Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club Statement 09:00 - Jul 7 with 24071 viewsSuddenLad

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/july/club-statement_07.07.21/

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Club Statement on 15:45 - Jul 7 with 4197 viewsThreeLions

Club Statement on 15:43 - Jul 7 by Newbury_Dale

Bottomley and the Americans.

Bottomley, Americans, Andrew Kilpatrick and rawlinson
Club Statement on 15:46 - Jul 7 with 4191 viewsSI_Blue

Club Statement on 15:43 - Jul 7 by Newbury_Dale

Bottomley and the Americans.

Well some of them came from our very own fans, so who sold out?

Backs Against The Wall Since 1907

Club Statement on 15:49 - Jul 7 with 4152 viewsJames1980

How much was paid per share

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Club Statement on 15:57 - Jul 7 with 4081 viewsboromat

I think there's a lot to be said that the so called 'investors' have gone down the private purchase route. None of that money has gone into the club. They still want to remain unknown and don't want to speak to fans or shareholders until it's basically a done deal.

I can see what the next move is. It's basically the plan they had all along. Sweet talk the shareholders into releasing shares so that they can purchase more shares in order to invest in the club....giving them majority control. They can then do what they like.

Seems we've just made them go the long way around.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Club Statement on 16:06 - Jul 7 with 4031 viewsSI_Blue

Club Statement on 15:49 - Jul 7 by James1980

How much was paid per share

A pound?

Backs Against The Wall Since 1907

Club Statement on 16:11 - Jul 7 with 3985 viewsfinberty

Club Statement on 15:57 - Jul 7 by boromat

I think there's a lot to be said that the so called 'investors' have gone down the private purchase route. None of that money has gone into the club. They still want to remain unknown and don't want to speak to fans or shareholders until it's basically a done deal.

I can see what the next move is. It's basically the plan they had all along. Sweet talk the shareholders into releasing shares so that they can purchase more shares in order to invest in the club....giving them majority control. They can then do what they like.

Seems we've just made them go the long way around.

The next move might be that the EFL deem the person concerned not to meet their exacting requirements.
Club Statement on 16:15 - Jul 7 with 3937 viewsboromat

Club Statement on 16:11 - Jul 7 by finberty

The next move might be that the EFL deem the person concerned not to meet their exacting requirements.

We hope.

Club Statement on 16:16 - Jul 7 with 3931 views442Dale

Is the way shareholders’contact information was obtained no longer an issue?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Club Statement on 16:19 - Jul 7 with 3909 viewsJames1980

Club Statement on 16:06 - Jul 7 by SI_Blue

A pound?

An absolute bargain if they did

Club Statement on 16:22 - Jul 7 with 3891 viewsfinberty

Club Statement on 16:16 - Jul 7 by 442Dale

Is the way shareholders’contact information was obtained no longer an issue?

It is still an issue, but a separate one from the individual financial transactions that have arisen as a result. Once the knowledge of an interested buyer is put before the shareholder, it cannot be 'unknown'.

Sanctions against the employee(s) or the former director(s), as appropriate, is a separate matter, the result of which will not benefit the club by one penny. It might muck their professional lives up by some distance, with luck.
Club Statement on 16:32 - Jul 7 with 3824 viewsDaley_Lama

Club Statement on 16:22 - Jul 7 by finberty

It is still an issue, but a separate one from the individual financial transactions that have arisen as a result. Once the knowledge of an interested buyer is put before the shareholder, it cannot be 'unknown'.

Sanctions against the employee(s) or the former director(s), as appropriate, is a separate matter, the result of which will not benefit the club by one penny. It might muck their professional lives up by some distance, with luck.

FFS

If this turns out to be chums of Stewie Day - at least we might get some new sofas in reception.

Useful for poor souls who have to wait in line while i buy my annual batch of kids ST’s - it’s always a painful process.

Poll: DF in or out

Club Statement on 16:55 - Jul 7 with 3693 viewsDale_Mike

Club Statement on 14:34 - Jul 7 by 49thseason

Money laundering generally involves putting dirty money in and taking clean(er) money out. If the club is running at a loss taking money out is fairly difficult I would have thought, especially when there isnt any cash floating around and there are lots of people looking over your shoulder and at the accounts. Its more likely he is hoping for Man Utd away in round 3 of the FA cup to pay back his loans.

I am sure you are right although it doesn’t sound like there is much to look at accounts wise. What’s available is misleading at best according to this at least.

https://www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk/sport/latics/19412976.amp/?__twitter_impression

I don’t know much about the ins and outs but he was a football agent & many of the players they recruit seem to come from his contacts abroad including a lot of ropey signings.

No doubt the laundering comment is well off the mark but I wouldn’t be using him as an example of a perfectly good and well-meaning owner either.
Club Statement on 17:08 - Jul 7 with 3595 viewsNewbury_Dale

Hopefully the manager can be appointed ASAP by the current board, so these shysters cannot get McGreal installed.
Club Statement on 17:17 - Jul 7 with 3551 viewsBrierls

The statements from both the Chairman and Trust are positive, but like many others I'm still left asking "Why Rochdale?".

I'd still like the Club, Trust & existing shareholders to move heaven and earth to try and prevent a >50% shareholding to any individual/pair/group that have no affiliation to Dale.

I wouldn't be disappointed with a McGreal appointment, and for me Humphrys was gone this summer as soon as he performed last season and we didn't extend his deal (relegation/no relegation, BBM/no BBM). It seems weird saying it, but the managerial appointment and the inevitable sale of a player aren't things I'm concerned about at the moment.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2021 17:22]
Club Statement on 17:24 - Jul 7 with 3507 viewsinthenet

Just about to get a season card ... thank God i heard the news today ....No chance !

Rastrickblue

Club Statement on 17:42 - Jul 7 with 3393 viewsTomRAFC

A deal involving people close to Power at Swindon, facilitated through Jarvis and Bottomley? It sounds about as rotten as can be.

It's good they don't have 50%+ at the moment. Mr Kelly's statement that his shares are not for sale still rings true.

Talk of clearing debts, letting the board handle things, and an improved transfer budget is all very appealing. It's also what every other shifty new investor has said at every club ever. We need to get a few more Dale based members on the board ASAP to dilute their presence, should their 2 new directors come to fruition.

Hopefully it falls through/they get the bug/become disinterested etc.

I'm not interested in the "wait and see" naivety that has screwed so many clubs over. Being prepared does us no harm. We can't forcibly stop any legal transfer of shares but there are things we can do.

1: Secure any shares that could otherwise go to them. The list of shareholders has shares floating all over the place that they may look to hoover up. They'll happily pay over the odds for that final few percent.

2: Prepare all shareholders for the possible need to try and win a majority at an EGM. Any abstentions/voters not present could lead to losing the vote.

3: Ask for written confirmation that the stadium will not transfer into their ownership, that they will not transfer debt into the club, and that the fanbase will always have the first option to buy their shares before any external investor. Refusal of any of these is a huge red flag.

4: Liaise with every fan group in the land that has faced a similar issue. We need any tactical tips we can get.

This is our club.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Club Statement on 18:41 - Jul 7 with 3108 viewsJames1980

Why is the statement coming from the club a fairly positive one. Surely alarm bells ringing amongst fans should be sending them blaring through the offices of The COA/Spotland.
I would like to think the new board of directors would be equally concerned in the event they believed this deal is going to put the long term future of the club in jeopardy and release a statement calling for all shareholders to not sell their shares.

Club Statement on 19:23 - Jul 7 with 2866 viewsboromat

Club Statement on 18:41 - Jul 7 by James1980

Why is the statement coming from the club a fairly positive one. Surely alarm bells ringing amongst fans should be sending them blaring through the offices of The COA/Spotland.
I would like to think the new board of directors would be equally concerned in the event they believed this deal is going to put the long term future of the club in jeopardy and release a statement calling for all shareholders to not sell their shares.

Maybe everything so far has been cautiously positive? Maybe the public message is different to what's happening behind the scenes. Who knows?! I'm sure it'll come out eventually.

Club Statement on 19:28 - Jul 7 with 2823 viewsdavidab2202

Club Statement on 17:08 - Jul 7 by Newbury_Dale

Hopefully the manager can be appointed ASAP by the current board, so these shysters cannot get McGreal installed.

Have a fear that the club will be in a vacuum with no new Manager appointed or new players signed until all the dust has settled one way or the other. If I owned 40 % of the club I would want some say in the appointment which shouldn't happen until they have been approved by EFL.Even if they are approved and they are all above board we will only be days away from the start of what may be a very pivotal season in terms of our very survival
What a bloody mess we find ourselves in and personally more than a little concerned
Club Statement on 19:41 - Jul 7 with 2734 viewsncfc_chalky

It's exactly one month today that the new season starts and there's a hell of a lot of stuff to sort out before then

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Club Statement on 21:48 - Jul 7 with 2446 viewsjoecooke

Club Statement on 19:41 - Jul 7 by ncfc_chalky

It's exactly one month today that the new season starts and there's a hell of a lot of stuff to sort out before then

fook off chalky

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Club Statement on 08:13 - Jul 8 with 2021 viewsA_Newby

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/18774997.swindon-towns-plan-6m-training

Interesting comments on article.
Club Statement on 08:16 - Jul 8 with 2011 viewsA_Newby

https://truststfc.tv/a-summer-of-discontent/

Less than a year later.
Club Statement on 09:16 - Jul 8 with 1816 viewsjonahwhereru

Club Statement on 08:13 - Jul 8 by A_Newby

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/18774997.swindon-towns-plan-6m-training

I have just took a look at Lee Power’s racing interest, as the article states the development will include a 20 box yard for the trading of his own horses. He is down as owning 4, 2 of which are in partnership. One last run 5 years ago and another two are ancient.
The ones he owns are under the banner Lee Power Geneva Ltd (yuk).
This helps cement my concerns over these types of characters. They talk everything up like a second hand car salesman, when the reality is completely different.

There is only one thing that would settle my nerves right now and that is if the new team allow the share issue to go ahead and for there own stake to be diluted. No chance.
Club Statement on 09:24 - Jul 8 with 1783 viewsDalenet

Club Statement on 08:13 - Jul 8 by A_Newby

Interesting to see that it will cost £6m for a small range of buildings and 5 pitches. It looks good - but it shows that a full facility needs a lot of cash

If we really do need that.....it must be in the best interests of the club to work on Sports England and Lottery funding for a facility that can be used for a wide range of sports including Hornets amongst others. We could never afford £6m to build, or the funds to manage it on our own
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024