Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In Jan, where do we need to improve most? 22:41 - Oct 4 with 10930 viewsTonyHongKong

In Jan, where do we need to improve most?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: In Jan, where do we need to improve most?

In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 20:38 - Oct 5 with 1600 viewsNorthernr

In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 17:42 - Oct 5 by BushRanger82

Sorry, still don't get it.
New rules, or no new rules.
Simply tells me, that even if we return to the hell that is the premier league, the only fookers we'd be allowed to compete with financially, would be fooking Burnley, thereby ensuring yet another torturous short stint watching us make up the numbers and.....Well, that's it really.

Smacks of stitch-up, to me.

Well. Short of getting the finger puppets out I'm not sure how much there is left of this conversation.
In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 20:46 - Oct 5 with 1586 viewsstevec

In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 20:38 - Oct 5 by Northernr

Well. Short of getting the finger puppets out I'm not sure how much there is left of this conversation.

Well you seem to be right, the concensus is we don't need to sign anybody we're already great.

Anyway, got to go, think nurse has let herself in with my medication.
In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 22:02 - Oct 5 with 1546 viewsdaveB

In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 20:46 - Oct 5 by stevec

Well you seem to be right, the concensus is we don't need to sign anybody we're already great.

it's not a case of not needing to sign anyone, we can all see the defence and forward line need improving but I think the club know that as well. The problem is we have a squad with around 35 players in before you even look at the under 23 prospects all on good money so until we get rid of some of those we won't be signing anyone new
In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 22:21 - Oct 5 with 1530 viewsEsox_Lucius

In January, or earlier if possible, the club need to attract a lot more supporters who wouldn't need watering twice daily if their IQ dropped a point... and get rid of those in the above category. I think Clive summarised the situation beautifully in four sentences above; We. Have. No. Money.

The grass is always greener.

In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 22:54 - Oct 5 with 1507 viewsNorthernr

In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 20:46 - Oct 5 by stevec

If that's what you've taken from this thread then you literally cannot read.
In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 22:59 - Oct 5 with 1501 viewskensalriser

Yeah but if we'd signed Ross McCormack we'd be in the playoffs now.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 09:49 - Oct 6 with 1413 viewsstevec

In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 22:54 - Oct 5 by Northernr

If that's what you've taken from this thread then you literally cannot read.

Have a look at the poll, you don't need to be able to read, see the big yellow bit.
In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 10:03 - Oct 6 with 1408 viewsDorse

I think we all need to calm down, take a deep breath, perhaps light some scented candles. And then, once we're all feeling centred, we should each quietly take a dump in a jiffy bag and send it to Harry Redknapp.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Login to get fewer ads

In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 10:14 - Oct 6 with 1400 viewsLunarJetman

In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 09:49 - Oct 6 by stevec

Have a look at the poll, you don't need to be able to read, see the big yellow bit.

8 of the 20 people who voted in the poll count for that yellow bit.... far too low a number to actually mean anything....

Plus 60% of the people who voted thought we did need more signings. You have to look at the actual data rather than just the pretty colours.....
[Post edited 6 Oct 2017 10:16]
In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 10:49 - Oct 6 with 1381 viewsTacticalR

As we can't afford anyone the existing players will have to multitask.

For example Smithies will have to run up and join the attack on every corner.

Air hostess clique

In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 11:04 - Oct 6 with 1363 viewsisawqpratwcity

In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 10:49 - Oct 6 by TacticalR

As we can't afford anyone the existing players will have to multitask.

For example Smithies will have to run up and join the attack on every corner.

QPR Goalkeeping Coach Gavin Ward: "Ok, guys, today we're going to work on our heading..."

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 11:08 - Oct 6 with 1356 viewsNorthernr

In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 11:04 - Oct 6 by isawqpratwcity

QPR Goalkeeping Coach Gavin Ward: "Ok, guys, today we're going to work on our heading..."

Might not be a bad idea. Smithies has tried two headers in his QPR career and they've both been a disaster.
In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 11:53 - Oct 6 with 1329 viewssimmo

I think we're stll yet to play anybody this season that has a bigger squad than ours. Check the back of your programmes, we need to get rid of plenty more before we sell.

Other than that - it's OCTOBER. Let's see where we are in a few months.

EDIT: Wrote this before I went through the thread and have only just stopped laughing. It's been said on here before, but some people will get the QPR they deserve. Demanding changes without being able to make one realistic suggestion or accepting the financial logistics of our repeatedly explained situation.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2017 12:56]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 12:10 - Oct 6 with 1316 viewsTacticalR

We just need to buy a Dutch club and send all our surplus players over there. It's the footballing equivalent of having an offshore account. Everyone else is doing it.

Air hostess clique

In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 12:36 - Oct 6 with 1301 viewsR_from_afar

In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 09:42 - Oct 5 by enfieldargh

its obvious too many poles

We've hit peak pole now anyway. You can only have two; west poles and east poles are filed under unicorns, griffins and affordable 20 goal a year strikers.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 12:36 - Oct 6 with 1301 viewswhittocksRs

Can we maybe try backing the players we've already got for more than a transfer window? We've got 20-odd decent first team pros on the books and need to cut back on some of the others who aren't in the plans to reduce costs. Sylla, Washington and Smith will get us enough points to keep us out of trouble, and we can then think about reinforcing the forward line next summer. There's a hell of a lot to be said for continuity.
In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 13:04 - Oct 6 with 1277 viewsLongsufferingR

In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 12:36 - Oct 6 by R_from_afar

We've hit peak pole now anyway. You can only have two; west poles and east poles are filed under unicorns, griffins and affordable 20 goal a year strikers.

RFA

Maybe we could bring back Round The Pole at half time and put the extra ones to good use?
In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 16:30 - Oct 6 with 1214 viewsstevec

In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 10:14 - Oct 6 by LunarJetman

8 of the 20 people who voted in the poll count for that yellow bit.... far too low a number to actually mean anything....

Plus 60% of the people who voted thought we did need more signings. You have to look at the actual data rather than just the pretty colours.....
[Post edited 6 Oct 2017 10:16]

Ah sorry, thought it was first past the post, not proportional representation.

Between you and me Lunarjetman,I bet all the Remoaners are in the yellow bit. Everybody who's voted for change in this poll probably didn't understand the question.

In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 18:26 - Oct 6 with 1186 viewsPinnerPaul

In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 10:30 - Oct 5 by Watford_Ranger

I'd be surprised if we hold on to all the three amigos in midfield and Smithies, who again is looking better than plenty of Prem keepers IMO. I'd have thought Luongo's stock is far higher outside the club than inside.

I don't expect that we'd reinvest it into the first team given the financial situation you've outlined, but sadly don't think we are in a position to turn down serious money for players we've paid little for.

Not so sure.

People will think if they were that good, they wouldn't be 16th, or wherever we are at the time.
In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 18:35 - Oct 6 with 1180 viewsPinnerPaul

In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 10:55 - Oct 5 by Northernr

When people talk about illogical, is it really logical for a club that's obviously short of a decent striker to not sign one, even though they can? Do we think QPR can afford a striker but just don't think they need one? Or know they need one, and can afford one, but quite like the challenge of playing without one?

I'm sure nobody would like to sign a good striker more than Holloway, Ferdinand, Hoos, Fernandes.

Well Crystal Palace wanted/needed/could afford one but managed to **** it up and not sign anyone!
In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 18:54 - Oct 6 with 1167 viewsloneranger1

In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 12:36 - Oct 6 by whittocksRs

Can we maybe try backing the players we've already got for more than a transfer window? We've got 20-odd decent first team pros on the books and need to cut back on some of the others who aren't in the plans to reduce costs. Sylla, Washington and Smith will get us enough points to keep us out of trouble, and we can then think about reinforcing the forward line next summer. There's a hell of a lot to be said for continuity.

Sounds good to me.

It doesn't seem to be mentioned on the thread yet but how come we haven't cut the squad down at all? You-d have thought Les might have said to Ollie that we seem to have a few to many wingers/central mid (nos that Cousins is coming back). Think nunbers are about right on dfence and up top but as pointed out above, Goss (and Boris ) are hardly involved. . Yeni hasn't really added anything and i also agree with people who can't see the point of lua lua (although I know he signed before Bright and Wheeler)
In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 19:02 - Oct 6 with 1162 viewsNorthernr

In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 18:54 - Oct 6 by loneranger1

Sounds good to me.

It doesn't seem to be mentioned on the thread yet but how come we haven't cut the squad down at all? You-d have thought Les might have said to Ollie that we seem to have a few to many wingers/central mid (nos that Cousins is coming back). Think nunbers are about right on dfence and up top but as pointed out above, Goss (and Boris ) are hardly involved. . Yeni hasn't really added anything and i also agree with people who can't see the point of lua lua (although I know he signed before Bright and Wheeler)

That's a product of changing manager too often, which we still do.
Big opportunity this summer, a good 12 of them out of contract including all the top earners.
But Holloway has always been a rack and stack man - remember him adding people like Richard Johnson to the squad last time he was here that we didn't need. Went for Cureton, didn't get him, signed Thorpe instead, Thorpe was great, Cureton became available, signed him anyway with money that wasn't meant to be for that, lo and behold couldn't fit Cureton in his team and we're about the only club he didn't score for consistently.
Signing Lua Lua on loan, after he'd been sht last year, then signing Wheeler and Samuel, that's silly stuff.
In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 19:18 - Oct 6 with 1153 viewsNW5Hoop

In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 10:39 - Oct 5 by stevec

I don't buy into this idea that we have to break the bank to find something a bit better than Washington or Sylla.

This is what happens when you set your benchmark at League One and its foreign equivalents. We are slowly recovering (I think) from a season and a half of this approach.

The introduction of Scowen and Freeman, both proven Championship players, has made a huge difference to midfield at little cost. Baptiste, another proven at this level, can clearly do a job. Again, cost fck all.

In fact, there are a set of players who you know will always go on the pitch looking like they belong at this level - Scowen, Freeman, Baptiste, Bidwell, Onuoha, Hall, Smithies and the common denominator is they were all proven at Championship or came from a higher level.

Where the team struggles is with the up and down level of the likes of Washington, Sylla, Furlong, Pavel who I do like a lot and, I'm sorry to say Luongo. The latter has been a lot better lately but 2 fckin years? Come on. All of these players are very good on their day, but it's the other days, the days where you may as well be playing with 8 - 10 men that we suffer. This is the stuff that puts managers heads on the line, not knowing which player will turn up.

I'd stick with Pavel and Luongo, their good days are good. But Washington and Sylla, just replace them with players who have proved themselves in the Championship, they don't even need to be prolific, just come out looking like the 7 I mentioned and naturally assume they are going to boss it on the pitch, whether they have an off day or not.

"But Washington and Sylla, just replace them with players who have proved themselves in the Championship."

As Clive keeps pointing out: with what money? Strikers are the single most expensive type of player. You can get Championship standard midfielders for relative peanuts, as we know. You can get reasonable championship defenders for relative peanuts. You can't get improvements on what we have upfront for relative peanuts, because it's strikers than win you promotion (Charlie Austin, anyone?). You have to pay real money. Hull paid £3.5m for Nouha Dicko with a goalscoring record of worse than one in three across is career, and who's never gone higher than the Championship. Middlesbrough paid £15m for a strike who can manage one in two at Championship level, Assambalonga, and £9m for Braithwaite (one in four for Toulouse). Honestly, look down the list of transfers in the Championship: to get someone we already know is noticeably better than the strikers we have, we would have to pay a fortune.
In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 19:24 - Oct 6 with 1140 viewskensalriser

We have a striker who's consistently scored around one in three over his career (including at QPR) and we barely play him.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 09:57 - Oct 7 with 1063 viewsNortholt_Rs

In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 11:59 - Oct 5 by daveB

part of the problem is several fans think we came down from the prem and just made a decision that we don't want to compete anymore and are going to do it a different way. A project by Ferdinand that didn't need to be done signing lower league players for a laugh instead of signing proven players which completely ignores the fact we'd been signing proven players for a few years who cost a fortune and got us in this mess to start with

The reality is we have two cracks at the big time, 3 seasons of tv money and we absolutely blew it coming down have spent half a billion with nothing to show for it. No infrastructure, no training ground and the when we came down the only player worth anything in the last year of his contract so sold for less than he's worth

So now at a point where we are skint the club is trying to put together some sort of football infrastructure to the club with scouts, a youth set up worth the name and doing all that without a pot to piss in. of course this should have all been done 10 years ago when Flavio and the billionaires arrived but they were more keen on building themselves a boutique bar and some slippers.

yet who gets the blame, the poor sods trying to fix this mess.

I can’t see how you can remove TF from blame for the current situation at the club. It isn’t down to Tango and Cash = as grim as they were.... Our current financial predicament is 100% down to the current owners. There’s no escaping this fact.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024