Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A heads up for season ticket holders 10:00 - Sep 24 with 1544 viewsdmm

Slip sliding away: football season-ticket holders fear falling down pecking order https://www.theguardian.com/fo

The article says there is a growing fear that executives would prefer stadiums full of one-off tourists to ST holders. Could this be true at QPR? I don't think so at this point in time but should demand for seats outstrip supply, which might happen if we ever got promoted, we may well see the kind of squeeze on ST holders the article outlines.
0
A heads up for season ticket holders on 10:03 - Sep 24 with 1506 viewswombat

Can see it happening in the future , simple fact is new fans each week spend more money , shirts merch u name it , the regs dont , be the same as away fans being banned in the future , less policing costs more seats aval due to no segregation needed , more money for the clubs which is always the bottom line

Poll: which is your favouite foot

0
A heads up for season ticket holders on 10:28 - Sep 24 with 1431 viewsNorthernr

We got a bit of a taste of it in the Premier League last time when loads of South Koreans came to watch Park.

It's not an issue in the Championship - season tickets are still basically your biggest income along with the TV money so remain important. The big issue we'll have in this league is this new PSR thing will force clubs to jack them as high as you possibly can get away with. I'd expect to see a bit of a war on concessions across our level over the next years, and we've already seen that start with QPR this year.

Premier League, different ball game. Season ticket income absolutely dwarfed by TV and prize money, so far less important. We'd be very vulnerable playing up there in London and in a ground with only 18,000 seats.

This is why I said last year when they got rid of free U8s, 23-25s, jacked the prizes up... don't let it pass by without comment because all they'll do is think 'what else can we get away with'.
9
A heads up for season ticket holders on 11:16 - Sep 24 with 1290 viewsHayesender

I personally know of two season ticket holders, who in the last 18 months or so have probably gone to four games between them, and not one yet this season.

Now, it's their money to waste as they please, but if supply starts outgoing demand, I can see a man utd type scenario where if you miss X amount of games, your season ticket would be blocked.

Myself, I very rarely attend midweek games, as I'm a bit too long in the tooth to be getting home way past midnight, but I always offer it to a mate for the price of a beer,so at least it goes to a good home

Poll: Shamima Beghum

0
A heads up for season ticket holders on 11:18 - Sep 24 with 1286 viewsNorthernr

A heads up for season ticket holders on 11:16 - Sep 24 by Hayesender

I personally know of two season ticket holders, who in the last 18 months or so have probably gone to four games between them, and not one yet this season.

Now, it's their money to waste as they please, but if supply starts outgoing demand, I can see a man utd type scenario where if you miss X amount of games, your season ticket would be blocked.

Myself, I very rarely attend midweek games, as I'm a bit too long in the tooth to be getting home way past midnight, but I always offer it to a mate for the price of a beer,so at least it goes to a good home


Yeh there's a couple near us maybe do half the games at most.
0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026