Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Questions, questions 23:08 - Nov 18 with 23508 viewsBartRowou

This Oldham game then.

As Latics fans are openly discussing coming into the home end on their fora and the authorities have decided that it's not all-ticket, despite making so many less attractive matches all-ticket in the past, what is being done to prevent disorder?

The accent/postcode check isn't going to work so all we are left with is a Dale-related trivia question which has to be answered correctly at the turnstiles to guarantee admission to the home stands.

Question 1: Between 1993 and 1996, which colour socks did Rochdale wear only once?

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Questions, questions on 11:50 - Nov 28 with 3464 viewstazzydjr

Questions, questions on 08:50 - Nov 28 by ParkinsGimp

I am not an idiot and well past the hooligan days but I will defend my friends or fellow Dale fans from any Biffo who decides to act up and threaten decent dale fans trying to enjoy a game. I also know there are many more like me in all areas of the ground so any biffo thinking of causing a scene should think very long and hard before doing so!

Surely all their potential trouble causers are all past it now and hopefully have grown up them all no longer being "Young"

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Questions, questions on 12:51 - Nov 28 with 3361 viewsD_Alien

Questions, questions on 11:50 - Nov 28 by tazzydjr

Surely all their potential trouble causers are all past it now and hopefully have grown up them all no longer being "Young"

Tazzy, it's a common mistake made by "the young" to think that people get wiser as they get older. Some do, but you've got to have a brain that works properly for the wisdom to filter through!

For those who haven't, the only thing limiting their ongoing aggressive stupidity is when physical frailty sets in.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Questions, questions on 13:01 - Nov 28 with 3331 viewsdingdangblue

Questions, questions on 12:51 - Nov 28 by D_Alien

Tazzy, it's a common mistake made by "the young" to think that people get wiser as they get older. Some do, but you've got to have a brain that works properly for the wisdom to filter through!

For those who haven't, the only thing limiting their ongoing aggressive stupidity is when physical frailty sets in.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Questions, questions on 14:23 - Nov 28 with 3211 viewsBiffo_Boy

Well our club is doing it's bit to encourage good behaviour tomorrow, lets hope the advice is taken so we can all enjoy the game.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/please-act-responsibly-tomorrow-211
Questions, questions on 14:33 - Nov 28 with 3188 viewstazzydjr

Questions, questions on 14:23 - Nov 28 by Biffo_Boy

Well our club is doing it's bit to encourage good behaviour tomorrow, lets hope the advice is taken so we can all enjoy the game.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/please-act-responsibly-tomorrow-211

Look's like good old Paddy Kenny in net tomorrow

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/departure-goalkeeper-joins-charlton

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com

Questions, questions on 15:25 - Nov 28 with 3106 viewsBiffo_Boy

Questions, questions on 14:33 - Nov 28 by tazzydjr

Look's like good old Paddy Kenny in net tomorrow

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/departure-goalkeeper-joins-charlton

It will be out regular No. 1 Paul Rachubka I would think
Questions, questions on 15:26 - Nov 28 with 3102 viewstazzydjr

Questions, questions on 15:25 - Nov 28 by Biffo_Boy

It will be out regular No. 1 Paul Rachubka I would think

Whoever is chosen won't have an easy game

Questions, questions on 15:36 - Nov 28 with 3080 viewsBiffo_Boy

Questions, questions on 15:26 - Nov 28 by tazzydjr

I agree, I think it's going to be a decent game with a few goals. There bound to be a bit of local media interest so lets hope it's a good advertisment for both clubs
Login to get fewer ads

Questions, questions on 15:41 - Nov 28 with 3071 viewsoafc_ryan

Questions, questions on 18:26 - Nov 27 by aleanddale

Ryan - i recon you are a youngish fella.

A nice enough youngish fella I will give you that. Debate on this board is always welcome - not like other message boards i could mention.

Life has rules - This is our home game and we can accomodate 3200 of you. I am sorry we dont play at a bigger stadium but thats life and 3200 is more than enough week in and week out.

we have season ticket holders in all other areas who have paid to sit where they like to sit.

Its not worth the agro and bad will moving these Dale fans and setting up a potential for conflict for pro rata very little cash in return ( the additional policing costs would wipe any extra money out )

so back to the rules. You all know that if you have a ticket for the away end as a club we will do our best to make sure you all have a great / safe matchday experience.

WE CANNOT ACCOMODATE ANY MORE!!

And again. I dont think many on here are bothered if 1000 Biffos sit in the home end as long as they pay there money and come and go quietly.

No doubt some Oldham fans will be in the home ends - but that doesnt mean you are right or that these fans have a devine right to be there.

Enjoy the game.. enjoy the day.

Pop back on here on Monday and let us know what you thought of the game and Spotland in general.

Fair enough, I will accept that the allocation should have been sufficient. However, I'm more interested in what the strategy for preventing trouble is as fans are segregated for a reason.

As for Spotland I've been three times before (the 0-0 where Davies was sent off and Hughes missed a pen, it was either the JPT or League Cup, I think we won on pens, I've been as a neutral once against, I think, Gillingham it was a few years back and final game of the season and the 3-2 two years ago). A ground I must admit I really like, smart in my opinion, made better by the fact it's a local derby.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2014 15:53]
Questions, questions on 15:44 - Nov 28 with 3064 viewsdingdangblue

Questions, questions on 15:41 - Nov 28 by oafc_ryan

Fair enough, I will accept that the allocation should have been sufficient. However, I'm more interested in what the strategy for preventing trouble is as fans are segregated for a reason.

As for Spotland I've been three times before (the 0-0 where Davies was sent off and Hughes missed a pen, it was either the JPT or League Cup, I think we won on pens, I've been as a neutral once against, I think, Gillingham it was a few years back and final game of the season and the 3-2 two years ago). A ground I must admit I really like, smart in my opinion, made better by the fact it's a local derby.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2014 15:53]

It is a great view from that stand - and looks superb when its full. Looking forward to a cracking contest.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Questions, questions on 20:17 - Nov 28 with 2852 viewsVespaDale

I know a few Owdham hoolies or whatever youd like to call them....? I received a text this week to watch my back as there are a 'good number' coming into our end for 1 sole reason, and it isnt to watch the game!!! So personally i'm expecting some incident/s to occur.
Questions, questions on 20:21 - Nov 28 with 2839 viewstazzydjr

Questions, questions on 20:17 - Nov 28 by VespaDale

I know a few Owdham hoolies or whatever youd like to call them....? I received a text this week to watch my back as there are a 'good number' coming into our end for 1 sole reason, and it isnt to watch the game!!! So personally i'm expecting some incident/s to occur.

You'd think the entire "Fine Young Casuals" would be past this stuff by now tbf their all grown men

Questions, questions on 21:12 - Nov 28 with 2753 viewsDale23years

Trust me they wont get near the ground the police not that stupid

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Questions, questions on 23:28 - Nov 28 with 2617 viewsnordenblue

However clever they think they are they will stand out like a sore thumb and be wonderfully outnumbered so all the best with their plans
Questions, questions on 23:33 - Nov 28 with 2607 viewsSympatheticTic

Ha. Someone's been on the wind up. There'll be a fair few in your ends but not many that daft enough to start ballooning in the ground and getting themselves 3 year bans. No doubt there'll be a few 'offs' here and there but I wouldn't be worried about punches to back of the head.
Questions, questions on 13:55 - Nov 29 with 2355 viewsChaffRAFC

Just been sent a text saying one of our female programme sellers has been attacked outside the Sandy Lane end by a group of Latics morons. Not seen it myself to comment but my mate is enraged by the lack of response by Police and stewards.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Questions, questions on 19:59 - Dec 1 with 2188 viewsDomDale

Questions, questions on 12:36 - Nov 26 by Hurrikeen

I don't think they've taken flares anywhere, ever.

As for banners, well they may try but apparently they're not allowed in the ground.

First time for everything 😉

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Questions, questions on 21:01 - Dec 1 with 2112 viewsdalebolt

Questions, questions on 23:33 - Nov 28 by SympatheticTic

Ha. Someone's been on the wind up. There'll be a fair few in your ends but not many that daft enough to start ballooning in the ground and getting themselves 3 year bans. No doubt there'll be a few 'offs' here and there but I wouldn't be worried about punches to back of the head.

Nah just the front of the head hey vespadale?
Questions, questions on 10:25 - Dec 2 with 1964 viewsR_AFC

It should have been more difficult for the away fans to come in our stands. One suggestion I have is that you receive a voucher at the two games before this and you can only get in if you have a voucher

Up the dale!
Poll: Who would you want to see in net against Barnsley?

Questions, questions on 12:03 - Dec 2 with 1925 viewsoa85

Questions, questions on 15:26 - Nov 28 by tazzydjr

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024