Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Seems Tony is planning something?? 18:34 - Aug 27 with 22725 viewsdermyqpr

Taken from a post by an Irish R;

I see uncle Tony and his cronies are increasing the share holding of the club. To the untrained financial eye this looks like the club will receive a cash injection. To those that know business it's a clever move to spread the debt the club is currently in. But the board wrote of that debt I hear you say, true but not true, in fact by increasing the shareholding it spreads the debt and gets the club ready for putting in the shop window. The sooner we are sold the better but who is going to buy a club that is on the brink. Worrying times ahead.
Seems Tony is planning something?? on 16:24 - Aug 30 with 2495 viewspaulparker

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 15:59 - Aug 30 by Tonto

answering the question with a question? Ok I'll answer yours but only if you answer the original one on where your evidence is for your significant claims.

No I don't think he will want to blow money. for 2 reasons, firstly it is now Tune Group and no longer his personal money and secondly because, as Clive points out in his piece about the Linfield winger, that the club lost £11M last year. Next year, with no parachute payments and the year after, we cannot go more than £26M into debt otherwise we will face more FFP charges and get an embargo (see Bolton)

ok first up what outlandish claims have I said against QPR's greatest chairman ??

secondly your telling me stuff I already know, we have no money because he wasted it ,
250 million of it and more to be precise , I know we cannot go out and spend millions !!
and nor do I want us to ,

if you read what ive said , Imo it must kill him not to be a part of this transfer circus
could you imagine if by some miracle under him we were still in the premier league, could you imagine him tomorrow lining up this deal and that and getting his face all over sky sports news , how many years did he do that for ?? how many times was he a part of previous transfer circuses,
its only through his incompetence that we are now seeing this club run properly ,
something he should have done in the first place ,
but he will come along and some point and stick his orr in either through a newspaper article or through twitter like he normally does
just think with all of the money he has wasted we could have built 2 training academies by now and had some left over possibly to help build a new stadium

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 16:28 - Aug 30 with 2479 viewsWatfordR

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 15:19 - Aug 30 by paulparker

so he hasn't made a pig ear of things then & he hasn't spunked more than 250 million
all of this whilst we have been pathetically relegated under two premier league seasons under his ownership, what part of any of that isn't correct

Specifically, you said:

"he is stepping away from the limelight because he has bolloxed us up" - your opinion. You have no proof as to why he has stepped down as sole chairman.

"he would have been dying to be involved tomorrow with Harry lining up crap deals and blowing millions on sh1t over the hill players" - your opinion. You have no proof that your statement is correct.

"it kills him that we are not like that anymore" - your opinion. You have no proof that your statement is correct

"we are one tweet away from les and & co probably getting the sack or undoing all the great work they have done" - your opinion. You have no proof that your statement is correct.

"we are not being run "properly" because tony has seen the light its because we have to meet FFP" - your opinion. You have no proof that your statement is correct,, although in fairness, it would be stupid to ignore a possible problem re FFP and carry on spending regardless. However, that really wouldn't worry an ego maniac if that's what he wanted to do.

"we are skint having ballsed up 2 premier league campaigns and lost 250 million" - our owners have converted the majority of the debts run up into equity, so although money was lost, it's not the club's loss. As I said before, we are not profitable and haven't been since Jim Gregory owned us.

So to summarise, almost all your post was opinion which you were trying to present as fact. Ironically to people you reckon are "gullible".
[Post edited 30 Aug 2017 16:32]
Seems Tony is planning something?? on 16:31 - Aug 30 with 2474 viewsDorse

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 16:24 - Aug 30 by paulparker

ok first up what outlandish claims have I said against QPR's greatest chairman ??

secondly your telling me stuff I already know, we have no money because he wasted it ,
250 million of it and more to be precise , I know we cannot go out and spend millions !!
and nor do I want us to ,

if you read what ive said , Imo it must kill him not to be a part of this transfer circus
could you imagine if by some miracle under him we were still in the premier league, could you imagine him tomorrow lining up this deal and that and getting his face all over sky sports news , how many years did he do that for ?? how many times was he a part of previous transfer circuses,
its only through his incompetence that we are now seeing this club run properly ,
something he should have done in the first place ,
but he will come along and some point and stick his orr in either through a newspaper article or through twitter like he normally does
just think with all of the money he has wasted we could have built 2 training academies by now and had some left over possibly to help build a new stadium

Yes, but a fair amount of that was spent on sorting the water pressure in the Ellerslie Road bogs and finding a top-flight Equipment Monitorer.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2017 16:31]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 17:40 - Aug 30 with 2378 viewsstevec

He's just been one of the questions on Pointless 'starred with Zippy and George on children's TV series Rainbow'.

Low score too
Seems Tony is planning something?? on 17:51 - Aug 30 with 2347 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 15:43 - Aug 30 by CroydonCaptJack

I prefer Danes version. It's a lot better-informed.

Shame it cost half a billion and is several years too late!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 18:26 - Aug 30 with 2274 viewsdanehoop

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 17:51 - Aug 30 by PlanetHonneywood

Shame it cost half a billion and is several years too late!

Apologies if my narrative doesn't fit what some want to believe, but the reality is that he followed awhat had been a proven business model for him, which he then discovered doesn't work so well in the world of British football when some managers such as Hughes and Redknapp will squander riches happily given the opportunity. He personally and Tune group have lost over £250m in discovering that. But the important thing is that they chose to make it their wealth and not the clubs debt. There in lies the big difference between Fernandes and many other owners out there.

He isn't malicious, he isn't out to screw the club and despite the nonsense abuse he gets on social media from mouth breathers, he remains fundamentally a decent man.

Never knowingly understood

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 18:38 - Aug 30 with 2241 viewsWatfordR

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 18:26 - Aug 30 by danehoop

Apologies if my narrative doesn't fit what some want to believe, but the reality is that he followed awhat had been a proven business model for him, which he then discovered doesn't work so well in the world of British football when some managers such as Hughes and Redknapp will squander riches happily given the opportunity. He personally and Tune group have lost over £250m in discovering that. But the important thing is that they chose to make it their wealth and not the clubs debt. There in lies the big difference between Fernandes and many other owners out there.

He isn't malicious, he isn't out to screw the club and despite the nonsense abuse he gets on social media from mouth breathers, he remains fundamentally a decent man.

Well said
Seems Tony is planning something?? on 21:13 - Aug 30 with 2138 viewsNW10Hoop

He seems like a decent chap to me too. I really hope he doesn't feel hounded out of the club by those who get at him on Twitter.

He clearly holds dear the version of QPR that people have told him about - the QPR of the mid-70s, the late 80s, early nineties, the 2003/4 team. He wasn't even there but he he's passionate about it. I really like that.

His and the club's reaction to Grenfell has been so heartwarming. This and the Forever Rs stuff is really lovely, genuinely proud of the club for this.

Supporting QPR isn't about glory, he's learned that and he's learned to love the club anyways. Even if it wasn't his first intention he's overseen QPR getting our soul back after the Briatore years. I'll remember these things far more than our league positions from season to season.
Login to get fewer ads

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 21:24 - Aug 30 with 2113 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 21:13 - Aug 30 by NW10Hoop

He seems like a decent chap to me too. I really hope he doesn't feel hounded out of the club by those who get at him on Twitter.

He clearly holds dear the version of QPR that people have told him about - the QPR of the mid-70s, the late 80s, early nineties, the 2003/4 team. He wasn't even there but he he's passionate about it. I really like that.

His and the club's reaction to Grenfell has been so heartwarming. This and the Forever Rs stuff is really lovely, genuinely proud of the club for this.

Supporting QPR isn't about glory, he's learned that and he's learned to love the club anyways. Even if it wasn't his first intention he's overseen QPR getting our soul back after the Briatore years. I'll remember these things far more than our league positions from season to season.

superb post mate.
Seems Tony is planning something?? on 22:59 - Aug 30 with 1896 viewsBoston

Yes

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 01:41 - Aug 31 with 1806 viewsPunteR

Proven business model? . What like Caterham?
Im amazed how TF gets away with it.
Ok its better the devil you know but TF is accountable for the obscene amount of money chucked away for , lets face it , his own business ventures.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 02:24 - Aug 31 with 1790 viewsBoston

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 01:41 - Aug 31 by PunteR

Proven business model? . What like Caterham?
Im amazed how TF gets away with it.
Ok its better the devil you know but TF is accountable for the obscene amount of money chucked away for , lets face it , his own business ventures.

But he's cuddly, rollie pollie, wants to be one of the lads, even attempts to rub off the plummy accent...West Ham knt though, eh?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 03:21 - Aug 31 with 1773 viewsPunteR

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 02:24 - Aug 31 by Boston

But he's cuddly, rollie pollie, wants to be one of the lads, even attempts to rub off the plummy accent...West Ham knt though, eh?

He used to live on the uxbridge rd dont ya know.

If he sells the club lets hope he does genuinely care about our future enough to sell to someone who has our best interest at heart.

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 06:13 - Aug 31 with 1713 viewsWatfordR

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 03:21 - Aug 31 by PunteR

He used to live on the uxbridge rd dont ya know.

If he sells the club lets hope he does genuinely care about our future enough to sell to someone who has our best interest at heart.

Oh please!!! Like who?
Seems Tony is planning something?? on 07:20 - Aug 31 with 1646 viewsQPR_John

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 06:13 - Aug 31 by WatfordR

Oh please!!! Like who?

If the club is being set up to be sold then FFP will have to be settled fairly soon if not already
Seems Tony is planning something?? on 08:04 - Aug 31 with 1590 viewsPhildo

A spirited defense of TF and certainly some merit in some of what you say. No doubt he is a nice guy to have a beer with- but running my club? I would rather have a beer with him than Levy for example but I might learn a bit more about successfully running a club from the latter.

It is very hard to look at him from a business point of view and defend the way the club was run other than to say he seems a nice enough bloke (perhaps with some narcissistic qualities but that is nothing new in football or the public eye).

The fundamental argument you make is that he applied the wrong business model based on experience elsewhere but I cannot agree that he did that. Since the day he took over he has run the club as a sort of twitterocracy. We have had drastic changes of direction each time the pressure has built up on social media. Is that how to he ran an airline? I don't think so.

We will know if they are selling when the fine gets sorted. With a liability like that hanging over it it is very hard to see how it could be sold in the interim.

We have made very little structural progress in the period they (he and his partners) have owned the club. The one big plus I would actually award them is they bought a club that had been really traumatised by it experience with various Italians and vertically challenged dwarf billionaires and was suffering a crisis of identity. It has been showing signs of recovering from that and has started to do things that make me proud again rather than embarrassed.

Its always darkest before dawn could be the new club motto!
Seems Tony is planning something?? on 09:40 - Aug 31 with 1499 viewspaulparker

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 16:28 - Aug 30 by WatfordR

Specifically, you said:

"he is stepping away from the limelight because he has bolloxed us up" - your opinion. You have no proof as to why he has stepped down as sole chairman.

"he would have been dying to be involved tomorrow with Harry lining up crap deals and blowing millions on sh1t over the hill players" - your opinion. You have no proof that your statement is correct.

"it kills him that we are not like that anymore" - your opinion. You have no proof that your statement is correct

"we are one tweet away from les and & co probably getting the sack or undoing all the great work they have done" - your opinion. You have no proof that your statement is correct.

"we are not being run "properly" because tony has seen the light its because we have to meet FFP" - your opinion. You have no proof that your statement is correct,, although in fairness, it would be stupid to ignore a possible problem re FFP and carry on spending regardless. However, that really wouldn't worry an ego maniac if that's what he wanted to do.

"we are skint having ballsed up 2 premier league campaigns and lost 250 million" - our owners have converted the majority of the debts run up into equity, so although money was lost, it's not the club's loss. As I said before, we are not profitable and haven't been since Jim Gregory owned us.

So to summarise, almost all your post was opinion which you were trying to present as fact. Ironically to people you reckon are "gullible".
[Post edited 30 Aug 2017 16:32]

you do know that all message boards are 90% opinions don't you ? I never said FACT to anything ,

but shall we will address a few issues in the meantime

cast your mind back a few seasons ago to when the great revolution of QPR started , the old QPR is coming back, we are doing things the right way now , etc blah blah that spiel came from Tony , we got chris ramsey he was going to oversee this new dawn
3 months in and TF is tweeting away about promotion is everything , a week later he is appointing Warnock as an advisor a few weeks later ramsey is sacked if that's not undermining Les I don't know what is , even last season TF started tweeting away about JFH a couple of days later the fella is sacked , he started tweeting about dream managers before les had started the interview process don't forget
and if you cast your mind back further he started tweeting about giving harry redknapp a 2 years contract when we were struggling in the prem, then retracted it
the bloke cannot help himself , that's why we are only one tweet away from the sh1t hitting the fan , he has previous ,

and he has stepped away because he is out of his depth he has been out of his depth since day one of walking into the club , 2 premier league relegations , millions upon millions wasted , agents fees through the roof , poor managerial appointments, letting Beard and chums do what they like , the man has been a disaster for the club , to me that's called ballsing things up

you talk about Jim Gregory and turning a profit but that was over 30 years since he left footballs changed , even Thompson (who I hate) turned a profit and at least he got top money for our players , under the guru fernades we let a 20 goal a season striker leave and let his contract run down for 4 million , we didn't even turn a profit on Remy
when Chelsea came calling
Briatore like him or not and I don't would never have let that happen, if he had stayed we may have been a Watford who knows, but at least he tried to run things as a business and make us profitable and again I cannot stand the bloke but he would never have wasted 250 million
TF is like chris wright , utterly clueless and inept , his handling of the land re OOC is so amateurish and embarrassing for the club

TF like all chairman or owners is out for himself , he had a vision for OOC a 40k seater Air Asia stadium filled with johnny come latelys and starbucks , the reality is he has fcuked up, he tried to sprint before he could run there was no plan , there was no strategy he like chris wright has maybe put the club back another 10 years just when the TV money was getting huge , Watford, Bournemouth, stoke , Brighton, WBA, Burnley , Brentford Huddersfield, crystal palace are a million miles in front of us , in terms of on the pitch and off the pitch
the common dominator is they all have owners who know what the fcuk they are doing
let that sink in for a while

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 09:57 - Aug 31 with 1459 viewsTonto

Two things PP:

We did make a profit on Remy. It may not have been much, but this was due to release clause. I doubt we would have got him in the first place without the clause. Even so, it was about £0.5M profit, plus the fee we charged Newcastle (from memory over £1M). not bad for a player who only played 16 games for us.

Secondly, you make statements as if they are fact. If they are you opinion, it would help if you said "in my opinion" at the start. Its why they say "allegedly" a lot on HIGNFY... as it gets them around liable laws. You need to learn that lesson.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 10:00 - Aug 31 with 1451 viewsAntti_Heinola

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 17:40 - Aug 30 by stevec

He's just been one of the questions on Pointless 'starred with Zippy and George on children's TV series Rainbow'.

Low score too

I wouldn't open with it, steve.

Bare bones.

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 10:04 - Aug 31 with 1434 viewsPunteR

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 06:13 - Aug 31 by WatfordR

Oh please!!! Like who?

No idea mate but isnt that what this thread started out about.?

Look, we all agree on most things on TF - he royally ballsed up. He's a nice guy. Things are better now he's not interfering and letting the club be run by QPR people.
No one disagrees with that.

If he left tomorrow can you honestly say he was a success?
Lets see how this season pans out .
He is afterall a trigger happy chairman.

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 10:11 - Aug 31 with 1414 viewsAntti_Heinola

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 10:04 - Aug 31 by PunteR

No idea mate but isnt that what this thread started out about.?

Look, we all agree on most things on TF - he royally ballsed up. He's a nice guy. Things are better now he's not interfering and letting the club be run by QPR people.
No one disagrees with that.

If he left tomorrow can you honestly say he was a success?
Lets see how this season pans out .
He is afterall a trigger happy chairman.

A trigger happy chairman - perfect for our trigger happy fanbase ;)

Bare bones.

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 10:12 - Aug 31 with 1408 viewsstevec

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 09:40 - Aug 31 by paulparker

you do know that all message boards are 90% opinions don't you ? I never said FACT to anything ,

but shall we will address a few issues in the meantime

cast your mind back a few seasons ago to when the great revolution of QPR started , the old QPR is coming back, we are doing things the right way now , etc blah blah that spiel came from Tony , we got chris ramsey he was going to oversee this new dawn
3 months in and TF is tweeting away about promotion is everything , a week later he is appointing Warnock as an advisor a few weeks later ramsey is sacked if that's not undermining Les I don't know what is , even last season TF started tweeting away about JFH a couple of days later the fella is sacked , he started tweeting about dream managers before les had started the interview process don't forget
and if you cast your mind back further he started tweeting about giving harry redknapp a 2 years contract when we were struggling in the prem, then retracted it
the bloke cannot help himself , that's why we are only one tweet away from the sh1t hitting the fan , he has previous ,

and he has stepped away because he is out of his depth he has been out of his depth since day one of walking into the club , 2 premier league relegations , millions upon millions wasted , agents fees through the roof , poor managerial appointments, letting Beard and chums do what they like , the man has been a disaster for the club , to me that's called ballsing things up

you talk about Jim Gregory and turning a profit but that was over 30 years since he left footballs changed , even Thompson (who I hate) turned a profit and at least he got top money for our players , under the guru fernades we let a 20 goal a season striker leave and let his contract run down for 4 million , we didn't even turn a profit on Remy
when Chelsea came calling
Briatore like him or not and I don't would never have let that happen, if he had stayed we may have been a Watford who knows, but at least he tried to run things as a business and make us profitable and again I cannot stand the bloke but he would never have wasted 250 million
TF is like chris wright , utterly clueless and inept , his handling of the land re OOC is so amateurish and embarrassing for the club

TF like all chairman or owners is out for himself , he had a vision for OOC a 40k seater Air Asia stadium filled with johnny come latelys and starbucks , the reality is he has fcuked up, he tried to sprint before he could run there was no plan , there was no strategy he like chris wright has maybe put the club back another 10 years just when the TV money was getting huge , Watford, Bournemouth, stoke , Brighton, WBA, Burnley , Brentford Huddersfield, crystal palace are a million miles in front of us , in terms of on the pitch and off the pitch
the common dominator is they all have owners who know what the fcuk they are doing
let that sink in for a while

Difficult to argue with that really.

The one thing in his favour, big time, is he has always put his hand in his own pocket. But now he's decided he's not doing that any more, understandably, what is it exactly that he offers the club for the future other than stagnation?

The only thing I can think of is at least enough money to finance the smaller losses that will continue whilst the club continues to shrink. If he goes it could get worse but if he stays it's hard to see how we will improve, certainly on his showing so far.
Seems Tony is planning something?? on 10:16 - Aug 31 with 1393 viewssmegma

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 23:55 - Aug 27 by PunteR

Tony has been an absolute shambles.
New stadium?
New training facilities?
Self sustainability?
We've now only started looking like we're doing things right because we're not spending any money. We've blown it all.
We've gone backwards since TF walked through the door. We nearly ended up in L1 last season after spending a quarter of a billion pounds..
Yes theres some shady people running football clubs up and down the country but surely it doesn't come much more shambolic than TF. ?
The best thing he's done is appoint Hoos and Ferdinand to sort out his/Hughes/Redknaps mess and plus getting the badge back.

I dont really understand all the finances but doesn't the club
Cost £200 mill more now as the debt has been turned into equity. ???

TF doesn't pick the team,so nearly getting relegated is down to Holloway surely??
Seems Tony is planning something?? on 10:21 - Aug 31 with 1390 viewsPunteR

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 10:12 - Aug 31 by stevec

Difficult to argue with that really.

The one thing in his favour, big time, is he has always put his hand in his own pocket. But now he's decided he's not doing that any more, understandably, what is it exactly that he offers the club for the future other than stagnation?

The only thing I can think of is at least enough money to finance the smaller losses that will continue whilst the club continues to shrink. If he goes it could get worse but if he stays it's hard to see how we will improve, certainly on his showing so far.

Good post ^.

Seems Tony is planning something?? on 10:25 - Aug 31 with 1381 viewssmegma

I've been a shareholder for 21 years and still waiting to make a profit on my shares, so in a way, I'm just like Tony
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024