Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Caulker to Saints 11:58 - Jul 29 with 28521 viewssimmo

Looks possible, initially as a loan - Simon Peach rarely wrong when it comes to Saints

[Post edited 29 Jul 2015 12:44]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Caulker to Saints on 13:28 - Jul 29 with 2211 viewsaston_hoop

Caulker to Saints on 13:19 - Jul 29 by fakekerby

Really wound up about this one.

Why do Saints need to loan him? Cough up or go away. The guy has plenty of experience and has played enough games for them to know what they're signing.

They also have plenty of cash as they sent the money aside to buy Alderweirweld before Spurs stole him under their noses.

On the other side, we also have no defenders at the club already and it makes no sense to loan out a £6-8 million pound asset even to save on wages as we've already shifted hundreds of thousands a week off the books.

The only positives I can grasp at are if Saints are paying a silly loan fee (at least 3 million quid) or willing to loan us a few players for the season ahead in exchange.

The guy who was player of the year at Swindon last year ahead of Luongo/Gladwin/that right back that we want is a CB who was on loan from Southampton. Clearly we have watched Swindon quite a bit. Potential loan swap? 2+2=5? Either way, we must have a few replacements lined up for us to allow this.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Caulker to Saints on 13:28 - Jul 29 with 2209 viewsTonto

so lets get this right:

lots of people going off their nut because a player they don't like is being removed from the club...

oh... OK.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Caulker to Saints on 13:29 - Jul 29 with 2207 viewsMarc

Caulker to Saints on 13:17 - Jul 29 by daveB

perhaps we are getting a loan fee which will go towards replacements, I find it hard to believe we won't sign several defenders before the window shuts

Even if we are getting a loan fee, I doubt it'll be much in the grand scheme of things - £1m tops.

Anymore than that and they'd be better off just throwing a few extra mil at the deal and signing him permanently.
Caulker to Saints on 13:30 - Jul 29 with 2187 viewsTacticalR

Caulker to Saints on 13:28 - Jul 29 by Tonto

so lets get this right:

lots of people going off their nut because a player they don't like is being removed from the club...

oh... OK.

Yes, we don't want to get rid of all the players we don't like because then there wouldn't be any players not to like.

Air hostess clique

Caulker to Saints on 13:31 - Jul 29 with 2178 viewssuperhoopdownunder

If we sold Caulker and had quality back ups already in place I would say fair enough as I don't rate him
But we don't
Caulker to Saints on 13:32 - Jul 29 with 2139 viewsMarc

so lets get this right:

oh... OK.

More to do with the timing and the fact that we have 3 senior defenders on our books after he goes
Caulker to Saints on 13:34 - Jul 29 with 2123 viewsfakekerby

so lets get this right:

oh... OK.

Most people felt that despite his poor season, Caulker could do well in this division.

Most people don't like to see the club spend 8 million on a decent young player to then give him away the following season.

Most people don't like us having no back up at all in defence.

Yes some of us don't like him, but we still don't want to see the club getting mugged off over a decent player in a position we are in dire need of sorting.
Caulker to Saints on 13:36 - Jul 29 with 2101 viewsspencer

so lets get this right:

oh... OK.

More like the nature and timing.
Just over a week to first game,manager has admitted we need a whole new back line...now add another.

Chris Ramsey's first initial speech was...let's get the players in...have a great pre season and no wait till first fixture with new players coming in.
Plus - whats in in for the club ?
I agree...not fussed he has gone...just waiting now in anticipation for the replacement
Login to get fewer ads

Caulker to Saints on 13:37 - Jul 29 with 2075 viewsoldmeadoniansR

Caulker to Saints on 13:20 - Jul 29 by Discodroids

fair enough mate im no fan , but it would be nice if we could receive coins of the realm for someone who cost us 8 million cnting quid 12 months ago.

£13 million to cardiff in total , inc mutch.

the QPR FD should bet a job at tower hamlets with Luthfur Rahmen.

weve received less funds than the overspill down the sides of a 2p pushing amusment machine on clacton pier.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2015 13:21]

Don't disagree disco. Total lunacy. But that was then when reality was distorted and this is now. The people in charge need a chance to build from what will be very little and try and make a team. I think the green shoots are there. We may not be very good but I think we will play for each other and the badge and for me that is favourable.
Caulker to Saints on 13:38 - Jul 29 with 2071 viewsBucksRanger

Danny Shittu is available.
Caulker to Saints on 13:38 - Jul 29 with 2058 viewsTacticalR

Putting aside the quality of the deal...I am actually quite curious to see how he would get on at Southampton.

Air hostess clique

Caulker to Saints on 13:41 - Jul 29 with 2015 viewswombat

Caulker to Saints on 13:38 - Jul 29 by TacticalR

Putting aside the quality of the deal...I am actually quite curious to see how he would get on at Southampton.

prob as badly as he did At Loftus Road , easily knocked off the ball no postional sense , awful in the air a rich mans karl ready basically .

the starting line up at charlton is certainly gonna be intresting thats for sure even if perch does come in we are massively short at the back

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Caulker to Saints on 13:43 - Jul 29 with 1986 viewsGetMeRangers

You have to hope that the club wouldnt have allowed him to speak to Saints without having some plan in place to replace him, or for the talks to take place to allow a replacement to be brought in

You do wonder if he is one of the 'bad eggs' Other players that we suspect that might leave have all made public statements about remaining at QPR for next season if nothing else changes

Still dont quite understand why it is a loan rather than them buying him
Caulker to Saints on 13:45 - Jul 29 with 1971 viewsBluce_Ree

We overpaid for him. He's shit. Now we want rid and no-one wants to buy him without testing him out a bit first.

That's market forces at work.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Caulker to Saints on 13:46 - Jul 29 with 1953 viewsWeaverQPR

I don't think caulker ever really wanted to join us but the move got him back in the PL. He needs to stay at a club for longer than season if he is ever to regain long term for and stability.

@WeavQPR

Caulker to Saints on 13:51 - Jul 29 with 1910 viewsWadR

From Southampton's perspective, why would they shell out £8m for a player who has 2 consecutive relegations on his CV, had a poor last half of the season and question marks about his attitude/lifestyle?

Think this is as good a deal as QPR are likely to get with Caulker, his wages will be picked up in full, will be a fee of some sorts and the potential to recoup what we bought him for if he does well there. And the chance to maybe get Jordan Turnbull or Jack Stephens in on loan in exchange.

Granted, it leaves us unbelievably light at the back, but I'd be willing to bet we'll have signed at least 1 centrehalf by this time next week. And Onuoha and Hill is not a bad CB partnership, and they've played together semi-regularly for the last 2 or so years. Maintain it was a massive mistake to let Ehmer go so cheaply.

Given FFP, how can Hoos and Ferdinand possibly give up the chance to drop £30k/£40k from the wage budget?
Caulker to Saints on 13:51 - Jul 29 with 1901 viewsSpiritofGregory

Maybe he doesn't have a relegation clause in his contract or the clause was small? We all know that he is yet another player who we paid too much for, no doubt his wages were also OTT.
Caulker to Saints on 13:52 - Jul 29 with 1887 viewsTacticalR

Caulker to Saints on 13:43 - Jul 29 by GetMeRangers

You have to hope that the club wouldnt have allowed him to speak to Saints without having some plan in place to replace him, or for the talks to take place to allow a replacement to be brought in

You do wonder if he is one of the 'bad eggs' Other players that we suspect that might leave have all made public statements about remaining at QPR for next season if nothing else changes

Still dont quite understand why it is a loan rather than them buying him

We should probably distinguish between bad eggs and bad players (although Traoré managed to be both).

Revealed! QPR "bad eggs" are Adel Taarabt, Armand Traore, Mauro Zarate, Mauricio Isla and Eduardo Vargas
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/revealed-qpr-bad-eggs-adel-5679545

Air hostess clique

Caulker to Saints on 13:53 - Jul 29 with 1872 viewssuperhoopdownunder

has Traore left yet?
Caulker to Saints on 13:55 - Jul 29 with 1859 viewsGetMeRangers

Caulker to Saints on 13:53 - Jul 29 by superhoopdownunder

has Traore left yet?

Injured... whats new?
Caulker to Saints? on 13:55 - Jul 29 with 1854 viewsSpiritofGregory

Caulker to Saints? on 12:16 - Jul 29 by adhoc_qpr

Seems like a great deal for them and a very poor deal for us if true.

Leaves us with no defence 10 days before the season starts and no big fee to get replacements.

Are our financial realities starting to bite?

We know we can play hardball for Austin due the demand for goalscorers, but everyone else is basically up for grabs and have to be shifted?

If we can't afford £700k for James Perch, who else are we going to realistically get?

When are people going to realise that we have Ferdinand and Ramsey in charge for a reason. They have promised to do things on the cheap.
Caulker to Saints on 13:57 - Jul 29 with 1828 viewsLblock

Caulker to Saints on 13:28 - Jul 29 by fakekerby

A good deal is selling him for the 8 million we paid for him.

Bang on.

Lets say he rocks up on the South Coast and conducts himself as he did for us last season.
How many beans is ANYONE going to shell out for him then?

Then this £8million asset I've seen some talk of will actually be worth two bob and a conker (about right in my book)

I'm torn now.
I kind of want him to do well so we can bin him off but then i dont like him

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Caulker to Saints? on 13:57 - Jul 29 with 1820 viewsSpiritofGregory

Caulker to Saints? on 11:59 - Jul 29 by imustbemad

I hope we have 2 CB's lined up and pronto

Can't see us signing 2 defenders if Caulker is going on loan with no guarantee that the Saints will keep him. Possibly one perm and 1 loan.
Caulker to Saints on 13:57 - Jul 29 with 1821 viewsqpr1976

Confirmed on Sky SN

1 year loan - £1.3m loan fee & paying wages in full.

Right so lets get some defenders in sharpish
Caulker to Saints on 13:57 - Jul 29 with 1819 viewsWeaverQPR

1.3m loan fee 100% wages

@WeavQPR

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024