Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Help for Hilly? 20:29 - Dec 26 with 4147 viewskirbys

What fine entertainment for the festive season. Death by Football resurfaced today after a long time without.
Total team football, commitment and passion with few complaints ---- so what do we get? Advice to the manager and the team when 3 - 0 up having restricted the opposition to one shot at goal.
The shouts of advice could be contained in a one page, stamp sized coaching manual.
"Get it up here", "just run with it" more specific, "stop messing about with it", "we want six".
All the quality came from Dale and it came in bucket fulls, , have we forgotten we were playing like Mansfield a year ago but the memory must be dulled by Christmas spirit.
The only help the players and staff needed today was ear plugs.
Up the dale.
Help for Hilly? on 20:41 - Dec 26 with 4103 viewsTalkingSutty

You forgot to add that probably 95 per cent or more of the crowd didn't participate in any of this activity. It's a very small number of individuals but your post implies everyone was at it. Sitting in the TDS stand everybody seemed pleased. It happens at every ground in the country, you shouldn't credit all supporters as being intelligent!!
Help for Hilly? on 20:49 - Dec 26 with 4081 viewsPassmondsBlue

I agree with much that you say but there is not enough passion from the dale fans, you pay your money you can have your say. We are not all football visionaries but we have watched football games for long enough to know that if you attack you score goals and if you score goals you win games. Hilly should concentrate on the team and tactics and stop shouting at the fans. we were 3:0 up after 50 mins and he did not think to rest some of our key players with a busy 4 games in 9 days

come on hilly this is our club too

Poll: Do yoy think sweetcorn is an idiot

Help for Hilly? on 20:57 - Dec 26 with 4052 viewsdalenumber2

My son remarked today how Dale fans no longer had songs for individual players - then realised that in fact we hardly ever sing at all these days. It's sad how the fans don't get behind the team vocally and at times the only voices that can be heard are the few idiots in the main stand giving Hilly their expert advice. I wish we could generate more atmosphere - we were much better at doing this during Hill's first reign.
Help for Hilly? on 21:07 - Dec 26 with 4010 viewsroccydaleian

Help for Hilly? on 20:57 - Dec 26 by dalenumber2

My son remarked today how Dale fans no longer had songs for individual players - then realised that in fact we hardly ever sing at all these days. It's sad how the fans don't get behind the team vocally and at times the only voices that can be heard are the few idiots in the main stand giving Hilly their expert advice. I wish we could generate more atmosphere - we were much better at doing this during Hill's first reign.

Where's Rkershaw gone when we need him?
Help for Hilly? on 21:27 - Dec 26 with 3946 viewsmaybee

I'm often very supportive of the Main Stand, and there are really only a couple of uneducated moaners who give the rest a bad name...the Ginger ugly one and a handful who may have learning issues and who can't be expected to know any better.

However, today, there was almost no encouragement for the players from those sat within earshot for the long periods of the game in which we did well,. and then to cap it all, when Vincenti (who had an excellent game) chose to slow play down instead of keeping the forward momentum going, several loud groans could be heard nearby....much to the annoyance of Hill & Beech, who both turned round to see who had moaned.

I wouldn't mind the odd negative comment, provided that the culprits could be heard shouting encouragement when we are playing well. It's just that they sit in slience for most of the game, and then pounce when we give the ball away...or sometimes (and more annoyingly) when we play keepball rather than go all out attack for 90 minutes.

The old "you pays your money and you are entitled to voice your opinion" just doesn't work with these people. They wouldn't be happy if we won the European Cup.
Help for Hilly? on 22:27 - Dec 26 with 3824 viewsD_Alien

Help for Hilly? on 21:27 - Dec 26 by maybee

I'm often very supportive of the Main Stand, and there are really only a couple of uneducated moaners who give the rest a bad name...the Ginger ugly one and a handful who may have learning issues and who can't be expected to know any better.

However, today, there was almost no encouragement for the players from those sat within earshot for the long periods of the game in which we did well,. and then to cap it all, when Vincenti (who had an excellent game) chose to slow play down instead of keeping the forward momentum going, several loud groans could be heard nearby....much to the annoyance of Hill & Beech, who both turned round to see who had moaned.

I wouldn't mind the odd negative comment, provided that the culprits could be heard shouting encouragement when we are playing well. It's just that they sit in slience for most of the game, and then pounce when we give the ball away...or sometimes (and more annoyingly) when we play keepball rather than go all out attack for 90 minutes.

The old "you pays your money and you are entitled to voice your opinion" just doesn't work with these people. They wouldn't be happy if we won the European Cup.

Are you kidding me?

Hilly & Beech turned round to look at fans who expressed a very simple and basic emotion, something we all probably felt if not audibly expressed?

The management team should have better things to do. Its a sport, not a lecture

[Post edited 26 Dec 2013 22:27]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Help for Hilly? on 22:46 - Dec 26 with 3759 viewsstuartcryer

Help for Hilly? on 20:49 - Dec 26 by PassmondsBlue

I agree with much that you say but there is not enough passion from the dale fans, you pay your money you can have your say. We are not all football visionaries but we have watched football games for long enough to know that if you attack you score goals and if you score goals you win games. Hilly should concentrate on the team and tactics and stop shouting at the fans. we were 3:0 up after 50 mins and he did not think to rest some of our key players with a busy 4 games in 9 days

what non sence hilly has brought us our club back or shall we go for the steve eyre or coleman era some people just haven t got a clue

wardle blue

Help for Hilly? on 22:47 - Dec 26 with 3755 viewsShun

Off the top of my head, there are Allen/Dicker, Rose, Henderson, Bunney, Lund, and Vincenti who each have their own 'unique' songs, and a few others who have the more generic "There's only one Scott Hogan" style songs. I've been impressed with the lyrical prowess on show this season!
Login to get fewer ads

Help for Hilly? on 22:49 - Dec 26 with 3750 viewsstuartcryer

Help for Hilly? on 21:27 - Dec 26 by maybee

correct i sat there today some of them supporters in the main stand do not think or cant think for the good of the club

wardle blue

Help for Hilly? on 22:58 - Dec 26 with 3711 viewsdalenumber2

Help for Hilly? on 22:47 - Dec 26 by Shun

Off the top of my head, there are Allen/Dicker, Rose, Henderson, Bunney, Lund, and Vincenti who each have their own 'unique' songs, and a few others who have the more generic "There's only one Scott Hogan" style songs. I've been impressed with the lyrical prowess on show this season!

Granted they may get sung at away matches but I very rarely hear anything sung for individual players in the Pearl Street [was there a very quiet 'only one Scott Hogan' song when he was substituted today, I couldn't quite hear?] Generally speaking, a couple of "Daaayulll" chants which fizzle out after 30 seconds is about all we're up for these days!
Help for Hilly? on 23:25 - Dec 26 with 3668 viewsTomRAFC

A new song pops up most home games in the sandy. Fans were in fine voice today.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Help for Hilly? on 23:34 - Dec 26 with 3645 viewsPassmondsBlue

Help for Hilly? on 22:46 - Dec 26 by stuartcryer

what non sence hilly has brought us our club back or shall we go for the steve eyre or coleman era some people just haven t got a clue

It's been said before by roccydaleian on the Hogan??? thread

Poll: Do yoy think sweetcorn is an idiot

Help for Hilly? on 23:38 - Dec 26 with 3629 viewsstuartcryer

Help for Hilly? on 23:34 - Dec 26 by PassmondsBlue

It's been said before by roccydaleian on the Hogan??? thread

goodnight dave or is there any more passmond d heads

wardle blue

Help for Hilly? on 06:11 - Dec 27 with 3475 viewsAtThePeake

Help for Hilly? on 22:58 - Dec 26 by dalenumber2

Granted they may get sung at away matches but I very rarely hear anything sung for individual players in the Pearl Street [was there a very quiet 'only one Scott Hogan' song when he was substituted today, I couldn't quite hear?] Generally speaking, a couple of "Daaayulll" chants which fizzle out after 30 seconds is about all we're up for these days!

My (rather phenomenal) "All You Need Is Lund!" chant was sang briefly after his goal.

I think me and Chaff need to print out a lyrics book for everyone.

I think the original poster must sit near me, in the Main Stand towards the Sandy, cause I could hear most of those individual shouts as well. I also agree with whoever mentioned the people that moan but don't encourage. Too many of them. Sometimes I'll shout "Go on Hendo!" or something and I get people looking at me as if I've got three heads. Some of them only come to have a good moan, I'm sure.

Tangled up in blue.

Help for Hilly? on 07:51 - Dec 27 with 3431 viewselectricblue

I for one dont understand why people pay good money and go to a match and have a good moan.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Help for Hilly? on 13:24 - Dec 27 with 3232 viewsDickydaler

Help for Hilly? on 20:49 - Dec 26 by PassmondsBlue

I've got to admit that I was one of those who was a little bemused that Hilly didn't rest some of his key players for the last 20 minutes or so, as were a number around me. However, I can only believe that he didn't make changes for a reason. In Hill I trust!!!
And again, I was also one of those a little disappointed that we took our foot off the pedal in the later stages of the game, especially as our goal difference is poor and only a few weeks ago Hilly mentioned this as being a problem. Another goal scored in the last 20 minutes, or some positive attacking play with a few near misses even, would have had (nearly) all the fans going home buzzing and champing at the bit for Sunday.
But I do agree that this should be kept within the stands and not transmitted to the pitch.
Still, 3-0 was pretty good wasn't it!
In Hilly I still trust!!!
Help for Hilly? on 13:48 - Dec 27 with 3190 viewsDorsetDale

Help for Hilly? on 13:24 - Dec 27 by Dickydaler

I've got to admit that I was one of those who was a little bemused that Hilly didn't rest some of his key players for the last 20 minutes or so, as were a number around me. However, I can only believe that he didn't make changes for a reason. In Hill I trust!!!
And again, I was also one of those a little disappointed that we took our foot off the pedal in the later stages of the game, especially as our goal difference is poor and only a few weeks ago Hilly mentioned this as being a problem. Another goal scored in the last 20 minutes, or some positive attacking play with a few near misses even, would have had (nearly) all the fans going home buzzing and champing at the bit for Sunday.
But I do agree that this should be kept within the stands and not transmitted to the pitch.
Still, 3-0 was pretty good wasn't it!
In Hilly I still trust!!!

I agree regards possibly taking key players off to rest them but as you say, he had his reasons.
No need to go looking for more goals at the expense of 1) risk of pushing a little too hard and picking up strains 2) allowing the opposition to exploit space on the counter and score an undeserved consolation. Better to stay relatively fresh and hope to score goals against a Brizzle side in similar position to Mansfield.

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Help for Hilly? on 22:59 - Dec 27 with 2984 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Help for Hilly? on 22:27 - Dec 26 by D_Alien

Are you kidding me?

Hilly & Beech turned round to look at fans who expressed a very simple and basic emotion, something we all probably felt if not audibly expressed?

The management team should have better things to do. Its a sport, not a lecture

[Post edited 26 Dec 2013 22:27]

In any game there will be moments that don't go the way you want them to go. You can batter teams 5-0 and still slow play down or miss place a pass. The point people are trying to make is that the bits of play that don't go the way people want them to go are being given far more precedence by a small vocal minority than the far plentiful good passages of play. As you point out we all probably have a bit of a quite wince when something happens that we don't want to happen. The big difference is that the more rational of us accept that this will happen in games. Hence we don't vent spleen at the team and management. We support the team because this Hill and Beech side has given us much pleasure this season. Why turn on them? They will make mistakes, but as long as they get the majority of things right, which they clearly are, then they certainly don't deserve the level of criticism stated. Why have that negativity? What's the point of it?
I disagree with your comment that the management team have better things to do. If a few vocal supporters are creating negativity when positivity is deserved then they've every right to act as they see fit.
The only lectures I've heard are given from the gobshites referred to who know nothing about football to a team and management who know fookin infinitely more about football than they do.
Apart from this one of course.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2013 23:05]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Help for Hilly? on 00:30 - Dec 28 with 2927 viewsD_Alien

Help for Hilly? on 22:59 - Dec 27 by BigDaveMyCock

In any game there will be moments that don't go the way you want them to go. You can batter teams 5-0 and still slow play down or miss place a pass. The point people are trying to make is that the bits of play that don't go the way people want them to go are being given far more precedence by a small vocal minority than the far plentiful good passages of play. As you point out we all probably have a bit of a quite wince when something happens that we don't want to happen. The big difference is that the more rational of us accept that this will happen in games. Hence we don't vent spleen at the team and management. We support the team because this Hill and Beech side has given us much pleasure this season. Why turn on them? They will make mistakes, but as long as they get the majority of things right, which they clearly are, then they certainly don't deserve the level of criticism stated. Why have that negativity? What's the point of it?
I disagree with your comment that the management team have better things to do. If a few vocal supporters are creating negativity when positivity is deserved then they've every right to act as they see fit.
The only lectures I've heard are given from the gobshites referred to who know nothing about football to a team and management who know fookin infinitely more about football than they do.
Apart from this one of course.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2013 23:05]

I was just trying to point out that the gobshites are human, and fallible, and therefore should be ignored in exactly the same way that you're suggesting we should ignore the slow passages of play.

By reacting to them, KH is descending to their level. But I guess he's only human too.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2013 0:52]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Help for Hilly? on 14:06 - Dec 28 with 2772 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Help for Hilly? on 00:30 - Dec 28 by D_Alien

I was just trying to point out that the gobshites are human, and fallible, and therefore should be ignored in exactly the same way that you're suggesting we should ignore the slow passages of play.

By reacting to them, KH is descending to their level. But I guess he's only human too.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2013 0:52]

In some strange macabre way I'd like Hilly to sign a massive centre forward and instruct every player to quickly launch the ball to him as soon as humanly possible when they receive the ball.
We'd be absolutely shite to watch but about one in every fifteen games the said centre forward will score a goal similar to Andy Carroll's versus Sweden in Euro 2012 and the said group of supporters will wallow in the moment. Vindicated. Bottom of the league, predictable and terrible to watch - but vindicated nevertheless. Football they understand. Get rid of it, quick!!
Tippy, tappy, ticker, tacker - my ar$e.

Help for Hilly? on 11:18 - Jan 5 with 2524 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Help for Hilly? on 14:06 - Dec 28 by BigDaveMyCock

In some strange macabre way I'd like Hilly to sign a massive centre forward and instruct every player to quickly launch the ball to him as soon as humanly possible when they receive the ball.
We'd be absolutely shite to watch but about one in every fifteen games the said centre forward will score a goal similar to Andy Carroll's versus Sweden in Euro 2012 and the said group of supporters will wallow in the moment. Vindicated. Bottom of the league, predictable and terrible to watch - but vindicated nevertheless. Football they understand. Get rid of it, quick!!
Tippy, tappy, ticker, tacker - my ar$e.

Or, alternatively, they can just go and watch Leeds.

Help for Hilly? on 14:51 - Jan 5 with 2356 viewskirbys

Help for Hilly? on 11:18 - Jan 5 by BigDaveMyCock

Or, alternatively, they can just go and watch Leeds.

Possibly the best suggestion to end to this thread Dave!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024