Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kpekawa 12:08 - Aug 29 with 9868 viewsstevenagehoop

Looks like may be on his way. Always thought he would make a decent centre back in a few years time Has the physique and can play with the ball - may well regret this one.

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

Kpekawa on 11:09 - Aug 30 with 2908 viewsPinnerPaul

Kpekawa on 10:58 - Aug 30 by lave16

agree selling a youth team player who we feel is not going to make it for us is a good idea..
whether this is due to bidwell looking like he will be a fixture for a while and we feel its holding back Kpekawa and we are helping him out I dunno.

Just one question what does harry make of it? was he not the one who said there was no worthwhile youth players at the club 1/2 a million is worthwhile to me

Plus if Robinson can get over his injury/injuries he will be a very good player (based on slim evidence, but he WAS very good the 1 time I have seen him!)
Kpekawa on 11:34 - Aug 30 with 2839 viewstimcocking

I just hope they've got it right.
Kpekawa on 11:40 - Aug 30 with 2822 viewspaulparker

Seems strange that we are getting rid , we're not exactly blessed with a huge squad this year , why not get rid of the useless Perch and keep this boy who can play CB or LB

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Kpekawa on 11:42 - Aug 30 with 2808 viewswombat

Kpekawa on 11:40 - Aug 30 by paulparker

Seems strange that we are getting rid , we're not exactly blessed with a huge squad this year , why not get rid of the useless Perch and keep this boy who can play CB or LB

so can perch also right back if needed , seems strange but maybe he wants first team football on a more regular basis

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Kpekawa on 11:56 - Aug 30 with 2773 viewsdanehoop

Could be the player isn't happy with being told he is one for future and fancies first team football. Understandable if he is Ambitious. Perhaps his agent has made overtures. Maybe feels he might develop better with Barnsley given their reputation for using and developing talent. Perhaps we have another player coming in or jfh reckons the squad has sufficient cover in those positions but needs the cash go sign our new incoming anderlecht striker?

Or basically decided it was. Big chunk of money for a player who hasn't yet convinced them he is ready to step up? I just hope we have a sell on clause as I reckon he might be quite a tasty player in the making.

According to Wiki (fine source material as Vegas Ranger will confirm)
"Cole Desmond Kpekawa (born 20 May 1996) is an English professional footballer and semi professional plate spinner, who plays as a defender for Championship side Barnsley, and spins plates for the London plate spinning organisation."

Good to see we had such excellent skills being taught through his time at QPR.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2016 11:59]

Never knowingly understood

Kpekawa on 12:16 - Aug 30 with 2734 viewsadhoc_qpr

Ultimately, we're a selling club again and getting a decent fee for a young player who wasn't first or even second choice is good business.

Every player in the club has a price and i doubt anyone is classed as indispensable if someone comes flashing the right amount of cash.

I'm expecting Caulker to go before tomorrow too - someone is going to have noticed his return to form and be desperate to reinforce.
Kpekawa on 12:20 - Aug 30 with 2725 viewsPinnerPaul

Kpekawa on 12:16 - Aug 30 by adhoc_qpr

Ultimately, we're a selling club again and getting a decent fee for a young player who wasn't first or even second choice is good business.

Every player in the club has a price and i doubt anyone is classed as indispensable if someone comes flashing the right amount of cash.

I'm expecting Caulker to go before tomorrow too - someone is going to have noticed his return to form and be desperate to reinforce.

Even in this mad world is 3 decent games against average opposition, enough to shell out millions?
Kpekawa on 13:06 - Aug 30 with 2639 viewsNorthernr

What if nobody has made an offer for Perch?
Login to get fewer ads

Kpekawa on 13:08 - Aug 30 with 2632 viewskensalriser

Is this on the Barnsley offish yet?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Kpekawa on 17:12 - Aug 30 with 2508 viewsCamberleyR

Has this actually gone through? Their official site (and their BBC page) is at the moment trumpeting their signing of Adam Jackson (another defender) from Middlesbrough. There's no mention of Kpekawa on either site at all.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Kpekawa on 19:55 - Aug 30 with 2467 viewskensalriser

Kpekawa on 17:12 - Aug 30 by CamberleyR

Has this actually gone through? Their official site (and their BBC page) is at the moment trumpeting their signing of Adam Jackson (another defender) from Middlesbrough. There's no mention of Kpekawa on either site at all.

If it ain't on the Barnsley site it ain't real.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Kpekawa on 12:41 - Aug 31 with 2252 viewsolderR

Gone, on the offish.

Seems to me we are looking for for young players of a standard we will never get, and if by some miracle we do they will disappear like Sterling.
Kpekawa on 13:04 - Aug 31 with 2151 viewsAntti_Heinola

at £450k (if true) this could be about book-balancing. Half a mill, plus probable sell-on, for third choice left back makes some sense, although I'm really disappointed to see him go.

Bare bones.

Kpekawa on 13:08 - Aug 31 with 2133 viewsMedwayR

A bit disappointing but if the money was right and perhaps more importantly we negotiated a sell-on clause then it makes sense. Good luck to the lad.

Poll: Who’s better?

Kpekawa on 13:13 - Aug 31 with 2112 viewsGloucs_R

Good luck but I dont think he is a great loss.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Kpekawa on 13:19 - Aug 31 with 1926 viewsA40Bosh

It seems to me that a lot of fans are crying out for signings in the attacking positions, and I get that, but to me there is still a huge deficit in the right back berth that needs resolving. I really don't get what is up with Perch because he should be a much better right back on paper (I know we play on grass) than Ned as he is a more natural right back and has had a lot of experience at a high level, so why has he not put the performances God only knows.

I've said it before, I have nothing against Ned, but he really should only be playing at CB because whilst at times his defensive attributes when playing at RB can get us out of trouble, he does not possess the natural footballing quality to fulfill the role of an attacking defender who can support and overlap our wingers and be effective "down the line". He looks more like a Viking raider than a footballer when he steams up the centre of the pitch on one of his marauding runs and tries to axe his way through the opposition until he comes to a full stop and then usually loses it. Even worse is when he is caught in possession hugged tight to the sideline up near half way and it only takes a nippy little winger to rob him of possession and scampering off with it to immediately put us on the back foot because he is caught so woefully out of position when he loses possession.

We need a quality right back and let Ned fight for his place among the CB candidates!

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Kpekawa on 13:33 - Aug 31 with 1856 viewsPinnerPaul

Kpekawa on 12:41 - Aug 31 by olderR

Gone, on the offish.

Seems to me we are looking for for young players of a standard we will never get, and if by some miracle we do they will disappear like Sterling.

??? Bidwell & Robinson both "young" and better than him.
Kpekawa on 13:48 - Aug 31 with 1798 viewsWatford_Ranger

We have three senior CBs, one of whom is first choice RB. Unless we're signing the Wycomble bloke or similar I can't help but think we're short at CB. Caulker's resurgence is two good games and one shit one before getting injured. Hardly a reliable defensive stalwart given his track record, no matter how many wells he's built in Sierra Leone.
Kpekawa on 13:50 - Aug 31 with 1794 viewsPinnerPaul

Kpekawa on 13:48 - Aug 31 by Watford_Ranger

We have three senior CBs, one of whom is first choice RB. Unless we're signing the Wycomble bloke or similar I can't help but think we're short at CB. Caulker's resurgence is two good games and one shit one before getting injured. Hardly a reliable defensive stalwart given his track record, no matter how many wells he's built in Sierra Leone.

Lynch?

I make that 4
Kpekawa on 13:53 - Aug 31 with 1777 viewsWatford_Ranger

Kpekawa on 13:50 - Aug 31 by PinnerPaul

Lynch?

I make that 4

Totally forgot he existed. Now feel all calm.
Kpekawa on 13:56 - Aug 31 with 1756 viewsNorthernr

I quite liked him in his fleeting appearances, and that' really all he ever had so how anybody can get massively upset about this I don't really know unless the attendance at our youth and reserve games is far higher than I remember. The one time he played centre half for us, half an hour against Charlton last year, he was ropey as hell. Good displays at left back, MOTM at Burnley there last season.

Barnsley have history and form for picking players like this up and making big money from them - Mawson most recently - so I'm a little nervous. That said, it is progress - few years ago we couldn't even get our junior players loan deals at a Football League club and now we're selling them for actual money.

End of the day he's behind Bidwell, Robinson and Perch. And yes Perch hasn't really worked out for us and it would maybe be nice to sell him instead - robbing us of cover at right back in the process of course - but you can only sell what other people want to buy. Left back isn't a spot we're short in and we've been offered £450,000 for a player who's made four first team appearances.

Given all of that, and the fact nobody can possibly have seen him play that much, the replies under the announcement from the club on Twitter are staggering to me...

It's me isn't it? I'm the odd one here. Looking in at football and football supporters wondering what the fcking hell is going on while they're glancing nervously at me wondering why I'm not in some sort of unit.
Kpekawa on 14:06 - Aug 31 with 1730 viewsAntti_Heinola

But Twitter is everyone. That's the problem. Go to a game and you hear people going absolutely mental when someone passes the ball backwards to keep possession. But in the whole crowd of 15k, those people probably add up to about 50, maybe 100. 100 in 15000. That's 1 in 150. That's almost no one. But on Twitter and at a football ground, 1 in 150 can make a lot of very stupid noise, even though the other 149 in 150 are thinking 'well, i can see that. Might not be the best move, but there are valid reasons.'

Bare bones.

Kpekawa on 14:37 - Aug 31 with 1655 viewsfrancisbowles

Kpekawa on 14:06 - Aug 31 by Antti_Heinola

But Twitter is everyone. That's the problem. Go to a game and you hear people going absolutely mental when someone passes the ball backwards to keep possession. But in the whole crowd of 15k, those people probably add up to about 50, maybe 100. 100 in 15000. That's 1 in 150. That's almost no one. But on Twitter and at a football ground, 1 in 150 can make a lot of very stupid noise, even though the other 149 in 150 are thinking 'well, i can see that. Might not be the best move, but there are valid reasons.'

Yes I think you are right a few moaners but lots of groaners. Let's be honest we all have our different groaning threshold. Some groan at the first mistake and go on to moaning very quickly, others are more resilient and only groan when it gets really frustrating.

As for Cole, good luck, sorry to see him leave but he was a long way from a regular spot and the deal ( assuming a decent sell on clause and other possible extras ) works for everyone.
Kpekawa on 14:42 - Aug 31 with 1641 viewsDiscodroids

Good Luck to Cole , Would like to see us bring in a defender before the day is out.. perhaps on loan for the rest of the season. Looking at what we have left; Perch , Bidwell, Ned, Lynch, Caulker, Hall and Robinson, 3 of the 7 are currently injured , with Robinson spending more time on his back than a dead Pope on his catafalque.

Perhaps another winger at a push but looking at the squad at this very moment , it looks solid enough for me .

Edit ; I Hope Petrasso fixes himself up with a New Club, I like him but imo, this is just dead time For his career at QPR.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2016 14:56]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Kpekawa on 15:04 - Aug 31 with 1577 viewsfrancisbowles

Kpekawa on 14:42 - Aug 31 by Discodroids

Good Luck to Cole , Would like to see us bring in a defender before the day is out.. perhaps on loan for the rest of the season. Looking at what we have left; Perch , Bidwell, Ned, Lynch, Caulker, Hall and Robinson, 3 of the 7 are currently injured , with Robinson spending more time on his back than a dead Pope on his catafalque.

Perhaps another winger at a push but looking at the squad at this very moment , it looks solid enough for me .

Edit ; I Hope Petrasso fixes himself up with a New Club, I like him but imo, this is just dead time For his career at QPR.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2016 14:56]

Don't disagree with you disco but if it doesn't happen, Henry and possibly Cousins could do a job there if needed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024