Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... 23:41 - Apr 5 with 20336 viewsGowerjack

I beleive we will be relegated next season.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 13:08 - Mar 1 with 1623 viewsymaohyd

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 12:27 - Mar 1 by Private_Partz

Good on you for that one. You were in the minority however. I was very concerned and those concerns have been proven unfounded up to this point and we have succeeded way beyond my expectations.
However should Gary leave for pastures new and we appoint a Trunds, KOL or Tatey type successor without looking at anyone else I would still be expressing the same levels of concern all over again.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2015 12:54]

Huw Jenkins and the board saw the potential in Martinez, as they did with Monk. There isn't a personality, presently at the club who has what it takes to take over from Monk.

I'm amazed at people's attitudes when Monk took over, as if HJ and the board would take a complete flyer on Monk.

If Monk continues to be successful I can't see him leaving in the next 5 years. If he isn't successful next season and the club have to make the unfortunate decision to sack him, they will look outside of the club for the new manager.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 13:24 - Mar 1 with 1596 viewsairedale

The thing about Monk when he was playing, he was rated on the basis of his ability to read the game and, especially for his leadership.
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 13:32 - Mar 1 with 1587 viewsPrivate_Partz

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 13:08 - Mar 1 by ymaohyd

Huw Jenkins and the board saw the potential in Martinez, as they did with Monk. There isn't a personality, presently at the club who has what it takes to take over from Monk.

I'm amazed at people's attitudes when Monk took over, as if HJ and the board would take a complete flyer on Monk.

If Monk continues to be successful I can't see him leaving in the next 5 years. If he isn't successful next season and the club have to make the unfortunate decision to sack him, they will look outside of the club for the new manager.

They took a gamble with Gary and it paid off. It was an almost unprecedented decision. The only other examples I can think of in this division are Tim Sherwoood and the Newcastle guy, and even these examples are not as extreme.
The comparison with Martinez, or even Rodgers, is not valid IMHO as we were not dealing with a £100m business then, or a marketing tool for both club and city that those up the road can only dream of. The cost of failure would have been massive.
Did you think it was going to be a success at the time? If so fair do's.
With regards to Gary leaving if successful........ We all thought Martinez was here for ever and even Rodgers would be in it for the long term. At least after professing his love for all things swansea at very opportunity.
I believe if top dollar was offered, or a top club came in for Gary, then he would be offski ;-).
After Martinez I trust no one in football.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 13:37 - Mar 1 with 1579 viewsVetchitBack

As with a lot of things in life it's the "how" that makes all the difference.

Some chose to express concerns fairly.

Others chose to flex their computer generated muscles and play at being Billy Big Bollox with hilarious consequences.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2015 13:45]

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 13:42 - Mar 1 with 1571 viewsPrivate_Partz

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 13:37 - Mar 1 by VetchitBack

As with a lot of things in life it's the "how" that makes all the difference.

Some chose to express concerns fairly.

Others chose to flex their computer generated muscles and play at being Billy Big Bollox with hilarious consequences.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2015 13:45]

I agree with that and I believe I expressed my concerns fairly. There are two sides in this argument though and there were Billy Big B's on both sides. Strangely enough though I think all parties to the argument had the club at heart. Well 99% at least. :-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 13:53 - Mar 1 with 1551 viewsImAlrightJack

I do admit, that after the Southampton loss last season, I thought he wasn't up for it, but when we won our first three matches of this season, I started to have faith in him.

In Huw We Trust.
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 14:07 - Mar 1 with 1523 viewsQuakerJack

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 12:52 - Mar 1 by exiledclaseboy

What are congratulating me for? And why am I giving myself a goldfish?

Strange post.

For being a clever bugger and not making an apparently embarrassing prediction that Monk would be a triumphiant flop like all us nitwits. At fairgrounds a goldfish used to be given as a prize. So for being a clever bugger, give yourself a goldfish...
[Post edited 1 Mar 2015 14:08]

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 14:44 - Mar 1 with 1490 viewsexiledclaseboy

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 14:07 - Mar 1 by QuakerJack

For being a clever bugger and not making an apparently embarrassing prediction that Monk would be a triumphiant flop like all us nitwits. At fairgrounds a goldfish used to be given as a prize. So for being a clever bugger, give yourself a goldfish...
[Post edited 1 Mar 2015 14:08]

I have absolutely no idea what you're bleating about and why. Peculiar.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 21:45 - Mar 1 with 1386 viewsDrGonzo

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but this made me giggle nonetheless. You do wonder why people are so dull as to make such silly predictions though.
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 22:04 - Mar 1 with 1365 viewsQuakerJack

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 14:44 - Mar 1 by exiledclaseboy

I have absolutely no idea what you're bleating about and why. Peculiar.

I don't know what to say. Maybe you don't understand sarcasm?

I can't be arsed butt, we'll leave it there I think.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 00:03 - Mar 4 with 1235 viewsBobJack

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 20:49 - Feb 28 by Darran

Thick tw*t.

Poll: Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 00:11 - Mar 4 with 1229 viewsJethroJack

Never believe anyone who can't spell believe
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 01:31 - Mar 4 with 1204 viewsJJJack

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 11:46 - Mar 1 by JBG

Errr not me 100 percent behind him,after meeting him and striking a friendship with him when he first signed,realised he knew his football, a real nice guy,his good relantionship with huw, it was always going to happen, well done to Gary and huw, and here's to more threads like this to watch the slaters eating humble pie lmfao

I too , was 100% behind him. Or at least close to it. I didn't think there would be guaranteed success and still don't going forward but then who the hell can guarantee success as a football manager??
I was surprised reading back through this that I hadn't actually posted on this thread but I know that did on other threads at the time. I thought Monk would be at least relatively successful for similar raesons I thought Martinez would...i.e. they are clever guys who learn quickly, have the Club's identity and interests at heart and will put 100% effort in at all times rather than when they can be arsed (Flynn, Laudrup). Monk knowing the Board so well and the players has massively helped IMO. Next season should be very interesting but his signings have been at the least, solid and at best, inspired. Long may it continue....
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 06:15 - Mar 4 with 1167 viewsdgt73

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 08:39 - Mar 1 by QuakerJack

Quakerjack "it would be criminal to give Monk the full time job".

sorry Dgt, I'll correct that. I meant to say:

"It would be criminal to give Dgt a job"

nine pages of you and the usual other twunts on here saying feck all then coming back a year later to gloat... not a single post from you back then unless I've missed it... unless you were proved right, don't come on to prove others wrong because you probably thought the same. Unless you can prove me wrong and quote yourself on this thread back then and I'll hold my hands up? Darran was way off with your age, more like 5.

Thanks for the concern, but I've already got a job. Yes i am gloating and why not. If idiotic people want to slaughter individuals,( even before they have a chance to prove themselves ) then it's tough tits, when they are made to look daft. I've also made many posts regarding Monk and it's not "blind faith" i have, just the realisation that the people who make the decisions at the club are much more qualified to make those decisions, than the plebeian on here.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2015 6:23]

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024