Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Caulker to Saints 11:58 - Jul 29 with 28515 viewssimmo

Looks possible, initially as a loan - Simon Peach rarely wrong when it comes to Saints

[Post edited 29 Jul 2015 12:44]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Caulker to Saints on 20:28 - Jul 29 with 2923 viewsYorkRanger

The fact is Caulker has been a massive disapppointment and it would seem he has other "issues". The reason it seems like a poor move is because of how threadbare the defence is. If we had more cover then many of us on here would drive him to Southampton ourselves.

Signing Connolly would be shrewd
Caulker to Saints on 21:24 - Jul 29 with 2720 viewsdaveB

Caulker to Saints on 20:28 - Jul 29 by YorkRanger

The fact is Caulker has been a massive disapppointment and it would seem he has other "issues". The reason it seems like a poor move is because of how threadbare the defence is. If we had more cover then many of us on here would drive him to Southampton ourselves.

Signing Connolly would be shrewd

We'll sign defenders over the next few weeks, incredible how Caulker was being slaughtered on here not so long ago now QPR getting slaughtered for getting a fee and his wages paid for a season
Caulker to Saints on 21:32 - Jul 29 with 2687 viewsingeminate

Caulker to Saints on 21:24 - Jul 29 by daveB

We'll sign defenders over the next few weeks, incredible how Caulker was being slaughtered on here not so long ago now QPR getting slaughtered for getting a fee and his wages paid for a season

I kind of agree with you, it's just with the season around the corner we are v v light. and while we will sign players we go in to the new season without any sort of pre-season defensive continuity.

That said Hill won't let anyone down at centre back and I've got a hunch that Caulker will be a good one to get out of the dressing room.

Oh and on the pitch caulker has been steaming pig shyt since he's been here.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Caulker to Saints on 21:32 - Jul 29 with 2686 viewsNorthernr

Caulker to Saints on 18:19 - Jul 29 by SpiritofGregory

Who can go straight into the 1st team not the under 21s.

So what you're saying is we want an English centre half, aged over 22 so they're not too inexperienced but under 28 so they're not too old, who's capable of marching straight into the Championship and dominating from the off, who nobody else has heard about and is currently available cheap or preferably free, who's currently playing for Accrington or Dagenham or Morecambe?

Should have said sooner, there's a fcking queue of players like that stretching round the block.

I hope you're a WUM. If you're not, you're a fcking melt.
Caulker to Saints on 21:34 - Jul 29 with 2667 viewsdoubled

sums qprs tranfer system up pureand utter garbage hello league 1
Caulker to Saints on 21:56 - Jul 29 with 2578 viewsBlue_Castello

Having had time to read all the posts and reflect on people's opinions, I don't see this being a bad deal, the only reason it's bad is that we're under two weeks away from the start of the season.

Many people who post on here don't rate Caulker, think he's flattered to deceive and if we had better cover in defence would not be sorry to see him depart. Some of his performances last year were disappointing but we all thought he would make a better defender in the Championship.

Caulkers another player who wants to get back to the Premiership and we were never going to get our £8 million back so keeping him on the books, having his salary paid and getting a good loan fee is a good deal

Ferdinand needs to act pretty quick now and get at least two defenders in before the start of the season. Perch will be a good signing, he's a good Championship defender Wigans player of the season may not mean much but they will be gutted to loose him. If we could get Matt Connolly as well then he would be a good partner at centre back, some people running him down but he was very good in our Championship winning defence playing alongside Gorksss, dont forget we won the league with Hill, Gorksss, Connolly and Orr as our back four, not forgetting Kyle Walker any chance of him on loan please.
Caulker to Saints on 22:06 - Jul 29 with 2539 viewsTacticalR

Caulker to Saints on 19:23 - Jul 29 by GetMeRangers

Steven Caulker: Suffering relegation with QPR has made me a stronger player

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/steven-caulker-suffering-relegation-wit

Still drinking too much then? When he sobers up he may realise that he might be a better player off the sauce

That's why I advise young players to get relegated as often as possible. It's a man's life and you get to see the world.

Air hostess clique

Caulker to Saints on 22:26 - Jul 29 with 2464 views08olesen

To be honest i think the reason why people are annoyed on here is not because Caulker and his 50k wage bill have gone...but more the fact that he he has gone before anybody else has been brought in for cover. This can lead to a desperate scramble at the end for players.

However it is clear that Les and chris have a plan now and they are willing to be unpopular in order to stick to it...quite the opposite of a park ji sung signing i might add.

I have been pleased by the other signings like Gladwin and Luongo so far. However the football tactics are what concern me, not the players we have.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Login to get fewer ads

Caulker to Saints on 22:30 - Jul 29 with 2447 viewsMaggsinho

Caulker to Saints on 22:26 - Jul 29 by 08olesen

To be honest i think the reason why people are annoyed on here is not because Caulker and his 50k wage bill have gone...but more the fact that he he has gone before anybody else has been brought in for cover. This can lead to a desperate scramble at the end for players.

However it is clear that Les and chris have a plan now and they are willing to be unpopular in order to stick to it...quite the opposite of a park ji sung signing i might add.

I have been pleased by the other signings like Gladwin and Luongo so far. However the football tactics are what concern me, not the players we have.

Presumably Caulker had to be gone to release the funds for Perch.
Caulker to Saints on 04:57 - Jul 30 with 2195 viewsFDC

Interestingly Dave McIntyre is saying there is plenty of money available, and that there'll be plenty of signings before the end of the window.

[Post edited 30 Jul 2015 4:57]
Caulker to Saints on 05:06 - Jul 30 with 2183 viewssuperhoopdownunder

If Caulker thinks he should be playing in the premier league he is deluded. I only wish we had sold him - even at a loss.
I have no doubt he will let himself down at Southampton and unfortunately be back with us next season.
Caulker to Saints on 07:24 - Jul 30 with 2077 viewsRanger78

Caulker to Saints on 05:06 - Jul 30 by superhoopdownunder

If Caulker thinks he should be playing in the premier league he is deluded. I only wish we had sold him - even at a loss.
I have no doubt he will let himself down at Southampton and unfortunately be back with us next season.

I tend to agree with this. I had high hopes for him but now I'm glad " The Relegator" has gone!

He hasn't been all that good and clearly thinks he's far too good to grace the championship. He doesn't want to be here so for me, that means get the best deal possible and get him out.

Obviously all the rumours about his drinking still exist so something just doesn't feel quite right with Caulker.

I wish he'd been sold and I hope he doesn't come back!

I'm still really positive about the direction we're heading.,,,,,,,,,,, I will definitely be more positive once I see some more Defenders over the line. I'm sure that will happen
Caulker to Saints on 07:27 - Jul 30 with 2069 viewsElHoop

Centre backs are very difficult to find, which is why we signed Caulker for a lot of money and why Southampton are willing to stump up a big loan fee for someone who seems to have a few refuelling issues. For whatever reason he didn't perform last season and if a change of scenery means that we get our money back and can bring in someone else then I'm very happy with that. It will be a real challenge to bring in good central defenders as there's not enough to go round so we'll need to be ahead of the field in scouting terms, which hasn't been the case up until now, but there's signs of hope at last. I would love us to get promoted this season but if we went up with the same old same old defenders then why would the outcome be any different? If we can find a few good young defenders with some potential and it takes two or three years to weld them together then maybe that's a better way forward for us, assuming that we could keep them, which would be another problem. 'It's hard' it really is.
Caulker to Saints on 07:46 - Jul 30 with 2030 viewsGetMeRangers

Caulker to Saints on 07:27 - Jul 30 by ElHoop

Centre backs are very difficult to find, which is why we signed Caulker for a lot of money and why Southampton are willing to stump up a big loan fee for someone who seems to have a few refuelling issues. For whatever reason he didn't perform last season and if a change of scenery means that we get our money back and can bring in someone else then I'm very happy with that. It will be a real challenge to bring in good central defenders as there's not enough to go round so we'll need to be ahead of the field in scouting terms, which hasn't been the case up until now, but there's signs of hope at last. I would love us to get promoted this season but if we went up with the same old same old defenders then why would the outcome be any different? If we can find a few good young defenders with some potential and it takes two or three years to weld them together then maybe that's a better way forward for us, assuming that we could keep them, which would be another problem. 'It's hard' it really is.

You would hope that the change in youth policy at the club... ie opening a route into the first team... will help encourage youngsters to want to come here. Maybe we can get back to the old days

Does Wise have what it takes to step up at some point, for instance. The policy is definitely changing where we are trying not to just buy in solutions all teh time and when we do, they are not necessarily the finished article.

Presumably, this is what fans want long term and we might just have to bite the bullet and 'tolerate' that things wont go as smoothly as we want. My hope is that, despite the frailties of the defence, Les and CR are at least building a team that plays entertaining football which has goals in it from all over the pitch
Caulker to Saints on 07:47 - Jul 30 with 2026 viewstimcocking

damn. One of our best players imo.

Our only good defender.
Caulker to Saints on 07:51 - Jul 30 with 2006 viewsWatford_Ranger

Caulker to Saints on 07:47 - Jul 30 by timcocking

damn. One of our best players imo.

Our only good defender.

Did you ever see him play for us???!!!
Caulker to Saints on 07:59 - Jul 30 with 1979 viewsTacticalR

Caulker to Saints on 04:57 - Jul 30 by FDC

Interestingly Dave McIntyre is saying there is plenty of money available, and that there'll be plenty of signings before the end of the window.

It's always good to know your sugar daddy is in good working order.

Air hostess clique

Caulker to Saints on 08:03 - Jul 30 with 1963 viewsTacticalR

Caulker to Saints on 07:27 - Jul 30 by ElHoop

Yes, if we did the same thing we would get the same results.

The difficult thing is to build a squad in the Championship that can compete in the Premiership, and we are obviously a long way from that.

Air hostess clique

Caulker to Saints on 08:07 - Jul 30 with 1934 viewsYorkRanger

I remember a long while back when the defence was in tatters and Peacock and Tilson were picked up from obscurity to shore things up....
Caulker to Saints on 08:10 - Jul 30 with 1912 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Caulker to Saints on 08:07 - Jul 30 by YorkRanger

I remember a long while back when the defence was in tatters and Peacock and Tilson were picked up from obscurity to shore things up....

True, where is Bobby Gould's little black book?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Caulker to Saints on 08:12 - Jul 30 with 1906 viewsElHoop

Caulker to Saints on 08:03 - Jul 30 by TacticalR

The difficult thing is to build a squad in the Championship that can compete in the Premiership, and we are obviously a long way from that.

I'm not sure about the stats but I think that teams coming up from div 1 with a good young manager seem to do better in the championship than a lot of relegated teams retreating like Napoleon from Moscow with cowards, battered survivors, leftovers and the walking wounded. If it's true then that's because those div 1 teams have built things like team spirit and a solid defence and have a victorious campaign behind them, and it's easier to strengthen in one or two places than to rebuild an entire side. Established championship sides seem to change managers every five minutes, so it's not really a red hot competition when you analyse it.

Looking up at the Premiership, it will be fascinating to see how Howe does this season with Bournemouth.
Caulker to Saints on 08:22 - Jul 30 with 1877 viewsDiscodroids

Tony Fernandes sends his scouts into the field for researching new centre back signings...

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/456538/Dominatrix-man-suit-cigarette

What a superb bit' o' business by the boys on the board. being treated by some like a devine libation of piss and sediment from a fem dom.

these people make Fiscal kamikazi decision after decision yet its being played out like a canny investment in acorn computers in 1981.

these terry fckwits wouldnt last 5 minutes in the square mile there'd been on the scrapheap debagged and back working in local goverment unloading council tax payers money on black history month at the library like bane unloading over the boy wonder.

can they even manage there own post office accounts andservice their direct debits to greenpeace, unicef and war on want .

if eggnog did transfer deals..
[Post edited 30 Jul 2015 8:26]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Caulker to Saints on 08:43 - Jul 30 with 1816 viewsblacky200

Caulker to Saints on 08:07 - Jul 30 by YorkRanger

Yeah but I remember Peacock getting absolutely slaughtered in his first season with us. Macca soon showed him the way
I think this is good business for us. We have got rid of a player on (presumably) high wages who didn't want to be here, has a suspect off field attitude as to what constitutes being a pro footballer is all about and who has massively under performed.
We've got a couple of weeks to find a replacement who will give us a pro attitude and performance and will be on less wages.
Caulker to Saints on 08:48 - Jul 30 with 1801 viewsPinnerPaul

Caulker to Saints on 08:03 - Jul 30 by TacticalR

Yes but the reality is you don't need to!

Watford, Bournemouth and Norwich all very active in the transfer market because

a) You have to be because as you say very few Championship squads can now survive as is in the PL

b) You get the ££££s

c) Whole world and their agents come to your door wanting to sign for a PL club

I'd worry about the transition to the PL when/if it happens again!
Caulker to Saints on 11:11 - Jul 30 with 1667 viewsNW10Hoop

Caulker to Saints on 04:57 - Jul 30 by FDC

This is what I thought was the case. I don't think QPR's spending has dried up because we've got no money. I get the feeling that "cutting our cloth accordingly" is an ideological thing. It seems that Tony, or his advisers pay attention to boards like this and try to gauge popular opinion - and after some of the high fees and wages that we have spent on dross (like Caulker), the consensus is to shift the focus of our transfer activity to players who see signing for QPR as a step up in their careers.

There's also the the issue that signing all the replacements before we offload could leave us open to even more derisory bids for our assets.Clubs will think we're desperate to trim the fat if we go into the final week of the transfer window with a bloated squad.

It is a tightrope, but I think credit where it's due. QPR have so far had a decent transfer window.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024