Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hill to Blackburn? 12:28 - May 8 with 92409 viewsMoonyDale

This rumour just won't go away, just had a text from someone saying as much and the betting has Hilly at 5/1 second fave....Still think it's doubtful but you never know....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Hill to Blackburn? on 13:41 - May 23 with 4024 viewslurker

Hill to Blackburn? on 13:09 - May 23 by macro

BLACKBURN WANT JOYCE

Blackburn Rovers approach Manchester United for permission to speak to under 21 manager Warren Joyce about the vacant managerial position at Ewood Park, according to Sky sources.

So must for the short list then

Bookies will be rubbing their hands with that appointment. Ching ching!
Hill to Blackburn? on 14:19 - May 23 with 3872 viewselectricblue

I wouldnt be surprised if Bolton where in for Hill.....
A few Bolton supporters i know wouldnt mind Hill as manager.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Hill to Blackburn? on 14:29 - May 23 with 3841 viewsdingdangblue

MK Dons manager Karl Robinson being heavily linked with the Leeds Utd job.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hill to Blackburn? on 14:42 - May 23 with 3785 viewsBigKindo

Hill to Blackburn? on 14:19 - May 23 by electricblue

Phil Brown now favourite for the Bolton job with the bookies at 2/1 Hilly still 33/1. Hilly now 12/1 for the Blackburn job bit Warnock still being touted as favourite.
Hill to Blackburn? on 14:46 - May 23 with 3763 viewsdalestats

Hill to Blackburn? on 14:19 - May 23 by electricblue

Hill interviewed on Dale player today

Poll: Remain in the eu

Hill to Blackburn? on 14:49 - May 23 with 3734 viewsBigKindo

Hill to Blackburn? on 14:46 - May 23 by dalestats

Hill interviewed on Dale player today

... and?
Hill to Blackburn? on 14:51 - May 23 with 3723 viewsdalestats

Hill to Blackburn? on 14:49 - May 23 by BigKindo

... and?

Just seen tweets, he talks about Eastham, Lancashire and Andrew. Haven't got Dale player so I wait for someone who has to fill in the gaps.

Hill to Blackburn? on 15:28 - May 23 with 3602 viewsleedsdale

Hill to Blackburn? on 14:51 - May 23 by dalestats

Just seen tweets, he talks about Eastham, Lancashire and Andrew. Haven't got Dale player so I wait for someone who has to fill in the gaps.

Predictably, Lancashire and Eastham were offered "far in excess of what we could offer in a month of Sunday's" with their respective deals, and says they were right to do so. No talk/questions asked around talks with any other players
Login to get fewer ads

Hill to Blackburn? on 15:48 - May 23 with 3520 viewsdingdangblue

Hill to Blackburn? on 15:28 - May 23 by leedsdale

Predictably, Lancashire and Eastham were offered "far in excess of what we could offer in a month of Sunday's" with their respective deals, and says they were right to do so. No talk/questions asked around talks with any other players

This is an old list of wage bills from our promotion season. Fleetwood's wage bill back then is 600k more than ours in our last accounts from league 1. Just shows what a battle Hill has got to get players to come to/stay at Dale.

1. Fleetwood Town £2.1m
2. Chesterfield £1.5m
= Southend United £1.5m
= Bristol Rovers £1.5m
5. Mansfield Town £1.4m
= Plymouth Argyle £1.4m
= Newport County £1.4m
8. Hartlepool United £1.3m
= Oxford United £1.3m
= Northampton Town £1.3m
= Portsmouth £1.3m
= Scunthorpe United £1.3m
= Wycombe Wanderers £1.3m
14. York City £1.25m
15. Cheltenham Town £1.2m
16. Burton Albion £1.1m
= Rochdale £1.1m
= Torquay United £1.1m
19. AFC Wimbledon £1.07m
20. Bury £900,000+
21. Dagenham and Redbridge £800,000
= Exeter City £800,000
= Morecambe £800,000
24.Accrington £500,000

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Hill to Blackburn? on 17:36 - May 23 with 3244 viewsboromat

I was hoping he would give his take on the Football League proposal of an additional league, shame. The interview was quite predictable with regards to Ash and Olly. He also says Hooper has the potential to break into the first team but has to learn lessons from this year.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Hill to Blackburn? on 18:41 - May 23 with 3057 viewsdalestats

Hill to Blackburn? on 14:29 - May 23 by dingdangblue

MK Dons manager Karl Robinson being heavily linked with the Leeds Utd job.

Robinson said no. Clarke from Bristol rovers now favourite

Hill to Blackburn? on 20:13 - May 23 with 2881 viewsD_Dale

Well, Mr Hill, thanks at least for being so insistently honest (below, commenting on Eastham and Lancashire moving on) about cash being king. I'm sure not everyone would agree, but it's now absolutely clear that if/when another club makes him an offer he won't take into account such things as how dubious the owner of it might be and whether he'd be sacked if promotion didn't come in the first season. It would just be a case of selling himself to the highest bidder.

“... it comes down to one line and that’s the bottom line, and rightly so. It comes down to finance, it comes down to cash and looking after your family. Cash is king in everybody’s world and Oliver Lancashire and Ashley Eastham have signed for far, far better substantial deals than we could ever offer in a month of Sunday’s. ... They’re right to accept that offer, because as much as they wanted to stay at the club, the money that they’ve been offered will support their families. You only get a small window of opportunity to earn as much money as you possible can in any walk of life, so, for me, they’ve made the right choice financially. ... they’ve thanked me for everything they’ve done and that we’ve done that put them in this position where they’re earning the type of money that they’re doing at their respective clubs.”
Hill to Blackburn? on 20:19 - May 23 with 2852 views1mark1

Hill to Blackburn? on 20:13 - May 23 by D_Dale

Well, Mr Hill, thanks at least for being so insistently honest (below, commenting on Eastham and Lancashire moving on) about cash being king. I'm sure not everyone would agree, but it's now absolutely clear that if/when another club makes him an offer he won't take into account such things as how dubious the owner of it might be and whether he'd be sacked if promotion didn't come in the first season. It would just be a case of selling himself to the highest bidder.

“... it comes down to one line and that’s the bottom line, and rightly so. It comes down to finance, it comes down to cash and looking after your family. Cash is king in everybody’s world and Oliver Lancashire and Ashley Eastham have signed for far, far better substantial deals than we could ever offer in a month of Sunday’s. ... They’re right to accept that offer, because as much as they wanted to stay at the club, the money that they’ve been offered will support their families. You only get a small window of opportunity to earn as much money as you possible can in any walk of life, so, for me, they’ve made the right choice financially. ... they’ve thanked me for everything they’ve done and that we’ve done that put them in this position where they’re earning the type of money that they’re doing at their respective clubs.”

Would he actually know, or be told how much of a deal they were offered?

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Hill to Blackburn? on 20:23 - May 23 with 2830 viewsSuddenLad

Hill to Blackburn? on 20:19 - May 23 by 1mark1

Would he actually know, or be told how much of a deal they were offered?

Almost certainly. There is little doubt that they will have been offered better financial deals. Stephen Dawson, Matt Done et. al.

The list is almost endless and they won't be the last.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Hill to Blackburn? on 20:27 - May 23 with 2810 views1mark1

Hill to Blackburn? on 20:23 - May 23 by SuddenLad

Almost certainly. There is little doubt that they will have been offered better financial deals. Stephen Dawson, Matt Done et. al.

The list is almost endless and they won't be the last.

I accept that they would have been offered better financial deals, but how would KH know what had been offered by Fleetwood and Shrewsbury? Would the two players have told him, or would he base it on how much they might have asked for to stay at Dale.

I also know that we can't compete and as such lose out to other clubs in wages paid.
[Post edited 23 May 2016 20:29]

Hill to Blackburn? on 20:31 - May 23 with 2782 viewsdalestats

Hill though is in a slightly different position having been paid well and off by Barnsley. I’d imagine he’s a little but more financially secure than either Lancashire or Eastham

Hill to Blackburn? on 20:33 - May 23 with 2770 viewsnordenblue

Hill to Blackburn? on 20:27 - May 23 by 1mark1

I accept that they would have been offered better financial deals, but how would KH know what had been offered by Fleetwood and Shrewsbury? Would the two players have told him, or would he base it on how much they might have asked for to stay at Dale.

I also know that we can't compete and as such lose out to other clubs in wages paid.

He will have access to both sides of the deal,a player he's worked with for so long you'd expect to have a level of honesty to put it to Hilly about the offer on the table too.
It also highlights the deals other clubs could offer for him as a manager and what influences decisions,regardless of owners,chairmen etc if he's offered silly money make no mistake he'll be off too.
Hill to Blackburn? on 20:40 - May 23 with 2730 views1mark1

Hill to Blackburn? on 20:33 - May 23 by nordenblue

He will have access to both sides of the deal,a player he's worked with for so long you'd expect to have a level of honesty to put it to Hilly about the offer on the table too.
It also highlights the deals other clubs could offer for him as a manager and what influences decisions,regardless of owners,chairmen etc if he's offered silly money make no mistake he'll be off too.

Ok, cheers for that.

Hill to Blackburn? on 21:00 - May 23 with 2674 viewsD_Dale

Hill to Blackburn? on 20:27 - May 23 by 1mark1

A mate of mine in GCHQ has sent me the following phone intercept.

"Is that Keith Hill? This is [name redacted], Ashley Eastham's agent."

"Oh, aye. I thought you might ring. What can I do for you?"

"Well, I've negotiated a very good offer from Fleetwood for Ashley, but he wants you to know that he'd be sorry to bid you goodbye, you've really brought his career on and he's found the dressing room atmosphere there really great, and -"

"Yeah, I get the point, but as I always say, cash is king. What offer would keep him here?"

"Well, as a basic wage Fleetwood are offering £1500 a week, plus £250 for each appearance in the coming season, and 20% more on both amounts for the season after. There are the usual add-ons for progress in cup matches and league position -"

"So the lad's looking at about 200 grand over the next two seasons?"

"That's about it."

"Right, Mr [redacted]. Give Ashley my best regards and if I don't get back to you in a couple of hours, assume we'll not be able to improve on that. Goodbye."

KH phones Steve Pressley at Fleetwood just to check that Eastham's agent hasn't exaggerated more than usual.
Hill to Blackburn? on 06:22 - May 24 with 2227 viewsTalkingSutty

Hill to Blackburn? on 20:31 - May 23 by dalestats

Hill though is in a slightly different position having been paid well and off by Barnsley. I’d imagine he’s a little but more financially secure than either Lancashire or Eastham

I was reading an article last week regarding the number of managers who have lost their jobs over the last couple of years and the figures are frightening. The majority are no longer in work.

When it comes to money Hilly doesn't need to gamble his career by moving to another Club, he can make himself very wealthy just by staying at Rochdale ( he probably already is wealthy compared to the average man on the street).

It's all very well thinking the grass is greener on the other side but with higher pay comes higher pressures and does he want that? He's got a good job at Rochdale and lets speculate he earns 3K/week ( It could be more),over a three year deal that's nearly half a million pounds which is very good money.

The best thing Hilly can do in the current climate of hiring and firing managers is to look at the big picture, drop anchor at Spotland and kick the arse out of the job for another few years. It might get a bit monotonous at times but he will have longevity and is guaranteeing his family a financially secure future. When you think of the money Hilly generates for the club pushing out the boat regarding his salary makes perfect sense because just like the L'Oreal ad,'He's worth it'.
[Post edited 24 May 2016 6:25]
Hill to Blackburn? on 08:36 - May 24 with 2051 viewsDaleiLama

Hill to Blackburn? on 06:22 - May 24 by TalkingSutty

I was reading an article last week regarding the number of managers who have lost their jobs over the last couple of years and the figures are frightening. The majority are no longer in work.

When it comes to money Hilly doesn't need to gamble his career by moving to another Club, he can make himself very wealthy just by staying at Rochdale ( he probably already is wealthy compared to the average man on the street).

It's all very well thinking the grass is greener on the other side but with higher pay comes higher pressures and does he want that? He's got a good job at Rochdale and lets speculate he earns 3K/week ( It could be more),over a three year deal that's nearly half a million pounds which is very good money.

The best thing Hilly can do in the current climate of hiring and firing managers is to look at the big picture, drop anchor at Spotland and kick the arse out of the job for another few years. It might get a bit monotonous at times but he will have longevity and is guaranteeing his family a financially secure future. When you think of the money Hilly generates for the club pushing out the boat regarding his salary makes perfect sense because just like the L'Oreal ad,'He's worth it'.
[Post edited 24 May 2016 6:25]

Even if Hilly makes going up to £0.5M in three years, he takes home about half that after HMRC has skimmed off its cut (still not a shabby amount). In addition to his basic salary, he may also get a share of transfer money too as others have claimed (I still think this is the wrong way to incentivise a manager, and a reward package shouldn't be based on depleting the squad even if we are a selling club - or should that be glass ceiling club)?

We have to hope that Dale offers the role and freedom that Keith wants and won't get elsewhere. He seems to be ambitious and is still young. Maybe he tries to get us to the next level before contemplating the next career move? Who knows? KH does and we'll all find out if he's staying for the next campaign soon enough.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Hill to Blackburn? on 09:03 - May 24 with 1990 viewsdingdangblue

Hill to Blackburn? on 08:36 - May 24 by DaleiLama

Even if Hilly makes going up to £0.5M in three years, he takes home about half that after HMRC has skimmed off its cut (still not a shabby amount). In addition to his basic salary, he may also get a share of transfer money too as others have claimed (I still think this is the wrong way to incentivise a manager, and a reward package shouldn't be based on depleting the squad even if we are a selling club - or should that be glass ceiling club)?

We have to hope that Dale offers the role and freedom that Keith wants and won't get elsewhere. He seems to be ambitious and is still young. Maybe he tries to get us to the next level before contemplating the next career move? Who knows? KH does and we'll all find out if he's staying for the next campaign soon enough.

I would agree it is the wrong way to incentivise a manager - as long as that manager isn't Keith Hill. He is quite unique at this level - and certainly for us he is irreplaceable - the success he has had spotting a player with potential and resurrecting their career. Most of the players we have sold and he has profited from (if the rumours are true) are all here because of him and his talent in developing and coaching - I have no problems whatsoever if is paid extra because of this.
[Post edited 24 May 2016 11:01]

Hill to Blackburn? on 10:12 - May 24 with 1917 viewsBrighouseDale

Hill to Blackburn? on 20:13 - May 23 by D_Dale

"You only get a small window of opportunity to earn as much money as you possible can in any walk of life, so, for me, they’ve made the right choice financially."

This is true of course for players who have a shelf life and will often be looking at a change of career by their mid to late thirties. Managers on the other hand can prolong their window of opportunity until they're in their sixties and seventies.

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

Hill to Blackburn? on 10:26 - May 24 with 1875 viewsDaleiLama

Hill to Blackburn? on 09:03 - May 24 by dingdangblue

I would agree it is the wrong way to incentivise a manager - as long as that manager isn't Keith Hill. He is quite unique at this level - and certainly for us he is irreplaceable - the success he has had spotting a player with potential and resurrecting their career. Most of the players we have sold and he has profited from (if the rumours are true) are all here because of him and his talent in developing and coaching - I have no problems whatsoever if is paid extra because of this.
[Post edited 24 May 2016 11:01]

An interesting conundrum. Do you limit or stop selling players on to try to get to the next level which would discourage other talent from coming in and using Dale as a stepping stone in their careers, or stick with the in/out turnstile approach of developing and selling talent to line the pockets of the club and manager.

In view of the ST pricing policy and ever-diminishing crowds, I suspect we've found the smoking gun and it will be business as usual. That begs the question is this model capable of generating another promotion? Spurs seem to be morphing from a selling club into one with ambition to get to the top. Can the two co-exist? Interesting to see how Keith reshapes his team this season and if he can keep making improvements within his normal budget and attrition constraints.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Hill to Blackburn? on 10:47 - May 24 with 1826 viewsdalestats

Hill to Blackburn? on 08:36 - May 24 by DaleiLama

Dario Gradi ran it this way for years at Crewe with great success.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024