Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Karl Henry 15:08 - Aug 24 with 3198 viewsQPR_Nippon

Best game in a hooped shirt by far today. Showed good reading of the game and did a great job for the most part sitting in front of the back four and breaking up Bolton's attacks . Not a flawless display - still prone to giving the ball away cheaply at times - but I think we saw today the qualities he was bought for.
Karl Henry on 15:09 - Aug 24 with 3188 viewsDieByYourSide

I don't think he was the only one guilty of being sloppy in possession at times, definitely a much improved performance from him.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Karl Henry on 15:13 - Aug 24 with 3176 viewsPommyhoop

Yep Ive slagged him off before but he was good today .Derry role well played..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Karl Henry on 15:16 - Aug 24 with 3148 viewsCHUBBS

For a player i just don't rate,i think he had his best game in our shirt.
Solid.
Karl Henry on 15:30 - Aug 24 with 3095 viewsEpsomRanger

Can't disagree - thought he was excellent today, his best game in the hoops shirt. I feel he's got better every game.
Karl Henry on 15:49 - Aug 24 with 3041 viewscheeseydane

Could be wrong but i think its because BW played narrow, so he was rarely called out to the sides and so stretched from position.

He had his zone and did what was necessary.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

Karl Henry on 16:02 - Aug 24 with 3013 viewskarlski

Karl Henry on 15:49 - Aug 24 by cheeseydane

Could be wrong but i think its because BW played narrow, so he was rarely called out to the sides and so stretched from position.

He had his zone and did what was necessary.

I think that's right.

Still, best game for us so far, always up for a tackle, didn't get caught out of position (very likely due to Bolton's narrow shape), used the ball efficiently if not creatively most of the time.

He's useful for that kind of scrap away from home. Would love to see Faurlin back in his place for LR though.
Karl Henry on 20:33 - Aug 24 with 2789 viewsNeil_SI

I thought he played well, but he actually came out of that "zone" quite a bit at times.

I preferred that he sat more deep in this one though, and Barton was a little further forward, as in some previous matches we seemed to be sharing the responsibility of whose job was to pick up the player in the hole.

That's best left to Henry in my opinion, and the one time they switched this around, was when Craig Davies almost scored. Henry pushed far up the pitch and pressed play with Barton behind him, and then the space in the hole opened up that Hall went into to find the through ball.

Henry's role gave us good shape when we were on the ball, and that balance allowed us to take advantage and overload the wide areas, especially with Danny Simpson in the first half, against their diamond formation.

He put in some really good tackles as well I thought, as did one or two others, with full commitment.
Karl Henry on 20:44 - Aug 24 with 2749 viewsYorkRanger

Was impressed with Henry today. Strong, disciplined and timed his tackles well
Login to get fewer ads

Karl Henry on 20:47 - Aug 24 with 2733 viewsFDC

Karl Henry on 20:44 - Aug 24 by YorkRanger

Was impressed with Henry today. Strong, disciplined and timed his tackles well

Yeah he put a couple in that needed to be and were well timed - the sort of thing I wouldn't always notice if he played for the opposition, but appreciate seeing when it's our player.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024