Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leading on from site moderation and new users info 10:43 - Jun 16 with 1431 viewsKeithHaynes

We do get many new users a week on Swansea Independent. If you are keen to join us and we welcome that of course, your initial registration has to be without a VPN. Thereafter you can use a VPN, that isn’t a problem. Potentially half of our new subscribers are spammers or old friends looking to disrupt Swansea Independent.

Having had a discussion this morning with the network administrators it’s clear a few people, as every website has are determined to cause disruption on the forums. The recent post on the weekend which was derogatory was immediately screenshot by the person who posted it - and then put on Twitter and one other site in other guises. Obviously giving the impression we allow that type of opinion. Not so much a clever tactic but of course through some basic open source inquiries we quickly see who it is behind this type of spamming. As we have said many times before all that does is channel more and more views to the site, and as I have experienced since the weekend people have emailed me or sent a PM clearly seeing through the agenda.

We encourage everyone to report any moderation issue we may miss by clicking the report button. This site has gone from strength to strength in the past twenty months despite the few dissenters we are all aware of. You will also hear this website now linking up with media stations nationally and locally for Swansea City and Wales analysis over the coming season, the derisory attempts to undermine us spur us on further. Why anyone would actively attack this website in the knowledge that we are linked officially to the brain tumour charity is beyond my comprehension. But it does expose their continued weakness as individuals and lack of ability to debate and talk through any issues they have. And that includes offers to do so in person as we did last month. Oddly enough we had no takers. Strange that. So all we can do is thank those obsessive keyboarders as well for directing people to the website who then can then form their own opinion on posts that are orchestrated to disrupt the website. It’s working very well.

I’ve locked the thread as it serves only for information purposes. Thanks to everyone who continues to support us here on Swansea Independent. We have a tremendous season ahead and lots of new and creative ideas to make your reading experience the best we can give you.

😉

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024