Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ainsworth gone 20:02 - Oct 28 with 28342 viewsMatch82

Official on club site
Ainsworth gone on 20:57 - Oct 28 with 3086 viewsmart_Goblin

Ainsworth gone on 20:54 - Oct 28 by numptydumpty

I think it's nailed on Rowett.

But happy to be surprised myself

From what I hear I agree .

My preference would be Eustace but what do I know
Ainsworth gone on 21:00 - Oct 28 with 3022 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

A complete unknown please. Will at least make sacking them easier.
Ainsworth gone on 21:02 - Oct 28 with 2976 viewsbaz_qpr

Ainsworth gone on 20:51 - Oct 28 by paulhoop2

Sorry to see a legend fail but the correct call has been made. He looked like a guy lost today to be honest. His programme notes about not being a quitter etc was a basically sack me or back me call. He’s a limited coach working above his level same as dobbo. We need a big reset now for me get Neil in he will kick them all up the arse and save us whilst we look for a new long term appointment. Similar to Huddersfield really. Those mentioning Rowett don’t forget it was les that wanted him on 2 occasions previously. Eustace fell out with board so highly doubt he will return same as warbs. Interesting to see hoos speak was he even there today ?
[Post edited 28 Oct 2023 20:52]

Would be amazed if Hoos would have Warnock again after what happened with and post Ramsey.

I also think that most of the players have been "emptying the tank" we can talk about the thinness of the squad etc but the players have not got Gareth the sack, Gareth has got himself the sack with the way he has set up the team and who he has recruited with the little budget they had. Getting the players we had to fit with Gareth was never going to work so it required either wholesale replacement or Gareth fitting himself to the players, neither happened and the accountability has to be with Gareth. He was the one that came in from the start saying he was going to change the way we play, he approved the "Hakka" video, he wanted to be in charge of transfers.

If you preach leadership and accountability you have to live it yourself. He said from the start it would be on him and it is.
Ainsworth gone on 21:06 - Oct 28 with 2863 viewsNed_Kennedys

Ainsworth gone on 20:51 - Oct 28 by paulhoop2

Sorry to see a legend fail but the correct call has been made. He looked like a guy lost today to be honest. His programme notes about not being a quitter etc was a basically sack me or back me call. He’s a limited coach working above his level same as dobbo. We need a big reset now for me get Neil in he will kick them all up the arse and save us whilst we look for a new long term appointment. Similar to Huddersfield really. Those mentioning Rowett don’t forget it was les that wanted him on 2 occasions previously. Eustace fell out with board so highly doubt he will return same as warbs. Interesting to see hoos speak was he even there today ?
[Post edited 28 Oct 2023 20:52]

Sad day but bar a miracle was always going to happen soon as he just couldn’t get the team playing his way and did not have the quality in the squad to cope with injuries and suspensions.

As the only priority this season is to stay up then for me it has to be Warnock.
He has great experience of successfully fighting relegation in this division and will get the best out of our squad. Think he will hit the ground running as well and may even give us a rare new manager bounce.
Ainsworth gone on 21:08 - Oct 28 with 2833 viewsbongo_king

Ainsworth gone on 20:54 - Oct 28 by numptydumpty

I think it's nailed on Rowett.

But happy to be surprised myself

Agreed all signs are pointing the way of Rowett, and without a DOF it's about as good as we can hope for.

If it is I think the football might not be amazing but after the last year of chaos we desperately need stability, and unless its another 1 win in 5 or less disaster appointment, we'll need to stick with him for at least a year to steady the ship. History suggest Rowett could do that.

That said, what really worries me about whoever comes next is, as hinted above, we still don't have a DOF so basically we still don't have a plan.
Ainsworth gone on 21:12 - Oct 28 with 2764 viewsAntti_Heinola

Terrified it's going to be Rowett or Jones.
Rowett is anti-football, and while he *may* steady the ship, he too will be gone inside a year because we're (rightly) not a club that accepts terrible, negative football.
Jones is hateful.

Feel for Gaz, but this was inevitable from the moment he was appointed. The wrong appointment, clearly the wrong appointment, I said it would be painful and it has been. Another hero ruined. I'll love him forever, mind.

Unless Reilly has been out and found a sh!t-hot DoF who already has a plan and coach in mind, the sensible option is Warnock until the summer, give ourselves time to sort things out.

Bare bones.

Ainsworth gone on 21:13 - Oct 28 with 2713 viewsDamo1962

Ainsworth gone on 20:29 - Oct 28 by BazzaInTheLoft

Enjoy Mayfair tonight boys, I hope you get the nastiest motherfcker in football history managing you soon.

This 👍
Ainsworth gone on 21:15 - Oct 28 with 2713 viewsNorthantsHoop

Ainsworth gone on 21:08 - Oct 28 by bongo_king

Agreed all signs are pointing the way of Rowett, and without a DOF it's about as good as we can hope for.

If it is I think the football might not be amazing but after the last year of chaos we desperately need stability, and unless its another 1 win in 5 or less disaster appointment, we'll need to stick with him for at least a year to steady the ship. History suggest Rowett could do that.

That said, what really worries me about whoever comes next is, as hinted above, we still don't have a DOF so basically we still don't have a plan.

Think Rowett would be a decent choice, he could get something out of this lot of players, liked how he got Millwall competitive also had Birmingham a few season back firing.
Login to get fewer ads

Ainsworth gone on 21:16 - Oct 28 with 2676 viewscharmr

The football he dishes up is unwatchable. Mercy killing for the game.
Ainsworth gone on 21:16 - Oct 28 with 2655 viewsmart_Goblin

Ainsworth gone on 21:06 - Oct 28 by Ned_Kennedys

Sad day but bar a miracle was always going to happen soon as he just couldn’t get the team playing his way and did not have the quality in the squad to cope with injuries and suspensions.

As the only priority this season is to stay up then for me it has to be Warnock.
He has great experience of successfully fighting relegation in this division and will get the best out of our squad. Think he will hit the ground running as well and may even give us a rare new manager bounce.

With what NW has done in recent seasons I can’t disagree
Ainsworth gone on 21:18 - Oct 28 with 2598 viewsrbee

All we need is someone who can get a tune out of our squad of players, something the last four managers have failed to do.

Easy Peasy.
Ainsworth gone on 21:22 - Oct 28 with 2509 viewscharmr

Come on, we have all played a bit and know something about the game. You want to play in a team that plays like that. No me neither. Soulless and Joyless.

His own fault.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2023 21:23]
Ainsworth gone on 21:25 - Oct 28 with 2463 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ainsworth gone on 21:12 - Oct 28 by Antti_Heinola

Terrified it's going to be Rowett or Jones.
Rowett is anti-football, and while he *may* steady the ship, he too will be gone inside a year because we're (rightly) not a club that accepts terrible, negative football.
Jones is hateful.

Feel for Gaz, but this was inevitable from the moment he was appointed. The wrong appointment, clearly the wrong appointment, I said it would be painful and it has been. Another hero ruined. I'll love him forever, mind.

Unless Reilly has been out and found a sh!t-hot DoF who already has a plan and coach in mind, the sensible option is Warnock until the summer, give ourselves time to sort things out.

I just can’t see these players respecting Warnock Antii.
Ainsworth gone on 21:30 - Oct 28 with 2387 viewsBucksRanger

Ainsworth gone on 20:29 - Oct 28 by BazzaInTheLoft

Enjoy Mayfair tonight boys, I hope you get the nastiest motherfcker in football history managing you soon.

Here he is boys. You can call him Patrick if you dare.

Ainsworth gone on 21:32 - Oct 28 with 2363 viewsE17hoop

I feel for Ainsworth but it is a mercy killing.

My fear is, as it has been for many years and through many changes, what if the new guy doesn't make a difference?

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Ainsworth gone on 21:33 - Oct 28 with 2342 viewsbosh67

I hope it was done like one of those scenes in an old 50s movie where the farmer takes his faithful old dog behind the shed with a shotgun and aims it at him. But then he can't pull the trigger as the old dog looks lovingly into his eyes. The farmer gives in as the tears roll down his face.

"Go Gareth, scram," and Gareth saunters off into the nearby scrub.
He turns around as the farmer lets off a shot into the sky which startles Gareth to run until the farmer can no longer see him.
"Run, Gareth my friend. Run and be free. Live out your days in happiness. No one can hurt you now!"

I kind of hope they did it like that.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ainsworth gone on 21:33 - Oct 28 with 2330 viewsStanisgod

Ainsworth gone on 20:39 - Oct 28 by qprxtc

Shame they can’t sack the f ucking players.

At least Gareth won’t be abused any longer.

Agree. Pity you cant sack players as well. Start with Dozy and Colback.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Ainsworth gone on 21:36 - Oct 28 with 2281 viewsStanisgod

Ainsworth gone on 21:15 - Oct 28 by NorthantsHoop

Think Rowett would be a decent choice, he could get something out of this lot of players, liked how he got Millwall competitive also had Birmingham a few season back firing.

My Waaaaallll mate hated him. Awful football glad he went.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Ainsworth gone on 21:38 - Oct 28 with 2261 viewsbosh67

Ainsworth gone on 21:36 - Oct 28 by Stanisgod

My Waaaaallll mate hated him. Awful football glad he went.

Yet his stats are generally very good.

Does it matter though. Whoever comes in has got a striker who only scores for Scotland, another who has scored one goal ever and two others that have never scored a professional goal. What's not to like?
[Post edited 28 Oct 2023 21:54]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ainsworth gone on 21:39 - Oct 28 with 2240 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ainsworth gone on 21:25 - Oct 28 by BazzaInTheLoft

I just can’t see these players respecting Warnock Antii.

Players like playing for him. Period.

I'm not going to speak too much about the players, I'm well outspoken on it, and your Mayfair comment differs from how I feel. But as I've said countless times on here, this season what I see is players at a total loss of what they're supposed to be doing, the 'plan' such as it is, is easily picked apart by every team we play, and doesn't suit the players we have. The simple fact that we went into the season with a game in which the whole world could see would end in disaster (there had been quite the clue the week before), which it then did, and only then did he think 'hmm, maybe I'll change it now' speaks volumes. How did he not see it before everyone else? I'm not saying the players are blameless, but players need direction and clarity. At this level, 'emptying the tank' isn't enough anymore. Under Warbs, I never once felt the players abandoned him, although he lost his way towards the end. Under Beale, while there was a tough last couple of weeks (hugely overstated, as if teams never have sticky patches), the players knew the plan and played expansive, exciting football the majority of the time. Critchley was an uninspiring idiot who thought calling people losers and taking zero responsibility himself would help his cause. Players like Warnock. Not all, no manager is universally popular. But they like him and he gives clarity and brings joy to the game. Ideally, I'd rather it not be him, I'd rather have the progressive coach we're crying out for, but if the other choice is Rowett, which is a terrible fit, I'd take Neil any day.

Bare bones.

Ainsworth gone on 21:40 - Oct 28 with 2232 viewsdutch

Ainsworth gone on 20:55 - Oct 28 by PlanetHonneywood

Should never have been given the gig!

All our problems since 2011 start in KL, and they'll continue until these clueless individuals go. Not sure who the firm of headhunters we're using for the DOF, but we'd be better off instructing Brentford to do our appointing.

Thank you for trying Gaz, you were never the man for this cesspit of an operation.

KL? Kings Lynne perhaps.
Ainsworth gone on 21:42 - Oct 28 with 2189 viewsBluce_Ree

I wanted him out and am glad he's gone but I'll be rooting for him to do well in his next job for sure.

Absolute shite for us though.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Ainsworth gone on 21:45 - Oct 28 with 2150 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ainsworth gone on 21:39 - Oct 28 by Antti_Heinola

Players like playing for him. Period.

I'm not going to speak too much about the players, I'm well outspoken on it, and your Mayfair comment differs from how I feel. But as I've said countless times on here, this season what I see is players at a total loss of what they're supposed to be doing, the 'plan' such as it is, is easily picked apart by every team we play, and doesn't suit the players we have. The simple fact that we went into the season with a game in which the whole world could see would end in disaster (there had been quite the clue the week before), which it then did, and only then did he think 'hmm, maybe I'll change it now' speaks volumes. How did he not see it before everyone else? I'm not saying the players are blameless, but players need direction and clarity. At this level, 'emptying the tank' isn't enough anymore. Under Warbs, I never once felt the players abandoned him, although he lost his way towards the end. Under Beale, while there was a tough last couple of weeks (hugely overstated, as if teams never have sticky patches), the players knew the plan and played expansive, exciting football the majority of the time. Critchley was an uninspiring idiot who thought calling people losers and taking zero responsibility himself would help his cause. Players like Warnock. Not all, no manager is universally popular. But they like him and he gives clarity and brings joy to the game. Ideally, I'd rather it not be him, I'd rather have the progressive coach we're crying out for, but if the other choice is Rowett, which is a terrible fit, I'd take Neil any day.

(Other) Players liked playing for Ainsworth too. See Wycombe.

For every Derry, Hill, and Kenny there is a Barton, Vine, or Puncheon.

I feel we have a squad full of the latter.

We aren’t Rotherham or Huddersfield, or anything like that 2011 squad. I’d hope that Fox, Morgan, and Colback might be enough.

Edit: sorry I’m on the hoof and didn’t read your comment fully. Agree with lots of it but I can’t see it working.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2023 21:48]
Ainsworth gone on 21:50 - Oct 28 with 2056 viewsbrad

i hope we go for warnock.....to keep us up...its desperate at the moment...
Ainsworth gone on 21:51 - Oct 28 with 2038 viewsQuite_Possibly_Ropey

Looks like Sharon has given the green light...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/10/28/neil-warnock-gareth-ainsworth-sa
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024