Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Staff taking involuntary financial hit 11:42 - Apr 9 with 976 viewsmootswan

Family member operates residential care homes. 3 members of staff have received a government letter instructing them to stay away from work for 12 weeks on account of underlying health issues.
These employees are not eligible for government contributions via furloughing, so their only recourse is to go on Universal Credit. Weekly income will drop from a couple of hundred quid a week to 90-odd.
Clearly this is a substantial blow to their pocket but there appears to be no govt guidance for those in this situation. Many others must find themselves similarly disadvantaged.
Anyone on GB in the same boat? We are struggling to find a solution. Many thanks.
Staff taking involuntary financial hit on 11:47 - Apr 9 with 965 viewsbuilthjack

Slightly different, but plenty I know, including my neighbour, are recently self employed and get nothing. So they end up going to work, when they shouldn't. But they have to have money coming in.
The Chancellor and Johnson are pr1cks. They are encouraging people to catch or spread the virus by doing this.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Staff taking involuntary financial hit on 12:28 - Apr 9 with 921 viewsJackSomething

I don't know if the care homes will need to or be able to find replacement members of staff for such a relatively short time, but if not, it would be great if employers would help employees out and continue paying them, counting the 12 weeks as sick leave. It's all very well looking to the government for help, but seeing as the care home is still earning money during this, perhaps they could take on some responsibility for their staff?

Unfortunately this is where all the schemes companies use to save money, such as zero-hours contracts and the like, bites employees on the arse. Not having a go at your family member, I'm sure they're a decent person and working hard to run their care homes, but the situation sucks for those employees who get no financial support in this scenario.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Staff taking involuntary financial hit on 12:31 - Apr 9 with 915 viewsdemonk

Your wrong there they allowed to furlough so the care home needs to either pay full wage or furlough them.spoke to guy on union he informed me of this.
Plus if you go to martin Lewis saving expert he had it confirmed by the treasury. It said employees who are shielding in line with public health guidance can be placed on furlough. It's always nice to know new information hopefully can help few who are isolating
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024