Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Official! 17:01 - Feb 21 with 17934 viewsBerkoRanger

https://www.qpr.co.uk/
Official! on 18:26 - Feb 21 with 2499 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Official! on 18:24 - Feb 21 by DavieQPR

Wonder if it's worth noting Scowen's contract is up at Wycombe this summer. A regular under Ainsworth.

QPR fans abused him out of the club. I can't see it.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2023 18:27]
Official! on 18:31 - Feb 21 with 2440 viewssoops

By every criteria that’s been mentioned over the past couple of years = not the right appointment.
Based on what we need right at this point in time = absolutely the right appointment.
Good luck Gareth, we’re all right behind you.
Official! on 18:34 - Feb 21 with 2425 viewsqueensparker

Surprised how much I’m in favour of this now it’s happened. I know that’s why the board’s done it, but at the same time it will be refreshing to have a top, honest bloke who loves the club giving his all after Beale’s arrogant big club behaviour that stunk the place out and Critchley’s unfortunate dour Northern common sense.

Let’s enjoy it lads and relax on the endless analysis for once. Football’s supposed to be an escape after all.

Best of luck Gareth.
Official! on 18:40 - Feb 21 with 2350 viewsUPPERLOFTNZ

Poor, poor Gareth. T

his is a ludicrously knee jerk appointment identical to when they brought olly back, same situation same reasons.

Didn't work then, won't work now. We'll be looking for his replacement in under a year and paying off another 3 year contract.

Football is Faith
Poll: OK.. Next season. Where do you think we will finish?

Official! on 18:43 - Feb 21 with 2290 viewsCateLeBonR

This had to happen sometime. Might as well be now.

Gareth Ainsworth. The funkiest manager alive.

Let's scratch that itch!

Official! on 18:43 - Feb 21 with 2277 viewsRangersw12

Official! on 18:40 - Feb 21 by UPPERLOFTNZ

Poor, poor Gareth. T

his is a ludicrously knee jerk appointment identical to when they brought olly back, same situation same reasons.

Didn't work then, won't work now. We'll be looking for his replacement in under a year and paying off another 3 year contract.

That's the spirit 😂

I'm looking forward to the ground rocking again and a bit of enthusiasm in the dugout, what's not too like!
Official! on 18:48 - Feb 21 with 2220 viewsHunterhoop

It’s hard not to be pleased with this.

Ainsworth is a good man.

We need a man manager and motivator. We need someone to unify the club. Yes, this may be a tactical play by the Board. But how’s about we all assume it’ll be a roaring success and go from there? Just maybe…

On a side note, if the players still don’t work hard and give 100% for him, we know once and for all where the problem lies!
Official! on 18:48 - Feb 21 with 2222 viewsaston_hoop

Well I was sceptical but here I am, that Holloway team with Ainsworth was one of my favourite times as a QPR fan. I'm too young for the 70s and 80s teams, maybe a little too young even for the earlier 90s teams, but that Holloway team. An amazing time in my life and an amazing time supporting QPR, especially as a young rocker seeing QPR have an actual rocker in the team! My biggest fear was we won't give him time, it still is. I've said time and time again about the fact it took him years to get Wycombe going. But I'm excited again nonetheless, Gareth Ainsworth's Blue and White Army!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Login to get fewer ads

Official! on 18:50 - Feb 21 with 2191 viewsdutch

This weird and wayward club of ours needs big characters in charge. From El Tel to Warnock, Alec Stock to Ollie we have often thrived under eccentric, charismatic , slightly wide managers, who can get the place and the people rocking. We don't do dull and dour very well so Critchley was never a good fit. Wild thing with all his foibles could just light the blue and white hooped touch paper, he certainly knows the culture of the club, which is a bit punk rock.
Official! on 18:52 - Feb 21 with 2169 viewsdm97

Official! on 18:31 - Feb 21 by soops

By every criteria that’s been mentioned over the past couple of years = not the right appointment.
Based on what we need right at this point in time = absolutely the right appointment.
Good luck Gareth, we’re all right behind you.

Very well put. Adding to it, would we have accepted such a shift post Warbs or Beale when things still looked (somewhat) rosy. Now? A complete shift is exactly what we need. Shake it up wild thing.
Official! on 19:02 - Feb 21 with 2061 viewsjoolsyp

Really looking forward to reading Clive's welcome piece. Whereas Critchley was probably the right man at the wrong time I think Gareth's time is now - as long as we get 100% behind him and stick with him when the going gets tough (which it is now and will continue to be). WW were punching above their weight and so are we (given our gates and budget/FFP restrictions). Patience is key.
Official! on 19:04 - Feb 21 with 2029 viewsHAYESBOY

Just watched the interview. If you don't smile, then check your pulse.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Official! on 19:05 - Feb 21 with 2023 viewskropotkin41

I can't see much blame being fairly attributed to GA if he can't turn this Titanic around, and then we'll have no money, an old ground, no players and Ainsworth as manager - in other words perfectly equipped for League One.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Official! on 19:07 - Feb 21 with 2002 viewsflynnbo

Welcome back, Gareth. I wish you well and what better way to start than a victory against the club you supported as a boy. COYR!
[Post edited 21 Feb 2023 19:17]
Official! on 19:15 - Feb 21 with 1919 viewsstevec

Good luck Gareth Ainsworth.

Clowns to the left of you, jokers to the right. You are going to need it.
Official! on 19:17 - Feb 21 with 1895 viewsAndybrat

Official! on 19:04 - Feb 21 by HAYESBOY

Just watched the interview. If you don't smile, then check your pulse.

Hairs raised on my arms. Anyone who finishes his 1st interview with Come on U R/s is up there. Natural leader, can he flick the switch in the boys?
Official! on 19:21 - Feb 21 with 1853 viewsCiderwithRsie

Official! on 18:40 - Feb 21 by UPPERLOFTNZ

Poor, poor Gareth. T

For the record, when Holloway came back for his second stint he did better than his predecessor (JFH) and his successor (McClaren), kept us up two seasons on no money, gave Eze his debut and his loan to Wycombe, put together the Scowongaman midfield, and was sacked despite meeting his targets.

I'm not saying it was all great and I think it was right to move on after two years but in my opinion the club owes him a debt for turning the place round and if Ainsworth did the same then right now I'd take it.
Official! on 19:23 - Feb 21 with 1838 viewsJules4367

Before anyone goes against Gareth, he is the first -since Ollie_ that I believe truly has his heart in the Club.

We have seen what he has done at Wycombe with players who want to play for the club and there is the issue! If Gareth doesn't get results then EVERYBODY..Fans, the Board, Players must realise it is the incompetence or lack of ability or caring OF THE PLAYERS - not the manager's inability!

Even if we go down (which is a possibility) it will not be because of Gareth bu the likes of Dunne and Dickie just hoofing the ball anywhere, Chair not being able to clear the first defender at corners, Dieng not concentrating, Paal and Laird (whatever) and Dozell (I'd wear out the keyboard!).

Get behind Gareth in whatever league we are in next year!
Official! on 19:24 - Feb 21 with 1829 viewspaulparker

Should have been appointed after Beale went imo
The cynical part of me thinks he was appointed to stop protests but hey ho
Anyway good luck Gareth glad to have you home

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Official! on 19:25 - Feb 21 with 1818 viewsdaveB

When we got promoted in 2004 I was lucky enough to get into the Town Hall for the celebrations, I imagine a fair few on here were there as well. I have great memories of that night getting photos with the players, Gino and his Alien, Chris Day losing the plot that someone took his beer and me calming him down by showing him about 30 full cans of unopened stellas that he could have..

Anyway Ainsworth always stands out as it was unexpected. I stopped him for a photo and to sign my flag and he was very emotional, he said to me that this promotion was the best thing that had happened to him in his life, I laughed and said yeah well you have to say that to us and he looked me square in the eyes and said no mate, you don't understand what this club means to me, this is the greatest day of my life. he meant every word and it stood with me as I'd always just thought he was playing upto the fans before then but he got the club and was one of us.

I really hope this works out, loads of doubts but like Holloway a genuine QPR man who you know will hurt as much as we do when we lose. I can't wait for Saturday now. Please let this work
Official! on 19:26 - Feb 21 with 1816 viewsswitchingcode

Can’t think of a better appointment considering the issues on and off the field.
Official! on 19:28 - Feb 21 with 1788 viewsdaveB

Official! on 19:24 - Feb 21 by paulparker

Thats certainly part of it but they had to make a change after the last few games and he was the obvious choice
Official! on 19:33 - Feb 21 with 1735 viewsParkRoyalR

Official! on 19:25 - Feb 21 by daveB

When we got promoted in 2004 I was lucky enough to get into the Town Hall for the celebrations, I imagine a fair few on here were there as well. I have great memories of that night getting photos with the players, Gino and his Alien, Chris Day losing the plot that someone took his beer and me calming him down by showing him about 30 full cans of unopened stellas that he could have..

Anyway Ainsworth always stands out as it was unexpected. I stopped him for a photo and to sign my flag and he was very emotional, he said to me that this promotion was the best thing that had happened to him in his life, I laughed and said yeah well you have to say that to us and he looked me square in the eyes and said no mate, you don't understand what this club means to me, this is the greatest day of my life. he meant every word and it stood with me as I'd always just thought he was playing upto the fans before then but he got the club and was one of us.

I really hope this works out, loads of doubts but like Holloway a genuine QPR man who you know will hurt as much as we do when we lose. I can't wait for Saturday now. Please let this work

That'll do for me,

Never got closer than the Prince of Wales that night,

But what this club need more than anything now is an honest grafter who's prepared to talk straight and not accept any player twinges or whinges, just liven-up, show some pride and get stuck-in.
Official! on 19:37 - Feb 21 with 1711 viewsNorthantsHoop

With Ainsworth you actually feel he has the best interests of the club and fans at heart. I am feeling really positive about this appointment, shame it has taken so long, but in a roundabout way the total failure of Critchley for whatever reason may turn out to be a blessing.
Official! on 19:38 - Feb 21 with 1693 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Official! on 19:24 - Feb 21 by paulparker

Yeah, he was on the shortlist in the summer, so why not go straight to him after Beale left?

I'm excited because he's done his time in the lower leagues and has energy and enthusiasm to burn. My worry is he's dependent on less capable people who lack his experience to build the squad.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024