Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huw Jenkins question ? 11:57 - Feb 11 with 14799 viewsLoyal

How Jenkins question ?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

[Post edited 11 Feb 2018 11:57]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Huw Jenkins question ? on 23:51 - Apr 1 with 1102 viewsTheResurrection

Huw Jenkins question ? on 23:35 - Apr 1 by Darran

Beautiful J though I’m not sure why you’re bothering.

Stroll on the next transfer window and we’ll need to sell Mawson to fund players coming in.

Why bother you say but then you come out with that crap?

We will do what we have to do. Get that into your thick skull.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Huw Jenkins question ? on 23:53 - Apr 1 with 1098 viewsTheResurrection

Huw Jenkins question ? on 23:45 - Apr 1 by Dr_Winston

If selling Mawson provides the £30-35m needed to strengthen the team enough to survive next season then so be it. We're fairly well stocked at CB, although obvious doubts remain as to whether the Jenkins/Leadbeater combo is adroit enough to spend that money wisely.

Last thing we need is to be in hock to the Americans.

I don't know why you bother

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Huw Jenkins question ? on 23:54 - Apr 1 with 1097 viewsDarran

Huw Jenkins question ? on 23:51 - Apr 1 by TheResurrection

Why bother you say but then you come out with that crap?

We will do what we have to do. Get that into your thick skull.

We won’t be doing fuçk all Sonny. Your chum and DOF will be doing it.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2018 23:54]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Huw Jenkins question ? on 23:55 - Apr 1 with 1091 viewsDr_Winston

Huw Jenkins question ? on 23:46 - Apr 1 by TheResurrection

Of course it was the Americans, have you lost your mind?? You seriously think Jenkins, who in fairness has been pretty damn shit hot at appointing managers, just thought fack it, let's go all YEE-HAA here and see what American coaches are out there, but not even the ones out of work, let's actually head hunt one from the second division in France.

Jamie?? Do you honestly believe what you've just said? I can't get my head around this.... like seriously FFS???

And no, you don't wait and wait and it was ridiculous, £40m / £45m who gives a fack, we needed to plan and Kaplan refused to take any advice, refused to take any facking calls.

Come on mate... JESUS!!!!

I don't doubt for a second that Bradley was the American's idea. Likewise I don't doubt for a second that had Jenkins strongly advised against it he wouldn't have got the job. They've made it plain enough how much they depend upon him. He obviously decided not to rock the boat too much with his new bosses. And as we saw with the appointment of Monk, Huwbert isn't averse to falling in love with self confident prats entirely lacking in the requisite skills to do the job.

And yes, you do wait until you get the price you want otherwise every f*cker will try to take the piss. We're still at the point where Huw thought that Ben Davies was worth £17m less than Luke Shaw. Utter f*cking idiocy even then. More so now.

Had Jenkins shown any kind of balls in the past then maybe Everton wouldn't have f*cked us around so much.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Huw Jenkins question ? on 00:05 - Apr 2 with 1078 viewsTheResurrection

Huw Jenkins question ? on 23:55 - Apr 1 by Dr_Winston

I don't doubt for a second that Bradley was the American's idea. Likewise I don't doubt for a second that had Jenkins strongly advised against it he wouldn't have got the job. They've made it plain enough how much they depend upon him. He obviously decided not to rock the boat too much with his new bosses. And as we saw with the appointment of Monk, Huwbert isn't averse to falling in love with self confident prats entirely lacking in the requisite skills to do the job.

And yes, you do wait until you get the price you want otherwise every f*cker will try to take the piss. We're still at the point where Huw thought that Ben Davies was worth £17m less than Luke Shaw. Utter f*cking idiocy even then. More so now.

Had Jenkins shown any kind of balls in the past then maybe Everton wouldn't have f*cked us around so much.

Then you don't know what's going on there then. Not one bit.

The Americans are calling the shots and have tried to do most themselves. They've turned to Jenkins to bail them out but maybe this time they'll think twice.

And maybe it is a criticism of Jenkins to be a bit small town when it comes to the valuation of our players but he's had success as well. It's all too easy in hindsight to pour scorn having never done the job, or anything like it before, it's pretty crass, even, when you think about it. But fine, an opinion is allowed and can be valid. It doesn't make it a fact though. Just means you're good at looking back in hindsight.

Ben has made his career for himself, he's worked hard and he's reaping the rewards and more. Good for him. But nobody would have thought Ben would have gone on to be this successful after his one season with us. Also, you mention Luke Shaw. I'd love to know who Poch would pick if they were both Spurs players as Jose is killing the lad. And I remember Shaw against us in the last game of the season in the sun for Soton, he was facking superb and had had a superb season.

7, hopefully 8 seasons in the league - there's your hindsightology.

Huw Jenkins question ? on 00:10 - Apr 2 with 1074 viewsDr_Winston

Huw Jenkins question ? on 00:05 - Apr 2 by TheResurrection

Then you don't know what's going on there then. Not one bit.

The Americans are calling the shots and have tried to do most themselves. They've turned to Jenkins to bail them out but maybe this time they'll think twice.

And maybe it is a criticism of Jenkins to be a bit small town when it comes to the valuation of our players but he's had success as well. It's all too easy in hindsight to pour scorn having never done the job, or anything like it before, it's pretty crass, even, when you think about it. But fine, an opinion is allowed and can be valid. It doesn't make it a fact though. Just means you're good at looking back in hindsight.

Ben has made his career for himself, he's worked hard and he's reaping the rewards and more. Good for him. But nobody would have thought Ben would have gone on to be this successful after his one season with us. Also, you mention Luke Shaw. I'd love to know who Poch would pick if they were both Spurs players as Jose is killing the lad. And I remember Shaw against us in the last game of the season in the sun for Soton, he was facking superb and had had a superb season.

7, hopefully 8 seasons in the league - there's your hindsightology.

"The Americans are calling the shots and have tried to do most themselves"

If that were the case Jenkins would be long gone already. He's not. You don't get to pin all the bad decisions on them and absolve the man recieving £500k p/a to run the club. Just doesn't work I'm afraid.

"nobody would have thought Ben would have gone on to be this successful after his one season with us"

Maybe, but plenty would have thought that he was at least as good as Shaw at the time we sold him, which he plainly was. Selling him for nearly £20m less was cowardly idiocy. Jenkins shit himself when dealing with Levy as he usually does.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Huw Jenkins question ? on 00:18 - Apr 2 with 1065 viewsTheResurrection

Huw Jenkins question ? on 00:10 - Apr 2 by Dr_Winston

If that were the case Jenkins would be long gone already. He's not. You don't get to pin all the bad decisions on them and absolve the man recieving £500k p/a to run the club. Just doesn't work I'm afraid.

"nobody would have thought Ben would have gone on to be this successful after his one season with us"

Maybe, but plenty would have thought that he was at least as good as Shaw at the time we sold him, which he plainly was. Selling him for nearly £20m less was cowardly idiocy. Jenkins shit himself when dealing with Levy as he usually does.

No he wasn't. Shaw was being talked about all season. No one, apart from Swans fans were talking about Ben. We were all quite shocked he was off after one season.

And yeah, you can re the Americans. That is if you want to deal in the truth. They've used Jenkins and left him cop the flak while they've skulked off into the shadows.

They wanted Guidloin gone, they didn't give a shit. They wanted Bradley and they made Jenkins endorse it. Which he duly did. Why? Probably because he wants his £500k a year or whatever it is, and not to rock the boat.

Most of the "bad" decisions people keep bringing up are down to the Americans, not all, but the ones that have cost us. Guidolin - Bradley. Giving Clement time, stalling with Siggy. These are big facking deals mate.

Huw Jenkins question ? on 00:24 - Apr 2 with 1058 viewsTheResurrection

Huw Jenkins question ? on 00:10 - Apr 2 by Dr_Winston

I see you've edited that?

Wasn't Ben sold in the triumvirate deal including Vorm and Siggy?

Nobody has the faintest fack who cost what in that deal. And we went on to sell Siggy for £45m!!

Login to get fewer ads

Huw Jenkins question ? on 00:25 - Apr 2 with 1057 viewsDr_Winston

Huw Jenkins question ? on 00:18 - Apr 2 by TheResurrection

No he wasn't. Shaw was being talked about all season. No one, apart from Swans fans were talking about Ben. We were all quite shocked he was off after one season.

And yeah, you can re the Americans. That is if you want to deal in the truth. They've used Jenkins and left him cop the flak while they've skulked off into the shadows.

They wanted Guidloin gone, they didn't give a shit. They wanted Bradley and they made Jenkins endorse it. Which he duly did. Why? Probably because he wants his £500k a year or whatever it is, and not to rock the boat.

Most of the "bad" decisions people keep bringing up are down to the Americans, not all, but the ones that have cost us. Guidolin - Bradley. Giving Clement time, stalling with Siggy. These are big facking deals mate.

"No he wasn't. Shaw was being talked about all season. No one, apart from Swans fans were talking about Ben"

So? What the f*ck does being "talked about" matter? As a club we should have known Davies was on a par with Shaw. It was obvious from watching the two of them play. We didn't and capitulated accordingly. "Little old Swansea" taking what was offered with a doff of the cap. Jenkins's way.

"Which he duly did. Why? Probably because he wants his £500k a year or whatever it is, and not to rock the boat"

Which is basically what I said. Jenkins didn't care enough about the Bradley appointment to oppose it, which makes him at least complicit.

And no matter how much you keep claiming otherwise, holding out for the full amount for Sigurdsson was in no way, shape or form a bad decision.

Huw Jenkins question ? on 00:30 - Apr 2 with 1048 viewsDr_Winston

Huw Jenkins question ? on 00:24 - Apr 2 by TheResurrection

I see you've edited that?

Wasn't Ben sold in the triumvirate deal including Vorm and Siggy?

Nobody has the faintest fack who cost what in that deal. And we went on to sell Siggy for £45m!!

We know the deal was worth in the realm of £10m. At best that values Davies at £10m. At worst it values him at less, which doesn't exactly aid the "Jenkins is competent" argument.

At best it doesn't say much for him either TBH.

Huw Jenkins question ? on 00:33 - Apr 2 with 1046 viewsDarran

I love it when The Box Office gets ripped a new one.

Why can’t he see what Dr Winston is saying?

Now that’s a question!

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Huw Jenkins question ? on 00:35 - Apr 2 with 1045 viewsTheResurrection

Huw Jenkins question ? on 00:25 - Apr 2 by Dr_Winston

"No he wasn't. Shaw was being talked about all season. No one, apart from Swans fans were talking about Ben"

So? What the f*ck does being "talked about" matter? As a club we should have known Davies was on a par with Shaw. It was obvious from watching the two of them play. We didn't and capitulated accordingly. "Little old Swansea" taking what was offered with a doff of the cap. Jenkins's way.

"Which he duly did. Why? Probably because he wants his £500k a year or whatever it is, and not to rock the boat"

Which is basically what I said. Jenkins didn't care enough about the Bradley appointment to oppose it, which makes him at least complicit.

And no matter how much you keep claiming otherwise, holding out for the full amount for Sigurdsson was in no way, shape or form a bad decision.

Yes it was, 100% was and it probably cost Clement his job. That, and the fact he's as one dimensional as some of the debate on here.

As a Club we should know?? Yeah, in your world of the all encompassing superior knowledge of hindsight, we should have, in the real world, only really Pochettino knew what he could make of him, and lets face it, it's only this season he's had faith in him, and that's partly because Danny Rose called Poch out!!

The Ben deal was pretty much a swap for Siggy. EVERYONE was happy with that. EVERYONE, and even in spite of none of us wanting to lose Ben, but he was very much the accepted sacrificial lamb if it meant bringing Siggy home.

You're not very good at this are ya mate?

Huw Jenkins question ? on 00:36 - Apr 2 with 1042 viewsTheResurrection

Huw Jenkins question ? on 00:30 - Apr 2 by Dr_Winston

We know the deal was worth in the realm of £10m. At best that values Davies at £10m. At worst it values him at less, which doesn't exactly aid the "Jenkins is competent" argument.

So what was Siggy valued at then?

Huw Jenkins question ? on 00:39 - Apr 2 with 1040 viewsTheResurrection

Huw Jenkins question ? on 00:33 - Apr 2 by Darran

Now that’s a question!

I must say I am surprised to see you back in this thread after the Doc pulled you up, quite embarrassingly, about your Mawson sale.

You're quite literally hopeless.

Huw Jenkins question ? on 00:41 - Apr 2 with 1037 viewsTheResurrection

Huw Jenkins question ? on 00:30 - Apr 2 by Dr_Winston

Try and make posts without editing every single one.

I know it's not easy up against me but make a fist of it.

Huw Jenkins question ? on 01:00 - Apr 2 with 1019 viewsTheResurrection

"It was obvious and they were on a par" yet Luke Shaw was already playing 90 minutes for England in a World Cup...

Bear in mind the Swans have only ever had one player make the England pitch.

Nothing obvious at all.

Ripped.

Huw Jenkins question ? on 01:07 - Apr 2 with 1013 viewslonglostjack

Agree with all of that but not the last paragraph.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Huw Jenkins question ? on 08:25 - Apr 2 with 960 viewsSTID2017

Huw Jenkins question ? on 00:33 - Apr 2 by Darran

Now that’s a question!

It's simple Darran.
He is right and everyone else is wrong.
The fact that at least half a dozen posters have come on here and given him valid reasons why Jenkins should go as DOF, yet he still continues to argue with facts and turns to his old standby, the insult and name calling, show what a little man he is.
I posted my reasons why I believe Jenkins should no longer be DOF. Dr Winston posted back a different opinion to mine, Garyjack posted back with a swipe at my thought that "perhaps" Jenkins should be involved in selecting his successor - do I respond with a load of name calling and diatribe ? No.
Yet Chris's first response to my post giving my reasons was "By the way, hardly any of what he wrote is correct. The bloke's a fackin lost cause."
Obviously a well thought out response, especially in light of what the good Doctor went on to point out to him.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2018 9:33]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Huw Jenkins question ? on 08:34 - Apr 2 with 956 viewsSTID2017

Huw Jenkins question ? on 22:21 - Apr 1 by Garyjack

Correct. But after all of his cluster fvck recruitment decisions, you still think that he should have a say in the recruitment of his own successor? Well done

As you quite rightly pointed out, I did post that "perhaps" Jenkins should have a hand in appointing his own successor.
My reason for this is, as much as HJ has made bad decisions over the last three years or so especially, to my mind the Yanks know nothing about British Football or they wouldn't have "invested" in the club.
Having done that I am sure the only footballing decision they have made over the time of their tenure was to appoint Bradley .
If HJ is not involved in finding a new DOF, then no doubt they would get a consultant in from the States and I am even more afraid of who we end up with then, than if HJ is advising them.
For all his faults (and HJ clearly has many) and errors, HJ is still a Swans fan at heart and wants the best for the club, even if he did sell his soul to the Yanks
[Post edited 2 Apr 2018 9:32]

Huw Jenkins question ? on 08:46 - Apr 2 with 942 viewsSTID2017

Clearly, like most of us, you are banging your head against a brick wall with Chris.
I do feel as a club we need to get transfers in and out done far quicker.
I appreciate at times we have to play hard ball,but it has backfired on us to a certain extent over the last two summers.
As you rightly pointed out HJ is no genius when it comes to transfers.
We paid over the odds for average players,, sign others for big money who have failed and fail to get the important ones over the line, Joe Allen being obviously the biggest example of that.
Selling Ben Davies for less than we would pay for a squad player was also a joke.
Chris talks about you being brilliant at looking at everything in hindsight, but the point of this thread is to give our thoughts on why Jenkins should stay or go.
Any opinions on that can only be based on hindsight, so that was a bit of an odd statement by him.

Huw Jenkins question ? on 08:48 - Apr 2 with 940 viewsTheResurrection

Huw Jenkins question ? on 08:25 - Apr 2 by STID2017

It's simple Darran.
He is right and everyone else is wrong.
The fact that at least half a dozen posters have come on here and given him valid reasons why Jenkins should go as DOF, yet he still continues to argue with facts and turns to his old standby, the insult and name calling, show what a little man he is.
I posted my reasons why I believe Jenkins should no longer be DOF. Dr Winston posted back a different opinion to mine, Garyjack posted back with a swipe at my thought that "perhaps" Jenkins should be involved in selecting his successor - do I respond with a load of name calling and diatribe ? No.
Yet Chris's first response to my post giving my reasons was "By the way, hardly any of what he wrote is correct. The bloke's a fackin lost cause."
Obviously a well thought out response, especially in light of what the good Doctor went on to point out to him.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2018 9:33]

Dear Freak,

Why don't you stop following me around this message board and obsessing about me. It's not in the rules and regs that you have to post in every thread. I'm sure most people are getting cheesed off with your nonsense by now.

Also, just in the last day there has been another 6 people that's voted to Keep Jenkins in in this very poll on this thread.

So much bluster and guff. One true fact. 7 seasons for SCFC in the Premier League. Wow. Just f#cking wow!!!

Huw Jenkins question ? on 08:55 - Apr 2 with 931 viewsWarwickHunt

Huw Jenkins question ? on 08:48 - Apr 2 by TheResurrection

Dear Freak,

Why don't you stop following me around this message board and obsessing about me. It's not in the rules and regs that you have to post in every thread. I'm sure most people are getting cheesed off with your nonsense by now.

Also, just in the last day there has been another 6 people that's voted to Keep Jenkins in in this very poll on this thread.

So much bluster and guff. One true fact. 7 seasons for SCFC in the Premier League. Wow. Just f#cking wow!!!

"Also, just in the last day there has been another 6 people that's voted to Keep Jenkins in in this very poll on this thread."

Probably let out for Easter.
Huw Jenkins question ? on 08:58 - Apr 2 with 926 viewsMattG

Huw Jenkins question ? on 08:48 - Apr 2 by TheResurrection

Dear Freak,

6 usernames - not necessarily the same thing. And despite that, it's still more than 3 : 1 for him to go.

Can you explain why 7 seasons is "Wow. Just f#cking wow!!!" but, after 6 seasons, you were baying for his blood?
Huw Jenkins question ? on 09:12 - Apr 2 with 915 viewsDr_Winston

Huw Jenkins question ? on 00:35 - Apr 2 by TheResurrection

Yes it was, 100% was and it probably cost Clement his job. That, and the fact he's as one dimensional as some of the debate on here.

As a Club we should know?? Yeah, in your world of the all encompassing superior knowledge of hindsight, we should have, in the real world, only really Pochettino knew what he could make of him, and lets face it, it's only this season he's had faith in him, and that's partly because Danny Rose called Poch out!!

The Ben deal was pretty much a swap for Siggy. EVERYONE was happy with that. EVERYONE, and even in spite of none of us wanting to lose Ben, but he was very much the accepted sacrificial lamb if it meant bringing Siggy home.

You're not very good at this are ya mate?

"As a Club we should know?? Yeah, in your world of the all encompassing superior knowledge of hindsight, we should have"

Also in the actual world of seeing a player no better than ours go for £27m. You don't need all encompassing superior knowledge for that.

"EVERYONE was happy with that. EVERYONE"

Everyone was happy to get Siggy back it's true. A wise few questioned whether we should be swapping two full Internationals for a player Spurs didn't want. Using one of the best young fullbacks in the Premier League, which Davies clearly was, as a "sacrificial lamb" kinda proves what a shit negotiator Jenkins is. Makes it even worse that he clearly thought Neil Taylor was good enough to fill the gap.

Huw Jenkins question ? on 09:14 - Apr 2 with 914 viewsDr_Winston

Huw Jenkins question ? on 01:00 - Apr 2 by TheResurrection

"It was obvious and they were on a par" yet Luke Shaw was already playing 90 minutes for England in a World Cup...

Bear in mind the Swans have only ever had one player make the England pitch.

Nothing obvious at all.

Ripped.

And if Wales were at the World Cup Davies would have played for them. He'd already displaced Taylor. Are the quality of International team mates a factor now?

Stitched back up...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024