Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Help please 3 network reception/service, Tethering, Ipads 20:23 - Nov 22 with 2590 viewsSpratty

Thinking of taking out the one plan from 3 which gives unlimited data (plus lots of mins and texts) for £15 a month for sim only. I understand this is one of the few/only unlimited data plans that allow tethering (i.e using your mobile as a wi fi hotspot to for e.g. to allow on line access for your ipad/laptop without other wi fi being available).

Have just got a 3 PAYG sim to test out reception (does not allow tethering but can switch to one month rolling sim only one plan to try this out if reception ok). Any help with the following questions (or other related info) would be brilliant. (currently use Orange - ummm - and O2 which I find ok with good reception)

1. Any problems with reception from 3 (Swansea particularly West Swansea and travelling round UK)

2. Any general problems with 3 that might make them bad choice

3. Any experience of tethering with 3 and how successful that is and are speeds usable

4. Thinking of going with a Samsung Galaxy III (already have 3 mini) as a reasonably priced well featured and good sized phone for internet browsing but most of these are 3G. Will I need a 4G phone to get decent response when tethering. Currently I understand 3 offering 4G as it is rolled out at no extra cost. (Understand coverage limited to main cities to begin with.)

Many thanks for any info

Help please 3 network reception/service, Tethering, Ipads on 20:43 - Nov 22 with 2579 viewsDyfnant

I'm on the one plan. 3 is useless in Dunvant , poor in Killay until you get to the commercial. It's ok in Gowerton and 3 crosses. Excellent in Llanelli
Guys I work with in Llanelli use it for tethering there and love it. 3G phones.
I had the iPhone 3GS and found sky go very hit & miss even with full bar 3G, upgraded to the 5s and so far it been awesome picture wise :)
3's 4G will apparently be in London, Bradford and one other city from next month but I wouldn't hold your breath for it coming down this far

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Help please 3 network reception/service, Tethering, Ipads on 21:01 - Nov 22 with 2569 viewsSpratty

Help please 3 network reception/service, Tethering, Ipads on 20:43 - Nov 22 by Dyfnant

I'm on the one plan. 3 is useless in Dunvant , poor in Killay until you get to the commercial. It's ok in Gowerton and 3 crosses. Excellent in Llanelli
Guys I work with in Llanelli use it for tethering there and love it. 3G phones.
I had the iPhone 3GS and found sky go very hit & miss even with full bar 3G, upgraded to the 5s and so far it been awesome picture wise :)
3's 4G will apparently be in London, Bradford and one other city from next month but I wouldn't hold your breath for it coming down this far

Many thanks for that Dyfnat
Help please 3 network reception/service, Tethering, Ipads on 22:12 - Nov 22 with 2548 views_

Help please 3 network reception/service, Tethering, Ipads on 21:01 - Nov 22 by Spratty

Have no issues whatsoever with 3 or tethering, I travel 3 hours a day on the train so it's a godsend to me. The reception is just as good as any network. Tethering is fine for net browsing but can sometimes struggler with streaming, but that would be the same on any network.

I'd find it nigh on impossible to switch to a different network now. For the record. I tether up an 18m old HTC One X to iPad.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Help please 3 network reception/service, Tethering, Ipads on 22:15 - Nov 22 with 2544 viewsSpratty

Help please 3 network reception/service, Tethering, Ipads on 22:12 - Nov 22 by _

Have no issues whatsoever with 3 or tethering, I travel 3 hours a day on the train so it's a godsend to me. The reception is just as good as any network. Tethering is fine for net browsing but can sometimes struggler with streaming, but that would be the same on any network.

I'd find it nigh on impossible to switch to a different network now. For the record. I tether up an 18m old HTC One X to iPad.

Brilliant sounds good thanks for that T2C
Help please 3 network reception/service, Tethering, Ipads on 22:17 - Nov 22 with 2543 viewsmawdlamjack

been on 3 for 5 years now and never had a problem with reception, even get a signal in the liberty and in a lot of places where my mates can't pickup a thing. give it a go, you can always cancel if it don't suit your purpose

on the northbank since 64 now languishing in the east stand

Help please 3 network reception/service, Tethering, Ipads on 22:20 - Nov 22 with 2538 viewsDyfnant

Help please 3 network reception/service, Tethering, Ipads on 22:17 - Nov 22 by mawdlamjack

been on 3 for 5 years now and never had a problem with reception, even get a signal in the liberty and in a lot of places where my mates can't pickup a thing. give it a go, you can always cancel if it don't suit your purpose

12 month contract to tether for £15 a month, I've no regrets though

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Help please 3 network reception/service, Tethering, Ipads on 22:20 - Nov 22 with 2538 views_

Help please 3 network reception/service, Tethering, Ipads on 21:01 - Nov 22 by Spratty

Double post
[Post edited 22 Nov 2013 22:22]

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Help please 3 network reception/service, Tethering, Ipads on 22:36 - Nov 22 with 2524 viewsSpratty

Help please 3 network reception/service, Tethering, Ipads on 22:17 - Nov 22 by mawdlamjack

Many thanks, Seems like a brilliant package and a great way to get network for ipad / laptop when away from home.

Probably go for 24 months sim only £15 but start off with rolling contract £18 so I can cancel if any probs. Given it sounds a decent network the PAYG seems to have massively chap rates too for anyone interested in that sort of package.

Thanks again for all the help YJBs
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024