Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barton: 'I could have caused problems at QPR to seal Marseille move' 11:08 - Oct 3 with 7999 viewsJonDoeman

Joey Barton has claimed that he could have "caused problems" for Queens Park Rangers in a bid to push through a permanent move to Marseille.

The former Newcastle United midfielder has been open about his desire to return to the Ligue 1 outfit following a loan stint last season.

Despite wanting a permanent transfer, QPR demanded a fee for the midfielder, but Marseille were understood to have failed to meet their valuation.

"I am 31, I am not young, I have a certain salary and to pay a fee for an old guy like me, that is asking a lot," Barton told L'Equipe.

"I could have caused problems here at the club so they would let me go. I even think that would have worked, but I am not that kind of guy. I have never done that at a club in my career."

Barton has been praised for his performances in the Championship this season since returning to Loftus Road.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/qpr/news/barton-i-could-have-caused-problem

Respect Joe.....

It Is What It Is !!

Barton: 'I could have caused problems at QPR to seal Marseille move' on 11:33 - Oct 3 with 3559 viewssimmo

Fck off Joey. I could have caused problems blah blah... You COULD have chosen Champions League, top flight football in a part of the world you loved that 'loved you back'. All for a certain salary that I am sure you could afford to live on. Even half his current weekly salary is more than most make in a year, despite the tax situation in France.

You are here, you have and are being extremely well paid, you have got a reception and level of support on your return that you did not deserve and were given all of that by a club that gave you a juicy long term cntract when nobody else would. So it is not QPR that should be kissing your arse like you're returning saviour, grateful you didnt 'cause problems', you should be kissing ours.

I am pleased to see this Joey back, his performance levels and commitment have been a big plus so far, particularly his set pieces which have contributed to a lot of goals and points. I also appreciate this is a small quote no doubt taken from a lager piece and in context probably seems less self centred, but we are less than 10 games into a season and he has not built up enough credit in the bank for me to start wnking him off just yet.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Barton: 'I could have caused problems at QPR to seal Marseille move' on 11:41 - Oct 3 with 3532 viewsJonDoeman

Barton: 'I could have caused problems at QPR to seal Marseille move' on 11:33 - Oct 3 by simmo

Fck off Joey. I could have caused problems blah blah... You COULD have chosen Champions League, top flight football in a part of the world you loved that 'loved you back'. All for a certain salary that I am sure you could afford to live on. Even half his current weekly salary is more than most make in a year, despite the tax situation in France.

You are here, you have and are being extremely well paid, you have got a reception and level of support on your return that you did not deserve and were given all of that by a club that gave you a juicy long term cntract when nobody else would. So it is not QPR that should be kissing your arse like you're returning saviour, grateful you didnt 'cause problems', you should be kissing ours.

I am pleased to see this Joey back, his performance levels and commitment have been a big plus so far, particularly his set pieces which have contributed to a lot of goals and points. I also appreciate this is a small quote no doubt taken from a lager piece and in context probably seems less self centred, but we are less than 10 games into a season and he has not built up enough credit in the bank for me to start wnking him off just yet.

"Fck off Joey."??
"So you don't think the way he's conducted since he came back himself is worthy of respect?

I do , and what he says is fact.
He could have got himself fined & sent home at pre season , pretended he was injured & generally hissy fitted his way out of the club. Could've ended up at Fulham if he was lucky...!!

It Is What It Is !!

Barton: 'I could have caused problems at QPR to seal Marseille move' on 11:47 - Oct 3 with 3503 viewssimmo

Barton: 'I could have caused problems at QPR to seal Marseille move' on 11:41 - Oct 3 by JonDoeman

"Fck off Joey."??
"So you don't think the way he's conducted since he came back himself is worthy of respect?

He could have got himself fined & sent home at pre season , pretended he was injured & generally hissy fitted his way out of the club. Could've ended up at Fulham if he was lucky...!!

I completely agree that the way he has conducted himself since his return is spot on, and is exactly what you should expect given he is one of the highest earners at the club and in our history. In my opinion he owes us, not the other way around and I hope he continues to play and conduct himself like he has been so far because if he continues to I will be there singing his name with everybody else.

Personally I think if somebody would have been stupid enough to match the wages we pay him he would have gone, that was the main reason he didnt, not because he had an overwhlming desire to stay or put right the way he imploded or slagged our club and Championship status. Although like I said since he came back, I cant fault his application and performances and I hope they continue.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Barton: 'I could have caused problems at QPR to seal Marseille move' on 11:47 - Oct 3 with 3498 viewsDevonWhite

Barton: 'I could have caused problems at QPR to seal Marseille move' on 11:41 - Oct 3 by JonDoeman

"Fck off Joey."??

So we should be grateful he hasn't caused problems? F*ck me are expectations of footballers conduct so low we should be in raptures whenever a player isn't a total prick?
Barton: 'I could have caused problems at QPR to seal Marseille move' on 11:52 - Oct 3 with 3481 viewsingeminate

Barton: 'I could have caused problems at QPR to seal Marseille move' on 11:33 - Oct 3 by simmo

Bang on the money.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Barton: 'I could have caused problems at QPR to seal Marseille move' on 11:53 - Oct 3 with 3473 viewsPommyhoop

Barton: 'I could have caused problems at QPR to seal Marseille move' on 11:47 - Oct 3 by simmo

I completely agree that the way he has conducted himself since his return is spot on, and is exactly what you should expect given he is one of the highest earners at the club and in our history. In my opinion he owes us, not the other way around and I hope he continues to play and conduct himself like he has been so far because if he continues to I will be there singing his name with everybody else.

Personally I think if somebody would have been stupid enough to match the wages we pay him he would have gone, that was the main reason he didnt, not because he had an overwhlming desire to stay or put right the way he imploded or slagged our club and Championship status. Although like I said since he came back, I cant fault his application and performances and I hope they continue.

Totally agree with this. He himself has reguarly said he only came here for the money. He tried to big himself up to Everton.He wouldve ran up there barefoot if they had shown a sniff of interest.Only if they were to match his wages of course. He's done well so far .He's earnt his fat wage packet.He has'nt earned the right to make out we are lucky he stooped low enuff to stay with us.
Cheeky C@nt..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Barton: 'I could have caused problems at QPR to seal Marseille move' on 12:07 - Oct 3 with 3416 viewsQPRDave

I don't think there's any meed for Joey to come out with this and i don't understand why he has. ...I do think he would've got a move if he had caused problems behind the scenes as our departures this summer bear witness to this.
I just don't understand why he said this now? In answer to a question? Or is this lot just making this up? Who are sportsmole?
Barton: 'I could have caused problems at QPR to seal Marseille move' on 12:13 - Oct 3 with 3391 viewsRangersw12

Barton: 'I could have caused problems at QPR to seal Marseille move' on 12:07 - Oct 3 by QPRDave

I don't think there's any meed for Joey to come out with this and i don't understand why he has. ...I do think he would've got a move if he had caused problems behind the scenes as our departures this summer bear witness to this.
I just don't understand why he said this now? In answer to a question? Or is this lot just making this up? Who are sportsmole?

Because he is a tw@t and can't help himself
Login to get fewer ads

Barton: 'I could have caused problems at QPR to seal Marseille move' on 12:16 - Oct 3 with 3379 viewswood_hoop

fully agree....

Never understand why any club should be grateful for someone doing what they are employed to do, that is to do the best job you possibly can for the length of your contract, on any footballers passport I would imagine they have stated they are 'professional footballer/sportsman' in any other life a 'professional' is deemed as someone who has attained a proficent level of competence and is expected to act in a manner fitting to the profession they are representing.

It seems now the players are building the pedestals themselves.......
Barton: 'I could have caused problems at QPR to seal Marseille move' on 12:17 - Oct 3 with 3372 viewsJonDoeman

Barton: 'I could have caused problems at QPR to seal Marseille move' on 12:07 - Oct 3 by QPRDave

It's from L'Equipe & they probably asked why he was playing in a lower league with QPR. And he's given an honest answer. Can't see any reason for anyone to get their knickers in a twist.

It Is What It Is !!

Barton: 'I could have caused problems at QPR to seal Marseille move' on 12:20 - Oct 3 with 3354 viewsessextaxiboy

I think we all keep making the same mistake . We expect loyalty from the players and manager. They get it from us after all .

The best we can ask and fully expect is that while they are here they give everything in a proffessional manner . That is what I interpret Redknapps "right sort" comment as .

IMO Barton has done exactly that this season and has my full support . Redknapp has done the same . Is the pinnacle of their ambition Queens Park Rangers ? Of course not .

I dont believe much that I read in the press , much less from a french paper but I would say that I wouldnt fancy Joeys chances if he started to mess Jordan and Redknapp around .
Barton: 'I could have caused problems at QPR to seal Marseille move' on 12:20 - Oct 3 with 3353 viewsJonDoeman

Robbie Savage reveals footballers' tricks to engineer a transfer
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23703265

It Is What It Is !!

Barton: 'I could have caused problems at QPR to seal Marseille move' on 12:21 - Oct 3 with 3350 viewsisawqpratwcity

First rule of not letting Joey p*ss you off.

Ignore anything he say's, or is reported to say, or tweets.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Barton: 'I could have caused problems at QPR to seal Marseille move' on 12:22 - Oct 3 with 3342 viewsYorkRanger

To be honest I take his comments with a pinch of salt. He is what he is and will never change. However he has come back, quietened down and playing really well. I hope that continues
Barton: 'I could have caused problems at QPR to seal Marseille move' on 12:23 - Oct 3 with 3339 viewsJonDoeman

Barton: 'I could have caused problems at QPR to seal Marseille move' on 12:13 - Oct 3 by Rangersw12

Because he is a tw@t and can't help himself

Not having that, in this context. ... Joe manned up & did the right thing.
The tw@t is on the bench at Fulham
[Post edited 3 Oct 2013 12:44]

It Is What It Is !!

Barton: 'I could have caused problems at QPR to seal Marseille move' on 12:23 - Oct 3 with 3334 viewsPommyhoop

Barton: 'I could have caused problems at QPR to seal Marseille move' on 12:17 - Oct 3 by JonDoeman

It's from L'Equipe & they probably asked why he was playing in a lower league with QPR. And he's given an honest answer. Can't see any reason for anyone to get their knickers in a twist.

I cant see any reason for anyone to say RESPECT JOEY for saying it either.

He's basically done the same as Julio and stayed here for the money because no one will match his massive salary. It works both ways if someone,anyone had made an offer to take him off us and pay all his wages we wouldve grabbed their hands off.

Barton: 'I could have caused problems at QPR to seal Marseille move' on 12:24 - Oct 3 with 3335 viewsJonDoeman

Barton: 'I could have caused problems at QPR to seal Marseille move' on 12:20 - Oct 3 by essextaxiboy

I think we all keep making the same mistake . We expect loyalty from the players and manager. They get it from us after all .

The best we can ask and fully expect is that while they are here they give everything in a proffessional manner . That is what I interpret Redknapps "right sort" comment as .

IMO Barton has done exactly that this season and has my full support . Redknapp has done the same . Is the pinnacle of their ambition Queens Park Rangers ? Of course not .

I dont believe much that I read in the press , much less from a french paper but I would say that I wouldnt fancy Joeys chances if he started to mess Jordan and Redknapp around .

well said.

It Is What It Is !!

Barton: 'I could have caused problems at QPR to seal Marseille move' on 12:31 - Oct 3 with 3300 viewssmegma

"I don't think there's any meed for Joey to come out with this and i don't understand why he has."

Because hes a self centred egomaniac. Like the leaking of the story of his philosophy degree recently. He cant help himself and has to be the centre of attention.
Barton: 'I could have caused problems at QPR to seal Marseille move' on 12:48 - Oct 3 with 3237 viewsPommyhoop

"Fck off Joey."??

Yeah he could've 'hissy fitted his way out of the club'.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/qpr-joey-barton-stripped-of-captainc

A statement said yesterday: "Following a full internal investigation, Queens Park Rangers Football Club can confirm Joey Barton has been fined six weeks' wages and will no longer be club captain.

"The 29 year-old midfielder will also be absent from the club's pre-season tour of Asia in July.

"The club has also reached agreement with Barton that if he seriously breaches the club's disciplinary procedures again, the club reserves the right to terminate his contract."

I think the last paragraph had a calming effect on our Joey. Ok he still tried to engineer a move but there were no takers.I expect he decided 'hissy fitting 'was'nt worth the risk..

RESPECT JOEY..
[Post edited 3 Oct 2013 12:54]

Barton: 'I could have caused problems at QPR to seal Marseille move' on 12:49 - Oct 3 with 3235 viewsQPunkR

Jesus Barton is an absolute intollerable cúnt and the Club have let themselves down by allowing him back. Worse than that, the fans let themselves down massively by collectively w@nking over this overrated gobshite even before he'd kicked the ball after his apparently miraculous resurrection.
This Scouse pr!ck has pretty much got the message from the majority of Loftus Road since the warm-up to the 1st game of the season that he can do exactly as he wants and Rs fans will still yummy down on all the shit he comes out with.

How people can revel in this scummy low-life's shite and in the same breath claim that Taarabt's done nothing for the Club is absolutely insane. All this Scouse clown has done is have a few good/mediocre games in the championship.

At least he's finally found his level, I just wish it wasn't with us.

QPR - "shit but local"

Barton: 'I could have caused problems at QPR to seal Marseille move' on 13:01 - Oct 3 with 3181 viewsPommyhoop

Barton: 'I could have caused problems at QPR to seal Marseille move' on 12:49 - Oct 3 by QPunkR

Jesus Barton is an absolute intollerable cúnt and the Club have let themselves down by allowing him back. Worse than that, the fans let themselves down massively by collectively w@nking over this overrated gobshite even before he'd kicked the ball after his apparently miraculous resurrection.
This Scouse pr!ck has pretty much got the message from the majority of Loftus Road since the warm-up to the 1st game of the season that he can do exactly as he wants and Rs fans will still yummy down on all the shit he comes out with.

How people can revel in this scummy low-life's shite and in the same breath claim that Taarabt's done nothing for the Club is absolutely insane. All this Scouse clown has done is have a few good/mediocre games in the championship.

At least he's finally found his level, I just wish it wasn't with us.

Nail on head .

Statement of the night.Make that statement of the year.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Barton: 'I could have caused problems at QPR to seal Marseille move' on 13:06 - Oct 3 with 3161 viewsisawqpratwcity

Barton: 'I could have caused problems at QPR to seal Marseille move' on 12:48 - Oct 3 by Pommyhoop

Yeah he could've 'hissy fitted his way out of the club'.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/qpr-joey-barton-stripped-of-captainc

A statement said yesterday: "Following a full internal investigation, Queens Park Rangers Football Club can confirm Joey Barton has been fined six weeks' wages and will no longer be club captain.

"The 29 year-old midfielder will also be absent from the club's pre-season tour of Asia in July.

"The club has also reached agreement with Barton that if he seriously breaches the club's disciplinary procedures again, the club reserves the right to terminate his contract."

I think the last paragraph had a calming effect on our Joey. Ok he still tried to engineer a move but there were no takers.I expect he decided 'hissy fitting 'was'nt worth the risk..

RESPECT JOEY..
[Post edited 3 Oct 2013 12:54]

As I remember it he offered the club the possibility to cancel his contract. It wasn't there originally.

He gave the club a chance to sack him when it didn't have that option. That's not insignificant.

Barton: 'I could have caused problems at QPR to seal Marseille move' on 13:09 - Oct 3 with 3148 viewsPommyhoop

Barton: 'I could have caused problems at QPR to seal Marseille move' on 13:06 - Oct 3 by isawqpratwcity

As I remember it he offered the club the possibility to cancel his contract. It wasn't there originally.

He gave the club a chance to sack him when it didn't have that option. That's not insignificant.

And pay off the balance I thought .?You got a source/ link?

Barton: 'I could have caused problems at QPR to seal Marseille move' on 13:13 - Oct 3 with 3131 viewsisawqpratwcity

Barton: 'I could have caused problems at QPR to seal Marseille move' on 13:09 - Oct 3 by Pommyhoop

And pay off the balance I thought .?You got a source/ link?

No source, that's just the way I remember it. It means nothing to offer the option of cancelling a contract if that involves paying it out, nor for the club to reserve the right to cancel the contract under the same terms.

Barton: 'I could have caused problems at QPR to seal Marseille move' on 13:18 - Oct 3 with 3110 viewsPommyhoop

Barton: 'I could have caused problems at QPR to seal Marseille move' on 13:13 - Oct 3 by isawqpratwcity

No source, that's just the way I remember it. It means nothing to offer the option of cancelling a contract if that involves paying it out, nor for the club to reserve the right to cancel the contract under the same terms.

Legal speak .Way over my head.
I just remember we'd have to pay a sh!t load to get rid .I may be wrong tho..

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024