Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread, 19:03 - Aug 19 with 31878 viewsRAFCRuss

team vs crewe:
logan
rafferty
Bennett
eastham
vincenti
hery
done
tanser
allen
kennedy
Henderson

subs:
diba
Andrew
dawson
Donnelly
rose
logan
camps
Match Thread, on 23:49 - Aug 19 with 2645 viewsColDale

should have been six. We had a goal disallowed when their keeper fouled our player just after half time
Match Thread, on 00:04 - Aug 20 with 2578 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Great result........big well done to all concerned,team ,management and fans.

Feet on the ground though,difficult times ahead.

Proud tonight though!
Match Thread, on 00:05 - Aug 20 with 2570 viewsNafelad

Match Thread, on 23:49 - Aug 19 by ColDale

should have been six. We had a goal disallowed when their keeper fouled our player just after half time

Agree!!
The referee was poor again -fed up with getting few free kicks compared to the home opposition. He managed to annoy and frustrate Dale fans, as has happened so often in the past. Glad the Dale played so well and didn't let the referee's bias affect them. The ref did his best to get Crewe back in the game.but the Dale were just too good on the night!

Topcat

Match Thread, on 00:06 - Aug 20 with 2569 viewsdalefan

Match Thread, on 23:49 - Aug 19 by ColDale

I thought the referee was absolutely dreadful tonight.
Some of his decisions were awful. He seemed to give fouls against us that weren't fouls and didn't give fouls for us that were.
I read he used to referee in the premier league, my only surprise is that he is still allowed to referee at all.
Match Thread, on 00:23 - Aug 20 with 2501 viewsBeckWMG

What a wonderful game to watch. I said to my mate at 1-1 that it might end up 4-3. Wasn't far wrong.

We simply went back to the early days of KH management with his NO FEAR approach.

Done, Hendo and Bennett all allowed to stay forward without much defensive responsbility. It was refreshing to see them stay forward as the rest of the team defended.
It did leave us exposed in the middle in the first half an hour but from then on it was all Dale.

Risk and reward won the day.

One thing that stood out for me today was the fitness of the team. We looked far and away a fitter outfit than Crewe.

Special mention of course to Matty Done, his finish for his hat-trick goal was first class.

Be interesting to see all the doubters comments now in the lead up to Saturday as we still haven't signed a striker.

Well done team Rochdale.

UP THE DALE
Match Thread, on 00:23 - Aug 20 with 2491 viewssweetcorn

What a performance that was..

Brave selection choices from hill tonight, one opting for a 442 which risked leaving us exposed and overrun, letting bennett loose up the right hand side, playing allen and hery in the middle with no real muscle and to opt to play hendo and done as makeshift strikers. It worked an absolute treat and showed yet again, that when the pressure is on, hill tends to get his selections right tactically.

Done aside, bennett was my MOM, his runs tonight were yaya toure esque, he looked so powerful on the ball and the crewe players couldnt get the thing off him, with a little work on his final ball we could have a new right midfielder.

Jamie allen and bastien hery worked tirelessy in the middle and the run from allen that lead to the first goal was unbelievable!

The choice to play hendo and done upfront proved to be hill's masterstroke, seeing that crewe centre halves seemed more the physical type than the footballing type and just couldnt cope with done and hendos, pace, skill and movement.

The defence looked solid for the most part and logan pulled off a couple ofworldies, the only negative is how exposed tanser looked to the strength of crewe's striker for their first goal and maybe showed that he might not be first choice for every game this season, but other than that looked composed.

Going bed a very pleased dale fan, i would have been happy to see one goal, never mind 5!!!
[Post edited 20 Aug 2014 0:28]

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Match Thread, on 00:35 - Aug 20 with 2452 viewsBrierls

Match Thread, on 00:23 - Aug 20 by sweetcorn

Brave selection choices from hill tonight, one opting for a 442 which risked leaving us exposed and overrun, letting bennett loose up the right hand side, playing allen and hery in the middle with no real muscle and to opt to play hendo and done as makeshift strikers. It worked an absolute treat and showed yet again, that when the pressure is on, hill tends to get his selections right tactically.

Done aside, bennett was my MOM, his runs tonight were yaya toure esque, he looked so powerful on the ball and the crewe players couldnt get the thing off him, with a little work on his final ball we could have a new right midfielder.

Jamie allen and bastien hery worked tirelessy in the middle and the run from allen that lead to the first goal was unbelievable!

The choice to play hendo and done upfront proved to be hill's masterstroke, seeing that crewe centre halves seemed more the physical type than the footballing type and just couldnt cope with done and hendos, pace, skill and movement.

The defence looked solid for the most part and logan pulled off a couple ofworldies, the only negative is how exposed tanser looked to the strength of crewe's striker for their first goal and maybe showed that he might not be first choice for every game this season, but other than that looked composed.

Going bed a very pleased dale fan, i would have been happy to see one goal, never mind 5!!!

Pretty much sums up my thoughts. Everybody put a shift in but I thought Bennett was outstanding and MOM, which is some going when Done has bagged a hat trick!

Ballsy selection by Hilly which paid dividends. The workrate and movement was superb, a real pleasure to watch. Done and particularly Vincenti (understandable given illness over the weekend) were dead on their feet when they came off, which just shows the effort they and others put in. Incredible fitness levels from Hendo, Allen & Bennett.

Much much happier tonight.
Match Thread, on 00:47 - Aug 20 with 2422 viewsToffeemanc

Match Thread, on 00:35 - Aug 20 by Brierls

Pretty much sums up my thoughts. Everybody put a shift in but I thought Bennett was outstanding and MOM, which is some going when Done has bagged a hat trick!

Ballsy selection by Hilly which paid dividends. The workrate and movement was superb, a real pleasure to watch. Done and particularly Vincenti (understandable given illness over the weekend) were dead on their feet when they came off, which just shows the effort they and others put in. Incredible fitness levels from Hendo, Allen & Bennett.

Much much happier tonight.

Vincenti deserves a special mention for the effort he put in tonight. Went off just before half time with the head injury and definitely wasn't 100% when he came out at the start of the second half being physically sick just before the kick off. Didn't stop him having a fantastic game though. Run himself into the floor and was physically sick twice more before being subbed, the man gave his everything tonight and it was fully appreciated amongst the Dale fans in the ground.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread, on 01:32 - Aug 20 with 2349 viewsolympicdale

Match Thread, on 00:47 - Aug 20 by Toffeemanc

Vincenti deserves a special mention for the effort he put in tonight. Went off just before half time with the head injury and definitely wasn't 100% when he came out at the start of the second half being physically sick just before the kick off. Didn't stop him having a fantastic game though. Run himself into the floor and was physically sick twice more before being subbed, the man gave his everything tonight and it was fully appreciated amongst the Dale fans in the ground.

wow, what a legend!

Life is a game of fate.

Match Thread, on 05:01 - Aug 20 with 2260 viewsTalkingSutty

Match Thread, on 00:23 - Aug 20 by sweetcorn

Hilly played Bennett in an attacking role at Macc and bury during pre season if i remember. Didn't somebody on the forum state that during his early days at Bolton he played as a forward? Bennett is a proper utility player and once scored a Yaya Toure type goal at Rochdale when he weaved through the opposition.
Match Thread, on 08:25 - Aug 20 with 2013 viewsaleanddale

Match Thread, on 21:18 - Aug 19 by tazzydjr

Whoever predicted that Matty Done Hatrick today is an Legend
[Post edited 19 Aug 2014 21:24]

Cheers Tazzy - hardly a legend that is definately you....

Great result and a very brave decision to drop Gorgeous George and Andrew.

Its obvious to me we have plenty of real quality in the side and its a little scary how competitive we could become with the final piece of the jigsaw.

I cant wait to see who the next addition is....

Scored 5 last night but cant expect that every week we need that one quality addition up front to complement all the other good work on 9/10ths of the pitch....

Oh and if i am being greedy possibly an experienced centre half.... If the right man is available.
Match Thread, on 08:50 - Aug 20 with 1941 viewsPDIDDY

And dezzy missed it,haha... Christ, Luton makes dale look like paradise.. Palestine flags a plenty. UTS

Gissa job

Match Thread, on 09:09 - Aug 20 with 1878 viewsTalkingSutty

Match Thread, on 08:25 - Aug 20 by aleanddale

Cheers Tazzy - hardly a legend that is definately you....

Great result and a very brave decision to drop Gorgeous George and Andrew.

Its obvious to me we have plenty of real quality in the side and its a little scary how competitive we could become with the final piece of the jigsaw.

I cant wait to see who the next addition is....

Scored 5 last night but cant expect that every week we need that one quality addition up front to complement all the other good work on 9/10ths of the pitch....

Oh and if i am being greedy possibly an experienced centre half.... If the right man is available.

Yes, a centre half and a forward should give us enough to compete week in week out in league one. It will be interesting to see what impact Muldoon has once we get him on the pitch, at 25 years old he wont be classed as a 'youngster' and should know how to look after himself.
Playing at league one level is obviously a big jump though, we might see the best of him next season.
Match Thread, on 09:10 - Aug 20 with 1874 views442Dale

Match Thread, on 08:50 - Aug 20 by PDIDDY

And dezzy missed it,haha... Christ, Luton makes dale look like paradise.. Palestine flags a plenty. UTS

Just as Flitcroft finds a winning formula it's tinkered with again. Who was playing LB/LWB? Noticed the supposed second coming of Roberto Carlos was on the bench.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread, on 09:22 - Aug 20 with 1838 viewsisitme

We started tentatively and went a goal down early when Haber out muscled Tanser to slot home. From then on we dominated and looked dangerous every time we attacked. Both Bennett and Vincenti could/should have scored from headers before Henderson scored our equaliser.

The real positives were the tempo we played at and how well we pressed. We tore them apart at times and Henderson and Done gave the Crewe defenders a torrid time. Crewe looked a poor side defensively and those are the types of games we need to be winning, but we would have been a match for most sides last night.

I am still concerned that we look vulnerable defensively. Logan made a few good saves and Haber scored with both chances he had. I think we miss Lancashire and especially his organisation and leadership skills.

It will be interesting to see if Hilly keeps Done and Henderson up front on Saturday.
Match Thread, on 09:34 - Aug 20 with 1797 views442Dale

Match Thread, on 09:22 - Aug 20 by isitme

We started tentatively and went a goal down early when Haber out muscled Tanser to slot home. From then on we dominated and looked dangerous every time we attacked. Both Bennett and Vincenti could/should have scored from headers before Henderson scored our equaliser.

The real positives were the tempo we played at and how well we pressed. We tore them apart at times and Henderson and Done gave the Crewe defenders a torrid time. Crewe looked a poor side defensively and those are the types of games we need to be winning, but we would have been a match for most sides last night.

I am still concerned that we look vulnerable defensively. Logan made a few good saves and Haber scored with both chances he had. I think we miss Lancashire and especially his organisation and leadership skills.

It will be interesting to see if Hilly keeps Done and Henderson up front on Saturday.

He should do. Agree with a comment elsewhere, think it was TalkingSutty, it's probably best we let other teams worry about us for the moment and play to our strengths. There are times in a season where planning and tactics should focus on the opposition a bit more, but after the euphoria of last night it's best to harness that and let the players go out and play with confidence high.

Matt Done will think playing up front is the greatest thing ever, so capitalise on that and leave him there for a few games. Who knows what might happen? If he has 5/6 goals by the end of September we could have a real option on our hands for the long term.

Some may remember Paul Warhurst being stuck up front by Sheffield Wednesday the season they got to two cup finals. At first it was an emergency solution to David Hurst getting injured, but he found he suited the role and was an excellent finisher. It led to getting an England call-up.

Match Thread, on 09:40 - Aug 20 with 1773 viewsisitme

Match Thread, on 09:34 - Aug 20 by 442Dale

He should do. Agree with a comment elsewhere, think it was TalkingSutty, it's probably best we let other teams worry about us for the moment and play to our strengths. There are times in a season where planning and tactics should focus on the opposition a bit more, but after the euphoria of last night it's best to harness that and let the players go out and play with confidence high.

Matt Done will think playing up front is the greatest thing ever, so capitalise on that and leave him there for a few games. Who knows what might happen? If he has 5/6 goals by the end of September we could have a real option on our hands for the long term.

Some may remember Paul Warhurst being stuck up front by Sheffield Wednesday the season they got to two cup finals. At first it was an emergency solution to David Hurst getting injured, but he found he suited the role and was an excellent finisher. It led to getting an England call-up.

Funny you should say that.

I have just watched Hill's Dale Player interview and he suggested that he probably will have to find a new tactic on Saturday, although I am not sure whether this is a bluff?
Match Thread, on 09:55 - Aug 20 with 1720 viewssweetcorn

Match Thread, on 09:34 - Aug 20 by 442Dale

I'm not sure about sticking with the same team, it worked so well last night because hill knew our team was simply better than theirs and that they wouldnt be able to live with the pace and movement last nights team offered.

Bristol city however are an entirely different proposition and are one of the favourites to be in one of those automatic places when may comes round, we might find ourselves having to dig deep on saturday at times and i definitley wouldnt be against making a few changes.

You're right about done, he definitley has to start up top again and after last night you'd have to say he's a real option upfront now, but i wouldnt be against seeing him with andrew on saturday as their games could really compliment each others and hopefully the ball will stick with andrew and take some pressure off the defensive side of things. Move hendo back to the left and give vincennti a rest as he seemingly ran until he could run no more last night. I also think dawson needs to replace one of allen or hery in such a big game, as he'll add some bite to the midfield and has tons of experience!

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Match Thread, on 09:57 - Aug 20 with 1715 viewsfitzochris

Last night was an incredible result given the circumstances. It was also, by all accounts, an incredible performance.

But as Hill says on the OS, it could have easily all gone paps up and, by his own admission, it isn’t a formula that will work week in, week out.

The problems in personnel that we had before the Crewe are still there now, the result has just allowed us some breathing space.

I still expect us to recruit someone capable of leading the line very soon, and possibly a centre half too. The players Hilly was looking at before will still be being looked at now.

Not wanting to take the gloss of what is a great result, mind you.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match Thread, on 10:04 - Aug 20 with 1678 views442Dale

Match Thread, on 09:55 - Aug 20 by sweetcorn

I'm not sure about sticking with the same team, it worked so well last night because hill knew our team was simply better than theirs and that they wouldnt be able to live with the pace and movement last nights team offered.

Bristol city however are an entirely different proposition and are one of the favourites to be in one of those automatic places when may comes round, we might find ourselves having to dig deep on saturday at times and i definitley wouldnt be against making a few changes.

You're right about done, he definitley has to start up top again and after last night you'd have to say he's a real option upfront now, but i wouldnt be against seeing him with andrew on saturday as their games could really compliment each others and hopefully the ball will stick with andrew and take some pressure off the defensive side of things. Move hendo back to the left and give vincennti a rest as he seemingly ran until he could run no more last night. I also think dawson needs to replace one of allen or hery in such a big game, as he'll add some bite to the midfield and has tons of experience!

Yeah there could be personnel changes out of necessity, but the front two can remain the same - playing to current strengths. Done hat-trick and Henderson man of the match as per Hill.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2014 10:21]

Match Thread, on 10:06 - Aug 20 with 1671 viewsColDale

It sounds incredibly simple but for me last night we played our eleven best available players. Having decided which players to play, we then looked for a system to accommodate them.
Match Thread, on 10:10 - Aug 20 with 1645 viewsPDIDDY

Match Thread, on 09:10 - Aug 20 by 442Dale

Just as Flitcroft finds a winning formula it's tinkered with again. Who was playing LB/LWB? Noticed the supposed second coming of Roberto Carlos was on the bench.

3 at the back same as at Hartlepool

Gissa job

Match Thread, on 10:17 - Aug 20 with 1606 views442Dale

Match Thread, on 10:10 - Aug 20 by PDIDDY

3 at the back same as at Hartlepool

Yes, I know. Except no Hussey on the left. Was Mayor there? If so, not playing to his strengths really. If not, who? Stick Widdowson there, far better option as mentioned before.

You're welcome.

Match Thread, on 10:44 - Aug 20 with 1541 viewsaleanddale

Didds

shakers opening salvo

P3

won 1 drawn 1 lost 1.

pro rata 62 points or so should put you close to the league 2 play offs.

Your fans still thinking the title by Valentines day?
Match Thread, on 11:20 - Aug 20 with 1479 viewsWill_RAFC

Bet those people whinging on here since Saturday feel a bit silly now! Ahem!

We were superb going forward. The energy was unbelievable. We suffocated Crewe with none stop pressure on and off the ball and at times the movement of Henderson and Done was unplayable. Had we started the season like this and still got beat I doubt anyone would have been too upset. We still need a clinical striker as this formation won't work every time, but I am happy now I've seen we do have the capability to hurt teams and we will do that a lot if last nights performance is repeated. We wont face many sides as poor as Crewe though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024