Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jenkins wants to stay 22:46 - May 10 with 13258 viewsNeathJack

He, and the Americans, need to be left in no doubt whatsoever on Sunday that him staying is not acceptable.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5715241/Swansea-axe-Carlos-Car
Jenkins wants to stay on 07:03 - May 11 with 2150 viewsSTID2017

Jenkins wants to stay on 22:52 - May 10 by peenemunde

You may not like it, but he’s still the best man for the job

I know as much about running a football club as he does, which is nothing.
Plus I am from Skewen too (not born and bred like him, but still).
I'm ready to step into his shoes when needed.
He needs to go off to his Spanish Villa, or West Wales or Alltwen, wherever, and enjoy his ill gotten gains.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Jenkins wants to stay on 07:05 - May 11 with 2150 viewsSTID2017

Jenkins wants to stay on 22:58 - May 10 by peenemunde

So because I don’t follow your narrative, that makes me a troll.
Who do you want to replace Jenkins ? Name names ?

Michael Laudrup
John Toshack
John Hartson
Frank Lampard Jr.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Jenkins wants to stay on 07:06 - May 11 with 2152 viewspeenemunde

Jenkins wants to stay on 00:13 - May 11 by Jonathans_coat

Are you seriously suggesting that for £500,000 a year, there isn’t anyone who could possibly do a better job? If you are, I suggest you seek help immediately!

Firstly i doubt the job will be paying 500k in the championship , but i understand what you mean, and yes of course you’d get some very good candidates with that sort of salary.

But would these very good candidates, be just very good at business, when the job at Swansea is about more than being a number cruncher.

There will be people out there who are good business people and understand football too, but are they available and would they come to Swansea ?.

Emotions are running high at the moment, and that’s understandable with the club being relegated, so i hope the club isn’t going to go into panic mode.
Jenkins wants to stay on 07:10 - May 11 with 2139 viewsWarwickHunt

😂😂😂
Jenkins wants to stay on 07:11 - May 11 with 2126 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Jenkins wants to stay on 07:06 - May 11 by peenemunde

Firstly i doubt the job will be paying 500k in the championship , but i understand what you mean, and yes of course you’d get some very good candidates with that sort of salary.

But would these very good candidates, be just very good at business, when the job at Swansea is about more than being a number cruncher.

There will be people out there who are good business people and understand football too, but are they available and would they come to Swansea ?.

Emotions are running high at the moment, and that’s understandable with the club being relegated, so i hope the club isn’t going to go into panic mode.

Talking about business, how's Casey's going Huw?
And if it's more than just number crunching , do you mean being a successful Director of Football as well as a top number cruncher?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Jenkins wants to stay on 07:13 - May 11 with 2121 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I bet Vincent Tan is laughing his bollix off after the way Huw had a go at him in the press for "not doing things the right way". I think he should come out and show some humility

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Jenkins wants to stay on 07:16 - May 11 with 2115 viewsbarry_island

Thank goodness we don't just need a number cruncher with Huw's previous track record in uPVC and recent football transfers. Sadly Huw the fall guy isn't the only one who should be leaving.

This is their legacy.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

Jenkins wants to stay on 07:28 - May 11 with 2087 viewscurleigh

Jenkins wants to stay on 23:00 - May 10 by NeathJack

No, it's because you're a troll and I'm not getting into a conversation with one. Especially one who thinks there's no one in the football world who can do a better job than the Jenkins clusterf*ck of the last 3 years.

Alan Curtis, well respected, and knows how we want to play...thoughts
Login to get fewer ads

Jenkins wants to stay on 07:36 - May 11 with 2066 viewsPrivate_Partz

Oh how I wish I had a boss like you.
Never mind how much you eff up you are still the best man for the job. Sheer luxury. :-))

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Jenkins wants to stay on 07:42 - May 11 with 2056 viewsbyron

Jenkins wants to stay on 23:00 - May 10 by Swansea83

Jenkins has been gash.

You lot worshiped him once. Was he just lucky to start with? You did have two very good managers in roberto and Brendan, even Laudrup was ok I guess. He prob had 10 very good years, just the last few went a bit wrong.

Benny

Jenkins wants to stay on 07:49 - May 11 with 2030 viewsPrivate_Partz

Jenkins wants to stay on 07:42 - May 11 by byron

You lot worshiped him once. Was he just lucky to start with? You did have two very good managers in roberto and Brendan, even Laudrup was ok I guess. He prob had 10 very good years, just the last few went a bit wrong.

Ok I will play ball, but god knows why. Stop worrying mun. Enjoy your own short lived success.
Jenkins knew his limitations from the start. His managerial appointments worked out fantastically and he kept his well proportioned hooter out of transfer details in the main. Preferring to concentrate on purse strings.
Things took a turn for the worse when ML was sacked. A gong from the Queen followed and ego took over and he thought he was some kind of footy messiah.
He is now a disaster. We don't even know if he is good at picking managers anymore as he is incapable of supporting them.
He needs to go.....
[Post edited 11 May 2018 8:33]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Jenkins wants to stay on 09:11 - May 11 with 1935 viewsYossarian

Only in football could you have a Chairman AND Director of Football preside over the visible decline of the First Team Squad, the extinction of a renowned individual style synonymous with the identity of the club and make a series of car crash managerial appointments whilst presiding over a litanny of the most ludicrous transfers, retain his post and still command £500,000 a year salary.
The club is rotten from the core outwards- starting with the big time Charlies and ponces who nonce around the boardroom and hospitality suites, led by the Bryan Cartwright wannabe and failed Casey’s hack, to the idiots in the Recruitment Dept, and the brigades of sports psychos and nutritionists and analyst freeloaders to the hordes of mediocrities and failed players masquerading as coaches at all levels within this putrifying mess.
The Yanks need to confetti burst the lot of them with P45’s but the clowns wouldn’t even know where to start in rebuilding this wreckage. And they didnt see it coming? Feck my eyes!

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Jenkins wants to stay on 09:17 - May 11 with 1917 viewsAngelRangelQS

I’ve got no issue with him staying as long as he stays away from transfers etc.

His record of appointing managers and generally running the club is decent, whatever your personal opinion is. For the record, I think he’s a sneaky prick.
Jenkins wants to stay on 09:21 - May 11 with 1910 viewsjacabertawe

Jenkins wants to stay on 09:11 - May 11 by Yossarian

Only in football could you have a Chairman AND Director of Football preside over the visible decline of the First Team Squad, the extinction of a renowned individual style synonymous with the identity of the club and make a series of car crash managerial appointments whilst presiding over a litanny of the most ludicrous transfers, retain his post and still command £500,000 a year salary.
The club is rotten from the core outwards- starting with the big time Charlies and ponces who nonce around the boardroom and hospitality suites, led by the Bryan Cartwright wannabe and failed Casey’s hack, to the idiots in the Recruitment Dept, and the brigades of sports psychos and nutritionists and analyst freeloaders to the hordes of mediocrities and failed players masquerading as coaches at all levels within this putrifying mess.
The Yanks need to confetti burst the lot of them with P45’s but the clowns wouldn’t even know where to start in rebuilding this wreckage. And they didnt see it coming? Feck my eyes!

I share most of what you say in regard to the upper echelons of the Club, but your comments regarding the back room staff and other employees are uncalled for.
[Post edited 11 May 2018 9:22]

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Jenkins wants to stay on 09:21 - May 11 with 1907 viewsSmellyplumz

Jenkins wants to stay on 09:17 - May 11 by AngelRangelQS

I’ve got no issue with him staying as long as he stays away from transfers etc.

His record of appointing managers and generally running the club is decent, whatever your personal opinion is. For the record, I think he’s a sneaky prick.

Sorry but you should have an issue, he is a liar and a cheat and until he leaves this club cannot heal.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Jenkins wants to stay on 09:25 - May 11 with 1894 viewsE20Jack

Keep until we know there is a better candidate.

Saying “if you don’t think we can get better...” is a lot easier than actually suggesting a name, which is why nobody ever does.

Not happy with his conduct like everyone else - but I won’t be cutting off my nose to spite my face. He got us up before and kept us in the PL for an extraordinary amount of time.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Jenkins wants to stay on 09:28 - May 11 with 1881 viewsDarran

He’s a paid employee of the club that has done more than anyone else to get us relegated.
He has to go.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Jenkins wants to stay on 09:34 - May 11 with 1862 viewsBobbyBacala

I don't really understand the people saying 'suggest a better candidate' - most Directors of Football barring the truly good ones (Monchi at Sevilla/Roma) or the bad ones (Camolli at Liverpool) tend not to be known to the public. It's a bit different to the job of manager where they are in the public domain and every man and his dog can have an opinion.

Shouldn't the club have a succession plan in place anyway? When he floated the idea in January this year that he would be reviewing his position at the end of the season (oh, the hubris!) the club should have immediately have started looking for alternatives.

Re-reading the interview from the Guardian, this stands out - “Well, I have to take responsibility...I think if we continue as we are, yes it will be. If we continue on this path of hardly winning games, yes, I have no doubt it is [untenable]". Even he thinks he should be gone!
Jenkins wants to stay on 09:41 - May 11 with 1849 viewsNookiejack

That Walesonline article on the other thread suggested parachute payments will be £97m over next 3 years, starting with £55m next year.

Trouble is Jenkins has already saddled us with a crocked Bony, with his associated wages. Who will take Bony off our books given his injury record over the last 3 seasons.

The Guardian article also pointed to 'lazy recruitment'. Jennkins has got stale and lazy, lacking hunger - that he himself traditionally looked for in players and managers.

Recently all Jenkins has done is to resign players that he sold and people want more of that in the Championship?

Lazy recruitment and people are saying he should stay on?

Add then his Overseeing of all these managerial comeings and goings.

Remember he has received £500k a year and I assume bonuses for the decline of the club over the last few years.

He now only wants to stay on because he has probably missed out on the opportunity of selling his residual shares to the Yanks - given our relegation.

Time for new hungry blood.

Hopefully the Yanks have already employed a headhunter to replace him.
Jenkins wants to stay on 09:49 - May 11 with 1823 views3swan

Jenkins wants to stay on 09:28 - May 11 by Darran

He’s a paid employee of the club that has done more than anyone else to get us relegated.
He has to go.

Exactly Darran

His shareholding is a different issue but as an employee he has to take responsibility. (Even politicians fall on their sword)

We can all look back, and he has had success in his role, but that was it seems when we were all pulling together.

The later years especially the last 3 have been woeful, so the call for him to leave is not a knee jerk but follows a trend of mistake after mistake.
Jenkins wants to stay on 09:50 - May 11 with 1819 viewsAngelRangelQS

Jenkins wants to stay on 09:21 - May 11 by Smellyplumz

Sorry but you should have an issue, he is a liar and a cheat and until he leaves this club cannot heal.

Of course he is. No arguments there from me.

He ain’t going anywhere though unfortunately
Jenkins wants to stay on 10:24 - May 11 with 1765 viewsAmbergambler

He's got more front than Aberavon beach!
Jenkins wants to stay on 10:44 - May 11 with 1729 viewsTheResurrection

Jenkins wants to stay on 01:13 - May 11 by Kilkennyjack

He is the well paid Director of Football at a Premier League club that has just been relegated.
There is both responsibility and accountability on his part.
Its over.

The fact he has no background in professional football is an inescapable fact.
Our new Director of Football is unlikely to be appointed from the construction industry ...

We should get a stand out DoF for about half of what we currently pay...

True but why don't you compare his successes, or that of the Club he presided over, against others?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Jenkins wants to stay on 10:46 - May 11 with 1711 viewsTheResurrection

Jenkins wants to stay on 07:03 - May 11 by STID2017

I know as much about running a football club as he does, which is nothing.
Plus I am from Skewen too (not born and bred like him, but still).
I'm ready to step into his shoes when needed.
He needs to go off to his Spanish Villa, or West Wales or Alltwen, wherever, and enjoy his ill gotten gains.

So you've got nigh on 20 years experience of running a football club, have you, through every division?

Fack me you are without doubt the most stupid, thick poster I've ever come across.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Jenkins wants to stay on 10:53 - May 11 with 1682 viewsTheResurrection

Jenkins wants to stay on 09:41 - May 11 by Nookiejack

That Walesonline article on the other thread suggested parachute payments will be £97m over next 3 years, starting with £55m next year.

Trouble is Jenkins has already saddled us with a crocked Bony, with his associated wages. Who will take Bony off our books given his injury record over the last 3 seasons.

The Guardian article also pointed to 'lazy recruitment'. Jennkins has got stale and lazy, lacking hunger - that he himself traditionally looked for in players and managers.

Recently all Jenkins has done is to resign players that he sold and people want more of that in the Championship?

Lazy recruitment and people are saying he should stay on?

Add then his Overseeing of all these managerial comeings and goings.

Remember he has received £500k a year and I assume bonuses for the decline of the club over the last few years.

He now only wants to stay on because he has probably missed out on the opportunity of selling his residual shares to the Yanks - given our relegation.

Time for new hungry blood.

Hopefully the Yanks have already employed a headhunter to replace him.

Bony could get 20 goals next season if used correctly and perhaps sparingly.

And I think he went back to our old players because in a time of crises he went back to players he knew, and perhaps trusted more.

It didn't work out but only primarily because we only picked up 13 points by December. This was more to do with Clement than the squad.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024