Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pederson Yates and cullen 21:55 - Oct 24 with 4715 viewsangryjack

Should be playing park football
[Post edited 24 Oct 2023 21:56]
Pederson Yates and cullen on 20:51 - Oct 25 with 808 viewsSullutaCreturned

Pederson Yates and cullen on 14:27 - Oct 25 by angryjack

He can't do the basics his touch ain't best he's as weak as p!ss, his movement is non existent must be so easy to mark,his decision making on the ball is questionable don't release when should gets caught in possession tries useless flicks which came to costing us a goal last night..ye he's not much better than a park's player..if you want someone to work hard and close down any clown if fit can do that but as a footballing brain I not seen it yet

Well then, ANY parks player if fit eh?

When I was at my peak as a parks player, as fit as I ever was I took part in a charity football match. I got to mark Alan Curtis who had by then retired and was in his mid forties. maybe it should have been easy for me to just work hard and close him down but when he had the ball I never got closer to him than about 3 ft away. he wasn't even trying that hard, never broke sweat but trying to catch him had me worn out by half time.

The point of that is, it's easy to sit in the stands and say these things but the quality that these players have, the gap between them and parks players is a lot more than many people seem to think.

OK, Yates is no Curt but I've seen enough from him this season to know he is far better than a parks player.
I've never really rated Cullen but I like the look of Pederson. I think he'll do ok over all.
Pederson Yates and cullen on 20:59 - Oct 25 with 797 viewsFireboy2

Pederson Yates and cullen on 20:28 - Oct 25 by Dr_Winston

Nearly 24 hours later and he's still whining.

The last month or so must have been tough.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

He must struggle not having anything to stress over.
Pederson Yates and cullen on 21:02 - Oct 25 with 788 viewsDr_Winston

Pederson Yates and cullen on 20:51 - Oct 25 by SullutaCreturned

When I was at my peak as a parks player, as fit as I ever was I took part in a charity football match. I got to mark Alan Curtis who had by then retired and was in his mid forties. maybe it should have been easy for me to just work hard and close him down but when he had the ball I never got closer to him than about 3 ft away. he wasn't even trying that hard, never broke sweat but trying to catch him had me worn out by half time.

The point of that is, it's easy to sit in the stands and say these things but the quality that these players have, the gap between them and parks players is a lot more than many people seem to think.

OK, Yates is no Curt but I've seen enough from him this season to know he is far better than a parks player.
I've never really rated Cullen but I like the look of Pederson. I think he'll do ok over all.

I once played five a side against Jonathan Coates. Coatsey was nobody's idea of a great player but he looked like Zidane against us.

To be blunt, anyone who compares a player good enough to earn a living from the game at the second highest level to a "parks player" is clearly not going to be troubling the Mensa membership committee any time soon.

This is an overall problem with far too many people. Everything is either brilliant or sh*t, unless you're someone like AJ or Perchy when all you're interested in is something to bitch about. There's little room for nuanced opinion any more.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2023 21:04]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Pederson Yates and cullen on 21:03 - Oct 25 with 783 viewsonehunglow

Meanwhile back on topic…

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Pederson Yates and cullen on 21:04 - Oct 25 with 783 viewsFireboy2

I like you 😍
Pederson Yates and cullen on 21:06 - Oct 25 with 773 viewsFireboy2

'Is clearly not going to be troubling the Mensa membership committee any time soon'

I have honestly p!ssed myself laughing 🤣
Pederson Yates and cullen on 21:08 - Oct 25 with 762 viewsKeithHaynes

The likes of David Hough, Phil Dwyer RIP and others joined south wales police.
I can assure anyone who is bothered to listen they were untouchable. Dwyer in his mid forties was yards ahead in mind and fitness. Unplayable.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Pederson Yates and cullen on 21:11 - Oct 25 with 746 viewsFireboy2

Pederson Yates and cullen on 21:06 - Oct 25 by Fireboy2

'Is clearly not going to be troubling the Mensa membership committee any time soon'

I have honestly p!ssed myself laughing 🤣

And that saying will probably go right over the their heads

Whooooooosh.
Login to get fewer ads

Pederson Yates and cullen on 21:11 - Oct 25 with 745 viewsjack247

Pederson Yates and cullen on 20:19 - Oct 25 by onehunglow

Jumbo mumbo
I ll save you the trouble
[Post edited 25 Oct 2023 20:21]

You could have made a salient point about Pedersen, Yates and Cullen there. Give it a go
Pederson Yates and cullen on 22:02 - Oct 25 with 725 viewsangryjack

Played with Curtis for a season in early nineties about 1993 at Morriston Town.. played with Danny Bartley at port Talbot.. he was player assistant manager at time yes head and shoulders above park players also played with a couple ex pros who won't name who the park players were better so that can work both ways..many a pro are lucky to be laking a living and when they drop down park players better
Pederson Yates and cullen on 22:14 - Oct 25 with 691 viewsonehunglow

Pederson Yates and cullen on 22:02 - Oct 25 by angryjack

Played with Curtis for a season in early nineties about 1993 at Morriston Town.. played with Danny Bartley at port Talbot.. he was player assistant manager at time yes head and shoulders above park players also played with a couple ex pros who won't name who the park players were better so that can work both ways..many a pro are lucky to be laking a living and when they drop down park players better

Shall we join Mensa?

Pederson Yates and cullen on 22:24 - Oct 25 with 676 viewsDr_Winston

Pederson Yates and cullen on 22:14 - Oct 25 by onehunglow

Shall we join Mensa?

You need a high IQ to do that.

Sorry.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Pederson Yates and cullen on 17:32 - Oct 28 with 550 viewsdantheswansman

Zzzz Zzzz Zzzz lost count of the strikers we have had, never play to their strengths and then they go on to tear it up in the next team they play for
Yates is a good player but we don't play to his strengths and unfortunately he isn't a miracle worker
I will reserve judgement on Cullen and Pederson but to call Yates bad is a load of rubbish
Pederson Yates and cullen on 17:45 - Oct 28 with 508 viewsonehunglow

Pederson Yates and cullen on 22:24 - Oct 25 by Dr_Winston

You need a high IQ to do that.

Sorry.

Bit delayed but nevertheless .

Pederson Yates and cullen on 17:46 - Oct 28 with 508 viewsangryjack

Pederson Yates and cullen on 17:32 - Oct 28 by dantheswansman

Zzzz Zzzz Zzzz lost count of the strikers we have had, never play to their strengths and then they go on to tear it up in the next team they play for
Yates is a good player but we don't play to his strengths and unfortunately he isn't a miracle worker
I will reserve judgement on Cullen and Pederson but to call Yates bad is a load of rubbish

It's not a load of rubbish in my opinion he's got no strength no trickery no pace his touch not best his movement not great he can't make things happen for himself,at least cullen engineered his own goal out nothing g today..Yates is struggling
Pederson Yates and cullen on 17:51 - Oct 28 with 500 viewsonehunglow

Pederson Yates and cullen on 17:46 - Oct 28 by angryjack

It's not a load of rubbish in my opinion he's got no strength no trickery no pace his touch not best his movement not great he can't make things happen for himself,at least cullen engineered his own goal out nothing g today..Yates is struggling

I’m gonna have my IQ checked .
I’m assuming you will too.
Us being failures,dullards and thick.
Yates had @nither golden chance today ,a straightforward chance at goal ,and blew it.
He looks,as I say forlorn and it’s not to do with how we play,IMO. It is the player himself
On the “ positive “ side,Cullen s goal was @ thing of beauty so well done .

Ru#hworth thoigh seems to have caught Fisheritis with his touch finding ability .
Cracking keeper though

Pederson Yates and cullen on 17:53 - Oct 28 with 497 viewsdantheswansman

His stats tell a very different story of a very different player, the guy was a shining light for Blackpool, his movement is his best quality, players go through a lull sometimes and i have no question in my mind he comes good, i mean 4 goals in 12 is not a "bad player"
People are too quick to right off players based on very little, there are still 32 games to go, we are 5 points from 6th, why the panic? and as i have said before i want that big Ukrainian guy to have a chance, 10 minutes here and there is not giving him a chance and i believe he can be quality
Pederson Yates and cullen on 17:57 - Oct 28 with 491 viewsonehunglow

Pederson Yates and cullen on 17:53 - Oct 28 by dantheswansman

His stats tell a very different story of a very different player, the guy was a shining light for Blackpool, his movement is his best quality, players go through a lull sometimes and i have no question in my mind he comes good, i mean 4 goals in 12 is not a "bad player"
People are too quick to right off players based on very little, there are still 32 games to go, we are 5 points from 6th, why the panic? and as i have said before i want that big Ukrainian guy to have a chance, 10 minutes here and there is not giving him a chance and i believe he can be quality

He WAS .
It’s @ll about the now.
He may well come good but NOW ,he isn’t effective

Pederson Yates and cullen on 18:00 - Oct 28 with 484 viewsjack247

I think his movement is good as well. I get the point about his hold up play, but I don’t think anyone expected him to be Trundle or Bony with his back to goal.

I’d like to see Kukharevych in that role too. I’d be happy with Yates and Cullen sharing the wider role, with one coming on for the other after an hour or so.
Pederson Yates and cullen on 18:08 - Oct 28 with 468 viewsonehunglow

Pederson Yates and cullen on 18:00 - Oct 28 by jack247

I think his movement is good as well. I get the point about his hold up play, but I don’t think anyone expected him to be Trundle or Bony with his back to goal.

I’d like to see Kukharevych in that role too. I’d be happy with Yates and Cullen sharing the wider role, with one coming on for the other after an hour or so.

Think that’s a good idea .
Anyway, RWC on soon and hopefully we will see my new Saffa facebook “ friends “ stuffed by the Precious Ones.

Pederson Yates and cullen on 18:11 - Oct 28 with 460 viewsWhiterockin

Stats can be misleading. He scored a third of his teams goals last season. He was one of the better players in a very poor team who got relegated with a goal difference of -24. He is now playing in a better team, with better players and more scoring options. He looks to be lacking in my opinion. Watching him live he drifts out of the game, today watching on the TV I couldn't see it as you can't see what is happening off the ball. If we had another fit number 9 I think his place would be in danger.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Pederson Yates and cullen on 18:17 - Oct 28 with 440 viewsangryjack

If I was you I wouldn't look at stats too much as what's written on paper is a different story on the pitch if I'm a centre half and I make 200 completed passes back to the keeper my stats say I got a 100%pass rate but its not affected the game whatsoever,stats can be a false indicator..I'd rather a player have a 20%pass rate if 2 them passes out of 10 split a defence and 2 goals are scored..so where are these stats saying Yates is a good player as I not seen a good player in him..he offers zero at moment
Pederson Yates and cullen on 19:45 - Oct 28 with 387 viewsFireboy2

He didn't today, did you watch?
Pederson Yates and cullen on 19:51 - Oct 28 with 381 viewsFireboy2

Pederson Yates and cullen on 18:11 - Oct 28 by Whiterockin

Stats can be misleading. He scored a third of his teams goals last season. He was one of the better players in a very poor team who got relegated with a goal difference of -24. He is now playing in a better team, with better players and more scoring options. He looks to be lacking in my opinion. Watching him live he drifts out of the game, today watching on the TV I couldn't see it as you can't see what is happening off the ball. If we had another fit number 9 I think his place would be in danger.

I watched him purposely just because of his naysayers and i can tell you imo that his runs are intelligent, he did at least 10 without reward but the amount of work off the ball is out of this world, he never stopped whilst he was on, which is great considering he played most of the game, he put the bburn defence under alot of pressure, he played his part in a great win.
Pederson Yates and cullen on 20:03 - Oct 28 with 374 viewsDr_Winston

Pederson Yates and cullen on 19:51 - Oct 28 by Fireboy2

I watched him purposely just because of his naysayers and i can tell you imo that his runs are intelligent, he did at least 10 without reward but the amount of work off the ball is out of this world, he never stopped whilst he was on, which is great considering he played most of the game, he put the bburn defence under alot of pressure, he played his part in a great win.

Yates's workrate is unquestionable unless you're purposely trying to ignore it. That was the main thing promised us by the Blackpool fans and they weren't wrong.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024