Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fine prospect 15:01 - Jan 5 with 2237 viewskirbys

I know we all have to look hard to select a man of the match against Leeds. The truth is it would take something away from every team member to pick one out.
Instead consider the contribution of one of our most inexperienced players who merited the award for sticking to the task allotted to him, never giving in when outnumbered, making his presence felt for every throw in on the left and in refusing to be overawed or over cocky at any time. With only a fraction of playing time under his belt, congratulations to Joe Bunny, he certainly won novice man of the match. What a prospect in a year or two.
Fine prospect on 15:07 - Jan 5 with 2208 views_dezzy

And the goal line clearance was an important turning point

KHBA

Fine prospect on 15:14 - Jan 5 with 2174 viewsSalwaDale

Must admit to being very impressed and excited when I found out Bunney was starting. Absolutely wonderful management from Hill, and it will benefit us long after yesterday's game.

TBBT

Fine prospect on 15:28 - Jan 5 with 2107 viewsCockneyDale

His finish for his offside goal was great - was hoping to see it again on the highlights.

He does need to work on his jumping for headers: his timing was out most times. He's quicker than I'd realised, especially over first ten yards
[Post edited 5 Jan 2014 15:30]
Fine prospect on 16:27 - Jan 5 with 1985 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Could do with a pie or two to fill out......or one of those huge sausage things they were turning out in the Sandy at £2.50.
Fine prospect on 16:31 - Jan 5 with 1950 viewsjudd

Fine prospect on 15:28 - Jan 5 by CockneyDale

His finish for his offside goal was great - was hoping to see it again on the highlights.

He does need to work on his jumping for headers: his timing was out most times. He's quicker than I'd realised, especially over first ten yards
[Post edited 5 Jan 2014 15:30]

A neutral friend of a friend sat in the Leeds crowd said he was not offside.

It was a very late flag.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Fine prospect on 16:35 - Jan 5 with 1930 viewsSaxonDale

Fine prospect on 16:31 - Jan 5 by judd

A neutral friend of a friend sat in the Leeds crowd said he was not offside.

It was a very late flag.

Definitely offside unfortunately, great finish though.
Fine prospect on 16:47 - Jan 5 with 1882 viewsSuddenLad

Fine prospect on 16:35 - Jan 5 by SaxonDale

Definitely offside unfortunately, great finish though.

Offside, yes but it was a VERY late flag. My mate said the linesman would have been quicker sending the ref a text.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Fine prospect on 17:39 - Jan 5 with 1809 viewsnordenblue

Fine prospect on 16:47 - Jan 5 by SuddenLad

Offside, yes but it was a VERY late flag. My mate said the linesman would have been quicker sending the ref a text.

See im sure I saw the flag raised plenty before he got the shot away at the time.
Login to get fewer ads

Fine prospect on 18:14 - Jan 5 with 1728 viewsColDale

It just highlights the potential that this side has.

The last promotion team arguably relied upon better individuals. This time, we have such a team mentality and the potential to grow. Cav aside, the ages of our players yesterday were 26, 22, 25, 25, 19, 23, 27, 28, 21, 20. Knowing how Hill improves players, the bulk of this side could compete in League One, and we've got a crop of kids ready to come in as well.

The cup money will ensure that any sales won't be fire sales, and Hill will have funds to do any necessary tweaking to the team. Given how we budget, any cash from the Cup run is above and beyond expected income and needs to be reinvested in the team. There's no reverse gear with a Hill team, and we cannot allow yesterday to be the highlight of the season (and not just cos I missed it).

The fourth round game will be the anniversary of Keith's return to the club. It is amazing how far he has brought us in such a short space of time. We'e said it a million times, but we are in the safest hands in the whole Football League and there's not a manager out there, whether it be Mourihno or Ferguson, that I'd trust as much as I trust Hilly.
Fine prospect on 18:38 - Jan 5 with 1675 viewsSaxonDale

Promotion, a great season in League 1, a trip to Wembley, the development of several great players, plenty of 'I was there' moments and now a memorable cup run is there anything Hilly hasn't given us? Rochdale's best ever manager for me. No question about it.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2014 19:42]
Fine prospect on 19:37 - Jan 5 with 1600 viewsYouTubeDale

Yes, the Cup money will prevent a fire sale and added to that comfort I wonder how many floating Dale supporters will be added to our League gates from now on. Surely we can pick up 200 per game, and that would help greatly.

The only downside is possibly becoming a victim of our own success. For example losing Lund, Hogan, Henderson et al to poachers. Yes, we get the money but how will it affect the TEAM? Although I would guess the good management of Hill will steer us through those choppy waters and we will come out the other end smiling, FGs permitting.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024