Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My bumper all things Oldham thread. 22:48 - Feb 28 with 10619 viewsanotherbiffo

Hi, 'Dale fans!

Thought I'd start this thread for you as there are an embarrassing number of biffo related topics on this board (for a club who don't care a jot about us!).
Just stick it all in this one thread and you'll look far less obsessed.

You're welcome.
My bumper all things Oldham thread. on 14:29 - Mar 6 with 2269 viewsoa85

My bumper all things Oldham thread. on 13:50 - Mar 6 by Toffeemanc

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31764477

Another rejection

I think we all knew Scholes was a pipe dream, It will be worse next week when Dowie rejects us to stay at Sky on a nice cushty wage.
My bumper all things Oldham thread. on 15:08 - Mar 6 with 2247 viewsTalkingSutty

My bumper all things Oldham thread. on 14:29 - Mar 6 by oa85

I think we all knew Scholes was a pipe dream, It will be worse next week when Dowie rejects us to stay at Sky on a nice cushty wage.

I don't think his cushy job at Sky will come into it. Being realistic what can Oldham Athletic offer? A club with one of the lowest average home crowds in league one, a crap ground, no money and no thriving youth system to supplement the first team. If ever your new stand gets built it will be a white elephant and you know it.

A club in decline if you look at their 'Progress' over the last 20 years. A club that in the not too distant past played in the Premiership and whose fans are now bragging because they attract 7/800 more home fans than their want to be rivals Rochdale. We have never reached those lofty heights so have a good excuse for our crap crowds, what's yours?

I view Oldham in the same way i view teams like Northampton and Wycombe, nobody gives a *hit about them.
My bumper all things Oldham thread. on 15:54 - Mar 6 with 2205 viewsoa85

My bumper all things Oldham thread. on 15:08 - Mar 6 by TalkingSutty

I don't think his cushy job at Sky will come into it. Being realistic what can Oldham Athletic offer? A club with one of the lowest average home crowds in league one, a crap ground, no money and no thriving youth system to supplement the first team. If ever your new stand gets built it will be a white elephant and you know it.

A club in decline if you look at their 'Progress' over the last 20 years. A club that in the not too distant past played in the Premiership and whose fans are now bragging because they attract 7/800 more home fans than their want to be rivals Rochdale. We have never reached those lofty heights so have a good excuse for our crap crowds, what's yours?

I view Oldham in the same way i view teams like Northampton and Wycombe, nobody gives a *hit about them.

My bumper all things Oldham thread. on 15:59 - Mar 6 with 2202 viewsoa85

My bumper all things Oldham thread. on 15:08 - Mar 6 by TalkingSutty

A league one club that lies within 3 points of the play offs with a game in hand. New stand that is fully funded and is now being completed. Crowds actually slowly rising again. We may not be at the heights we were 20 years ago but we certainly aren't dead. 70 applications with ''some of the strongest candidates weve ever head'' says that.
My bumper all things Oldham thread. on 16:22 - Mar 6 with 2180 viewsSimpkinsLeftPeg

My bumper all things Oldham thread. on 15:59 - Mar 6 by oa85

A league one club that lies within 3 points of the play offs with a game in hand. New stand that is fully funded and is now being completed. Crowds actually slowly rising again. We may not be at the heights we were 20 years ago but we certainly aren't dead. 70 applications with ''some of the strongest candidates weve ever head'' says that.

"70 applications with ''some of the strongest candidates weve ever head'' says that."

We heard a similar line a few years ago.

We got Steve Eyre.
My bumper all things Oldham thread. on 16:48 - Mar 6 with 2148 viewsChaffRAFC

My bumper all things Oldham thread. on 16:22 - Mar 6 by SimpkinsLeftPeg

"70 applications with ''some of the strongest candidates weve ever head'' says that."

We heard a similar line a few years ago.

We got Steve Eyre.

He's one of the 70 as it happens. Now that would be very ace.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

My bumper all things Oldham thread. on 17:01 - Mar 6 with 2131 viewsjokerthief

I still think with the meagre crowds @ Rochdale, the only real solution is to amalgamate with another club. Just makes so much sense. My preference would be with Bury, Oldham second choice..Burdale would attract crowds of 8/10 thousand home fans every game..Then could compete with Burnley, Blackburn, Bolton etc.
Atmosphere would be much better...and Hillcroft could unite again, with Beechy 3rd in charge.
I go way back to being the main programme seller at the league cup final against Norwich. So no spring chicken with teenage ideas..
My bumper all things Oldham thread. on 17:02 - Mar 6 with 2125 viewsD_Alien

My bumper all things Oldham thread. on 17:01 - Mar 6 by jokerthief

I still think with the meagre crowds @ Rochdale, the only real solution is to amalgamate with another club. Just makes so much sense. My preference would be with Bury, Oldham second choice..Burdale would attract crowds of 8/10 thousand home fans every game..Then could compete with Burnley, Blackburn, Bolton etc.
Atmosphere would be much better...and Hillcroft could unite again, with Beechy 3rd in charge.
I go way back to being the main programme seller at the league cup final against Norwich. So no spring chicken with teenage ideas..

Senile dementia

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

My bumper all things Oldham thread. on 17:18 - Mar 6 with 2106 viewstazzydjr

as the song goes

MANCHESTER NORTH END, WE DON'T WANT TO KNOW

P.s. Oldham weren't always Oldham Athletic they were known as Pine Villa in 1895 they didn't become Biffo's till 1899 but they only became that because the original Oldham team Oldham County FC had Folded that year i wonder how many of them Biffo's actually know their own history

I wonder if the original Rochdale 1896 ever played Pine Villa or Oldham County did we beat them back then aswell?

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

My bumper all things Oldham thread. on 19:35 - Mar 6 with 2031 viewsnordenblue

The first part of your usernames rather apt
[Post edited 6 Mar 2015 19:36]
My bumper all things Oldham thread. on 20:39 - Mar 6 with 2000 viewsTVOS1907

My bumper all things Oldham thread. on 09:59 - Mar 6 by oa85

im sorry taz but even your fellow supporters think your a bit simple.

Is he as simple as someone who doesn't know the difference between 'your' and 'you're'?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

My bumper all things Oldham thread. on 20:48 - Mar 6 with 1987 viewsBrighouseDale

My bumper all things Oldham thread. on 15:59 - Mar 6 by oa85

I work with a lad who applies for every managers job going. He was on the news a couple of years ago for having the biggest collection of rejection letters, even had one from Rochdale late 90s / early 00s. Wonder if he's in with a shot?

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

My bumper all things Oldham thread. on 23:29 - Mar 6 with 1922 viewsWhiteyBFC

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024