad Dwight Yorke is, i can never understand him

Best: Gary Neville. Also like Peter Beagrie and Guillem Balague

Worst: It's a difficult one to choose from. Garth Crooks, Steve Claridge, Robbie Savage, Alan Shearer, Alan Hansen, Mark Lawrenson, Michael Owen, Gareth Southgate and Martin Keown.

Gareth Southgate wins it for me though, it's amazing how a player like him can have so little knowledge of the game and absolutely none outside of the top four teams in the league.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Best Pundit? on 15:25 - Aug 15 with 4423 viewsCooperman

Favourite: G Neville - well spoken, talks a lot of sense, doesnt sit on the fence, states what he believes in.

Those I cannot stand:
Lawrenson - nuff said
Strachan - tries to be funny but just isnt
Shearer - boring
Keane - arrogant and always looks as if he doesnt want to be there

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Best Pundit? on 15:26 - Aug 15 with 4423 viewsJonezy

Best Pundit? on 13:04 - Aug 15 by shandyjack

Unfortunately I didn't catch his second leg performance.

I had to go to bloody Malmo didn't I!

"Take my hand...."

Best Pundit? on 15:28 - Aug 15 with 4418 viewsshandyjack

Best Pundit? on 15:26 - Aug 15 by Jonezy

Unfortunately I didn't catch his second leg performance.

I had to go to bloody Malmo didn't I!

i wish i could of gone, not enough holidays left to take lol saving them for the ko phase

Best Pundit? on 15:35 - Aug 15 with 4408 viewsJonezy

Best Pundit? on 15:28 - Aug 15 by shandyjack

i wish i could of gone, not enough holidays left to take lol saving them for the ko phase

Great trip, despite 0-0.

I'm going to swerve Romania, pray we get through then try and do most of group games.

"Take my hand...."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024