Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... 23:41 - Apr 5 with 20338 viewsGowerjack

I beleive we will be relegated next season.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 10:40 - Apr 7 with 1277 viewsJACKARSE

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 10:19 - Apr 7 by WarwickHunt

Morning Richie.

Jenkins has inexplicably wanted Emnes back since he left - the fact that everyone thought it was just lazy journalism at every transfer window and couldn't possibly be true speaks volumes.

I was prepared to give N'Gog the benefit of the doubt (unfulfilled potential and all that) at the time but it seems equally, if not more, bizarre now.
I can't see that being a Laudrup signing in a million years.

I think Jenkins may have lost a very expensive poker game with Laudrup. Let's hope it's just compo and not our PL status.

The press at the time :-

SWANSEA City boss Michael Laudrup says he knows little about the club's new signing Marvin Emnes after the Middlesbrough forward returned.

Chairman Huw Jenkins said Swansea "knows Emnes well" after the Dutchman signed on loan for the rest of the season before Friday night's transfer deadline.
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 10:41 - Apr 7 with 1269 viewsperchrockjack

I true it s shocking not least for the fact LAUDRUP accepted it maybe because he wasnt that arsed. If he had pride he d have resigned there and then

Either way it was a massive cockup at a vital time

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 10:46 - Apr 7 with 1257 viewsJoe_bradshaw

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 10:41 - Apr 7 by perchrockjack

I true it s shocking not least for the fact LAUDRUP accepted it maybe because he wasnt that arsed. If he had pride he d have resigned there and then

That would have been very expensive pride for Laudrup.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 10:54 - Apr 7 with 1239 viewsperchrockjack

True but can only see a weak/indifferent manager putting up with that from a Board. All conjecture anyway

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 10:54 - Apr 7 with 1241 viewspaulv2k4

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 10:46 - Apr 7 by Joe_bradshaw

That would have been very expensive pride for Laudrup.

This is what i was trying to get at. Recruit another expensive manager and we could well spend another large sum on dismissal.

i think we will find another gem of a manager. I was/still am secretly hoping that's monk though.
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 10:58 - Apr 7 with 1220 viewsUxbridge

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 10:54 - Apr 7 by perchrockjack

True but can only see a weak/indifferent manager putting up with that from a Board. All conjecture anyway

Depends if he was told he would have to pick him. I agree though, if a manager doesn't want a player then we really shouldn't go and sign him.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 11:00 - Apr 7 with 1206 viewsJoe_bradshaw

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 10:58 - Apr 7 by Uxbridge

Depends if he was told he would have to pick him. I agree though, if a manager doesn't want a player then we really shouldn't go and sign him.

Unless we're trying to force said manager out.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 11:01 - Apr 7 with 1199 viewsperchrockjack

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 11:00 - Apr 7 by Joe_bradshaw

which was a crass way of acting

Login to get fewer ads

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 11:04 - Apr 7 with 1186 viewsUxbridge

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 11:00 - Apr 7 by Joe_bradshaw

Pretty expensive way to try, and unlikely to succeed. I'm not convinced that was the reason though.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 11:05 - Apr 7 with 1182 viewsWarwickHunt

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 11:01 - Apr 7 by perchrockjack

which was a crass way of acting

Laudrup called his bluff; he's no idiot.
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 11:20 - Apr 7 with 1143 viewsperchrockjack

There again he thought it fit to bring Alvaro Vasquez to us

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 11:21 - Apr 7 with 1141 viewskarnataka

I think a lot depends on the terms discussed between HJ & GM when he was appointed. If HJ said something along the lines of 'The job's yours until the end of the season but keep us up and it's yours for next season as well' then it's a fait accompli. I just hope Huw is a bit wiser than to have done that.
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 11:23 - Apr 7 with 1137 viewsDarran

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 11:05 - Apr 7 by WarwickHunt

Laudrup called his bluff; he's no idiot.

I don't understand how you can say that when you don't know what's going to happen,it's going to be quite complex and I'd bet Laudrup won't get his contract paid up in full.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 11:29 - Apr 7 with 1131 viewsJoe_bradshaw

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 11:23 - Apr 7 by Darran

I don't understand how you can say that when you don't know what's going to happen,it's going to be quite complex and I'd bet Laudrup won't get his contract paid up in full.

There'll be an agreement reached at some point as there is in 99% of these cases.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 11:38 - Apr 7 with 1119 viewsWarwickHunt

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 11:23 - Apr 7 by Darran

Well, he'll sure as f*ck walk away with a lot more than he would have done if he'd resigned...

Could you explain Huw's miraculous change of mind a few hours after his meeting with Laudrup when he agreed to let him carry on? A version of events they both agree on by the way.

It seems pretty obvious the plan was to get him to resign and he was sacked when he didn't take the bait.

I don't know how much it will end up costing us. However, it's hardly money well spent when in all probabilty we'd have a few more points in the bag by now if he'd stayed.
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 11:45 - Apr 7 with 1105 viewsDarran

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 11:38 - Apr 7 by WarwickHunt

Well, he'll sure as f*ck walk away with a lot more than he would have done if he'd resigned...

Could you explain Huw's miraculous change of mind a few hours after his meeting with Laudrup when he agreed to let him carry on? A version of events they both agree on by the way.

It seems pretty obvious the plan was to get him to resign and he was sacked when he didn't take the bait.

I don't know how much it will end up costing us. However, it's hardly money well spent when in all probabilty we'd have a few more points in the bag by now if he'd stayed.

Well I'm the same as you in not knowing what will happen but you said he's no idiot and he might end up with less.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 11:47 - Apr 7 with 1100 viewsWarwickHunt

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 11:45 - Apr 7 by Darran

Well I'm the same as you in not knowing what will happen but you said he's no idiot and he might end up with less.

If he'd resigned he'd have got f*ck all. How can you get less than that?
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 11:48 - Apr 7 with 1098 viewsSpratty

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 10:41 - Apr 7 by perchrockjack

"SWANSEA City boss Michael Laudrup says he knows little about the club's new signing Marvin Emnes"

Was looking for that quote. IMO I consider this as close to a slap in the face as ML would give

a. Perhaps he had no alternative but to accept it except......

b. to walk and if you feel you are being feked over royally why would you deliver directly into their hands. It would also reflect badly on you having given your word to stay both to the fans and players.

Loved this continual accusation that he could not be arsed difference between that and feeling beaten because your hands are being tied at every turn.

Remember.......

Huw even after the email sacking - said ML was the most genuine and honest person you could meet and things being said about ML turned his stomach and must stop

At a time of massive key injuries, 50% higher fixture density than currently, openly critical Board in National press (morning of Cardiff game) ML still managed almost identical like for like PL game points to last years top 10 PL finish, kept us in Europa and FA Cup.

Even on straight average points total (not taking into account returning fully fit squad, less fixtures and easier fixtures) he was still well on track to keep us up.

Still managed to play some lovely football as well as the necessity of back to the wall uninspiring stuff. West Ham away was pretty woeful but given all the background agenda is it any wonder that translated to the players. Being beaten by the on form team of the month (won every match by 2 goals and only conceded 1 goal all month - against Southampton) is in no way comparable to losing to the massively out of form W.Brom at home (let alone they are a team we normally do well against even when they are in top form).

I am almost desperate to be proved wrong and find that ML rather than managing in his own style (and not blowing smoke up senior players arses) was in fact doing the PL version of buggering the Burser. But everything I feel and see is so far telling me different.
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 11:52 - Apr 7 with 1093 viewsDarran

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 11:47 - Apr 7 by WarwickHunt

If he'd resigned he'd have got f*ck all. How can you get less than that?

You can't but it's been said on here by the time we pay up his contract and Garry's bonus we'll be well out of pocket and that quite simply may not be the case.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 12:04 - Apr 7 with 1069 viewsSpratty

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 11:52 - Apr 7 by Darran

You can't but it's been said on here by the time we pay up his contract and Garry's bonus we'll be well out of pocket and that quite simply may not be the case.

Think it was said that may be the case. If we take in damage to his not inconsiderable reputation by the rumours and he sources them to the board then it could be worse still.
Possibly why Huw stepped in to stop them.

I even pointed out if we went down he may still have a claim for his staying up bonus if he can reasonably show he was on track to keep us up.
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 12:06 - Apr 7 with 1062 viewsDarran

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 12:04 - Apr 7 by Spratty

Think it was said that may be the case. If we take in damage to his not inconsiderable reputation by the rumours and he sources them to the board then it could be worse still.

I even pointed out if we went down he may still have a claim for his staying up bonus if he can reasonably show he was on track to keep us up.

Yeah and he may not.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 12:10 - Apr 7 with 1048 viewsSpratty

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 12:06 - Apr 7 by Darran

Yeah and he may not.

Exactly the point - but given not sacked on results need to have strong evidence of what he was doing wrong - rather that just a feeling, or wouldn't have done it that way myself.

Obviously contract will dictate, but if he can show loss through no fault of his own think he would have a good case.
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 12:12 - Apr 7 with 1044 viewsDarran

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 12:10 - Apr 7 by Spratty

Exactly the point - but given not sacked on results need to have strong evidence of what he was doing wrong - rather that just a feeling, or wouldn't have done it that way myself.

Obviously contract will dictate, but if he can show loss through no fault of his own think he would have a good case.

Who do you hope wins Swansea City or Michael Laudruo?

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 12:18 - Apr 7 with 1036 viewsDr_Winston

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 12:04 - Apr 7 by Spratty

Would that be his reputation for falling out with various boards/chairmen and getting the boot?

He's maintained that reputation fairly well.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 12:26 - Apr 7 with 1014 viewsSpratty

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 11:45 - Apr 7 by Darran

It seems he had conceded all he needed to do during the meeting to stay.

Huw's self admitted "rethink" and sacking by email a couple of hours later gave him no further choice or input in the matter.

Still interested to know if the inside information that said "certain" players on hearing he was staying refused to work with Laudrup and that is what led to the "rethink" is correct. We know GM is so infallible he will rip anyone apart who does not comply with his "philosophy". Like his comment on Sousa not being able to maintain second halves. Ash's comments have not been too subtle either. Both had much to gain. GM himself subsequently declared being ML's no 2 was "never going to happen, never going to happen".
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024