| Oversight of the welfare bill 07:36 - Oct 2 with 334 views | AnotherJohn | We know that there is political opposition in the ranks of Labour, the Greeens and the SNP to curtailing the welfare bill, but have less information about how far officials in the welfare system collaborate in waving through dubious claims. The Conservative leader in Scotland, Russell Findlay, has been saying for a while that the SNP's "light touch" approach is a fraudster's charter, and now the evidence seems to be firming up. https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news I wonder if Wales is any better. [Post edited 2 Oct 7:59]
|  | | |  |
| Oversight of the welfare bill on 19:27 - Oct 2 with 220 views | SullutaCreturned | We can't just focus on one thing but I have no doubt there is rampant welafre abuse just as there is negligence in the oversight of government spending that allows massive overspending and waste. There's also the rampant tax avoidance and evasion that, when added up costs the country many billions. The welfare bill needs pegging back, I don't think many can deny it, I think most of us know somebody who is falsely cclaiming money but then, maybe we also know somebody who is genuine but doesn't get the help they need? |  | |  |
| |