Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looking ahead 20:02 - May 12 with 853 viewscwmdonkinjack

Well what a clusterf... of a last 3-4 seasons. Decision making and decision making process has been woeful, especially on recruitment. A lot of fans blame not spending enough money but it has been far more to do with how we have spent it. Our ratio of spend on wages to turnover is far too high. This has not only reduced the quality of our squad and our football, but it has left us with an overpaid and, to a degree, unsailable group.
Like all of us, I agree with King Curt, that it has felt like a death in the family. After a few days reflection this is clearly an overstated emotion. Talking to other fans I am now looking forward to next season.
I understand the anger and fully agree that it is time for HJ to go. Whilst the Yanks have presided over this it is in their, and their fellow backers interests to make the right decisions going forward.
We need a much clearer vision of what we want to achieve and how best to do this. We need to cut our losses on mediocre deadwood and look for younger, hungrier players, preferably with some of them local.
As fans we should tolerate a lack of instant success if we can see that we are rebuilding a football an identity.

STID.
[Post edited 12 May 2018 20:08]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024