Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Premier League Supporting Mates 11:25 - Mar 9 with 3085 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Any else get sick of the patronising chat from the 'supporters' from the Uppers?

'Who is your manager now?'

'What division are you in?'

'I remember Trevor Sinclair's goal, what year was that?'

Usual token questions just before they blather on about themselves and their terrible season finishing 4th or whatever and bemoaning their luck.

Bah. Wouldn't know a balti pie if it hit them and stained their brand new scarf.
Premier League Supporting Mates on 11:29 - Mar 9 with 2816 viewshoof_hearted

Don't make the mistake of thinking they're interested. Bore them rigid with detailed reports on the last home game and great young players they've never heard of. You'll soon be on your own, in peace.
Premier League Supporting Mates on 12:02 - Mar 9 with 2768 viewsTacticalR

Their view reminds me of what Chamberlain said about Czechoslovakia in the 30s: 'a far away country' with a 'people of whom we know nothing'.

Air hostess clique

Premier League Supporting Mates on 12:11 - Mar 9 with 2748 viewsMonahoop

Ask many 'supporters' of these big clubs like Man Utd who are they playing next and I'll bet they won't know. They are often astounded when you give them the answer. Vain, shallow bandwagoners the lot of them.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Premier League Supporting Mates on 12:12 - Mar 9 with 2745 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I don't talk to them. We don't follow the same sport.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Premier League Supporting Mates on 12:22 - Mar 9 with 2707 viewsTacticalR

True Geordie's view of the Championship (first two minutes)

Air hostess clique

Premier League Supporting Mates on 12:27 - Mar 9 with 2698 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Premier League Supporting Mates on 12:22 - Mar 9 by TacticalR

Not a fan of these YouTube blog things, but that was quite amusing.
Premier League Supporting Mates on 13:01 - Mar 9 with 2641 viewsstowmarketrange

Premier League Supporting Mates on 12:22 - Mar 9 by TacticalR

Why does he think his fabulous team ended up in our league then?
Another f@cking muppet who thinks they are too big for the championship.Let him and his ilk bugger off and struggle in the top league again next season.W@nker.
Premier League Supporting Mates on 14:19 - Mar 9 with 2523 viewsTacticalR

@stowmarketrange 'muppet who thinks they are too big for the championship'

No doubt about it (and he's certainly not trying to hide it). He's given up doing match videos as he considers the Championship so insignificant.

Having said that, there is something absurd about a manager who's won La Liga, the UEFA Cup and the Champions League having to mastermind results against Burton, Rotherham etc.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Premier League Supporting Mates on 14:23 - Mar 9 with 2509 viewsLowerloftLad

Premier League Supporting Mates on 14:19 - Mar 9 by TacticalR

@stowmarketrange 'muppet who thinks they are too big for the championship'

No doubt about it (and he's certainly not trying to hide it). He's given up doing match videos as he considers the Championship so insignificant.

Having said that, there is something absurd about a manager who's won La Liga, the UEFA Cup and the Champions League having to mastermind results against Burton, Rotherham etc.

I hate watching a team struggle to knock a ball around the reason you dont see this is becasue newcaslte are so bad in the premier league you never see them with the ball to see them struggling even the season we went down we managed to beat them

[Post edited 9 Mar 2017 14:32]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Premier League Supporting Mates on 14:29 - Mar 9 with 2494 viewsrobith

Premier League Supporting Mates on 11:29 - Mar 9 by hoof_hearted

Don't make the mistake of thinking they're interested. Bore them rigid with detailed reports on the last home game and great young players they've never heard of. You'll soon be on your own, in peace.

This is my go to (and let's face it, even amongst QPR fans, my default position anyway). They soon bog off.

Another good one - start talking about aspects of their ground which you have been to but they have invariably not to see if they slink off or try to blag they've been
Premier League Supporting Mates on 16:36 - Mar 9 with 2377 viewslondonscottish

I was talking to a young bloke recently who wasn't actually born when the Prem started.

It was round the time when Brentford came to ours and I was discussing the game and slowly became aware that he was looking at me with incredulity. The fact that I supported QPR (and went to games) and my boss supported Brentford (and went to games) was, frankly, beyond him.

He of course grew up in Queens Park, "supports" Arse and doesn't go to any games.

I blame the parents.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2017 16:37]

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Premier League Supporting Mates on 17:04 - Mar 9 with 2319 viewsNorthernr

Football becoming hip and trendy has created a veritable cnts parade of people that various situations in life force me to be in the vicinity of.

1 - Monday night 7 a side football league at Finsbury Park, where one of the nastier pricks in a team of needlessly violent, gobby arsholes plays in a blue Arsenal away shirt from around 1994 to show what a proper long term supporter he is. Not, it should be said, proper and long term enough not to play 7 a side on a Monday night in his Arsenal shirt while Arsenal are playing a match, sometimes only three quarters of a mile away, on the television. Now I know Arsenal tickets are expensive and blah blah blah but firstly I get offered bloody tickets to their boring home games for free more often than I do spares at QPR because half the seats in that space ship are corporate season tickets that nobody uses. And if you can't get one of those then you watch it on the tv. And if you haven't got Sky then you go to the pub to watch it. And if you can't afford the pub or don't have one near you showing it you listen to it or stream it on the internet. And if you have no internet you listen to it on the radio. Otherwise take that fcking shirt off you mug. And if I snap his leg, I'm the one in the wrong.

2 - The Chelsea fan at work who calls them "The Chels". Occasionally I get cornered in a lift with this guy who will talk about "the blue boys" latest win before enquiring "are you still going to QPR?"as if following a football club is something you just pick up and drop whenever you feel like it. And I'll say yes and he'll ask where we're going this weekend and I'll say Leeds and he'll say crikey and shake his head as if Leeds is on the fcking moon and the idea of going there to watch your football team play is as horrficly unthinkable as locking your kids in the house and setting the place on fire. "Do you go to every game then?" he'll say. He asks me this every time. I think he's asked me it 36 times in the six years I've worked here. And I'll say yes. And he'll laugh and shake his head, as if I've just told him I'm a Scientologist. Occasionally (twice in the six years) he'll attend a match himself at "The Chels" owing to some corporate hospitality becoming available, which will provoke a three week long monologue about "The Chels" being broadcast around the office so everybody knows he's going to see "The Chels". And if I pushed him down the fire escape, I'd be the one in the wrong apparently.

3 - The 'second team' brigade. Loads of these back home who go to watch Scunthorpe, Grimsby or Hull all week but are "actually Chelsea/Liverpool/Man Utd" fans. There they sit, every week, at an actual professional football club, while apparently "supporting" another. "Liverpool and Hull City" it will say on their Twitter profiles. THEY'RE IN THE SAME LEAGUE YOU COMPLETE FCKING HELMET. Of course when Liverpool come to Hull the fact that you were born in Hull, brought up in Hull, attend all the Hull games, have a Hull season ticket, and a Hull home shirt, and a house in Hull, and have been to Liverpool once in your life on a coach trip for a pre-season friendly with Inter Milan goes out of the window and you immediately become a passionate Liverpool supporter, desperately hoping they beat the team you go to watch every week. I cope with the existence of these people by thinking about whatever grim cancer or high speed car crash will eventually kill them. We were having a post match drink in the Green a few years ago watching MOTD after a midweek fixture and a guy there wanted to know who our "Premier League team was". We said "we're QPR fans" and he said he knew, but as they weren't in the Premier League who was our "Premier League team". And if I'd glassed him in the face I'd have been the one in the wrong.

I'll come back to this. I'm going out for some air.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Premier League Supporting Mates on 17:10 - Mar 9 with 2293 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Premier League Supporting Mates on 17:04 - Mar 9 by Northernr

Football becoming hip and trendy has created a veritable cnts parade of people that various situations in life force me to be in the vicinity of.

1 - Monday night 7 a side football league at Finsbury Park, where one of the nastier pricks in a team of needlessly violent, gobby arsholes plays in a blue Arsenal away shirt from around 1994 to show what a proper long term supporter he is. Not, it should be said, proper and long term enough not to play 7 a side on a Monday night in his Arsenal shirt while Arsenal are playing a match, sometimes only three quarters of a mile away, on the television. Now I know Arsenal tickets are expensive and blah blah blah but firstly I get offered bloody tickets to their boring home games for free more often than I do spares at QPR because half the seats in that space ship are corporate season tickets that nobody uses. And if you can't get one of those then you watch it on the tv. And if you haven't got Sky then you go to the pub to watch it. And if you can't afford the pub or don't have one near you showing it you listen to it or stream it on the internet. And if you have no internet you listen to it on the radio. Otherwise take that fcking shirt off you mug. And if I snap his leg, I'm the one in the wrong.

2 - The Chelsea fan at work who calls them "The Chels". Occasionally I get cornered in a lift with this guy who will talk about "the blue boys" latest win before enquiring "are you still going to QPR?"as if following a football club is something you just pick up and drop whenever you feel like it. And I'll say yes and he'll ask where we're going this weekend and I'll say Leeds and he'll say crikey and shake his head as if Leeds is on the fcking moon and the idea of going there to watch your football team play is as horrficly unthinkable as locking your kids in the house and setting the place on fire. "Do you go to every game then?" he'll say. He asks me this every time. I think he's asked me it 36 times in the six years I've worked here. And I'll say yes. And he'll laugh and shake his head, as if I've just told him I'm a Scientologist. Occasionally (twice in the six years) he'll attend a match himself at "The Chels" owing to some corporate hospitality becoming available, which will provoke a three week long monologue about "The Chels" being broadcast around the office so everybody knows he's going to see "The Chels". And if I pushed him down the fire escape, I'd be the one in the wrong apparently.

3 - The 'second team' brigade. Loads of these back home who go to watch Scunthorpe, Grimsby or Hull all week but are "actually Chelsea/Liverpool/Man Utd" fans. There they sit, every week, at an actual professional football club, while apparently "supporting" another. "Liverpool and Hull City" it will say on their Twitter profiles. THEY'RE IN THE SAME LEAGUE YOU COMPLETE FCKING HELMET. Of course when Liverpool come to Hull the fact that you were born in Hull, brought up in Hull, attend all the Hull games, have a Hull season ticket, and a Hull home shirt, and a house in Hull, and have been to Liverpool once in your life on a coach trip for a pre-season friendly with Inter Milan goes out of the window and you immediately become a passionate Liverpool supporter, desperately hoping they beat the team you go to watch every week. I cope with the existence of these people by thinking about whatever grim cancer or high speed car crash will eventually kill them. We were having a post match drink in the Green a few years ago watching MOTD after a midweek fixture and a guy there wanted to know who our "Premier League team was". We said "we're QPR fans" and he said he knew, but as they weren't in the Premier League who was our "Premier League team". And if I'd glassed him in the face I'd have been the one in the wrong.

That, boys and girls, is how to rant.
Premier League Supporting Mates on 17:11 - Mar 9 with 2285 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Premier League Supporting Mates on 14:29 - Mar 9 by robith

This is my go to (and let's face it, even amongst QPR fans, my default position anyway). They soon bog off.

Another good one - start talking about aspects of their ground which you have been to but they have invariably not to see if they slink off or try to blag they've been

My favourite thing to do is make it very clear to Chelsea 'fans' that I've been to their ground more times than them.
Premier League Supporting Mates on 17:36 - Mar 9 with 2215 viewsHarbour

Working with scum fans who have never been to the dump in Fulham palace rd
Premier League Supporting Mates on 17:39 - Mar 9 with 2209 viewsrobith

Related to Clive's post which I won't quote for length sake, but it really grinds my gears that I am unable to appreciate Barcelona, one of the greatest teams of all time, because of the amount of know nothing, phone stream watching Barca "fans" from the north west London suburbs who act like they grew up in El Raval .
Premier League Supporting Mates on 20:05 - Mar 9 with 2098 viewsNoDiddley

Premier League Supporting Mates on 17:10 - Mar 9 by BazzaInTheLoft

That, boys and girls, is how to rant.

Half Scarves were made for these cnts.
Premier League Supporting Mates on 20:58 - Mar 9 with 2028 viewsBoston

My favourite, ABSOLUTELY never be beaten favourite, comes from a conversation I had with a Man Utd fan about 25 / 26 years ago. It was a Saturday night, in those days it was quite common to have to wait for an early edition of the Sunday papers before we got the facts on the fixtures. I'm around at this chaps house and he suddenly announces he's shooting off down to a local petrol station that gets the Sundays delivered around 10.30pm. Ten minutes later he rushes in, paper open at appropriate pages shouting out the United score and crowing that Ogee got the goal. Not being much interested in the goings on in Salford I shrugged and got on with whatever it was I doing. Later on,when he'd fcked off to annoy someone else, I picked up the paper and started perusing the days results and indeed Man Utd had won by a single goal that day, an og.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2017 20:59]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Premier League Supporting Mates on 21:39 - Mar 9 with 1974 viewsLoftusR

Premier League Supporting Mates on 17:04 - Mar 9 by Northernr

I play at the Sobel in Finsbury Park, always wear a qpr shirt. Always get a few funny looks . Anyway my local pub is 70% Arsenal / 30 % spurs. If you go in on a match day the same 20 / 30 blokes will be in there watching the TVs (in their club shirts). I have never known any of them ever attend a game.

Ask them why and they say I used to go back in the day but can't afford it now / it's gone all corporate blah blah. You can however afford to spend 10 hours in the pub I think. I am the only one in the pub who ever goes to a game. Then you get the "got a lot of respect" for you going to qpr every week. I don't need your respect you arrogant twt, I just support my team. I might have some respect for you if you did the same. Oh and I can get a bus from outside this pub and be at WHL in 20 mins or the Emirates in 15 and you still don't go.
Premier League Supporting Mates on 08:31 - Mar 10 with 1830 viewspaulparker

talking of this I have a complete moron who supports Liverpool in my office
I love to goad him and wind him up , its something on the lines of how poor Klopp is and how brilliant Bredan Rodgers was , anyway the bloke was getting louder and louder in his whining yesterday as I was saying how much Klopp chokes in the big games he was going no way he is class , and I said you choked in 2 finals last year
this fcuking idiot went "what finals, we never got to any finals"
I said do you actually have a clue what your talking about you were in the Europa league and league cup , he went "yeah but they don't count, mickey mouse cups they are"
I said your a bell end and walked off , and this is a man who is 55 years old who reckons he has followed the club through thick & thin

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Premier League Supporting Mates on 08:38 - Mar 10 with 1823 viewsbaldyhoop

Premier League Supporting Mates on 08:31 - Mar 10 by paulparker

talking of this I have a complete moron who supports Liverpool in my office
I love to goad him and wind him up , its something on the lines of how poor Klopp is and how brilliant Bredan Rodgers was , anyway the bloke was getting louder and louder in his whining yesterday as I was saying how much Klopp chokes in the big games he was going no way he is class , and I said you choked in 2 finals last year
this fcuking idiot went "what finals, we never got to any finals"
I said do you actually have a clue what your talking about you were in the Europa league and league cup , he went "yeah but they don't count, mickey mouse cups they are"
I said your a bell end and walked off , and this is a man who is 55 years old who reckons he has followed the club through thick & thin

This is the best thread in ages - resonates. Best rant ever - thanks Clive ... laughed last night, and again this morning. Quality
Premier League Supporting Mates on 09:35 - Mar 10 with 1763 viewsterryb

I know I'm in a minority but before walking out at work last November I worked with a follower of that lot down the road & still meet him for a drink & was very happy to talk football with him!

He has the opposite profile to most of them though! Started watching them in '70 & was a regular until moving to Felixstowein the '90's. Family & finance mean that he has not been to a game in the Russian's reign. Of course, he takes the piss out of my Rangers connections, but this is due to old rivallry & expects me to reciprocate.

This means that we can get the crap out of the way & then discuss football & our two teams properly. And yes, he was at LR for a cerrtain 6-0 game!
[Post edited 10 Mar 2017 9:59]
Premier League Supporting Mates on 09:52 - Mar 10 with 1742 viewsWadR

At my South London school in the late 90s/early 00s, lunchtime football games were often organised according to the team you supported. As this was pre-monied Ibramovich Chelsea, and the height of Wenger's successful years, Arsenal fans outnumbered all others 5:1. Of course, only a couple had ever been to Highbury, and some I don't think had been across the river.

Even as massive underdogs by virtue of numerical disadvantage, I fancied our chances. The best player in the year was a West Ham fan and there was a Rangers season ticket holder who was a fantastic goalkeeper.

Imagine my dismay, as I noticed as we were about to kick off that the Rangers season ticket holder was in goal for the Arsenal side. I asked him why he wasn't on our side and he claimed he supported both and that he picked Arsenal because QPr were rubbish.

Think we lost 5-0 and that week I got more sh t than normal about supporting "quite possibly relegated" etc.
Premier League Supporting Mates on 10:34 - Mar 10 with 1691 viewsKonk

My favourite was a Man Utd fan from work asking me what division we were in about two weeks after we’d played them at the Cottage in the league. We’d been in the PL for about seven seasons at that point. Man Utd wallpaper on his desktop, chats about Man Utd for about two hours every Monday morning, is obsessed with fantasy league, but he was genuinely surprised that we were in the same division. Weird.

A Liverpool fan asked me what I was doing with some holiday I’d booked off work, I told him I was going to Rome to watch Fulham and he said, “Isn’t it on the telly, then?”. Cos, why would you go to Rome for a few days with your mates to watch your team play Roma at the Stadio Olimpico when you could watch it on your sofa in your replica shirt with a few cans of beer and a pizza? I guess you either get it or you don’t. If you don’t go, you don’t know, which is why our equaliser against Leeds in the 5th minute of stoppage time the other night probably gave me a bigger buzz than your average Armchair fan experiences when they win a cup or the league. Told the same Liverpool fan I couldn't take him seriously when he was slating Roy the Boy as he'd never even been to the city of Liverpool. He asked how that was relevant, I told him his opinion wasn't relevant because he was a plastic tw at and flounced off to the bogs. If you're gonna slag Roy around me, you've got to be prepared for a petty below the belt dig and a dramatic flounce.

Since our relegation, I’ve had a few people seem stunned that I should still be interested in going to watch Fulham in the Championship.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Premier League Supporting Mates on 13:34 - Mar 10 with 1635 viewsNoDiddley

How about this nob?
Got taken over by a new company & this fella rocks up to introduce himself to me. See's the QPR on my screen save, hard hat, mouse mat etc.
"What division you in now?"
"Championship" I reply, then we go on to have a work related conversation. At the end of it he says "By the way Im an Aston Villa fan"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024