Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club Statement 09:00 - Jul 7 with 23915 viewsSuddenLad

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/july/club-statement_07.07.21/

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Club Statement on 11:03 - Jul 8 with 3495 viewsTomRAFC

Club Statement on 09:24 - Jul 8 by Dalenet

Interesting to see that it will cost £6m for a small range of buildings and 5 pitches. It looks good - but it shows that a full facility needs a lot of cash

If we really do need that.....it must be in the best interests of the club to work on Sports England and Lottery funding for a facility that can be used for a wide range of sports including Hornets amongst others. We could never afford £6m to build, or the funds to manage it on our own

Anything at Dale costing 6 million quid should instantly ring alarm bells.

The need for our own training facilities has always split opinion. I remember hearing the players side of things on the Undr The Cosh podcast, which is absolutely brilliant. I can't remember what episode it was in but this gist of it was; you wouldn't expect any other job not to tell you where your office would be or to be in a plush office one week then a leaky portacabin the next. It was certainly a factor in players deciding where to go.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Club Statement on 13:09 - Jul 8 with 3143 viewsDaleFan7

Not looking good for Swindon:

At the opposite end of the EFL, Swindon, who are in the midst of an ownership wrangle the EFL described as "concerning" and have just seven first-team players, have also been placed under an embargo for several factors:

Regulation 16.2 - Failure to provide audited annual accounts
Regulation 16.3 - Annual accounts not filed with Companies House
Regulation 17 - Defaults in payments to HMRC
Article 48 - Non-payment to Football Creditors
Rule 10.1 of League Two Salary Cap Management Protocol - Failure to submit SCMP Calculation
Conditions under monitored loan agreement
The embargo is a further complication of a troubled summer for Swindon, who were relegated from League One last season after winning the League Two title the previous campaign.

The Robins are currently without a manager after John McGreal left after less than a month in charge, BBC Radio Wiltshire reported that the players and staff have not been paid for June and the club is also facing legal action by Swindon Borough Council over unpaid rent at the County Ground.
Club Statement on 14:04 - Jul 8 with 2942 viewsJames1980

I am confused, yes it doesn't take much. Considering the names of the 'potential majority shareholders' is already in the public domain albeit unofficial. Why don't they just reveal themselves officially and in the process answer the question. Why Rochdale?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Club Statement on 14:22 - Jul 8 with 2868 viewselectricblue

Club Statement on 13:09 - Jul 8 by DaleFan7

At the opposite end of the EFL, Swindon, who are in the midst of an ownership wrangle the EFL described as "concerning" and have just seven first-team players, have also been placed under an embargo for several factors:

Rule 10.1 of League Two Salary Cap Management Protocol - Failure to submit SCMP Calculation
The embargo is a further complication of a troubled summer for Swindon, who were relegated from League One last season after winning the League Two title the previous campaign.

The Robins are currently without a manager after John McGreal left after less than a month in charge, BBC Radio Wiltshire reported that the players and staff have not been paid for June and the club is also facing legal action by Swindon Borough Council over unpaid rent at the County Ground.

Are Curran and Rose involved within all the above if so then the EFL should deny their interest in Dale.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Club Statement on 14:49 - Jul 8 with 2759 viewsSuddenLad

Club Statement on 13:09 - Jul 8 by DaleFan7

That's another Bury in the making and any club being contacted by the people behind that shambles, should just put the phone down and let that be an end to it.

I fear for Swindon reading that. It could be the end.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Club Statement on 14:58 - Jul 8 with 2699 viewsDaleFan7

Club Statement on 14:22 - Jul 8 by electricblue

Are Curran and Rose involved within all the above if so then the EFL should deny their interest in Dale.....

Judging by a certain family member's Twitter and another one being in the Swindon squad, you'd say there is some interest there.
Club Statement on 15:08 - Jul 8 with 2652 viewselectricblue

Club Statement on 14:58 - Jul 8 by DaleFan7

Judging by a certain family member's Twitter and another one being in the Swindon squad, you'd say there is some interest there.

I hope that somebody is informing the EFL about all this.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Club Statement on 16:10 - Jul 8 with 2424 viewsJames1980

If they don't take a place on the board do they still have to pass FPPT. Dan and Emre didn't when they purchased their shares or is it different if enough shares are purchased to constitute a majority regardless of whether the purchaser(s) are planning on joining the board?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Login to get fewer ads

Club Statement on 19:46 - Jul 9 with 1746 viewsRAFCBLUE

Club Statement on 15:08 - Jul 8 by electricblue

I hope that somebody is informing the EFL about all this.....

Looks like it tonight electricblue based on the EFL's comments on Curran.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Club Statement on 22:50 - Jul 9 with 1588 viewsMarjorie_Plane

Club Statement on 09:33 - Jul 7 by funkkk

It’s absolutely the biggest question. Why would anybody, with good intentions, want to invest money in RAFC?

I'm afraid they don't have any good intentions... they want to steal our club my friend... they want the land, they want the assets, they will suck the blood out of it until the last drop has gone... then they will move on to the next club...

I have friend at Swindon Town... just ask them about these nasty people
Club Statement on 22:45 - Jul 10 with 1212 viewsRAFCBLUE

Club Statement on 22:50 - Jul 9 by Marjorie_Plane

I'm afraid they don't have any good intentions... they want to steal our club my friend... they want the land, they want the assets, they will suck the blood out of it until the last drop has gone... then they will move on to the next club...

I have friend at Swindon Town... just ask them about these nasty people

I see that Taylor Curran played for Swindon and their fans link him to Andy Curran.

It's not one that makes a lot of sense if you look at his Soccerbase stats:
https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=117897

Signed in January 2019 and then in August 2020 committed to a 3 year deal; unheard of during Covid and unheard of in the lower leagues.

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2020/august/curran-here-until-2023/

There's a whisper on the Swindon forums that Swindon were being paid to play him - which must be a breach of the EFL integrity rules?

That 3 year contract didn't last as he signed for Maidstone in the non-league a few days ago!

Did the money run out?

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024