Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SCOTLAND 02:12 - Sep 18 with 10942 viewsSonofNorfolt

BTW

NOOOOOOOOOOOO.

SCOTLAND on 07:26 - Sep 18 with 3813 viewskomradkirk

Has to be a no from me as well.
SCOTLAND on 07:30 - Sep 18 with 3803 viewskingsburyR

I think they will bottle it!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

SCOTLAND on 07:31 - Sep 18 with 3802 viewsbosh67

I spent the last two days in Glasgow and got back last night. Hardly met anyone saying no. Everyone seemed to be a yes or don't know. At this rate the don't knows may win and get there own country.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

SCOTLAND on 07:37 - Sep 18 with 3785 viewskropotkin41

It's going to be very close it seems.

If I was living in Scotland I'd turn out and vote yes.

You can't expect Scotland to go on forever putting up with right wing governments it hasn't voted for, stupid wars that the UK gets involved in, and looking after bloody useless nuclear weapons that most Scots don't want at all let alone in Scotland.

Also, anyone who regularly travels around the Schengen Agreement countries will know that in grown-up parts of the world independence doesn't mean the end of the world.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

SCOTLAND on 07:45 - Sep 18 with 3767 viewsQPR_John

SCOTLAND on 07:37 - Sep 18 by kropotkin41

You can't expect Scotland to go on forever putting up with right wing governments it hasn't voted for, stupid wars that the UK gets involved in, and looking after bloody useless nuclear weapons that most Scots don't want at all let alone in Scotland.

Also, anyone who regularly travels around the Schengen Agreement countries will know that in grown-up parts of the world independence doesn't mean the end of the world.

"You can't expect Scotland to go on forever putting up with right wing governments it hasn't voted for"

Many times I have had to put up with governments I have not voted for - can I claim independence

I have really never quite understood that argument. The political landscape of England usually means the north do not get the government it voted for when the Conservatives are in and vice versa for the south when Labour is in.
SCOTLAND on 07:47 - Sep 18 with 3759 viewsElHoop

I think that it will be a no. I was up there a couple of weeks ago and the young motormouths of the population tend to be 'Yes' and very enthusiastic but you get the impression that most of the silent majority are going to be 'No'. I don't like the idea of 'Yes' particularly when it's so close. You would have a lot of baggage to carry with almost 50% of the population going into something written on not much more than the back of an envelope. If it were 80:20 to Yes then you'd have a chance of pulling through but there's a lot of definite 'No's out there who won't be pulling too hard if it gets tough.
SCOTLAND on 07:48 - Sep 18 with 3756 viewsN12Hoop

This is a country who, if they don't get all the oil revenue, will end up in a worse position then Greece once they lose all their UK subsidies. All the money will flee South unless they turn it into a tax haven. It could be an utter disaster. They'd be mad to say Yes.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

SCOTLAND on 07:50 - Sep 18 with 3754 viewsElHoop

What about the idiotic Scottish leaders we've had for whom i've never voted? All of them since Major seem to be Scottish to some extent or the other, and they've been backed up by plenty of other Scotsi n cabinet, so they carry their full share of the shit we've got into thanks very much. Probably more than their share.
Login to get fewer ads

SCOTLAND on 07:50 - Sep 18 with 3752 viewsGloucs_R

and now some of the Welsh saying they want independence. Clueless. Who would pay all of their benefits and what would happen when we move public sector jobs back to England?

Poll: Are we staying up?

SCOTLAND on 08:07 - Sep 18 with 3715 viewsLblock

If we can find a rich seam of oil or fracked gas in Northumberland and also perfect distilling whisky in Brighton then we are laughing.
Bin 'em off and NEVER let 'em back plus re-build Hadrains Wall to a higher level
They'll be skint and begging in a couple of years!

Och Aye!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

SCOTLAND on 08:14 - Sep 18 with 3702 viewsbosh67

If it is a no vote I am waiting for the Sun headline 'Och aye the noo'

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

SCOTLAND on 08:21 - Sep 18 with 3684 viewsdoogi55

get who you voted for so get independence then scotland vote the tories in you still get the government you aint voted for jeez stupid argument.
5 yrs tiill tahy would be allowed to rejoin europe the spainsh pm said but they dont believe him you cant use the pound says the bank of england they dont believe them they will get more powers the dont believe it.#
they believe alac salmond jeez hope they vote yes and when it all falls apart you will hear the screams in london
SCOTLAND on 08:28 - Sep 18 with 3669 viewsbatmanhoop

if I was under 30, Yes, being older and I hope wiser, No
SCOTLAND on 08:44 - Sep 18 with 3631 viewsThGrimRanger

SCOTLAND on 07:31 - Sep 18 by bosh67

I spent the last two days in Glasgow and got back last night. Hardly met anyone saying no. Everyone seemed to be a yes or don't know. At this rate the don't knows may win and get there own country.

I'll bet you a deep fried mars bar it'll be a comfortable 'No'.

TheGrimRanger

SCOTLAND on 08:53 - Sep 18 with 3604 viewssmegma

London puts three times the amount of money into the British economy than the whole of Scotland. Can we know claim independence as I'm fed up with baling out the rest of the UK.
SCOTLAND on 08:54 - Sep 18 with 3598 viewskropotkin41

I don't want to get into a massive row about this because next to some questions Scottish independence is pretty trivial really.

To be honest, I hope the Scots vote yes just so that they stick their fingers up at all the knee-jerk Unionist twonks, self-identifying "British", and scaremongers who'd rather argue that all change is dangerous than actually try a different road.

The politics of Eeyore pretty much dominates this forum.

SCOTLAND on 08:57 - Sep 18 with 3585 viewsRangersw12

Vote Yes
SCOTLAND on 08:58 - Sep 18 with 3583 viewskropotkin41

SCOTLAND on 08:53 - Sep 18 by smegma

London puts three times the amount of money into the British economy than the whole of Scotland. Can we know claim independence as I'm fed up with baling out the rest of the UK.

Most of the rest of the UK is fed up with London. London might well generate money but it has distorted the whole British economy and development for 300+ years. The part of the UK that is actually out of step with the rest is London. Scotland might actually be a great deal keener to stay with the rest of the UK if London became Boristan.

SCOTLAND on 09:00 - Sep 18 with 3568 viewssimmo

SCOTLAND on 08:58 - Sep 18 by kropotkin41

Most of the rest of the UK is fed up with London. London might well generate money but it has distorted the whole British economy and development for 300+ years. The part of the UK that is actually out of step with the rest is London. Scotland might actually be a great deal keener to stay with the rest of the UK if London became Boristan.

That;s because London is the best place in the world.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

SCOTLAND on 09:01 - Sep 18 with 3563 viewsYorkRanger

SCOTLAND on 08:54 - Sep 18 by kropotkin41

I don't want to get into a massive row about this because next to some questions Scottish independence is pretty trivial really.

To be honest, I hope the Scots vote yes just so that they stick their fingers up at all the knee-jerk Unionist twonks, self-identifying "British", and scaremongers who'd rather argue that all change is dangerous than actually try a different road.

The politics of Eeyore pretty much dominates this forum.

I think the best outcome is a no vote but it will clearly be a close call.

The concern is the economics are very complex, particularly in relation to currency and if Scotland are not allowed to use sterling then they will have some very challenging situations to managed.

That aside there are some very interesting questions about how they build the required infrastructure as an independent nation and the associated cost e.g.embassies, intelligent service, armed forces. There has also been an absence of any detaila round areas such as foreign policy, views on europe etc.

There was a good piece in the FT yesterday, that should be essential reading before anyone in Scotland completes a ballot paper. Sadly blind nationalism will be driving many.
SCOTLAND on 09:03 - Sep 18 with 3560 viewsdoogi55

vote yes and wreck your country just to stick your fingers up at england and london priceless
SCOTLAND on 09:05 - Sep 18 with 3558 viewsTheBlob

SCOTLAND on 08:58 - Sep 18 by kropotkin41

I really think you should spend less time talking with your carrots.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

SCOTLAND on 09:24 - Sep 18 with 3528 viewsDiscodroids

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/10703840_1015234

Johns a 'no' apparently .

where next on the world stage for brave patriot John barrowman of Los Angeles after this courageous molestation of fresh chicken????? , thus showcasing the Bigoted english dogs we truly are.

if only john was at tiananmen square in ozwald boateng tarten, who knows how it could have turned out.
those type 59 tanks wouldnt have been so brash when faced with a jaunty braveheart dressed as nancy from 'oliver' .

thanks for telling the scots how to vote john, what times the flight back to L.A ?
[Post edited 18 Sep 2014 9:26]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

SCOTLAND on 09:26 - Sep 18 with 3520 viewsjohann28

SCOTLAND on 07:47 - Sep 18 by ElHoop

I think that it will be a no. I was up there a couple of weeks ago and the young motormouths of the population tend to be 'Yes' and very enthusiastic but you get the impression that most of the silent majority are going to be 'No'. I don't like the idea of 'Yes' particularly when it's so close. You would have a lot of baggage to carry with almost 50% of the population going into something written on not much more than the back of an envelope. If it were 80:20 to Yes then you'd have a chance of pulling through but there's a lot of definite 'No's out there who won't be pulling too hard if it gets tough.

Yes - I'm surprised it was arranged on a simple majority basis - thus leaving us with the distinct possibility that if, say, there's an 80% turn out and just over half vote Yes, then we'll be in a situation where most people will not have voted for independence. A two-thirds majority would surely have been better for such an important change.
SCOTLAND on 09:30 - Sep 18 with 3505 viewspaulparker

it will be a yes,
as ive said on another post , this has all the hallmarks of "NEW LABOUR" in 97
all the students & other young crusties will be voting in their droves as its "cool" to be independent
good luck to them I say,
but this will go t*ts up at some stage and when it does the rest of the GB should say go fcuk yourselves if they come begging back

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024