Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club Statement 09:00 - Jul 7 with 24073 viewsSuddenLad

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/july/club-statement_07.07.21/

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Club Statement on 12:39 - Jul 7 with 2882 viewsSandyman

View from the rollercoaster, Wednesday afternoon.

"We are where we are" as the saying goes.

The club is rid of Bottomley - that is one of the best things we could have wished for. Worst appointment ever. The finger of shame will point to those who called themselves "custodians of the club" and sold out - A Kilpatrick, Bottomley, Rawlinson.

I trust the new directors and the Supporters Trust. They have made their initial views known promptly and it reads like the new owner / investor will make himself known once he's got the green light from the EFL.

The new owner might get fed up in 12 months and sell up to who knows who. Hopefully he will become a fan and an valuable asset. We simply do not know. Many other clubs have been taken over by new owners - some regularly, some bad, some brilliant. This is all new for us at Rochdale. Onwards to the next episode because this one is going to run and run.

Time to buckle down and prepare for next season.

As ever, Up The Dale.
Club Statement on 12:47 - Jul 7 with 2815 viewsYouTubeDale

Club Statement on 12:32 - Jul 7 by RooleyMoorBlue

If this person has acquired 40% of the shareholding from zero, they have bought more than 250,000 shares in the last month. Who would sell? I believe whoever it is was an existing shareholder, as I don't see that many being available. I have a feeling we'll all be pleasantly surprised when all becomes clear. Bottomley and Rawlinson only held 5% between them, that leaves another 35% to be obtained from people willing to sell. A minimum of £0.5m would need to have been spent to secure a majority shareholding in a club worth less than £5m. To me if anything dodgy was afoot then it could only involve someone not very good at mathematics.

The shares were obtained from existing shareholders because no new shares have been issued. But who has let them go, and why???

This club looks like it is being bought on the cheap, but IF that is to a new owner we like, then here's to a new beginning!!!

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Club Statement on 12:49 - Jul 7 with 2800 viewsSuddenLad

But none of that money you mention will end up in club coffers, only in the pockets of those who have been persuaded to sell.

The Board really have no option but to engage with him/them,because as a 40% shareholder he/they carry some serious clout.

I have 100% faith in this current Chairman that he will guide the club in the right direction and that he and his many able advisers will carefully consider each move and assess everything on its' own merits.

Like may others, personally, I am asking 'Why pick Rochdale?' because we have been here a long time, so what is the trigger for the interest now?

We can only hope that the investor concerned really does have the interest of OUR club at heart and that we can all look forward to a brighter, more secure future.

If there's anything unsavoury revealed during the due diligence procedures, then we should expect that things will be halted.

We have to wait and see and trust the Board and the Trust.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Club Statement on 13:06 - Jul 7 with 2636 viewsDaleiLama

Club Statement on 12:49 - Jul 7 by SuddenLad

But none of that money you mention will end up in club coffers, only in the pockets of those who have been persuaded to sell.

The Board really have no option but to engage with him/them,because as a 40% shareholder he/they carry some serious clout.

I have 100% faith in this current Chairman that he will guide the club in the right direction and that he and his many able advisers will carefully consider each move and assess everything on its' own merits.

Like may others, personally, I am asking 'Why pick Rochdale?' because we have been here a long time, so what is the trigger for the interest now?

We can only hope that the investor concerned really does have the interest of OUR club at heart and that we can all look forward to a brighter, more secure future.

If there's anything unsavoury revealed during the due diligence procedures, then we should expect that things will be halted.

We have to wait and see and trust the Board and the Trust.

If Kilpatrick and the analytics folk all let their holdings go, that's 37%. No-one has (yet) said what Andrew Kelly decided. As you rightly point out though, you can't ignore a 40% shareholder who wants a say in the running of the club!

No one in their right mind would try to impugn the current board or Trust, when they have shown their true colours when it mattered by leading a valiant fight against the odious resolutions of "that" AGM/EGM. They are all in a position of having to play ball (for now) until circumstances change.

As you rightly point out, we are now faced with a waiting game. I also guess that anything the previous board decided will have to be ratified by the new board once the EFL passes the new Directors. At which point all previous bets are off. Then we can only judge on merit. Meanwhile the spotlight of scrutiny will continue to shine brightly.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Club Statement on 13:26 - Jul 7 with 2494 viewsDale_Mike

Club Statement on 12:19 - Jul 7 by 49thseason

There are perfectly good, well meaning directors pumping money into football clubs all over the country. Our neighbours Oldham are £3m in debt, losing more every week and being kept afloat by money from their main investor.
By comparison, Rochdale is relatively debt free and not a basket case, consequently a better place to invest money which in turn should attract better investors the only mistake I see in the real world of business is the way the current " investors" have set about buying their shares, but they were encouraged to do so by previous directors. Even so, if they are genuine football fans and have money to burn, they may well be the fit and proper people we actually do need.
We are right to be highly suspicious and the last few weeks have been an excellent lesson for many of us in football economics and the governance of our club. In so many ways we are in a better place than at the end of May. What we also know is that money is very tight and the squad is currently threadbare in terms of defenders and numbers.
The club needs to move forwards, to do that it needs more investment, unless there is a lottery winner in our ranks on Friday, its hard to see the future with optimism without some money right now.
If the new board can navigate a deal that secures the future of the club and brings in the money required they will have carried out their duty as Directors and we can all get back to watching instead of worrying.
My fingers are crossed and I trust the new board ... until I don't!

An interesting take on the situation at Oldham. Their owner is hated by the latics fans I know, they feel the club has been run abysmally under his tenure and the only reason they can see for his continued involvement is money laundering.

Didn’t we have a Swindon fan on here recently warning if this is anything to do with the Curran who has been involved at their place then we shouldn’t believe a word they say?

I suppose we all need more information.
Club Statement on 13:37 - Jul 7 with 2410 viewsDorkingDale

Club Statement on 10:40 - Jul 7 by R17ALE

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2021/07/trust-meets-with-investor/

Statement from the Trust.

Eases initial fears, but doesn't say "Why Rochdale?"

So what exactly is in it for this unknown investor then?! Sounds like he's got all the patter ATM, but give it a few months.....
Club Statement on 13:38 - Jul 7 with 2404 viewsMAK

Might be nowt but here's a bit of info from my trip to the ticket office yesterday afternoon to buy a new season card. Whilst getting out of the car to cross the car park a black Rolls Royce Cullinan came in the main gate at a fair speed and drove to the office entrance. Usually in that situation the car would let me the pedestrian cross in front. Not in this case. This driver didn't want to know. Anyhow, this made me clock the reg of the car, a very short 4 digit reg ending in AC. The driver and his passenger both came in to the foyer and were shown upstairs for a meeting with Simon (Gauge I assume). Make of this what you will but those letters on the reg seem to tie in with the initials of a name I've seen mentioned on this forum.
Club Statement on 13:39 - Jul 7 with 2389 viewsDorkingDale

Club Statement on 10:45 - Jul 7 by RooleyMoorBlue

I don't see a problem with anything that has happened so far. The chairman has spoken to potential investors and that is all. As promised the chairman has informed the supporters of this. What more can he do? We don't even know who these potential investors are, yet some are refusing to buy SC's or anything from the club shop. Nothing will be agreed without thorough investigation, so until that time, everyone needs to calm down and stop imagining the worst possible scenarios.

We know that he has already got his hands on 40% of shares in the club. I find that extremely worrying. What exactly is his motive?
Login to get fewer ads

Club Statement on 13:44 - Jul 7 with 2324 viewsJames1980

Club Statement on 13:39 - Jul 7 by DorkingDale

We know that he has already got his hands on 40% of shares in the club. I find that extremely worrying. What exactly is his motive?

Do they think Rochdale AFC is potentially a sleeping giant.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Club Statement on 13:47 - Jul 7 with 2295 viewsjoecooke

Club Statement on 13:44 - Jul 7 by James1980

Do they think Rochdale AFC is potentially a sleeping giant.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Club Statement on 13:48 - Jul 7 with 2289 viewsDorkingDale

Club Statement on 11:45 - Jul 7 by Knowlesy

I understand a healthy dose of scepticism is required, but some people on here have been downright hostile. I for one am happy to trust the new board who all do seem to have the club's best interests at heart, especially when we don't have all the information. This isn't me 'enjoying the ride', but simply if we do want people to invest money into the club then we need to have some element of trust that the people at the club have done their research. The board seems happy for now, the Trust seems happy for now, can we not get onside and move forward together? I trust the Trust's viewpoint from the meeting that has occurred.

This is an attempted hostile take over. Otherwise why have they been contacting share holders directly before meeting the board? I'm just thankful that they haven't managed to achieve a majority shareholding as yet.
Club Statement on 13:51 - Jul 7 with 2269 viewsDorkingDale

Club Statement on 11:48 - Jul 7 by Hopwoodblue

Let’s not judge before we know who it is. It maybe someone we all know and trust.
We have to believe the new board would not be reckless with our club.
Lets worry when we need to not before.
If the trust are involved surely they would not put a statement like that out if they had doubts ?

The new board have no choice but to engage with someone who owns 40% of the club. Let's just hope he doesn't manage to get a majority shareholding.
Club Statement on 13:52 - Jul 7 with 2265 views442Dale

Comparing communications from the club to shareholders, similarly those from the Trust and the alarm of individuals on here at the end of last week/the weekend to now illustrates quite a difference.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2021 13:54]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Club Statement on 13:52 - Jul 7 with 2266 viewspioneer

Trust statement refers to a meeting with one of the investors. Even if they were given answers that this investor thought would please the trust/fans, there are other investors yet to shoe their cards.

But would we expect a prospective investor to say anything other than what would look good to the supporters.

Has the investor ever shown an interest in Rochdale AFC previously....has he ever been to Spotland before? does he know who our record goalscorer is? That might tell us more about his motives than mealy mouthed responses of the “ill tell you what you want to hear” type.
Club Statement on 13:53 - Jul 7 with 2256 viewsDale_Mike

Club Statement on 13:39 - Jul 7 by DorkingDale

Very worrying. If you already had 40% but needed / wanted 51% then you would definitely make sure you were making all the right noises to the current board / chairman & supporters trust.

The warning from Swindon was stark to say the least (Assuming it's the same Curran but why the secrecy?)
Club Statement on 14:08 - Jul 7 with 2126 viewsjacko_dale

We'd have had to have been a giant in the first place, James.
Club Statement on 14:08 - Jul 7 with 2125 viewsQuigley_dale

Club Statement on 13:53 - Jul 7 by Dale_Mike

Very worrying. If you already had 40% but needed / wanted 51% then you would definitely make sure you were making all the right noises to the current board / chairman & supporters trust.

The warning from Swindon was stark to say the least (Assuming it's the same Curran but why the secrecy?)

Some developments on the Swindon situation in the last hour.

https://truststfc.tv/truststfc-press-release-update-on-transition-of-ownership-o
Club Statement on 14:32 - Jul 7 with 1973 viewsJames1980

Club Statement on 14:08 - Jul 7 by jacko_dale

We'd have had to have been a giant in the first place, James.

How about a potential embryonic giant?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Club Statement on 14:34 - Jul 7 with 1961 views49thseason

Club Statement on 13:26 - Jul 7 by Dale_Mike

An interesting take on the situation at Oldham. Their owner is hated by the latics fans I know, they feel the club has been run abysmally under his tenure and the only reason they can see for his continued involvement is money laundering.

Didn’t we have a Swindon fan on here recently warning if this is anything to do with the Curran who has been involved at their place then we shouldn’t believe a word they say?

I suppose we all need more information.

Money laundering generally involves putting dirty money in and taking clean(er) money out. If the club is running at a loss taking money out is fairly difficult I would have thought, especially when there isnt any cash floating around and there are lots of people looking over your shoulder and at the accounts. Its more likely he is hoping for Man Utd away in round 3 of the FA cup to pay back his loans.
Club Statement on 15:26 - Jul 7 with 1690 viewsNewbury_Dale

The fact that he is friendly with Lee Power gives me all I need to make a decision on Curran. The beginning of the end for this great football club, sadly.
Club Statement on 15:33 - Jul 7 with 1646 viewsSI_Blue

Let's hope somebody has a Sacred Heart or not!

Backs Against The Wall Since 1907

Club Statement on 15:35 - Jul 7 with 1631 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Club Statement on 12:21 - Jul 7 by YouTubeDale

I am guessing the new investor would want at least 51% ownership after new shares are issued and welcome new funds from others, especially fans. Therefore, I am guessing 40% isn't enough and he/they will be chasing more.

40% is a sizeable chunk though,....how the hell did he/she get hold of them, and from who?
Club Statement on 15:43 - Jul 7 with 1576 viewsNewbury_Dale

Club Statement on 15:35 - Jul 7 by Yorkshire_Dale

40% is a sizeable chunk though,....how the hell did he/she get hold of them, and from who?

Bottomley and the Americans.
Club Statement (n/t) on 15:44 - Jul 7 with 1566 viewsSI_Blue

[Post edited 7 Jul 2021 15:45]

Backs Against The Wall Since 1907

Club Statement on 15:44 - Jul 7 with 1560 viewsDorkingDale

Club Statement on 15:35 - Jul 7 by Yorkshire_Dale

Kilpatrick, the Yanks, plus either Bottomley or Rawlinson would add up to approx 40% I think. On that basis, Andrew Kelly is still holding out. We just need to raise enough cash to stop that happening!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024