Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Caulker to Saints 11:58 - Jul 29 with 28517 viewssimmo

Looks possible, initially as a loan - Simon Peach rarely wrong when it comes to Saints

[Post edited 29 Jul 2015 12:44]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Caulker to Saints on 16:41 - Jul 29 with 2352 viewsdaveB

Caulker to Saints on 16:18 - Jul 29 by QPR1882

Did we not get rid of Danny Simpson at the start of last season ? seems we have history in shooting ourselves in the foot defensively.

We got rid of Damion Stewart under Warnock and the board here had an absolute meltdown, that turned out to be a good move as well.

As long as the players going are replaced we'll be ok
Caulker to Saints on 16:44 - Jul 29 with 2325 viewsadhoc_qpr

Caulker to Saints on 16:41 - Jul 29 by daveB

We got rid of Damion Stewart under Warnock and the board here had an absolute meltdown, that turned out to be a good move as well.

As long as the players going are replaced we'll be ok

Danny Simpson's replacement did a cracking job last season...oh wait...

Caulker going was clearly inevitable if came down to wages, so why on earth did we not get ahead of it and get someone in? Also the Harriman decision is still a real head scratcher for me.

Seems pretty shambolic at the moment, here's hoping a few swift transfers in prove me wrong.
Caulker to Saints on 16:51 - Jul 29 with 2277 viewsdaveB

Caulker to Saints on 16:44 - Jul 29 by adhoc_qpr

Caulker going was clearly inevitable if came down to wages, so why on earth did we not get ahead of it and get someone in? Also the Harriman decision is still a real head scratcher for me.

Seems pretty shambolic at the moment, here's hoping a few swift transfers in prove me wrong.

Isla did ok last season but any sale looks bad if the replacement is poor.

Still not sure on Harriman, if he had stayed plenty would be saying we still need a right back so don't think him going has made much of a difference.

It's a bit of chicken and egg at the moment, the club couldn't be sure someone was going to take Caulker or the others so probably waiting until they go and we have the money before we sign the replacements rather than signing the replacements then the players don't actually go and we are left with a bloated squad again.
Caulker to Saints on 16:52 - Jul 29 with 2261 viewsAntti_Heinola

Caulker to Saints on 16:44 - Jul 29 by adhoc_qpr

Les saying on the offish that they're working to a proper budget - it may well be that we weren't allowed to get someone until Caulker was off the bill. I'm clutching there, but it could be part of it. Let's see where we are in a week.

Bare bones.

Caulker to Saints on 16:53 - Jul 29 with 2253 viewssimmo

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/qpr-les-ferdinand-steven-caulker-transfers-257

Good enough for me

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Caulker to Saints on 16:58 - Jul 29 with 2201 viewsadhoc_qpr

Caulker to Saints on 16:52 - Jul 29 by Antti_Heinola

Les saying on the offish that they're working to a proper budget - it may well be that we weren't allowed to get someone until Caulker was off the bill. I'm clutching there, but it could be part of it. Let's see where we are in a week.

True , that's all we can do.

But i'm pretty sure part of our new philosophy included better preparation and they mentioned having lists of targets whether we stayed up or went down.

Then they talked about getting targets in early.

This week TF says no fire sale, when two days later Les says basically we have to get players off the books.

Just very disappointing that the new era is very much like the old era i guess.
Caulker to Saints on 17:05 - Jul 29 with 2142 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Caulker to Saints on 16:53 - Jul 29 by simmo

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/qpr-les-ferdinand-steven-caulker-transfers-257

Good enough for me

Me too.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Caulker to Saints on 17:05 - Jul 29 with 2142 viewsingeminate

Caulker to Saints on 16:58 - Jul 29 by adhoc_qpr

But i'm pretty sure part of our new philosophy included better preparation and they mentioned having lists of targets whether we stayed up or went down.

This week TF says no fire sale, when two days later Les says basically we have to get players off the books.

My guess is they assumed Charlie and or Phillips would have been sold by now freeing up money - that's not happened and we need to bring players in. It might be that to get any other business done we had to give this the green light.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Login to get fewer ads

Caulker to Saints on 17:05 - Jul 29 with 2141 viewsdaveB

They did get 6 players in early, I don't think there is a club in this country who has a settled squad at the moment, everyone looking to add players in and will do until September 1st. Only way to stop that is to have the window shut a week before the season starts so the football season is about the football rather than transfer speculation.
Caulker to Saints on 17:06 - Jul 29 with 2137 viewsWilloW4

Caulker to Saints on 16:33 - Jul 29 by Northernr

Well I'm sure we can agree it would be better than ned and nobody which is what we're shaping up for at this precise moment.

I first read that as...Ned and Noddy...0bviously the defence or lack of it, is not shaping up.. Next week or so will hopefully see the obvious gaps filled.
Caulker to Saints on 17:06 - Jul 29 with 2137 viewsMvpeter

Pathetic.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Caulker to Saints on 17:06 - Jul 29 with 2137 viewsAntti_Heinola

To be fair - they got a lot of targets in early. they were never going to get 10 new players in by the start of July - that's just not possible.
But totally agree, we should have seen at least one defender by now and what Les says does fly in the face of what TF said.

Bare bones.

Caulker to Saints on 17:13 - Jul 29 with 2088 viewsdaveB

Caulker to Saints on 17:06 - Jul 29 by Antti_Heinola

To be fair - they got a lot of targets in early. they were never going to get 10 new players in by the start of July - that's just not possible.
But totally agree, we should have seen at least one defender by now and what Les says does fly in the face of what TF said.

Fernandes said no fire sale but if clubs meet our valuations then we should sell them
Caulker to Saints? on 17:23 - Jul 29 with 2017 viewsBromleyHoop

Caulker to Saints? on 14:29 - Jul 29 by daveB

no long term plan will come to fruition in 3 games, The fans will and have panicked long before Fernandes will

F@ck me, are you angling for a job at the club? Maybe you work for the club already? But if QPR sold Austen for £2m on the day before the season started you'd put some nauseating positive spin on it!!

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Caulker to Saints on 17:27 - Jul 29 with 1994 viewsRuislipHoop

Don't understand why Saints would want to be relegated !!!
Caulker to Saints on 17:29 - Jul 29 with 1980 viewsthemodfather

well for me, he has been very poor....misjudges too many headers and looks done for confidence after back to back relegations....
shame we couldn't off him and get cash in....

a few more to be rid of, but who are the "right sort"?
Caulker to Saints? on 17:45 - Jul 29 with 1879 viewsSpiritofGregory

Caulker to Saints? on 14:24 - Jul 29 by simmo

Why are you still here??

When you are a coach with limited experience and are given a chance like he has been given, you don't go around asking for a sizeable transfer budget.

You won't hear him complain about the situation.
Caulker to Saints? on 17:47 - Jul 29 with 1861 viewsdaveB

Caulker to Saints? on 17:23 - Jul 29 by BromleyHoop

F@ck me, are you angling for a job at the club? Maybe you work for the club already? But if QPR sold Austen for £2m on the day before the season started you'd put some nauseating positive spin on it!!

don't work at the club and don't want to either. Not putting any spin on it all but this is a long term plan so going to take a while. If we're only going to give it three games to work then it won't work.
Caulker to Saints on 17:50 - Jul 29 with 1839 viewsMark1

They must have players lined-up - surely?
Caulker to Saints on 17:52 - Jul 29 with 1835 viewsSpiritofGregory

Caulker to Saints on 14:58 - Jul 29 by Northernr

I'd have Connolly back in a heartbeat.

Isn't it about time we had a decent scouting system that were aware of all the quality players in the lower leagues?
Caulker to Saints on 17:53 - Jul 29 with 1827 viewsNorthernr

Caulker to Saints on 17:52 - Jul 29 by SpiritofGregory

Isn't it about time we had a decent scouting system that were aware of all the quality players in the lower leagues?

Like Luongo and Gladwin you mean?
Caulker to Saints on 17:54 - Jul 29 with 1825 viewsNorthernr

Caulker to Saints on 17:50 - Jul 29 by Mark1

They must have players lined-up - surely?

We've got James Perch lined up. And stop calling me Surely.

Caulker to Saints on 17:58 - Jul 29 with 1798 viewsSpiritofGregory

Caulker to Saints on 17:53 - Jul 29 by Northernr

Like Luongo and Gladwin you mean?

Lower than League 1.
Caulker to Saints on 18:00 - Jul 29 with 1782 viewsWatford_Ranger

Caulker to Saints on 17:58 - Jul 29 by SpiritofGregory

Lower than League 1.

Like Bentley?
Caulker to Saints on 18:00 - Jul 29 with 1781 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The no fire sale comment is to make sure we get a good price for players.

The new era seems nothing like the old to me. We need to get rid of a load of the inherited players before we can do some of things under the new philosophy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024