Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What would you like the Dale home kit to look like? 09:46 - Apr 25 with 8794 views442Dale

What would you like the Dale home kit to look like?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

What would you like the Dale home kit to look like? on 22:21 - Apr 28 with 2109 viewsFrog

What would you like the Dale home kit to look like? on 22:07 - Apr 28 by 442Dale

Plymouth have the last couple of years.
http://www.footballkitnews.com/14087/new-plymouth-argyle-1516-home-kit-chosen-by

Bristol Rovers have with Errea.
http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristol-Rovers-offer-supporters-opportunity/story-2

Bit higher up the leagues, Burnley have as well.
http://www.footyheadlines.com/2014/12/puma-burnley-fc-2015-16-away-kit-vote.html

Those were the three I remembered off the top of my head, but usually sticking '*team name* kit vote' in google brings something up.

Cheers 442
What would you like the Dale home kit to look like? on 22:28 - Apr 28 with 2101 views442Dale

This is possibly the best thing on YouTube, ever.

What would you like the Dale home kit to look like? on 05:50 - Apr 29 with 2022 viewsColDale

What would you like the Dale home kit to look like? on 22:28 - Apr 28 by 442Dale

This is possibly the best thing on YouTube, ever.

it's good but not sure why a team with a bright orange home kit would need to stretch to two change kits.
What would you like the Dale home kit to look like? on 07:16 - Apr 29 with 1990 views442Dale

What would you like the Dale home kit to look like? on 05:50 - Apr 29 by ColDale

it's good but not sure why a team with a bright orange home kit would need to stretch to two change kits.

True. Were we ever to stumble across someone involved in choosing kits at Bloomfield Road, it'd be worth asking why they have almost always had white away kits down the years.

What would you like the Dale home kit to look like? on 21:00 - Apr 29 with 1800 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Good bit of Market Research here/////

Presently saying that 4 out of 5 Fans prefer Stripes!

How can it be ignored?
What would you like the Dale home kit to look like? on 21:06 - Apr 29 with 1782 viewsBoss_Hog

Stumble you obviously have 442.

Blackpool have traditionally had white as an away kit as a direct reverse of the home kit. This, however, has changed somewhat in recent seasons as the club have changed stance a little with some gentle persuasion. Next seasons away kit is navy with tangerine trim although not released yet as no sponsorship deal has been finalised sadly.

The YouTube link above relates to the current kit when BFC flew a competition winner out to Italy to design the new kit. Again Errea influence as they are the manufacturer. Said winner designed six shirts I think and then fans voted on their favourite. The winning design is the black shirt highlighted on another thread with tang and white vertical central stripe.

To win the competition you were given a voucher to fill in when you bought a new shirt (season before so planned well ahead) All entries entered into a drum and winner picked at random at half time.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2015 21:11]
What would you like the Dale home kit to look like? on 21:12 - Apr 29 with 1768 viewsTVOS1907

What would you like the Dale home kit to look like? on 21:06 - Apr 29 by Boss_Hog

Blackpool have traditionally had white as an away kit as a direct reverse of the home kit. This, however, has changed somewhat in recent seasons as the club have changed stance a little with some gentle persuasion. Next seasons away kit is navy with tangerine trim although not released yet as no sponsorship deal has been finalised sadly.

The YouTube link above relates to the current kit when BFC flew a competition winner out to Italy to design the new kit. Again Errea influence as they are the manufacturer. Said winner designed six shirts I think and then fans voted on their favourite. The winning design is the black shirt highlighted on another thread with tang and white vertical central stripe.

To win the competition you were given a voucher to fill in when you bought a new shirt (season before so planned well ahead) All entries entered into a drum and winner picked at random at half time.

It was an excellent winner too.

I could just visualise Dale in something similar, but in blue with a vertical black & white stripe down the front.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

What would you like the Dale home kit to look like? on 21:14 - Apr 29 with 1769 views442Dale

What would you like the Dale home kit to look like? on 21:06 - Apr 29 by Boss_Hog

That's the one thing about the white away kits that does stand out - sticking to tradition and being a reverse of what the Seasiders wear at home. It was always like that, even back to the days of Dave Bamber and co. so sticking with it is admirable if somewhat limiting. Never been a massive fan of white away strips at clubs, but when they're done right they can be excellent, eg. the Blackpool one with a sash.

Login to get fewer ads

What would you like the Dale home kit to look like? on 10:33 - Apr 30 with 1676 viewszxcvbnm

Not trying to upset people but this poll has had 70ish votes out of 2000 plus supporters - and yes I know not all are forum members but it’s such a small percentage of supporters its irrelevant mathematically. Get 500/750/1000 votes and it might be relevant. Also there needs to be a - don’t care option because some fans will buy the shirt whatever it looks like.

Poll: Best loanee keeper

What would you like the Dale home kit to look like? on 10:59 - Apr 30 with 1668 viewsTVOS1907

What would you like the Dale home kit to look like? on 10:33 - Apr 30 by zxcvbnm

Not trying to upset people but this poll has had 70ish votes out of 2000 plus supporters - and yes I know not all are forum members but it’s such a small percentage of supporters its irrelevant mathematically. Get 500/750/1000 votes and it might be relevant. Also there needs to be a - don’t care option because some fans will buy the shirt whatever it looks like.

Yes, you're right, but in the absence of any other voting mechanism, it's all we can go off for now, so it isn't irrelevant at all.

Had the club done something similar, the results might have been completely different. As a statistician, I doubt it, but I don't have any evidence to actually prove otherwise.

Personally - and I made my views known to the club at the time - I would have returned to blue and white after the Centenary Year, but that's just my preference.

The club and the fans were keen to push this new 'blue & black identity' and the current season's strip, in my opinion, is the best one they have done under that colour scheme.

The 2013/14 shirt was poor, in my view, but the club will just point to the fact it was voted for by the fans, which it was. However, the three choices were very poor and someone came up with far better designs on here, which makes me wonder what those who work at Fila/JD were playing at.

I will still buy the home shirt, because I always do whether I like it or not, as I like to support the club financially as well as with the countless other hours I put in to produce TVOS.

But 12 months ago it was the club who made a big deal of the blue & black identity, something which the majority of fans appear to have bought into, and it would be good to hear the reasoning as to why it's now been ditched from the home kit.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2015 11:02]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

What would you like the Dale home kit to look like? on 16:05 - Apr 30 with 1598 viewsdancdale

What would you like the Dale home kit to look like? on 10:33 - Apr 30 by zxcvbnm

It isn't irrelevant mathematically, most polls are conducted on far lower sample size percentages. In this case, with the numbers you mention, you can be 95% confident that a full survey would deliver a result within 10% of the results of this poll.

That a large majority of fans would prefer blue/black stripes cannot credibly be doubted. A valid question of relevancy would be as to how relevant fan opinion is/should be to club decision making.
What would you like the Dale home kit to look like? on 18:03 - Apr 30 with 1548 views442Dale

Thanks to the admins for sticking this at the top of the board, it's had enough people vote now so feel free to remove the sticky marker thing.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024