Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hill to Blackburn? 12:28 - May 8 with 92390 viewsMoonyDale

This rumour just won't go away, just had a text from someone saying as much and the betting has Hilly at 5/1 second fave....Still think it's doubtful but you never know....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Hill to Blackburn? on 13:06 - May 10 with 4699 viewsupthedale

Hill to Blackburn? on 10:36 - May 10 by mingthemerciless

There are no decision makers in Blackburn anymore. They've all either left or been got rid of by the idiot owners in India. That's why they are in the mess they are in.
[Post edited 10 May 2016 10:39]

Apparently that's partly why Lambert left, because he was expected to be involved in everything rather than just as a manager. Would this suit Hill to an extent though? If he's given the funds to appoint his own people around him and essentially run the club without much involvement from the owners - not sure how much is available in terms of funds though.
Hill to Blackburn? on 13:12 - May 10 with 4648 viewsBigKindo

Hill to Blackburn? on 13:06 - May 10 by upthedale

Apparently that's partly why Lambert left, because he was expected to be involved in everything rather than just as a manager. Would this suit Hill to an extent though? If he's given the funds to appoint his own people around him and essentially run the club without much involvement from the owners - not sure how much is available in terms of funds though.

- £ 102,000,000-00
Hill to Blackburn? on 13:25 - May 10 with 4607 viewsupthedale

Hill to Blackburn? on 13:12 - May 10 by BigKindo

- £ 102,000,000-00

Haha I take your point, but we all know debts in football don't often stop spending!

Accounts don't make for happy reading though!
Hill to Blackburn? on 19:55 - May 10 with 4263 viewsmingthemerciless

Hill to Blackburn? on 13:25 - May 10 by upthedale

Haha I take your point, but we all know debts in football don't often stop spending!

Accounts don't make for happy reading though!

These new guys are prepared to put £60 million in if Venkies will do one. I don't think dosh will be a problem then.
Hill to Blackburn? on 20:10 - May 10 with 4203 viewsD_Alien

Hill to Blackburn? on 19:55 - May 10 by mingthemerciless

These new guys are prepared to put £60 million in if Venkies will do one. I don't think dosh will be a problem then.

Aye. Looks like this might drag on well into the summer:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36257733

That's all we need

[Post edited 10 May 2016 20:11]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hill to Blackburn? on 21:32 - May 10 with 4023 viewsYouTubeDale

It's turning into a game of chicken.

Keith will want to rule the roost if he gets it. If new owners buy it, then there'll be a clear pecking order and let's hope Keith falls foul.
[Post edited 10 May 2016 21:33]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Hill to Blackburn? on 22:57 - May 10 with 3882 viewsmingthemerciless

Hill to Blackburn? on 20:10 - May 10 by D_Alien

That's all we need

If Venkies previous history is anything to go by they'll probably make an appointment on the eve of the season.
Hill to Blackburn? on 23:12 - May 10 with 3854 viewsdingdangblue

Hill to Blackburn? on 19:55 - May 10 by mingthemerciless

If they are over £100 million in debt £60 million ain't gonna go far.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

Hill to Blackburn? on 23:18 - May 10 with 3840 viewsmingthemerciless

Hill to Blackburn? on 23:12 - May 10 by dingdangblue

If they are over £100 million in debt £60 million ain't gonna go far.

How I see it the £ 60 million is for future investment. The debt is to Venkies much as Bolton's debt was to Eddie Davies. I could be wrong but that's the jist of what I've read.
Hill to Blackburn? on 08:13 - May 11 with 3642 viewsdalestats

Hill to Blackburn? on 20:10 - May 10 by D_Alien

That's all we need

You sound as if it's hills job. Do you know something we don't? Hill is Rochdale manager this is just speculation.

Poll: Remain in the eu

Hill to Blackburn? on 08:58 - May 11 with 3582 viewsupthedale

Hill to Blackburn? on 23:18 - May 10 by mingthemerciless

How I see it the £ 60 million is for future investment. The debt is to Venkies much as Bolton's debt was to Eddie Davies. I could be wrong but that's the jist of what I've read.

I think you're right from what I've heard. Sounds like the Venkies want their money back (therefore won't be writing it off) but understand it won't be soon, and for now may just be happy to stop putting millions per year just to keep them afloat. There would be a deal that saw them eventually be paid back, presumably "when" promoted.

They've already had to write off some of their debt (£3m?) to keep within FFP.

Interestingly (depending on your interpretation of the word) I've also heard none of the debts are secured on the ground, but most debt is unsecured and some secured over some land in India. Must be very unusual in this kind of situation.
Hill to Blackburn? on 09:18 - May 11 with 3523 viewsdingdangblue

Hill to Blackburn? on 08:58 - May 11 by upthedale

I think you're right from what I've heard. Sounds like the Venkies want their money back (therefore won't be writing it off) but understand it won't be soon, and for now may just be happy to stop putting millions per year just to keep them afloat. There would be a deal that saw them eventually be paid back, presumably "when" promoted.

They've already had to write off some of their debt (£3m?) to keep within FFP.

Interestingly (depending on your interpretation of the word) I've also heard none of the debts are secured on the ground, but most debt is unsecured and some secured over some land in India. Must be very unusual in this kind of situation.

The Venky's are billionaires it seems. You would think that the only way they could possibly recoup their investment would be promotion to the Premier League - that would take more investment and backing the manager over 2-3 seasons - are they patient enough? If they just want Hill in as a cheap option to survive in the Championship he hasn't got a chance - he proved that at Barnsley when they sold/lost key players. At the end of the day its a massive club compared to Dale - I dont think he'd turn it down - safe in the knowledge he could come back to Dale again if things went wrong - or any number of league 1 or league 2 clubs.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Hill to Blackburn? on 09:44 - May 11 with 3473 viewsD_Alien

Hill to Blackburn? on 08:13 - May 11 by dalestats

You sound as if it's hills job. Do you know something we don't? Hill is Rochdale manager this is just speculation.

Ha! Good one, I'm impressed with that!

But for the benefit of anyone unable to read between lines, what I'm referring to as "dragging on" is the speculation, which will continue until the Blackburn job is filled, which could take some time given the corporate state of affairs at Blackburn

It won't be me dragging it on either - there's plenty of others on here who'll do so, plus the bookies

Hill to Blackburn? on 10:19 - May 11 with 3392 viewsdalestats

My point though is that this is just speculation, hill has been linked with numerous jobs and just because this one is lingering and someone's put a fiver on him to get the job it doesn't mean he will. The bookies get it wrong - poyet was 1/5 (five to one on) to be the forest manager and he's just appointed Real Betis manager. I'll take it seriously when a statement appears from Dale saying that hills been given permission to speak to Rovers. I hope and don't think it will happen.

Hill to Blackburn? on 10:22 - May 11 with 3380 viewsDaleiLama

Hill to Blackburn? on 10:19 - May 11 by dalestats

My point though is that this is just speculation, hill has been linked with numerous jobs and just because this one is lingering and someone's put a fiver on him to get the job it doesn't mean he will. The bookies get it wrong - poyet was 1/5 (five to one on) to be the forest manager and he's just appointed Real Betis manager. I'll take it seriously when a statement appears from Dale saying that hills been given permission to speak to Rovers. I hope and don't think it will happen.

Leicester were 5,000-1 to win the PL too

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Hill to Blackburn? on 10:26 - May 11 with 3364 viewsmingthemerciless

I çan't see it happening to be honest. Reading the Blackburn message board Hill wasn't popular there as a player, seems like he was a bit of a knob as a young bloke. Am I surprised to find this out ? Err, no. Not many people there seem to fancy him as a manager, seems like his achievements at Spotland have gone under the radar.

Like as said earlier I can't see him ending up there but I do think given the ridiculous turnover of managers in the Football League sooner or later he'll be off to a bigger club.
Hill to Blackburn? on 10:28 - May 11 with 3360 viewsD_Alien

Hill to Blackburn? on 10:19 - May 11 by dalestats

And it's a good point.

My post you initially replied to was made with the same sense of dismay.

Hill to Blackburn? on 12:51 - May 11 with 3129 viewsaleanddale

The club could issue a resounding statement from Hilly saying he will not be leaving for Blackburn this summer.

That would put this to bed?

hilly will go eventually.

Just think he still has unfinished business here as Dales undisputed greatest ever manager.
Hill to Blackburn? on 13:01 - May 11 with 3083 viewsdingdangblue

Hill to Blackburn? on 12:51 - May 11 by aleanddale

The club could issue a resounding statement from Hilly saying he will not be leaving for Blackburn this summer.

Just think he still has unfinished business here as Dales undisputed greatest ever manager.

I imagine Keith has more important things on his mind at the minute.

Hill to Blackburn? on 13:23 - May 11 with 3012 viewsupthedale

Not sure how much that would mean after the last time a statement was issued.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/keith-hill-n

It does all seem to be speculation at the moment, and it probably will drag on if the takeover does too. Dingdangblue make a good point also.
Hill to Blackburn? on 13:43 - May 11 with 2945 viewspioneer

Where does the 'undisputed' come from?

Jack Peart had us one point away from the second division in 1923-24 in a division where only the top team went up. Our record (from only 42 games) was Won 25 drew 12 lost 5. Our points total (62 under the then 2 points for a win, or 87 points under today's 3 points for a win) far exceeded the champions of Division Three south who were promoted to the second division.

We were runners up again a few seasons later and in third place as well.

If you care to learn about our history he is a bit more on Jack Peart

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Peart

Yes Hill has been a great manager for us but lets stop painting over history in an effort to deify Hill like some North Korean leader.

These are good times but they are not better than the 1920s
Hill to Blackburn? on 13:48 - May 11 with 2915 viewsdingdangblue

Hill to Blackburn? on 13:43 - May 11 by pioneer

Jack Peart had us one point away from the second division in 1923-24 in a division where only the top team went up. Our record (from only 42 games) was Won 25 drew 12 lost 5. Our points total (62 under the then 2 points for a win, or 87 points under today's 3 points for a win) far exceeded the champions of Division Three south who were promoted to the second division.

Yes Hill has been a great manager for us but lets stop painting over history in an effort to deify Hill like some North Korean leader.

What a load of tosh - 1920's football was rubbish.

Hill to Blackburn? on 13:49 - May 11 with 2914 viewsSuddenLad

Hill to Blackburn? on 13:43 - May 11 by pioneer

Keith Hill is the best manager we have had at Dale since the General Strike, the 'Black Tuesday' Wall Street Crash and the R101 Disaster.

Undisputed.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Hill to Blackburn? on 14:04 - May 11 with 2852 viewsdalestats

Wilder has turned down charlton to stay at Northampton.

Hill to Blackburn? on 14:16 - May 11 with 2820 viewsSuddenLad

Hill to Blackburn? on 14:04 - May 11 by dalestats

Wilder has turned down charlton to stay at Northampton.

He is also on the short list for Bolton job.....

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024