Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Official! 17:01 - Feb 21 with 17751 viewsBerkoRanger

https://www.qpr.co.uk/
Official! on 19:41 - Feb 21 with 3383 viewsRangersw12

Official! on 19:42 - Feb 21 with 3374 viewsRangersw12

Official! on 18:26 - Feb 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

QPR fans abused him out of the club. I can't see it.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2023 18:27]

Or because he wasn't in the managers plans
[Post edited 21 Feb 2023 19:44]
Official! on 19:46 - Feb 21 with 3330 viewsPunteR

Welcome back Gazza.

Lets rock n Roll !!

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Official! on 19:53 - Feb 21 with 3271 viewsterryb

I've always been against appointing Gareth as manager, BUT it does feel that he is the only one that could bring the fan base together in support. Nobody could argue that his record doesn't deserve for him to be in charge at a higher level.

I'm not sure why, but I don't feel that November was the right time to bring him back to LR although now is. Perhaps because we will give him a free ride for the remainder of this season, something we wouldn't have done so if it had gone wrong for him following Beale.

For what little I think an interview is worth, I enjoyed his welcome to Rangers one, but his farewell to WW was even better. I can't imagine many clubs saying goodbye to an outgoing manager as they did!
Official! on 20:00 - Feb 21 with 3203 viewsNortholt_Rs

Welcome home Wild Thing! COYRs!!!!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Official! on 20:11 - Feb 21 with 3112 viewsRanger_Things

This will only end in tears.

Good luck Gareth. Poor sod, you’re gonna need it.

U R’s etc.
Official! on 20:14 - Feb 21 with 3093 viewsNed_Kennedys

Official! on 18:40 - Feb 21 by UPPERLOFTNZ

Poor, poor Gareth. T

his is a ludicrously knee jerk appointment identical to when they brought olly back, same situation same reasons.

Didn't work then, won't work now. We'll be looking for his replacement in under a year and paying off another 3 year contract.

Couldn't disagree more: this guy has done a brilliant job at Wycombe with no money building a team spirit our club has not had since the Warnock era. Your comparison to Olly's second stint is embarrassingly wrong: a better comparison would be his first spell and we know how well that went when we were at rock bottom when he joined.

He is just what we need right now.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2023 20:17]
Official! on 20:24 - Feb 21 with 3008 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Official! on 19:42 - Feb 21 by Rangersw12

Or because he wasn't in the managers plans
[Post edited 21 Feb 2023 19:44]

No, he was literally abused into deleting his social media along with Lumley and Eze.
Login to get fewer ads

Official! on 20:38 - Feb 21 with 2891 viewsGreenbay

What a guy.
There's no doubting his passion for our club.
Certainly after watching his interview with us and his two goodbyes to the Wycombe players/staff and also his goodbye with Richard Dobson on the WW twitter - well it was quite emotional.
None of us know what is going to happen over the next 13 games - but one thing we do know - if his passion does not have some affect on our players - then nothing will.
So two things.
If we go down then there's a big clear-out.
If we stay up then some of our players might survive - especially Seny, Dunne, Dickie (he needs a confidence boost), Paal, Field, Chair and yes Kakay (he gives his all for the club).
Dykes may also benefit.
We need players who can play 30+ games a year.
But one thing is for certain and I'm sure it will happen - GA stays regardless.
Official! on 20:39 - Feb 21 with 2870 viewsNed_Kennedys

Official! on 18:26 - Feb 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

QPR fans abused him out of the club. I can't see it.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2023 18:27]

You need to understand the difference between ‘QPR fans’ and ‘a very small number of cockwombles on social media claiming to represent QPR fans’
Official! on 21:17 - Feb 21 with 2727 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Official! on 17:38 - Feb 21 by robith

This sums up a lot for me.Saying goodbye to the players, staff and fans shows the class of those 2 men.Some tears too just shows how much that club meant to them .
GA looks like a gunslinger from the old west.Just throw on a Stetson ,buckle on the gunbelt ,climb on the horse and he is ready to go.
Official! on 21:30 - Feb 21 with 2684 viewstkqpr

Goose bumps listening to that interview, much like when Ollie returned. Lets hope its not just sentiment.

Im hoping that unlike when a lowly Prem team has a couple of managers and they mess it up and then bring in a manager that has Championship know how so if they do get relegated he has can bring them straight back. I wonder if this was in the minds of Les/Hoos re L1? - Im kidding??

Saw this on the Wycomber tweet.....

"Everyone at Wycombe Wanderers will forever remember the memories created by — and the legacy left by — Gareth Ainsworth and Richard Dobson throughout their time at Adams Park, and wishes the two of them, plus Josh, every success for the next chapter of their careers."

The two of them, plus Josh??? - Is the Rat back as well?
Official! on 22:29 - Feb 21 with 2531 viewsdaveB

Official! on 21:30 - Feb 21 by tkqpr

Goose bumps listening to that interview, much like when Ollie returned. Lets hope its not just sentiment.

Im hoping that unlike when a lowly Prem team has a couple of managers and they mess it up and then bring in a manager that has Championship know how so if they do get relegated he has can bring them straight back. I wonder if this was in the minds of Les/Hoos re L1? - Im kidding??

Saw this on the Wycomber tweet.....

"Everyone at Wycombe Wanderers will forever remember the memories created by — and the legacy left by — Gareth Ainsworth and Richard Dobson throughout their time at Adams Park, and wishes the two of them, plus Josh, every success for the next chapter of their careers."

The two of them, plus Josh??? - Is the Rat back as well?

He's brought an analyst with him, Josh Hart
Official! on 23:14 - Feb 21 with 2446 viewsthame_hoops

Official! on 19:41 - Feb 21 by Rangersw12

I know Jamie, a sound guy who is in my fantasy football league. He’s actually a Tottenham fan as well ha ha.
Official! on 23:26 - Feb 21 with 2412 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Cracking interview. Onwards and upwards now.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Official! on 00:02 - Feb 22 with 2276 viewsjohncharles

Official! on 17:20 - Feb 21 by Superhoop83

Welcome back Gareth!

I’m digging out that Binatone shirt. It’s not going to fit but you can’t stop me wearing it 👍🤣👍🤣👍

Strong and stable my arse.

Official! on 03:36 - Feb 22 with 2110 viewskarlski

Reading and watching all the coverage of his appointment has made me, like many others, thoroughly emotional. If that energy powers a rocking Loftus Rd, and gets absorbed into the squad, then we're going to be just fine. And possibly onto something special.

Yes this is precisely the sort of blindly emotional gibberish the club probably want us all to be distracted by...but there was zero of this feeling around Critchley, it's got to count for something? We shall see.
Official! on 06:57 - Feb 22 with 1985 viewsPunteR

So has the algorithm machine been thrown in the bin.?

Official! on 07:20 - Feb 22 with 1945 viewssilky

Official! on 06:57 - Feb 22 by PunteR

Absolutely,

It's like the board are firing an Uzi and no one is strong enough to shoot in a straight line.

Scatter Gun approach.

I'm excited at change and I love Ainsworth but it's not a logical appointment in regards to the styles of the last few managers.

Definitely a distracted, nostalgic tactic by the board.

But I have more hope in Ainsworth than I did with Ollie second appointment which was done under similar circumstances.

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Official! on 07:38 - Feb 22 with 1927 viewsBklynRanger

Official! on 10:17 - Feb 22 with 1714 viewsPunteR

Official! on 07:38 - Feb 22 by BklynRanger

Lol..
Your talking my language now.

Official! on 10:58 - Feb 22 with 1641 viewsW7Ranger

Official! on 13:53 - Feb 22 with 1509 viewsA40Bosh

Official! on 19:38 - Feb 21 by Wegerles_Stairs

Yeah, he was on the shortlist in the summer, so why not go straight to him after Beale left?

I'm excited because he's done his time in the lower leagues and has energy and enthusiasm to burn. My worry is he's dependent on less capable people who lack his experience to build the squad.

Why?

I am guessing we got money for the 🐍 and NC was a free agent so if there was not much to choose between NC and GA then why pay comp to WW.

Either that or the club still had the direct horrible football opinions about GA’s approach and now we have run out of options and have to placate the fans

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Official! on 14:43 - Feb 22 with 1414 viewsHAYESBOY

Smells like a trout farm in here

Official! on 15:55 - Feb 22 with 1328 viewsstantheman10

Official! on 17:34 - Feb 21 by Loyalitat

Welcome and here's wishing him the very best. He'll need it, as trying to motivate the detritus brought into the club by the pot-bellied one, Paal excepted, will be a huge challenge in itself.

In that regard, may I suggest that he introduces the shirkers to Ade Akinfenwa, who will tell them a few home truths about how fortunate they all are to be ostensibly playing at this level, and contrast that to the harsh realities of playing in the lower leagues where many players are on contracts of no more than a year's duration. Something he experienced as a player for long spells in his career.

Better still get Akinfenwa to 'persuade' the poor little mites that they need to respect how fortunate they are!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024