Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... 23:41 - Apr 5 with 20341 viewsGowerjack

I beleive we will be relegated next season.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 08:59 - Mar 1 with 1320 viewsverisimilitude

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 09:12 - Apr 7 by Spratty

Sadly coming down to Profit v Risk - RIP fans run club

Who said a directors wife disparagingly told them the fans think they own Swansea PLC

I know A_Fans_Dad will tell us its a business and we are lucky if the directors tell us anything. But then again we are at least customers and may rightfully complain if our beef pie contains horse meat.

I know dailew will continue up arrowing all posts that support the board / Monk and down arrow all posts that speak against them. Is that really Dai Lewis or Daily Huw?
[Post edited 7 Apr 2014 9:20]

I thought the first line of this post showed a lot of foresight

Especially as they were already trying to sell the club from under us
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 09:02 - Mar 1 with 1320 viewsexiledclaseboy

Aww bless. The ones who were so firm with their "Monk would be a disaster" predictions aren't keen on this thread being bumped are they? They're getting all defensive and everything, poor dabs.

Poll: Tory leader

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 09:08 - Mar 1 with 1290 viewsverisimilitude

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 13:10 - Apr 7 by Spratty

My sincere hope is that fairness prevails.

If our board have got us in such a situation I would not want anyone shafted let alone someone who had achieved so much for the club it would be abhorrent.

If ML has done something terrible (more than as declared from the outset, want to manage without interference) then I hope he gets nothing. In fact if I truly felt he had done something to deliberately harm our club (besides get his fair dues) I would applaud Huw for having the courage to kick his famous ass up the road. Unfortunately to me the facts are far from erring on this side. Even then there must be questions on the nature of allowing us to get to this point and the execution of the dismissal. I would also take a similar view on any action by the Board or Players that was borne out of self interest / ego / other such agenda or incompetence.

Ah yes and this was the post where after pushing me into giving my opnion, Darran based his repeatedly staking my every post on whatever subject to say I hoped Laudrup got millions of compo from our club
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 09:11 - Mar 1 with 1288 viewsexiledclaseboy

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 09:08 - Mar 1 by verisimilitude

Ah yes and this was the post where after pushing me into giving my opnion, Darran based his repeatedly staking my every post on whatever subject to say I hoped Laudrup got millions of compo from our club

It all worked out for the best for Swansea City though, wouldn't you say Spratts?

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 09:21 - Mar 1 with 1260 viewsverisimilitude

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 09:02 - Mar 1 by exiledclaseboy

Aww bless. The ones who were so firm with their "Monk would be a disaster" predictions aren't keen on this thread being bumped are they? They're getting all defensive and everything, poor dabs.

Don't you however think that most were pointing to the considerable risk

I said of course he could be a success and Huw would for ever establish his reputation as the mystic manager picker (for which if I recall dailew downvoted me)

Most (as I) were suggesting a balanced recruitment process that would consider other candidates. What was unreasonable in that.

Do you not think that Koeman for e.g. (who was throwing himself at us at the time) might not have got more out of the assembled talent (who knows)

I do know our football is duller to watch and for instance our last 2 wins have relied on a juggling goalkeeper and and lucky rebound (shot was otherwise straight on prepared keeper). But happy to take all of that and 40 points a game earlier than the season before last is fab.

Thing is our ongoing games have some great chances to pick up points and it is really not down to the order we play games but where we end up at the end of the season. I think there is no doubt we will break our best PL points total set by Bren in our first season. Which will be fantastic - but not the only consideration for the spectator.

As far as getting the rise out of posters that have had the balls to give an actual opinion, little primary school isn't it? Personally I am always the type of coward who is always pretty careful about what they say, so good on those with the guts to put their feelings out there.
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 09:28 - Mar 1 with 1248 viewsexiledclaseboy

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 09:21 - Mar 1 by verisimilitude

Don't you however think that most were pointing to the considerable risk

I said of course he could be a success and Huw would for ever establish his reputation as the mystic manager picker (for which if I recall dailew downvoted me)

Most (as I) were suggesting a balanced recruitment process that would consider other candidates. What was unreasonable in that.

Do you not think that Koeman for e.g. (who was throwing himself at us at the time) might not have got more out of the assembled talent (who knows)

I do know our football is duller to watch and for instance our last 2 wins have relied on a juggling goalkeeper and and lucky rebound (shot was otherwise straight on prepared keeper). But happy to take all of that and 40 points a game earlier than the season before last is fab.

Thing is our ongoing games have some great chances to pick up points and it is really not down to the order we play games but where we end up at the end of the season. I think there is no doubt we will break our best PL points total set by Bren in our first season. Which will be fantastic - but not the only consideration for the spectator.

As far as getting the rise out of posters that have had the balls to give an actual opinion, little primary school isn't it? Personally I am always the type of coward who is always pretty careful about what they say, so good on those with the guts to put their feelings out there.

I think that some (not most) were concerned about the risk. I was. Others I'm afraid have been personal and viscous in their treatment of Monk throughout the season and previously and have reveled in poor results. Bumping threads like this is undoubtedly childish, someone gives their opinion and that opinion is proved to be wrong, it's the internet it happens, but it's also quite amusing. I've no doubt that if we'd been languishing on 20 points now the same thing would be happening but other posters would be doing it and pointing out how forward thinking they were by opposing Monk's appointment from the start.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 09:31 - Mar 1 with 1237 viewsScoobyWho

Agree, Its easy to say I told you so ECB, DGT is doing just that! Monk wont last forever, no manager does. It would be too easy to keep this thread for the day he may get sacked, and do exactly the same.

But as you say. There is no point. DGT needs to learn the art of communication on a wider level than to use selective posts to improve his low self esteem for sure.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 09:33 - Mar 1 with 1231 viewslifelong

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 09:28 - Mar 1 by exiledclaseboy

I think that some (not most) were concerned about the risk. I was. Others I'm afraid have been personal and viscous in their treatment of Monk throughout the season and previously and have reveled in poor results. Bumping threads like this is undoubtedly childish, someone gives their opinion and that opinion is proved to be wrong, it's the internet it happens, but it's also quite amusing. I've no doubt that if we'd been languishing on 20 points now the same thing would be happening but other posters would be doing it and pointing out how forward thinking they were by opposing Monk's appointment from the start.

I think most people opposed Monk's appointment, in fact I can't recall anyone who was totally in favour of it, we have all been proved wrong.
Login to get fewer ads

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 09:37 - Mar 1 with 1223 viewsStarsky

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 09:31 - Mar 1 by ScoobyWho

Agree, Its easy to say I told you so ECB, DGT is doing just that! Monk wont last forever, no manager does. It would be too easy to keep this thread for the day he may get sacked, and do exactly the same.

But as you say. There is no point. DGT needs to learn the art of communication on a wider level than to use selective posts to improve his low self esteem for sure.

Good post.

It's just the internet, init.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 09:43 - Mar 1 with 1207 viewsexiledclaseboy

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 09:33 - Mar 1 by lifelong

I think most people opposed Monk's appointment, in fact I can't recall anyone who was totally in favour of it, we have all been proved wrong.

You're probably right, there isn't anyone on here who can honestly say that they were four square, 100% behind Monk's appointment (permanent appointment) at the time it happened. But there are many who can honestly say that they haven't subjected Monk to some viscous abuse and refused to give him any credit for the excellent job he's clearly done. There are a few who can't say that of course.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 09:54 - Mar 1 with 1186 viewsStarsky

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 09:43 - Mar 1 by exiledclaseboy

You're probably right, there isn't anyone on here who can honestly say that they were four square, 100% behind Monk's appointment (permanent appointment) at the time it happened. But there are many who can honestly say that they haven't subjected Monk to some viscous abuse and refused to give him any credit for the excellent job he's clearly done. There are a few who can't say that of course.

I was one of the closest ones to it to be honest.

And the reason for that was... We had the same reaction on here when Martinez was appointed.
I remember Sharky Jack and his "terrible terrible terrible decision" thread.

I swore after that, I would never pre-empt any signing, whether it would be a player or manager.

I didn't really want another big ego manager, and I figured that Monk had worked under Rogers, Martinez, Sousa and Laudrup. Surely he would know what worked and what didn't. The only question for me was, how could he attract new players?
[Post edited 1 Mar 2015 9:55]

It's just the internet, init.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 10:19 - Mar 1 with 1140 viewsNeiltheTaylor

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 06:38 - Mar 1 by Dr_Winston

He won't have an answer to that. He rarely does.

Like Quaker said, the fella offers absolutely nothing here, then "LOLs" as if he has offered some kind of genius insight previously.

Absolutely pointless poster. Literally.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 10:22 - Mar 1 with 1129 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Closely followed by his pointless little buddy dailew. Has this cowardly little man ever offered anything like a contribution to this folder?

Absolute leeches the both of them.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 10:24 - Mar 1 with 1120 viewsJackanapes

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 09:31 - Mar 1 by ScoobyWho

Even though he wont last forever he still hasnt relegated us this season. It still wont have been a terrible decision to appoint him as full time manager. He may never get sacked. He may retire when hes 70.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2015 10:24]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 11:46 - Mar 1 with 1033 viewsJBG

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 09:43 - Mar 1 by exiledclaseboy

Errr not me 100 percent behind him,after meeting him and striking a friendship with him when he first signed,realised he knew his football, a real nice guy,his good relantionship with huw, it was always going to happen, well done to Gary and huw, and here's to more threads like this to watch the slaters eating humble pie lmfao
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 12:23 - Mar 1 with 974 viewsWarwickHunt

*vicious*

A welcome three points yesterday but f*cking dire football from both teams.
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 12:26 - Mar 1 with 965 viewsexiledclaseboy

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 12:23 - Mar 1 by WarwickHunt

*vicious*

A welcome three points yesterday but f*cking dire football from both teams.

Meh, I'll just claim I left that one there for you.

Yes, indeed. Not every game is full of sparkling football.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 12:27 - Mar 1 with 965 viewsPrivate_Partz

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 11:46 - Mar 1 by JBG

Errr not me 100 percent behind him,after meeting him and striking a friendship with him when he first signed,realised he knew his football, a real nice guy,his good relantionship with huw, it was always going to happen, well done to Gary and huw, and here's to more threads like this to watch the slaters eating humble pie lmfao

Good on you for that one. You were in the minority however. I was very concerned and those concerns have been proven unfounded up to this point and we have succeeded way beyond my expectations.
However should Gary leave for pastures new and we appoint a Trunds, KOL or Tatey type successor without looking at anyone else I would still be expressing the same levels of concern all over again.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2015 12:54]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 12:50 - Mar 1 with 932 viewsQuakerJack

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 09:02 - Mar 1 by exiledclaseboy

Congrats. Give yourself a goldfish.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 12:52 - Mar 1 with 930 viewsexiledclaseboy

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 12:50 - Mar 1 by QuakerJack

Congrats. Give yourself a goldfish.

What are congratulating me for? And why am I giving myself a goldfish?

Strange post.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 12:55 - Mar 1 with 924 viewsmonmouth

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 12:26 - Mar 1 by exiledclaseboy

Well I'm with you, I think some of the attacks have been quite fluid in nature.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 12:58 - Mar 1 with 915 viewsjackonicko

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 12:55 - Mar 1 by monmouth

Well I'm with you, I think some of the attacks have been quite fluid in nature.

There has certainly been a sticky consistency to them, anyway.
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 13:00 - Mar 1 with 909 viewsexiledclaseboy

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 12:58 - Mar 1 by jackonicko

There has certainly been a sticky consistency to them, anyway.

Everyone's a comedian...

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 13:01 - Mar 1 with 907 viewsymaohyd

I was 100% behind Monk being appointed.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 13:04 - Mar 1 with 896 viewsQuakerJack

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 12:26 - Mar 1 by exiledclaseboy

Show me the last time we played sparkling football.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024