Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MATCH THREAD 07:11 - Aug 8 with 54539 viewsLblock

Never ever started one so thought I'd give it a go on the first day back at "our level"

I'm not usually positive, especially with away games, but it would be churlish of me not to be so this fine, sunny morning on the dawn of new era number 378
A 1-3 victory with Poulter header and a double from Chery (one a blockbuster free kick) is what I'm going for

C'MON U R's!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

MATCH THREAD on 18:26 - Aug 8 with 4880 viewsSpiritofGregory

MATCH THREAD on 17:14 - Aug 8 by Discodroids

make you right derby.

apologies to the rest of the board(except for them two dolly mixtures) gonna give the board a break

fkn stupid.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2015 17:16]

No need to give the board a break Disco, chin up.
MATCH THREAD on 18:36 - Aug 8 with 4823 viewsDorse

MATCH THREAD on 18:21 - Aug 8 by SpiritofGregory

So what makes you think that Ramsey can achieve promotion, his performance so far has suggested otherwise. There is nothing wrong with changing the philosophy of the club in relation to salaries. That however is not enough, you have to have the right personnel and at the moment we are missing the most crucial member, a manager.

Don't give me a feed-line like missing a 'most crucial member'...

Not looking for a barney SoG - you may be right. But to be honest, that logic could apply to practically all of our managers over the years. What did they win? Collectively? A couple of second division titles, a play-off final and the League Cup. They weren't all bad managers.

I never said Ramsey was going to get promotion because, like you, I don't think he will this season. However, I'm sick of changing managers so quickly when history shows that sticking with someone who has a bit of vision can pay dividends if we're prepared to gut it out. For example, Oliie took us down to the third tier and we were absolutely awful that first season in Div 2. Overall, sticking with Ollie was the right thing to do: a play-off at Cardiff and promotion I'm the next two years.

It took a bit of faith in a manager who was, at first, pretty lousy. I'm not going to dish out any abuse and, as I said previously, you may well be spot on. I just think that we need to give Ramsey more time.

Peace, love and all that.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

MATCH THREAD on 18:45 - Aug 8 with 4766 viewseasthertsr

Some real knee-jerk stuff on here tonight! We lost today, it happens , if we keep losing then we should get annoyed/upset etc. and demand changes, but it is just ONE game into the season. Keep calm every-one!
MATCH THREAD on 19:35 - Aug 8 with 4589 viewsStanisgod

Does anyone who went think that Gladwin and Ale would have helped ? Also there isn't much mention of Mackie , good or bad.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

MATCH THREAD on 19:36 - Aug 8 with 4583 viewsMonahoop

MATCH THREAD on 18:45 - Aug 8 by easthertsr

Some real knee-jerk stuff on here tonight! We lost today, it happens , if we keep losing then we should get annoyed/upset etc. and demand changes, but it is just ONE game into the season. Keep calm every-one!

I'd hate to think what it will be like on here if we get tossed and baled and pitchforked in rural Yeovil in mid week. And that sadly, is a realistic possibility.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

MATCH THREAD on 19:43 - Aug 8 with 4560 viewsTHEBUSH

MATCH THREAD on 17:33 - Aug 8 by baz_qpr

Don't think who he answers to is the problem. I think his in-game management is highly questionable though

Agree with this, last season when CR took over from Redknapp, he was looking to Bondy for advice during the games, not a good sign for me.

Ramsey does need help though, he can't be a manager and first team coach at the same time, he defo needs someone like Gerry Francis to help him.
MATCH THREAD on 19:55 - Aug 8 with 4499 viewsMatch82

MATCH THREAD on 18:21 - Aug 8 by SpiritofGregory

So what makes you think that Ramsey can achieve promotion, his performance so far has suggested otherwise. There is nothing wrong with changing the philosophy of the club in relation to salaries. That however is not enough, you have to have the right personnel and at the moment we are missing the most crucial member, a manager.

This might be where our opinions differ.
If we can get promotion, great. But I'd rather stay down with the right philosophy building for the future than get promoted at any cost.

Do I think Ramsey is a good manager to get us promoted? No.
Do I think Ramsey is a good manager to establish the right philosophy and culture within the club? Absolutely.

And I don't think he's a bad enough manager to get this squad relegated to league 1, so I don't have a problem keeping him here for the year.
MATCH THREAD on 20:27 - Aug 8 with 4435 viewsphilosopher

Can't believe some of the nonsense on here. Already writing off Ramsey and implying 'crisis' after one game. This is a completely new team, with unsatisfactory pre-season that had nothing to do with Ramsey who is already being written off. Most agreed with his signings under new constraints. It was a difficult away fixtiure to start, with a new team, and which apparently could have gone either way. We hear on here that getting off to a good or bad start will shape the season; actually no, there are so many games and lots of evidence in recent seasons of teams beating each other and moving up and down the table. If we beat Cardiff we are already in mid-table and 'crisis over'. Get a grip
Login to get fewer ads

MATCH THREAD on 20:35 - Aug 8 with 4400 viewsCHUBBS

MATCH THREAD on 19:55 - Aug 8 by Match82

If we can get promotion, great. But I'd rather stay down with the right philosophy building for the future than get promoted at any cost.

Do I think Ramsey is a good manager to establish the right philosophy and culture within the club? Absolutely.

And I don't think he's a bad enough manager to get this squad relegated to league 1, so I don't have a problem keeping him here for the year.

We've already done the any cost which is the reason we're financially ruined.
If we don't go up in the next couple of years what then?
The owners should never have gambled with the clubs existence but they did so now we are built to rely on premier league money.
MATCH THREAD on 20:40 - Aug 8 with 4377 viewsJonDoeman

When's Ramsey's birthday ?

It Is What It Is !!

MATCH THREAD on 21:15 - Aug 8 with 4268 viewsDiscodroids

MATCH THREAD on 17:25 - Aug 8 by BromleyHoop

Do us all a big favour and make it a long one yeah!

Are you gonna leave me now,Can't you be believing now,
I can't do well when I think you're gonna leave me
But I know I try
Are you gonna leave me now
Can't you be believing now..

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

MATCH THREAD on 21:18 - Aug 8 with 4265 viewsStanisgod

MATCH THREAD on 19:35 - Aug 8 by Stanisgod

Does anyone who went think that Gladwin and Ale would have helped ? Also there isn't much mention of Mackie , good or bad.

No one went then ?

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

MATCH THREAD on 21:22 - Aug 8 with 4246 viewsWilloW4

MATCH THREAD on 18:00 - Aug 8 by connell10

Well what a interesting thread, full of bitterness, anger and bile!!!!!!FOCKING LOVE IT!

It's also full of tree huggers and do gooders... Anyone who has a gripe about today is valid..!
MATCH THREAD on 21:25 - Aug 8 with 4227 viewsDorse

MATCH THREAD on 21:18 - Aug 8 by Stanisgod

No one went then ?

Sorry mate, agoraphobic psychopath

MATCH THREAD on 21:25 - Aug 8 with 4226 viewsGetMeRangers

MATCH THREAD on 21:18 - Aug 8 by Stanisgod

No one went then ?

I went. Posted on other threads as this is melting down!

Gladwin was injured

mackie is an even better player than I remember. Better on the ball. Better at turning a player. A lot of the first half was spent singing his song. Cracking game and some beautiful crosses that just missed players. What an asset he will be this season
MATCH THREAD on 21:31 - Aug 8 with 4207 viewsFredManRave

MATCH THREAD on 21:25 - Aug 8 by Dorse

Sorry mate, agoraphobic psychopath

You don't come across as agoraphobic in your posts...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

MATCH THREAD on 21:50 - Aug 8 with 4140 viewsDorse

MATCH THREAD on 21:31 - Aug 8 by FredManRave

You don't come across as agoraphobic in your posts...

MATCH THREAD on 21:52 - Aug 8 with 4127 viewsWilloW4

MATCH THREAD on 18:45 - Aug 8 by easthertsr

Perfect spelling and punctuation . Well done dear.
MATCH THREAD on 22:13 - Aug 8 with 4086 viewsJigsore

Disappointing. Legginess showing up the poor pre-season a bit I suspect.

Our defence looked odds and evens today, even with Henry in front of them which was a bit worrying but then we already knew our options there were limited, hopefully familiarity will result in some more solid performances. Work needed.

While i'm not impressed but i'm not too worried. Wolves have suffered back-to-back relegations from the Premier League and it ended up being great in the long term. Fortunately we don't have Dean Saunders managing us and I don't think we're as bad as them so our season(s) of rebuilding won't be as dramatic. We've signed some excellent players this season who might take a while to shine in a new team, but ultimately it's a long term project. It would be arrogant for us to assume that we can drop down into the division and suddenly start winning games despite being utter shite last season, that would be a disservice to the division.

Teams don't magically get promoted with a nucleus hastily cobbled together in one pre season, especially teams trying to save money.

Going down the Redknapp route of hiring a team an expensive team who would certainly 'do a job' in this division but certainly struggle in the PL would be disastrous, its barely worth thinking about. Even then we got promoted with a huge slice of luck...

It won't be pretty, it might not be fun at times, it might hurt to have the piss taken the same way Fulham did the season before us but its necessary

However i'd be worried if we didn't get a proven striker in before the end of the window. I realise we're waiting for the inevitable Austin sale but if it's that inevitable we really ought to buy someone before August 31st surely? either way I can't blame Ramsey for that.

call me happy clappy because, while winning would be nice, there are still lots of shortcomings in our team that have to be sorted out and these are things that can only be properly identified by playing actual competetive matches. I expect those c*nts at Stamford Bridge are already calling for Ivanovic's head or for an independent inquiry into the state of refereeing or something equally ridiculous after a simple draw against Swansea...

we're better than that and I certainly hope we don't end up like that.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:32 - Aug 8 with 3999 viewsSpiritofGregory

MATCH THREAD on 19:55 - Aug 8 by Match82

We need to go up within 3 season, after that the money runs out. I don't think he has what it takes to guide us back to the Premier League.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2015 22:39]
MATCH THREAD on 23:42 - Aug 8 with 3899 viewsPunteR

MATCH THREAD on 18:36 - Aug 8 by Dorse

Don't give me a feed-line like missing a 'most crucial member'...

Not looking for a barney SoG - you may be right. But to be honest, that logic could apply to practically all of our managers over the years. What did they win? Collectively? A couple of second division titles, a play-off final and the League Cup. They weren't all bad managers.

I never said Ramsey was going to get promotion because, like you, I don't think he will this season. However, I'm sick of changing managers so quickly when history shows that sticking with someone who has a bit of vision can pay dividends if we're prepared to gut it out. For example, Oliie took us down to the third tier and we were absolutely awful that first season in Div 2. Overall, sticking with Ollie was the right thing to do: a play-off at Cardiff and promotion I'm the next two years.

It took a bit of faith in a manager who was, at first, pretty lousy. I'm not going to dish out any abuse and, as I said previously, you may well be spot on. I just think that we need to give Ramsey more time.

Peace, love and all that.

Well said my man.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

MATCH THREAD on 13:47 - Aug 9 with 3560 viewsthemodfather

imo we dominated the first half and didn't create any real chances from the numerous corners, many were dire and charlton defended them with big lads and a huge goalie.....charlton did little, offered little and seemed content to hold out...2nd half we had one shot easily put over by the goalie and ran out of ideas....amckie became pivotal for a while, chasing, hustling bit charlton did the classic counter and scored, with the 1st on target shot? i feel green should have done better too...we had no midfield general and one up front seemed awful, austin was lost, isolated an become disinterested ( when subbed did not sit with the team, went into stands and played with his socks??) wasted free kicks and corners and charlton score number 2..from nothing, same play, ball wide and pop...goal. their mute fans suddenly become alive...for ages good noisy r's support....that ground is really poor, getting in and getting to bogs and bars is a nightmare....easy to get too but poor facilities.
i find charlton a bitter and odd lot....kent my arse.
MATCH THREAD on 15:47 - Aug 9 with 3476 viewsWilloW4

MATCH THREAD on 16:53 - Aug 8 by kropotkin41

Hahahaha, Last word merchant. Over your shoulder. Nice. Whatever.

I up voted you in error... To finish your post with 'whatever', begs the question are 12 or younger.?
MATCH THREAD on 19:45 - Aug 13 with 3182 viewsRangersw12

This thread is brilliant and surely deserves a sticky at the top ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024