Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joey Barton 12:16 - Nov 23 with 3474 viewsMarc

What are our thoughts on him? Did we look better as a team while he was out injured?

Would he be in your starting 11 when everyone is available?

I'm not convinced by him at this level and feel we looked a more cohesive unit during his absence.

I'd happily settle for the Sandro-Henry partnership in the middle, as long as both (mainly Sandro) can stay fit.

Just a coincidence that yesterdays second half performance with Barton in the centre was back to the bad days of earlier in the season?
Joey Barton on 16:05 - Nov 24 with 987 viewsvegasranger

Joey Barton on 15:44 - Nov 24 by SonofNorfolt

Of course I have been watching us, hundreds more games than you ever have.

Henry is awful. He takes two touches when every one else takes one, as for distribution, don't even start.
Were you there at Wolves the other year? If you were then you would know better.

At least Henry knows his limitations and plays for the team. Barton runs around like a headless chicken, he's always on the verge of being booked because of the way he tackles and he can't keep his big mouth shut. We have looked more organized with him out the team.
Joey Barton on 16:07 - Nov 24 with 979 viewsPinnerPaul

Problem with JB is everybody has pre conceived ideas/opinions and won't vary from them regardless of performance
Joey Barton on 16:54 - Nov 24 with 947 viewssimmo

Joey Barton on 16:07 - Nov 24 by PinnerPaul

Problem with JB is everybody has pre conceived ideas/opinions and won't vary from them regardless of performance

That's not true. I thought he was a cnt, but he came in last season, got his head down and was an excellent addition to the team and a big reason we managed to get promoted. His performances at times were varied but we almost always played better as a team with him on the pitch. This season, is still hit and miss, the difference being we now have players that are better within their specific positions. The fact he is such an egotistical tw@t does also come into it, but wouldn't matter at all if he played consistently well and made a midfield position his own.

Mel, I agree with you on most things, and would have been right behind your point for most of his time at the club, but Henry has been a big reason our performances have improved since WH, he's the only player we have in midfield that can play 90mins and track opposition runners. His passing and touch have been much improved also. He's one of the first names on the team sheet in current form and with all the injuries to midfielders (especially 'the beast') we've been very lucky to have him available.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Joey Barton on 22:37 - Nov 24 with 898 viewsderbyhoop

I can see where Mel is coming from.

Henry has played a few good games, where he has played within his limitations. But those limitations are what holds him back. He takes 3 times as long as most PL midfielders to decide what to do. Nobody is proclaiming him as a creative player, are they? With Sandro alongside, we lack pace and creativity. Barton, by contrast, is a PL player, albeit half as good as he tells people he is. I wish he'd cut out the Hollywood passes and keep it much simpler and his dead ball delivery still needs work. But overall, he is a better player than Henry.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Joey Barton on 23:21 - Nov 24 with 874 viewsPunteR

Crap post deleted.
Where's Neil SI when you want an intelligent and succinct post about Henry.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2014 0:07]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Joey Barton on 23:53 - Nov 24 with 857 viewssmegma

Joey Barton on 16:54 - Nov 24 by simmo

That's not true. I thought he was a cnt, but he came in last season, got his head down and was an excellent addition to the team and a big reason we managed to get promoted. His performances at times were varied but we almost always played better as a team with him on the pitch. This season, is still hit and miss, the difference being we now have players that are better within their specific positions. The fact he is such an egotistical tw@t does also come into it, but wouldn't matter at all if he played consistently well and made a midfield position his own.

Mel, I agree with you on most things, and would have been right behind your point for most of his time at the club, but Henry has been a big reason our performances have improved since WH, he's the only player we have in midfield that can play 90mins and track opposition runners. His passing and touch have been much improved also. He's one of the first names on the team sheet in current form and with all the injuries to midfielders (especially 'the beast') we've been very lucky to have him available.

He's still a c-nt and will always be one. And he'll always be an ordinary championship level midfielder. He's out of his depth nowadays, in fact he has been since he left Man City all those years ago.
Joey Barton on 08:35 - Nov 25 with 800 viewsRecoilboss

Joey Barton on 23:53 - Nov 24 by smegma

He's still a c-nt and will always be one. And he'll always be an ordinary championship level midfielder. He's out of his depth nowadays, in fact he has been since he left Man City all those years ago.

And now our resident philosopher confirms his gobshite status once again:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2847963/Joey-Barton-claims-Que

Write off 19 games this season and expect to survive? Great philosophy.

‘Bonus games' bollocks.
Joey Barton on 09:08 - Nov 25 with 773 viewsTheBlob

At least with Henry you know what you're getting.I don't like Joey,his ego is about ten yards ahead of his ability,has this annoying tendency to hog everything to little effect.Not saying he's no good but the odd completed pass and key interception ain't enough justification.
Neither fish nor foul nor fine red herring as they say.
At the moment I'd stick with Henry,but only if Sandro plays.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Login to get fewer ads

Joey Barton on 09:29 - Nov 25 with 769 viewsonlyrinmoray

Im always wary putting up my comments on players as a lot of you guys go to more games than me Last season when I went to games I asked the regulars who was player of the season and they surprisingly said JB gives 100% drives us on etc
This season everyone including me thinks Karl Henry is doing a great job in comparison to his other spells in the team and he was only there as Barton was injured

My question is Leroy Fer what type of player is he ? Is he a creative David Silva or a driving forward Yaya Toure type. For me every midfield needs 1/2 ball winners ( Henry Barton Sandro) and a creative player to provide the pass for the striker plus a wide player Philips Isla Hoillet Whatever type Fer is he should be playing in the centre and Barton shouldn't be an automatic choice especially now as Henry is playing well As he is the "man " he will always be considered first choice. Nearest we have to a creative player is Niko Krancjar who is unreliable /injured
Joey Barton on 09:38 - Nov 25 with 759 viewsQPunkR

Henry is awful. He takes two touches when every one else takes one, as for distribution, don't even start.
Were you there at Wolves the other year? If you were then you would know better.

Fúcking hell calm down Precious, I wasn't questioning your support for QPR FFS.

'at Wolves the other year' - what relevance does this have to the centre of our midfield now exactly?

QPR - "shit but local"

Joey Barton on 09:46 - Nov 25 with 753 viewssimmo

Joey Barton on 23:53 - Nov 24 by smegma

Agreed

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Joey Barton on 10:01 - Nov 25 with 740 viewsEpsomHoop

I personally think Henry is a big reason why performances have improved because what he lacks in pure ability he makes up with hard work. At least he closes people down, tackles and puts in effort and that's what we lacked in the early part of the season.

Barton on his day can be a really good player and I think he is probably the only leader on the pitch in the absence of Hill.

Fer I am not so sure of, he's bloody lazy and his passing is either sideways or backwards and yes i know the same could be said of Henry but he cost us 1 million so really you get what you pay for

We have too many players that do basically the same job, the only truly creative players he have in the middle are Adel and Nico and they don't figure really
Joey Barton on 13:18 - Nov 25 with 705 viewsDANRANGER

Joey Barton on 10:01 - Nov 25 by EpsomHoop

I personally think Henry is a big reason why performances have improved because what he lacks in pure ability he makes up with hard work. At least he closes people down, tackles and puts in effort and that's what we lacked in the early part of the season.

Barton on his day can be a really good player and I think he is probably the only leader on the pitch in the absence of Hill.

Fer I am not so sure of, he's bloody lazy and his passing is either sideways or backwards and yes i know the same could be said of Henry but he cost us 1 million so really you get what you pay for

We have too many players that do basically the same job, the only truly creative players he have in the middle are Adel and Nico and they don't figure really

It's as simple as 2 from Henry/Barton or Sandro. Barton is still a decent option as long as he sticks to what he's good at. However on Saturday in a 4-4-2 with Barton and Fer wide it puts a greater emphasis on the middle 2 to create and it's not what they do and therefore Henry will get found out for example and then he gets criticised. Redknapp got it so wrong and although we didn't get battered it was once again what might have been.

Fer is getting stick and maybe rightly so but he needs to nail down a position and be coached to play it. Redknapp signed him so he should know what he can do. For me he should have played behind Austin on Saturday with 2 wingers i.e Hoilett and Traore. (also how come Sanchez can play 90 minutes but Isla couldn't??)

So difficult to judge our players on away form as the tactics are awful. By playing 2 up top was the message that we were going for it? As I didn't see that. Absolutely clueless away from home and he's been like it since his West Ham days. So much pressure to perform at home and that's when players try too hard and Joey can certainly fall into that bracket.
Joey Barton on 13:48 - Nov 25 with 696 viewsbaz_qpr

Henry is well suited to the premiership though, break up play, pass simply sideways retain possession. I thought he was shocking last season, would have been happy to seem him go, but his partnership with Sandro has been the spine behind the revival in performances. Barton is neither as effective defensively or as disciplined tactically. I thought against City when he moved centrally we looked far more likely to concede and more lightweight.
If we play 4-4-2 Sandro/Henry for me is the number 1 partnership
Joey Barton on 17:08 - Nov 25 with 671 viewsSonofNorfolt

Joey Barton on 09:38 - Nov 25 by QPunkR

Fúcking hell calm down Precious, I wasn't questioning your support for QPR FFS.

'at Wolves the other year' - what relevance does this have to the centre of our midfield now exactly?

Barton took the pizz out of Henry that day. That's the relevance.
So don't patronise me.

If many of you think that Henry should be the first midfielders' name down on our team sheet then we may as well throw the towel in now.
Joey Barton on 19:05 - Nov 25 with 631 viewsHunterhoop

Joey Barton on 17:08 - Nov 25 by SonofNorfolt

So don't patronise me.

If many of you think that Henry should be the first midfielders' name down on our team sheet then we may as well throw the towel in now.

But Henry is a different player to that day, as is Barton.

Henry is currently performing much better and Barton not quite as well.

Surely you advocate picking on performance not past reputation? Ergo, Henry should be starting, for now.
Joey Barton on 19:31 - Nov 25 with 614 viewsJamie

Joey Barton on 17:08 - Nov 25 by SonofNorfolt

So don't patronise me.

SWP was fantastic that day, best get him back in the side sharpish.
Joey Barton on 19:54 - Nov 25 with 605 viewsthemodfather

i don't get the love in over joey...he slated us, is here for cash, wanted away and no one would have him so had to stay, did ok in the chumpionship
but rarely stands out in the prem lge....refs will go hard on him ( wilshere can nut fellaini in front of ref and nothing, if that was joe, hes off and 10 match ban!!)
wish he'd stop the twitterisms and just do the job on the pitch.
without the baggage he could have been an england mainstay, he ain't and won't be.
fer over barton? right now, never....fer needs to wake up or face back to back relegations ( with a world cup semi in between??)
Joey Barton on 20:32 - Nov 25 with 593 viewsDylanP

Henry is not awful. He had some awful games last year. This year he has barely put a foot wrong.

If it is up to me I play Barton ahead of Henry though. Barton can be annoying. That thing he does with the corners, where he places the ball just outside the arc drive me nuts. But he is a good player. And slightly more useful on the field than Henry. Nothing against Henry, who has been tremendous this year. And Barton should NEVER start in the wide position. That is just nuts.

If Barton doesn't take the corners, then who does? Vargas would be my top choice, but if he is not available, then who is next in line?

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Joey Barton on 22:55 - Nov 25 with 574 viewsbaz_qpr

Joey Barton on 20:32 - Nov 25 by DylanP

Henry is not awful. He had some awful games last year. This year he has barely put a foot wrong.

If it is up to me I play Barton ahead of Henry though. Barton can be annoying. That thing he does with the corners, where he places the ball just outside the arc drive me nuts. But he is a good player. And slightly more useful on the field than Henry. Nothing against Henry, who has been tremendous this year. And Barton should NEVER start in the wide position. That is just nuts.

If Barton doesn't take the corners, then who does? Vargas would be my top choice, but if he is not available, then who is next in line?

Yun
Joey Barton on 23:20 - Nov 25 with 563 viewsTacticalR

Did anyone see that analysis Nevin did last month about why he thinks have corners got worse?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29634200

Air hostess clique

Joey Barton on 00:21 - Nov 26 with 544 viewsSonofNorfolt

Joey Barton on 19:31 - Nov 25 by Jamie

SWP was fantastic that day, best get him back in the side sharpish.

What does this comment mean then?
Jamie, you f.ucking idiot.
Perhaps we should get Paladini and co back as well.

Scrutinise the play of both on Saturday. One will try and make himself available for the ball, will try things that may or may not come off, and will cajole and castigate and give it all. The other will also give it all but little else. You decide.
Watching five minutes on MOTD doesn't count.
Joey Barton on 09:10 - Nov 26 with 484 viewsQPunkR

Joey Barton on 00:21 - Nov 26 by SonofNorfolt

What does this comment mean then?
Jamie, you f.ucking idiot.
Perhaps we should get Paladini and co back as well.

Scrutinise the play of both on Saturday. One will try and make himself available for the ball, will try things that may or may not come off, and will cajole and castigate and give it all. The other will also give it all but little else. You decide.
Watching five minutes on MOTD doesn't count.

Fúcking hell you're well touchy. Calm down you'll live longer.

So to get it straight you're actually advocating that, because of a one-off game between the two a few years ago, and in spite of current form, Barton should play ahead of Henry? That's exactly the point Jamie's mirroring and showing you up with - Shite-Phillips had a good game once so should be in ahead of others.

QPR - "shit but local"

Joey Barton on 12:26 - Nov 26 with 458 viewsSonofNorfolt

Joey Barton on 09:10 - Nov 26 by QPunkR

Fúcking hell you're well touchy. Calm down you'll live longer.

So to get it straight you're actually advocating that, because of a one-off game between the two a few years ago, and in spite of current form, Barton should play ahead of Henry? That's exactly the point Jamie's mirroring and showing you up with - Shite-Phillips had a good game once so should be in ahead of others.

Not touchy, just correct World football expert.
Karl Henry was absolutely dreadful last season and certainly in the last
Two games has been outshine comfortably by Barton.

Stick to writing about Eibar v Celta Vigo from watching it on TV.
Joey Barton on 13:35 - Nov 26 with 438 viewsR_from_afar

Henry has been playing well and is the only player, apart from Faurlin, whom we can rely on to doggedly stick to the task of shielding the defence. Barton is apt to drift forward or switch off.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024