Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pitch Inspection Due.. 10:18 - Feb 10 with 10417 viewsdale1968

At 10.30.

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Pitch Inspection Due.. on 10:59 - Feb 10 with 1767 viewsRAFC_1990

We quite clearly need to rip that pitch up right now and re lay it.

Poll: Halifax or Chorley? If any which game are you going?

Pitch Inspection Due.. on 10:59 - Feb 10 with 1769 viewsColDale

Pitch Inspection Due.. on 10:51 - Feb 10 by Dalenet

Better be on. I have travelled again from Newcastle because they said no pitch inspection needed.

To state there was no pitch inspection needed was unbelievable. Rain was forecast and there's not a referee in the land who wouldn't have wanted a pitch inspection given everything that has been in the media this week. Even if they were very hopeful / confident, at the least they should have said that there was a precursory pitch inspection planned. Whilst there will be exceptions like yourself, for a Dale v Fleetwood game, a planned 10-30am pitch inspection would have had little impact on the final attendance as 90% of the fans would not have set off by then.
Pitch Inspection Due.. on 11:00 - Feb 10 with 1753 viewsSuddenLad

Pitch Inspection Due.. on 10:57 - Feb 10 by DaleiLama

At least one person said they saw it uncovered yesterday? If it's off due to rain and it wasn't covered that sounds like negligence to me?

Depends largely what 'advice' the club were given by the professionals and whether they followed it. If this farce continues, the club will rightly be fined by the FA for this fiasco.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Pitch Inspection Due.. on 11:00 - Feb 10 with 1719 views442Dale

Pitch Inspection Due.. on 10:57 - Feb 10 by funkkk

I’ve a horrible feeling that this pitch will relegate us.

No, it’ll help us apparently.

It’s been mentioned already, but can the Trust please ask the club to release a statement detailing what the plan is for the rest of the campaign.

This may not be needed if there’s something coming out today, but could an enquiry be made anyway please.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Pitch Inspection Due.. on 11:01 - Feb 10 with 1688 views442Dale

Pitch Inspection Due.. on 10:59 - Feb 10 by ColDale

To state there was no pitch inspection needed was unbelievable. Rain was forecast and there's not a referee in the land who wouldn't have wanted a pitch inspection given everything that has been in the media this week. Even if they were very hopeful / confident, at the least they should have said that there was a precursory pitch inspection planned. Whilst there will be exceptions like yourself, for a Dale v Fleetwood game, a planned 10-30am pitch inspection would have had little impact on the final attendance as 90% of the fans would not have set off by then.

Spot on.

It’s staggering.

Pitch Inspection Due.. on 11:02 - Feb 10 with 1667 views100notout

Pitch Inspection Due.. on 10:56 - Feb 10 by ColDale

I mean it went back to the people we hired it from, not it went back on the pitch

Jesus Christ. Have these people got an ounce of common sense? I know there would be a cost but look at the wider picture ffs

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Pitch Inspection Due.. on 11:03 - Feb 10 with 1625 viewsdavidab2202

Having had a look at weather forecast for the coming week and without some drastic action with regard to the pitch,the chance of the Spurs game being on appear to be less than nil.
Think that the chance of the game being switched to either a neutral venue or Wembley are increasing dramatically
Pitch Inspection Due.. on 11:04 - Feb 10 with 1591 viewsTTNYear

When I was buying my Spurs ticket on Friday there was some official bod (a referee type looking bloke), on the phone and he was loudly claiming that the pitch was actually too dry and could do with a bit of water overnight. He’s obviously never been to the Cote du Spotland!

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Login to get fewer ads

Pitch Inspection Due.. on 11:04 - Feb 10 with 1591 viewsDaley_Lama

Oh dear.

It it too late for the Sunday Tabloids to do a 6 pager on how we are going to ruin Englands WC and Harry Kane’s move to Real Madrid in the summer.

6 pages will be nowt compared to where this thread will go, i’m adopting radio silence and will check back in next week some time.

Poll: DF in or out

Pitch Inspection Due.. on 11:05 - Feb 10 with 1570 viewsaleanddale

Now I don't know who!! But when I picked my spurs tickets up yesterday there was a huge racket coming from behind the wall and I was told it was staff playing cricket!!

I actually commented to the office IF it was ground staff they would be better off working on or covering the pitch as the forecast was bad for Saturday morning!

Now it could have been hilly bowling to Hendo for all I know but still it smacked of unprofessional in my eyes.

Could quite easily hear the shrieking and thwack of balls hitting walls.
Pitch Inspection Due.. on 11:06 - Feb 10 with 1529 viewsDaleiLama

Pitch Inspection Due.. on 10:31 - Feb 10 by 442Dale

As mentioned previously, if having this pitch as it is creates doubt over every game when there’s rain in the lead up to kick off, the argument that we should leave it for Spurs rather than sort it for the whole season becomes somewhat irrelevant.

I am no pitch expert but I do have a garden. Anyone could see this weather coming. I would have thought the only way to keep the old pitch would have been in conjunction with a cover. I would imagine most primary school kids would come to the same conclusion. What the papers and Spurs will make of this beggars belief!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Pitch Inspection Due.. on 11:06 - Feb 10 with 1525 viewsSuddenLad

Pitch Inspection Due.. on 11:05 - Feb 10 by aleanddale

Now I don't know who!! But when I picked my spurs tickets up yesterday there was a huge racket coming from behind the wall and I was told it was staff playing cricket!!

I actually commented to the office IF it was ground staff they would be better off working on or covering the pitch as the forecast was bad for Saturday morning!

Now it could have been hilly bowling to Hendo for all I know but still it smacked of unprofessional in my eyes.

Could quite easily hear the shrieking and thwack of balls hitting walls.

Somebody's should 😉

Pitch Inspection Due.. on 11:07 - Feb 10 with 1495 viewsDaleFan7

Telling us there's no worries over the pitch 24 hours ago when they knew the amount of rain due to fall, people saying the pitch wasn't covered yesterday, showing no intent to provide a pitch suitable of playing professional football from now til the end of the season.

Drill and Fill was fine to get the Millwall game on but did they forget about the other 11 (now 12 with Spurs) games that we had to play on it plus Hornets full league and cup fixture lists. What did they expect to happen when we had more rain or were they gambling on no rainfall in Rochdale for the next 3 months?

It's pathetic and even though people have come out to defend the club and the pitch this now, 24 hours later makes them look stupid. If I was the BBC and the FA I'd be doing everything I could to get next Sunday's game moved away from Spotland.
Pitch Inspection Due.. on 11:08 - Feb 10 with 1462 viewsSandyman

Every weather forecast going said that there would be rain in the area all day today. Given the controversy around the COA pitch this week, it beggars belief that some sort of protection for the pitch wasn't provided, and that the club could Tweet "There are currently no concerns over the pitch for tomorrow’s League One fixture v Fleetwood Town. There is no pitch inspection planned and it is very much game on."

Surely we could afford to keep hold of the covers for a few more days given our recent FA cup earnings? Very very poor and unprofessional by RAFC .
Pitch Inspection Due.. on 11:09 - Feb 10 with 1425 viewsfunkkk

Pitch Inspection Due.. on 11:06 - Feb 10 by SuddenLad

Somebody's should 😉

Think the club needs to come out and tell us exactly how they are going to get the game on next week.
Pitch Inspection Due.. on 11:10 - Feb 10 with 1407 viewsmeeee

All someone has to do is spit on the pitch and it's waterlogged for the next few days. Was looking forward to this game today, gutted it's been called off
Pitch Inspection Due.. on 11:10 - Feb 10 with 1399 viewsDaleFan7

Pitch Inspection Due.. on 11:09 - Feb 10 by funkkk

Think the club needs to come out and tell us exactly how they are going to get the game on next week.

We all know that's not going to happen. We're probably the worst club in the top 15 divisions of the football pyramid at communications.
Pitch Inspection Due.. on 11:13 - Feb 10 with 1335 views1907

It’s all well and good praising the ground staff for sleeping in the dressing rooms to get the Millwall game on, but I’m not being funny these are the people that have created the mess of a pitch we have! Yes the weathers bad, but how on earth can our pitch have deteriorated way beyond that of non league clubs in the area? Why have those covers gone back? Why do our covers do absolutely nothing to prevent waterlogging? This is now beyond a disgrace and if you’re asking me there needs to be an absolute clear out of the entire ground staff. If this was any of us in our workplace I very much doubt we’d be keeping our jobs after failing time and time again.
Pitch Inspection Due.. on 11:14 - Feb 10 with 1300 viewsDaleiLama

Pitch Inspection Due.. on 11:10 - Feb 10 by DaleFan7

We all know that's not going to happen. We're probably the worst club in the top 15 divisions of the football pyramid at communications.

I suspect the air raid shelter is packed and no one will be coming up for air until the flak has died down. As usual.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Pitch Inspection Due.. on 11:16 - Feb 10 with 1259 viewsSuggers

Does anyone know if the rain covers are actually at the stadium?
Pitch Inspection Due.. on 11:17 - Feb 10 with 1251 viewsrochdaleriddler

Pitch Inspection Due.. on 11:13 - Feb 10 by 1907

It’s all well and good praising the ground staff for sleeping in the dressing rooms to get the Millwall game on, but I’m not being funny these are the people that have created the mess of a pitch we have! Yes the weathers bad, but how on earth can our pitch have deteriorated way beyond that of non league clubs in the area? Why have those covers gone back? Why do our covers do absolutely nothing to prevent waterlogging? This is now beyond a disgrace and if you’re asking me there needs to be an absolute clear out of the entire ground staff. If this was any of us in our workplace I very much doubt we’d be keeping our jobs after failing time and time again.

Think the buck for this stops at CEO level

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Pitch Inspection Due.. on 11:19 - Feb 10 with 1208 viewsdingdangblue

Pitch Inspection Due.. on 11:00 - Feb 10 by 442Dale

No, it’ll help us apparently.

It’s been mentioned already, but can the Trust please ask the club to release a statement detailing what the plan is for the rest of the campaign.

This may not be needed if there’s something coming out today, but could an enquiry be made anyway please.

Tuesdays game wouldn't have happened without the inflatable covers - the current pitch in the state it's in needs them - even you can surely work that out. So the club had 2 choices - keep the rubbish pitch covered or get a new pitch - it seems they were too thick to work that out - plus I thought we were getting top advice and help from pitch experts ? The club have seriously messed this up beyond belief.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Pitch Inspection Due.. on 11:21 - Feb 10 with 1167 views442Dale

Pitch Inspection Due.. on 11:19 - Feb 10 by dingdangblue

Tuesdays game wouldn't have happened without the inflatable covers - the current pitch in the state it's in needs them - even you can surely work that out. So the club had 2 choices - keep the rubbish pitch covered or get a new pitch - it seems they were too thick to work that out - plus I thought we were getting top advice and help from pitch experts ? The club have seriously messed this up beyond belief.

I know exactly how this game would have been on. Therein lies my point.

Pitch Inspection Due.. on 11:23 - Feb 10 with 1118 viewsSuddenLad

Pitch Inspection Due.. on 11:16 - Feb 10 by Suggers

Does anyone know if the rain covers are actually at the stadium?

Someone suggested we loaned them to Accrington Stanley.................surely not.

Pitch Inspection Due.. on 11:24 - Feb 10 with 1090 viewsSandyman

Pitch Inspection Due.. on 11:23 - Feb 10 by SuddenLad

Someone suggested we loaned them to Accrington Stanley.................surely not.

We loaned the frost covers to Accy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024