Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... 10:44 - Oct 4 with 6590 viewsjeffro

The fact that Steve Clarke has noticed that Hughes hasnt noticed that playing a big black destroyer in the middle of the park will win them the game. Playing a big lump up top will completely bully our defence and cause issues?

Welcome, Lukaku, Mulumbo, Olson & The rest of the WBA giants.

PLease Hughes, if you do anything, start Hoilett & Adel, play to our strengths and go to win a bloody game away from home for once!!
Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 10:49 - Oct 4 with 3701 viewsWokingR

No, it will come as a complete surprise to him as usual
Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 10:52 - Oct 4 with 3689 viewsNorthernr

I watched West Brom on Sunday and this is basically going to be Reading and West Ham all over again if we're not very careful. As you say they have two very strong holding midfielders in Mulumbu and Yacob, a frightening looking back four in front of a good goalkeeper and then in the lone striker role they can either pose a serious goal threat with Long or a big physical threat with Lukaku. They also have some very talented, smaller, ball playing types for the three man supporting cast including Morrison and Brunt who gave us a tough time last season.

Of course if QPR lined up in a similar way people would moan about us picking one up front.

West Brom are big and physical where they need to be and controlled, composed and creative in other areas. They're very well drilled and coached and everybody knows their job. Like I say, Reading and West Ham all over again.

If we pick a four man midfield with Park and SWP in it again then 90% of my faith in Hughes will evaporate and to be honest I'll consider heading back to the pub before it's even kicked off.
Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 10:54 - Oct 4 with 3677 viewsW7Ranger

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 10:52 - Oct 4 by Northernr

I watched West Brom on Sunday and this is basically going to be Reading and West Ham all over again if we're not very careful. As you say they have two very strong holding midfielders in Mulumbu and Yacob, a frightening looking back four in front of a good goalkeeper and then in the lone striker role they can either pose a serious goal threat with Long or a big physical threat with Lukaku. They also have some very talented, smaller, ball playing types for the three man supporting cast including Morrison and Brunt who gave us a tough time last season.

Of course if QPR lined up in a similar way people would moan about us picking one up front.

West Brom are big and physical where they need to be and controlled, composed and creative in other areas. They're very well drilled and coached and everybody knows their job. Like I say, Reading and West Ham all over again.

If we pick a four man midfield with Park and SWP in it again then 90% of my faith in Hughes will evaporate and to be honest I'll consider heading back to the pub before it's even kicked off.

Surely Brunt will be out injured? Looked liked he picked up a hammy on Sunday against Villa.

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 10:56 - Oct 4 with 3672 viewsjeffro

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 10:52 - Oct 4 by Northernr

Exactly that Clive, I think SC would have done his homework and will see Lakuku, Mulumbo & Olson as a big physical spine to the team which we cant deal with.

We need in my opinion to play 4-3-3, use the width and pace with Zamora holding play up to involve Hoilett & Taarabt.

Agreed though if he plays the same with Park and SWP, we will get over run and he will pile the pressure on himself and it will be self inflicted.

Big big decison from Hughes which as you say will go a long way to determining
a) His continual stubborness
b) His dwindling support of the crowd.
Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 11:00 - Oct 4 with 3651 viewsMerthyrHoop

I have an awful feeling that we'll see Hoilett and Mackie in for Cisse and SWP, and play a 4-4-1-1.

I'm just not sure that Mark Hughes is the type to go gung-ho considering our current league position and his record on the road. Hopefully I'm wrong, but he seems to trust the likes of SWP and Park to do lots of running to make us compact and hard to beat.

Is there any news of the availability of Traore, Fabio, Ferdinand, Bosingwa or Dyer? I'm assuming we may only find out in the pre-match press-conference tomorrow?
Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 11:00 - Oct 4 with 3650 viewsNeil_SI

They're a handful and have a decent blend of players that compliments the way they interact in the final third. The rest of their play is how I actually expected Mark Hughes to set up with us, because they often play that straight lined kind of football, but they do it really well and with physical presence, be it in a 4-4-2 or 4-5-1.

They've a trio of strikers who all offer something different in the final third, and can help them adapt that part and how they interact with the midfield, and James Morrison makes good penetrating runs from deep as do their wide men.

It'll be a tough game — it always is with them and we need to be careful at set plays because of their height. Right now, I see a similar sort of match to when we played them last season. Not a lot has changed about either side, and if they do the basics well, which they usually do, we're going to have to play well to get something (and that's not beyond our means, but it means we have to be on it).
Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 11:03 - Oct 4 with 3620 viewsJamie

Got to be 4-5-1 for me.

Park--Granero--Mbia--Faurlin--Hoilett

-----------------Zamora--------------

Park shouldnt start, but he will.
Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 11:05 - Oct 4 with 3617 viewsjeffro

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 11:00 - Oct 4 by MerthyrHoop

I have an awful feeling that we'll see Hoilett and Mackie in for Cisse and SWP, and play a 4-4-1-1.

I'm just not sure that Mark Hughes is the type to go gung-ho considering our current league position and his record on the road. Hopefully I'm wrong, but he seems to trust the likes of SWP and Park to do lots of running to make us compact and hard to beat.

Is there any news of the availability of Traore, Fabio, Ferdinand, Bosingwa or Dyer? I'm assuming we may only find out in the pre-match press-conference tomorrow?

Which is what makes it all the more ridiculous.

If Hughes wont go all out, as he is worried about the result, You only need to look at our dreadful record of 2 points away from home since he took over in Last January, which shows that his "cautious" approach also doesnt work.

We need to play to our strengths with Adel, Hoilett & Zamora as a front 3 attacking a robust yet not very mobile defence of WBA
Login to get fewer ads

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 11:14 - Oct 4 with 3595 viewsNorthernr

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 10:54 - Oct 4 by W7Ranger

Surely Brunt will be out injured? Looked liked he picked up a hammy on Sunday against Villa.

Yes but I was simply giving an overview of what they have. If it pleases you over there in pedant's corner just swap Brunt's name for Jerome Thomas, Zolta Gera or Graeme Dorrans.
Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 11:17 - Oct 4 with 3586 viewsRangersw12

I get the feeling the formation on Sat could be make or break for the fans , I have defended Hughes and do not want him sacked but if he persists with 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 and we inevitably get turned over then he clearly hasn't a learnt anything from Mondays game and I think the calls for his head will get louder

Imperative we don't concede early or the atmosphere will be poisonous in the away end

My team for Sat

Cesar
Dyer(if fit)/Harriman
Onuoha
Nelson
Hill

M'bia
Granero
Park
Taarbt
Hoilett

Zamora

433 when we have the ball and 451 when we don't
Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 11:17 - Oct 4 with 3583 viewsadhoc_qpr

Surely Traore or Dyer must be in contention as they only had niggles?

I can't see Hughes doing anything radical and i'd be suprised if he changes more than 1 or 2 players.

One up front doesn't have to be negative, if we have attacking players supporting them.

I do worry if we concede and early goal what will happen.
Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 11:19 - Oct 4 with 3573 viewsdaveB

i don't agree that Hughes doesn't go for it enough, we basically play a 4-2-4 in most games, sod all protection for the back four and full backs bombing on as well, it's a very attacking team, i think we could do with being a bit more cautious
Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 11:21 - Oct 4 with 3563 viewsW7Ranger

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 11:14 - Oct 4 by Northernr

Yes but I was simply giving an overview of what they have. If it pleases you over there in pedant's corner just swap Brunt's name for Jerome Thomas, Zolta Gera or Graeme Dorrans.

Woooooooooooooo get you!!

Wasn't being pedantic - just making a comment as I didn't know if you were aware of his injury ffs!!

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 11:21 - Oct 4 with 3549 viewsreal_loftus

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 11:14 - Oct 4 by Northernr

* Zoltan

ATAF.

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 11:22 - Oct 4 with 3555 viewsElHoop

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 11:03 - Oct 4 by Jamie

Got to be 4-5-1 for me.

Park--Granero--Mbia--Faurlin--Hoilett

-----------------Zamora--------------

Park shouldnt start, but he will.

That 5/6 looks good to me.

I don't mind Park when we're under the cosh but when we need to cosh someone ourselves he's a bit of a feather duster. I think that we'll be under the cosh here. The game there last season was my only away game of the campaign and we didn't do that badly, were probably worth a draw. Definitely try M'Bia in midfield but the sending off of Diakite might be something that we pay for twice, as was the case a few times last season with different players.

But who plays left back? Is Park worth a try there and then maybe Adel can play on the left with Hoilett on the right?
Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 11:23 - Oct 4 with 3553 viewsNorthernr

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 11:21 - Oct 4 by W7Ranger

Woooooooooooooo get you!!

Wasn't being pedantic - just making a comment as I didn't know if you were aware of his injury ffs!!

Well honestly, it's like being at school having your work corrected round here sometimes.
Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 11:24 - Oct 4 with 3550 viewsballbag

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 11:17 - Oct 4 by adhoc_qpr

Surely Traore or Dyer must be in contention as they only had niggles?

I can't see Hughes doing anything radical and i'd be suprised if he changes more than 1 or 2 players.

One up front doesn't have to be negative, if we have attacking players supporting them.

I do worry if we concede and early goal what will happen.

In the injury exchange rate:

1 Dyer niggle = 4 Mackie Hammies
Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 11:32 - Oct 4 with 3526 viewsW7Ranger

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 11:23 - Oct 4 by Northernr

Well honestly, it's like being at school having your work corrected round here sometimes.

Just because I inquired about about the fitness of one of West Brom's players????

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez!!!

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 11:44 - Oct 4 with 3479 viewsozexile

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 11:19 - Oct 4 by daveB

i don't agree that Hughes doesn't go for it enough, we basically play a 4-2-4 in most games, sod all protection for the back four and full backs bombing on as well, it's a very attacking team, i think we could do with being a bit more cautious

4-2-4? If that's the way we set up when we attack how come we struggle to get men in the box?
Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 11:46 - Oct 4 with 3462 viewsjeffro

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 11:19 - Oct 4 by daveB

Full backs bombing on??

I cant remember seeing Onhua anywhere near overlapping the way Bosingwa does, or Hill as Traore does?

We are far too defensive and when he does make the change its either too late or the wrong change. ( see SWP as a right back vs Swansea for proof)
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 11:50 - Oct 4 with 3450 viewsdaveB

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 11:46 - Oct 4 by jeffro

Full backs bombing on??

I cant remember seeing Onhua anywhere near overlapping the way Bosingwa does, or Hill as Traore does?

We are far too defensive and when he does make the change its either too late or the wrong change. ( see SWP as a right back vs Swansea for proof)
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Hill was playing almost as a left winger for most of the first half the other night, the plan is for them to bomb forward but obviously when it's not dyer, Fabio or Bosingwa it doesn't work as well.

I agree he is slow with his subs but it's usually an attacking one, SWP on for Clint Hill was hardly negative
Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 12:01 - Oct 4 with 3424 viewsJuzzie

He may be slow with the subs but I'd rather he got it tactically right from the starting XI.

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 12:03 - Oct 4 with 3417 viewsW7Ranger

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 11:50 - Oct 4 by daveB

Hill was playing almost as a left winger for most of the first half the other night, the plan is for them to bomb forward but obviously when it's not dyer, Fabio or Bosingwa it doesn't work as well.

I agree he is slow with his subs but it's usually an attacking one, SWP on for Clint Hill was hardly negative

SWP is a hard woking back tracking player these days though isn't he???

I would argue Clint Hill offers more of an attacking threat than SWP!!

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 12:04 - Oct 4 with 3416 viewsTW_R

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 11:50 - Oct 4 by daveB

I can't remember Hill "bombing on" at any point. I can remember him running into blind alleys and losing the ball a lot though.

"SWP on for Clint Hill was hardly negative"

I'm confused - didn't they both start?
Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 12:13 - Oct 4 with 3385 viewsdaveB

was referring to SWP on for Hill against Swansea

I wasn't suggesting Hill did a great deal getting forward but that seemed to be the plan as he kept running down the left wing whilst we gave the ball away in midfield
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024